Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) 15:12 - Aug 26 with 5872 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:15 - Aug 26 with 2730 viewsParsley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-58279900
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 26 with 2692 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:15 - Aug 26 by Parsley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-58279900

Thanks, didn't have a specific site to link but that is a good choice.

This was noteworthy in there too. Good to remember there are good people out there and that good can come from adversity.

"One of the UK's largest home care providers has pledged to train and employ 500 refugees from Afghanistan as carers.

Over the next five years Cera aims to recruit, train and employ 500 refugees who come to the UK as part of its resettlement programme."

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:30 - Aug 26 with 2618 viewsGlasgowBlue

Reports of a second explosion now.

There was intelligence that ISIS-K were planning something.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:32 - Aug 26 with 2600 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Very disturbing. Big decision for Biden now.

How any leader at all (from any country) can leave these poor people in this situation sickens me

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:33 - Aug 26 with 2590 viewsNthsuffolkblue

People so desperate to leave the country they are willing to cling to an aircraft and fall to their death. Those who oppose them leaving killing them by blowing themselves up. Whatever possesses the mind of those so determined to oppress these people?

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:34 - Aug 26 with 2578 viewshype313

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:32 - Aug 26 by The_Romford_Blue

How any leader at all (from any country) can leave these poor people in this situation sickens me

He's made his decision, this awful tragedy will be his legacy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:35 - Aug 26 with 2579 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:32 - Aug 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Unfortunately this is happening all the time in multiple countries around the world. The only difference is where the media focus attention and, in this instance, the recent involvement of the UK government.

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:49 - Aug 26 with 2489 viewsLord_Lucan

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:34 - Aug 26 by hype313

Exactly

Silly old sod screwed it. He wouldn't go into September as it clashed with 9/11 anniversary.

He has withdrawn without securing civilians withdrawal. He is like a captain leaving a sinking ship without the passengers. He has had loads of time to sort this out.

Impossible for UK to stay in without USA back up even if they wanted to.

It is a total disgrace.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 26 with 2431 viewsDinDjarin

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:49 - Aug 26 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly

Silly old sod screwed it. He wouldn't go into September as it clashed with 9/11 anniversary.

He has withdrawn without securing civilians withdrawal. He is like a captain leaving a sinking ship without the passengers. He has had loads of time to sort this out.

It is a total disgrace.

Notice Kamala has distanced herself from it all.

Biden was never going to last 1 year let alone 4 and Kamala has been the shoe in from the start.
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:00 - Aug 26 with 2413 viewsWeWereZombies

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 26 by DinDjarin

Notice Kamala has distanced herself from it all.

Biden was never going to last 1 year let alone 4 and Kamala has been the shoe in from the start.

Ahem

'shoo in'

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/31/shoe-in/#:~:text=This%20expression%20purported

In the US's defence the BBC report does say that they have now evacuated 88,000 with a plane leaving the airport every thirty nine minutes.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:12 - Aug 26 with 2366 viewsWD19

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks, didn't have a specific site to link but that is a good choice.

This was noteworthy in there too. Good to remember there are good people out there and that good can come from adversity.

"One of the UK's largest home care providers has pledged to train and employ 500 refugees from Afghanistan as carers.

Over the next five years Cera aims to recruit, train and employ 500 refugees who come to the UK as part of its resettlement programme."

There is a massive, unsustainable shortage of workers in the care sector. This is very sensible, but it is pure opportunism.
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:14 - Aug 26 with 2345 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:00 - Aug 26 by WeWereZombies

Ahem

'shoo in'

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/31/shoe-in/#:~:text=This%20expression%20purported

In the US's defence the BBC report does say that they have now evacuated 88,000 with a plane leaving the airport every thirty nine minutes.

I remain fairly certain that at 00:01 on Sept 1st, the Taliban will put 8 or 9 Mortar rounds onto the runways.

We're literally going to leave the poor sods to die. I suspect some by torture and we'll make enemies of all of them.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:17 - Aug 26 with 2322 viewsWeWereZombies

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:14 - Aug 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

I remain fairly certain that at 00:01 on Sept 1st, the Taliban will put 8 or 9 Mortar rounds onto the runways.

We're literally going to leave the poor sods to die. I suspect some by torture and we'll make enemies of all of them.

This explosion certainly seems to have made the aim of getting everyone out who wants to leave (and has a passport) by 31st August a lot more difficult.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:19 - Aug 26 with 2320 viewsPinewoodblue

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:49 - Aug 26 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly

It is a total disgrace.

