Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester financials 10:13 - May 15 with 5643 viewshype313

Latest pre-tax losses of £92.5 million earlier this year, the club’s players will have their salaries slashed by up to 50 per cent in the event of relegation.

Could be catastrophic if they get Relegated

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leicester financials on 10:15 - May 15 with 4331 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would make Hirst’s wages more realistic for us.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leicester financials on 10:16 - May 15 with 4341 viewsPhilTWTD

Could be something of a fire sale, which might well benefit us.
Leicester financials on 10:27 - May 15 with 4248 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Leicester financials on 10:16 - May 15 by PhilTWTD

Could be something of a fire sale, which might well benefit us.

I’m not so sure. The players they will be shipping will be ones that bring in £10’s of millions (Maddison, Barnes etc), plus those on big wages (Vardy). Compared to those a couple of million for Hirst and his low wages off the books will be insignificant

They’ll also need a squad for next season and if big name attackers have gone they’ll only need to replace them anyway, which will cost money - or they could just utilise the option they have on their books already

Time will tell and obviously they might want someone better and decide to cash in but personally would rather they stay up as feels a slam dunk he’ll be here then, rather than them going down complicating things

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Leicester financials on 10:36 - May 15 with 4168 viewsPhilTWTD

Leicester financials on 10:27 - May 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m not so sure. The players they will be shipping will be ones that bring in £10’s of millions (Maddison, Barnes etc), plus those on big wages (Vardy). Compared to those a couple of million for Hirst and his low wages off the books will be insignificant

They’ll also need a squad for next season and if big name attackers have gone they’ll only need to replace them anyway, which will cost money - or they could just utilise the option they have on their books already

Time will tell and obviously they might want someone better and decide to cash in but personally would rather they stay up as feels a slam dunk he’ll be here then, rather than them going down complicating things

You can look at it both ways in terms of what's better for us, I think. If they go down, I very much doubt they'd see GH as a starter and so think they'd be willing to let him go from a position of weakness compared with if they stayed up.
Leicester financials on 10:38 - May 15 with 4116 viewsKieran_Knows

Leicester financials on 10:36 - May 15 by PhilTWTD

You can look at it both ways in terms of what's better for us, I think. If they go down, I very much doubt they'd see GH as a starter and so think they'd be willing to let him go from a position of weakness compared with if they stayed up.

Hirst to us is going to rumble on all summer long again, isn't it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Leicester financials on 10:39 - May 15 with 4110 viewsMattinLondon

Close to £100 million in losses obviously is a lot - but if they sell Maddison, Tielemans and Söyüncü then their loses will be almost wiped out.

Not sure whether this will mean that they will have a mass exodus. But their wage deduction will probably make a lot of players eager to leave.
Leicester financials on 10:40 - May 15 with 4091 viewsKieran_Knows

Leicester financials on 10:39 - May 15 by MattinLondon

Close to £100 million in losses obviously is a lot - but if they sell Maddison, Tielemans and Söyüncü then their loses will be almost wiped out.

Not sure whether this will mean that they will have a mass exodus. But their wage deduction will probably make a lot of players eager to leave.

Söyüncü is leaving on a free.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Leicester financials on 10:43 - May 15 with 4059 viewsMattinLondon

Leicester financials on 10:40 - May 15 by Kieran_Knows

Söyüncü is leaving on a free.

Oh….Harvey Barnes then.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester financials on 10:47 - May 15 with 4029 viewsclive_baker

Leicester financials on 10:27 - May 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A couple of million and half a million off the wage bill per year is a decent chunk of change, regardless of which division they're in. If they don't fancy him they don't fancy him, I reckon he'll be moved on, its just going to be a case of how much we have to part for him.

Personally I think he'll be here next season regardless of what happens to Leicester, there's an argument that they're going to be under more pressure to sell if they're relegated and if we're at the front of the taxi rank waving a cheque at them for Hirst before they've established the likelihood of moving on the higher earners we might be getting in at a good time. It's 1 in the hand for them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Leicester financials on 10:55 - May 15 with 3980 viewsGuthrum

Leicester financials on 10:36 - May 15 by PhilTWTD

Also depends upon who they have as manager and what his philosophy for getting out of the division might be.

If he wants youth on a budget, Hirst might be in the picture. If he wants proven experience (bearing in mind with parachute payments thay will have some money available), then probably not.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leicester financials on 10:55 - May 15 with 4003 viewsPhilTWTD

Leicester financials on 10:38 - May 15 by Kieran_Knows

Hirst to us is going to rumble on all summer long again, isn't it?

Probably. From what I gathered last summer things weren't particularly together behind the scenes. If I remember rightly, the football management side of the club were happy to do a deal for him to move here permanently but those upstairs wouldn't do the deal and offered him the new contract, then sent him to Blackburn on loan.
Leicester financials on 10:55 - May 15 with 3979 viewssuffolkpoker

The premier league sounds fun...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Leicester financials on 10:58 - May 15 with 3942 viewshype313

Leicester financials on 10:55 - May 15 by suffolkpoker

Yep, crippling yourself to tread water at best sounds like utopia....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leicester financials on 11:04 - May 15 with 3861 viewshomer_123

Leicester financials on 10:58 - May 15 by hype313

Yep, crippling yourself to tread water at best sounds like utopia....

