Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Fraser 13:02 - Sep 2 with 3505 viewsMeenoITFC

Opinions on him?

Personally I'm not a fan (as of yet). Set pieces are poor, work rate is average. With the players we have in now, can you see him being a regular starter?

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Scott Fraser on 13:05 - Sep 2 with 3206 viewsChrisd

Give the bloke a chance, he's been played out of position for the handful of games he's played this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Scott Fraser on 13:05 - Sep 2 with 3203 viewsJDB23

We’ve not really seen anyone play well in the 10 position yet so not sure if it’s him or the team yet to adjust to the formation. That being said that he hasn’t looked great out wide either but has shown flashes of quality in the final third. There is definitely competition for his place so let’s hope that drives up his performances.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 13:06]
Scott Fraser on 13:10 - Sep 2 with 3138 viewsSixto6

He’s a very good player, just give him time to settle in.
Had his penalty not been saved we could be saying 2 in 5 is a great start ?
Scott Fraser on 13:14 - Sep 2 with 3097 viewstractorboy1978

Scott Fraser on 13:10 - Sep 2 by Sixto6

He’s a very good player, just give him time to settle in.
Had his penalty not been saved we could be saying 2 in 5 is a great start ?

And a fantastic pin-point assist for Bonne.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 13:15]
Scott Fraser on 13:15 - Sep 2 with 3090 viewsgordon

Think he probably suited the MK Dons possession style of football really well, but from what I've seen of our attacking play this season, we've been trying to counter-attack / attack very quickly, and that maybe doesn't suit him so well?
Scott Fraser on 13:16 - Sep 2 with 3079 viewsSimonds92

I think that a lot of people are happy to believe in the myth of him and shout down anyone who criticises him based on performances. Currently he's not looked very good, out of all our signings Fraser and the keeper look the weakest. He may well need a few games to get going and I'm not writing him off completely, but he would be the player from the weekend i would look to drop to bring Celina in and play him as the 10.
Scott Fraser on 13:17 - Sep 2 with 3070 viewsWD19

At MK Dons he was a key man in a particular position and style of play. A big fish in a small pond. With us he has been dropped into a new team, often in a new position and had to adap.....so we need to give him time.

That said, to me he has appeared laboured at times. He runs like he is in quicksand. Yes, there are occasional flashes of class, but too often it feels like we are playing with 10 men. Hopefully he/we will adapt.
Scott Fraser on 13:19 - Sep 2 with 3053 viewsElderGrizzly

Scott Fraser on 13:05 - Sep 2 by Chrisd

Give the bloke a chance, he's been played out of position for the handful of games he's played this season.

This.

One of the most creative players in L1 who until Wimbledon game hasn't been played in the position where he was one of the most creative players in L1.
Login to get fewer ads

Scott Fraser on 13:21 - Sep 2 with 3017 viewsGarv

I guess on paper he might not be viewed as a nailed on starter, but I think he'll play more often than not. He already has a goal and assist in a handful of games.

Give him a chance.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Scott Fraser on 13:26 - Sep 2 with 2957 viewsHullblue

A goal and a top-notch assist so far - a decent return in any team, never mind an underperforming one that’s just been flung together. More than some others have contributed too.

I think he’s just a bit more subtle than other players so is easy to miss, to be honest.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Scott Fraser on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 2923 viewsitfcsuth

I personally don't think he has performed how I thought he would. But he has played 5 league games, it is so early in his Ipswich career.

I know he has quality, and in time that will shine through. Just like Hladky, they haven't become bad players in 5 games - they are really good League 1 footballers.

Let's be patient.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 13:31]
Scott Fraser on 13:40 - Sep 2 with 2834 viewsWeekender

If you look at the stats he has created more chances than any other player in the league.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Scott Fraser on 13:57 - Sep 2 with 2720 viewsBloomBlue

I think he needs time although no excuse for hitting the first man on every corner. Actually what is wrong with our corners it doesn't matter who takes them we either hit the first man or overcompensate and hit the ball over everyone for a goal-kick? I appreciate we need to gel and it takes time but does that include taking corners
Scott Fraser on 14:54 - Sep 2 with 2541 viewsStrimmer

Is 1 goal 1 assist in 5 apps not pretty decent? Regardless of whether you think he 'looks good' or not.