While I agree with you I honestly don’t think Biden had any chance of getting extra time.

Rather than being seen to fail he decided not to openly try. He knows he has failed hence his refusal to answer questions. He has damaged US standing in the World, probably more than Trump did. He could be laughed off as a fool, but Biden doesn’t fit that description.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:24 - Aug 26 with 2293 viewsronnyd

The Taliban have insisted that there is to be no extending of the Sept 1st deadline. As poor as Biden is, i cant see that he can do much else. The only other option would start the whole twenty year fiasco all over again.
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:33 - Aug 26 with 2240 viewsDigger77

Biden is toast.
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 2195 viewsElderGrizzly

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:24 - Aug 26 by ronnyd

The Taliban have insisted that there is to be no extending of the Sept 1st deadline. As poor as Biden is, i cant see that he can do much else. The only other option would start the whole twenty year fiasco all over again.

Absolutely. This was always going to happen once the 5,000 Taliban prisoners were released by Trump in return for 'being good'.

Whatever the timeline, the stronger the Taliban were going to become once their leaders were released.

And as you say, the only way you stop the Taliban is going back to what the USA and partner countries did in 2001 and you're back to a full scale war.

And of course there will be this now:

[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 16:52]
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:54 - Aug 26 with 2119 viewsEireannach_gorm

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:33 - Aug 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

People so desperate to leave the country they are willing to cling to an aircraft and fall to their death. Those who oppose them leaving killing them by blowing themselves up. Whatever possesses the mind of those so determined to oppress these people?

Blown up queuing in a sewer, words fail me.

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:00 - Aug 26 with 2080 viewswkj

I wish I could say I am surprised. Biden made a catastrophic error in the eyes of the world, though it is hard to say what the impact will be domesticly as withdrawal has been a big desire for a long time.

Whatever happens, we've passed the point of no return now and the only way I can see NATO going back is if War is declared.

A horrific situation that everyone saw coming

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:12 - Aug 26 with 2032 viewsDarth_Koont

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 16:19 - Aug 26 by Pinewoodblue

While I agree with you I honestly don’t think Biden had any chance of getting extra time.

Rather than being seen to fail he decided not to openly try. He knows he has failed hence his refusal to answer questions. He has damaged US standing in the World, probably more than Trump did. He could be laughed off as a fool, but Biden doesn’t fit that description.

But he’d already extended it by 4 months.

The “West” spent 20 years effectively hollowing out the country, which was always going to leave the Taliban on top when the US left. All seems a colossal waste of time and a tragedy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:29 - Aug 26 with 1964 viewsSwansea_Blue

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 15:34 - Aug 26 by hype313

He's a moron. Maybe there's something in the reports that he's not mentally fit for office after all!

The very fact it was Trump who agreed this 'peace' deal with the Taliban should have been enough to make them do a sh*t load of due diligence around the likely implications of following the plan. I can't believe the greatest strategic minds in the US looked at a sudden, total withdrawal of support and thought 'yeah, that's a good idea'.

This could well finish Biden off, later if not necessarily now. And he'd deserve it too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 1912 viewsPinewoodblue

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:29 - Aug 26 by Swansea_Blue

He's a moron. Maybe there's something in the reports that he's not mentally fit for office after all!

The very fact it was Trump who agreed this 'peace' deal with the Taliban should have been enough to make them do a sh*t load of due diligence around the likely implications of following the plan. I can't believe the greatest strategic minds in the US looked at a sudden, total withdrawal of support and thought 'yeah, that's a good idea'.

This could well finish Biden off, later if not necessarily now. And he'd deserve it too.

Have a feeling that the majority of Americans go along with it. Any damage to Biden, and US, will be in a worldwide scale.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 26 with 1873 viewsDigger77

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 26 by Pinewoodblue

Have a feeling that the majority of Americans go along with it. Any damage to Biden, and US, will be in a worldwide scale.

Americans are not usually happy when they are humiliated on a world stage. They aren't known for being good losers.
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 18:00 - Aug 26 with 1853 viewsronnyd

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 26 by Digger77

Americans are not usually happy when they are humiliated on a world stage. They aren't known for being good losers.

Hope our American backers give us a bit of leeway.
Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 18:03 - Aug 26 with 1842 viewsDigger77

Suicide bomb at Kabul airport at UK gate reports (n/t) on 18:00 - Aug 26 by ronnyd

Hope our American backers give us a bit of leeway.

They could always just blame the last lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024