They did win the Prem League though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leicester financials on 11:06 - May 15 with 3848 viewsElephantintheRoom

This is the promised land that it’s worth ‘investing’ millions to be part of

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Leicester financials on 11:26 - May 15 with 3696 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Leicester financials on 11:06 - May 15 by ElephantintheRoom

It’s insane isn’t it, most PL clubs lose 10’s millions a year but are snapped up for 100’s of millions or billions (see Man Utd). It seems a guaranteed way to lose money but I guess it’s just a plaything/sport washing excercise for despots.

As an investor the PL reminds me of Tesla, massive share price growth (until the recent correction) despite years and years of loss making. You’d never buy in on the financials but people just love the hype.
Leicester financials on 11:27 - May 15 with 3682 viewshoppy

Leicester financials on 10:55 - May 15 by Guthrum

Also depends upon who they have as manager and what his philosophy for getting out of the division might be.

If he wants youth on a budget, Hirst might be in the picture. If he wants proven experience (bearing in mind with parachute payments thay will have some money available), then probably not.

They'll want to get back up at first time of asking., won't they, I would've thought. So possibly more likely to spend on established prem/championship strikers than rely on what they've got that haven't really proven themselves above League 1 on loan.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leicester financials on 11:40 - May 15 with 3597 viewsIllinoisblue

Leicester financials on 11:06 - May 15 by ElephantintheRoom

Nobody’s making money in the Championship, either. It’s an expensive race to get somewhere to lose more money.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester financials on 11:43 - May 15 with 3561 viewsJDB23

Leicester financials on 10:47 - May 15 by clive_baker

A couple of million and half a million off the wage bill per year is a decent chunk of change, regardless of which division they're in. If they don't fancy him they don't fancy him, I reckon he'll be moved on, its just going to be a case of how much we have to part for him.

Personally I think he'll be here next season regardless of what happens to Leicester, there's an argument that they're going to be under more pressure to sell if they're relegated and if we're at the front of the taxi rank waving a cheque at them for Hirst before they've established the likelihood of moving on the higher earners we might be getting in at a good time. It's 1 in the hand for them.

I think there's a good chance of us getting him if we want him. Not many Championship clubs are flush with cash to the point of spending a few million on a player who hasn't performed at Champ level before.
Leicester financials on 12:06 - May 15 with 3410 viewsclive_baker

Leicester financials on 11:26 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

It’s insane isn’t it, most PL clubs lose 10’s millions a year but are snapped up for 100’s of millions or billions (see Man Utd). It seems a guaranteed way to lose money but I guess it’s just a plaything/sport washing excercise for despots.

As an investor the PL reminds me of Tesla, massive share price growth (until the recent correction) despite years and years of loss making. You’d never buy in on the financials but people just love the hype.

I think in the world of equities the ease of access for non institutional investors, spread betting, Chinese kids in their bedrooms etc has definitely contributed to the 'sexier' customer facing brands with brand equity seeing ridiculous share price growth that is far from justifiable based on the underlying fundamentals. Look at Peloton through Covid, absolutely ludicrous valuations that they'll never see the likes of again. Deliveroo is another, they can deliver most things other than a profit.

You're right, football clubs are a play thing and status thing for a lot of people with too much money. Contrary to popular opinion I do think at a lower level they can actually be a relatively low risk investment though, at the right price. It's not impossible to run a football club sustainably, and unlike a lot of industries and companies, your exposure to competition is minimal. You're exposed to market conditions like anyone is, but fans don't pick and choose their football team. It's very rare to have a large customer base with that level of 'brand loyalty' that they're pretty much immune from external competition. That's the dream in business.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Apparently only four team in Premier league make a profit, 2 break even on 12:15 - May 15 with 3371 viewsunstableblue

This is quote:

In the last two years, in the Premier League, only four teams were able to make a profit (Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Norwich), with a further two breaking even (Aston Villa and Burnley), which means 80% of teams in the league made a loss.

I'm sure Spurs and Arsenal would become quite profitable once stadia is written down... closer for emirates

Spurs have the highest matchday revenue in Europe I believe

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Leicester financials on 12:22 - May 15 with 3273 viewsChrisd

This is what makes the EPL ludicrous, clubs like ourselves and many others striving to get back to the promised land for what exactly?! To put ourselves in financial ruin? The money has absolutely crippled the game particularly player's wages.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Leicester financials on 12:36 - May 15 with 3170 viewsPlums

Leicester financials on 11:40 - May 15 by Illinoisblue

Nobody’s making money in the Championship, either. It’s an expensive race to get somewhere to lose more money.

Shhh, the pensioners might be reading this...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leicester financials on 12:41 - May 15 with 3118 viewsZx1988

I've not done much digging, but I've heard from a couple of places that one of the influencing factors has been the death of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, and that Aiyawatt hasn't necessarily been able to pick up where his father left off in terms of running the club.

Up until the helicopter crash, I was under the opinion that Leicester were held as one of the examples of sustainable club ownership?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Leicester financials on 12:43 - May 15 with 3093 viewsMattinLondon

Leicester financials on 12:22 - May 15 by Chrisd

This is what makes the EPL ludicrous, clubs like ourselves and many others striving to get back to the promised land for what exactly?! To put ourselves in financial ruin? The money has absolutely crippled the game particularly player's wages.

For what? Players want to play at a higher level, the PL also offers a lot more exposure in terms of sponsorship etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024