On this board if you think someone looks decent you get told he doesnt have the numbers so he's not, actually. Yet if people dont like the look of him, it doesnt seem to matter that the numbers are ok. Strange.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Scott Fraser on 14:58 - Sep 2 with 2513 viewsBlueySwede

Thought his debut was fine, a bit hit and miss since then. Not ready to write him off for quite a while yet.
Scott Fraser on 16:58 - Sep 2 with 2294 viewsThe_Realist_09

Scott Fraser on 14:54 - Sep 2 by Strimmer

Is 1 goal 1 assist in 5 apps not pretty decent? Regardless of whether you think he 'looks good' or not.

On this board if you think someone looks decent you get told he doesnt have the numbers so he's not, actually. Yet if people dont like the look of him, it doesnt seem to matter that the numbers are ok. Strange.

3rd in the league for key passes per game. Also joint second (with 11 others) for big chances created.

I think he's a really good player, we just probably haven't found how to use him best in our system yet. The corners have been poor I'll say that.
Scott Fraser on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 2286 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I really like him.

Ridiculously good assist for Bonnes second vs MK.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Scott Fraser on 17:15 - Sep 2 with 2240 viewsKeaneish

Indifferent at the moment. He's involved in key moments but goes missing a lot in whatever position he's played. Probably the signing i've least enjoyed watching to date, other than Hladky.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Scott Fraser on 18:04 - Sep 2 with 2123 viewsDarth_Koont

He’s going to be a Marmite player on his 90 minute performances.

But on the basis of the stuff he does in and around the box and probably being the one player who can supply those moments of quality every manager and pundit goes on about, then I think he’s still a key player.

Pronouns: He/Him

Scott Fraser on 18:11 - Sep 2 with 2090 viewsRobTheMonk

Good footballing brain and technical player. Hasn't hit his best and can go missing. Should shine as we get further into the season.
Scott Fraser on 19:01 - Sep 2 with 1982 viewsDJR

He's clearly not a physical player, and doesn't thrive when we revert to the long ball as we have done in the latter stages of several games. If you look at him during a game, he often looks to receive the ball to his feet but we rarely seem to play it to him. As regards his ability, he is very calm in and around the box and has created quite a few chances, including two great ones against Wimbledon. And the goal he scored after a one two, and the goal he created for Bonne, were as good footballing goals as I have seen Ipswich score in a long time. The problem it seems to me that I am not sure we are properly set up to play to his strengths with Evans and Harper so deep, and the team generally favouring attacking down the wings, which leave a huge hole in the middle.
Scott Fraser on 08:02 - Sep 3 with 1659 viewsquad

I've only seen him play against Wimbledon but I thought he looked very good first half. Somebody else in the crowd said that he was everywhere and I agreed. He'doesn't look fantastic but he certainly covered a lot of ground and was always involved with the play. I think he will do really well and create and score a lot.

Biggest criticism of him is that he appeared to be one of the main players who faded badly in the second half and I would question his fitness levels at the moment.
Scott Fraser on 08:09 - Sep 3 with 1643 viewsStadiumofdark

Scott Fraser on 13:40 - Sep 2 by Weekender

If you look at the stats he has created more chances than any other player in the league.

Yeah, but apart from that.....
Scott Fraser on 08:39 - Sep 3 with 1582 viewsOsborneOneNil

Scott Fraser on 08:02 - Sep 3 by quad

I've only seen him play against Wimbledon but I thought he looked very good first half. Somebody else in the crowd said that he was everywhere and I agreed. He'doesn't look fantastic but he certainly covered a lot of ground and was always involved with the play. I think he will do really well and create and score a lot.

Biggest criticism of him is that he appeared to be one of the main players who faded badly in the second half and I would question his fitness levels at the moment.

Yes, he was definitely ‘leggy’ in the second half at Cheltenham, but there’s a player in there, for sure. Shows some absolute class.

He’s replaced Alan Judge, try that for a yardstick.
Scott Fraser on 11:39 - Sep 3 with 1424 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Agree that he has drifted in and out of games a lot, but he has the highest expected assists of any player in the division, so it's a definitely a good start which I suspect will only improve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024