Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd 15:47 - Jan 13 with 6267 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now. Time to go on a run and get it back.

Coyb!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 15:52 - Jan 13 with 3907 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Really? I hadn't noticed!!
Win tonight and next Monday and the title is back on.....easy!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 15:54 - Jan 13 with 3868 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We haven’t been good enough since Boro away, I thought it would take a run if really bad form to really unravel us, and we’ve been poor apart from a the comeback against Leicester. Watching us against QPR and Stoke was painful.

I hope we turn it around tonight but given that we don’t have a replacement Hirst in and are missing Morsy I expect we’ll either draw or lose 0-1 tonight.
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 15:56 - Jan 13 with 3833 viewspointofblue

I think us fans are key here.

Emotionally, this feels demoralising and deflating. All that hard work over the first half of the season undone in a poor run of form over Christmas. The sensation that Southampton will move away from us, and Leeds with catch and overtake too. And I think this feeling may have explained the flatness from the crowd during the QPR game. That the big dream is slowly slipping away. Plus maybe a slight annoyance that we're involved in a record high points total again - last season, after 26 games, third place had 42 points. We would have been 13 points clear.

However - rationally, this a brilliant season. This is still a fantastic season. The most optimistic were hoping for consolidation and maybe a push for sixth and look where we are. We lose today, we're still level on points with second place Southampton with same number of games played. Any of us would have taken that in August, whilst not believing we would be anywhere near.

If the support can hold on to rationality over emotions, we can be the 12th man for the team, no matter how difficult games may get. Stay on the emotional track, and the pressure on the squad will build and build, which will not be helpful.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 3804 viewsITFCSG

I have been slated often for stating the obvious that our recent draws against the scum, QPR and Stoke has thrown a large spanner in the works for autos. Summer was where we failed to build, it was obvious momentum or not we could not play a largely unchanged League One squad in the Championship and hope for autos. Now that has come back to bite us with injuries and suspensions mounting. Still half a month to go, new signings especially a striker or two is CRUCIAL.
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:02 - Jan 13 with 3764 viewsPowrigan

That thread title made me feel sick 🤢
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:04 - Jan 13 with 3741 viewspointofblue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:00 - Jan 13 by ITFCSG

I have been slated often for stating the obvious that our recent draws against the scum, QPR and Stoke has thrown a large spanner in the works for autos. Summer was where we failed to build, it was obvious momentum or not we could not play a largely unchanged League One squad in the Championship and hope for autos. Now that has come back to bite us with injuries and suspensions mounting. Still half a month to go, new signings especially a striker or two is CRUCIAL.

"Summer was where we failed to build"

Our transfer business was never targeting the top two, as it seemed to almost everyone to be unrealistic. The business was to consolidate our position in the Championship and maybe compete for a play off place. We've more than done that so far.

I have to admit, I am slightly annoyed at our chase for a striker over the summer. I feel we failed to bring in the player we needed. But other than that, it was fine. More than fine.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:07 - Jan 13 with 3698 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:04 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

"Summer was where we failed to build"

Our transfer business was never targeting the top two, as it seemed to almost everyone to be unrealistic. The business was to consolidate our position in the Championship and maybe compete for a play off place. We've more than done that so far.

I have to admit, I am slightly annoyed at our chase for a striker over the summer. I feel we failed to bring in the player we needed. But other than that, it was fine. More than fine.

What do you think the plan was ?
Compete then sell 2 of the highest value players to then maybe buy 3 or 4 players?

I feel we are kinda stuck in a crossroads.

We're chasing top 2. Yet can't spend any money due to ffo. Yet we can't sell to make more money as we wouldn't be able to buy many players this window to make up what we lost..

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:10 - Jan 13 with 3639 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 15:52 - Jan 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Really? I hadn't noticed!!
Win tonight and next Monday and the title is back on.....easy!!

Woooooooooooow

You post about ITFC Are you OK?
Login to get fewer ads

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 3626 viewspointofblue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:07 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

What do you think the plan was ?
Compete then sell 2 of the highest value players to then maybe buy 3 or 4 players?

I feel we are kinda stuck in a crossroads.

We're chasing top 2. Yet can't spend any money due to ffo. Yet we can't sell to make more money as we wouldn't be able to buy many players this window to make up what we lost..

I believe that was the plan for summer 2024. For 2023/24, I think it was a case of ensuring, at the very least, being competitive and consolidating a place in the Championship whilst showcasing the likes of Davis, Broadhead, perhaps Woolfenden. If we could compete for a play off place all the better but it wasn't the be all and end all.

Now Ashton and co have to decide whether to stick to the plan or tear it up and push fully for promotion now. With the squad depth and quality the likes of Leicester, Southampton and Leeds have my personal opinion is sticking to the plan is the best bet.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 3581 viewsRobTheMonk

Quality of squad depth along with losing our top striker and assist king hasn't helped.

I also think that we're now at the stage where teams have figured us out a little bit more.

Top 6 will be a massive achievement regardless of top 2 or 6. This window is crucial though. Need a decent striker who stays fit.
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:18 - Jan 13 with 3569 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:12 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

I believe that was the plan for summer 2024. For 2023/24, I think it was a case of ensuring, at the very least, being competitive and consolidating a place in the Championship whilst showcasing the likes of Davis, Broadhead, perhaps Woolfenden. If we could compete for a play off place all the better but it wasn't the be all and end all.

Now Ashton and co have to decide whether to stick to the plan or tear it up and push fully for promotion now. With the squad depth and quality the likes of Leicester, Southampton and Leeds have my personal opinion is sticking to the plan is the best bet.

It's now a big risk

A season of competing then going again next season a large core of the returning fans would be right up for it and continue to be behind it.

However ending this season on a downer imo could undo all that work over the last year.

Football is fickle. Yes I'm fickle. But so are hundreds and thousands more of what I'd call football fans rather than town fans who go to our games. There are those who will follow up or down. But there are those who have enjoyed the ride. Hence the change in atmosphere recently when things look like falling down.

It's a shame we re even talking about it after our start.
I felt 10 points might be caught over a few months. But within a few weeks is painful.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 3524 viewspointofblue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:18 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

It's now a big risk

A season of competing then going again next season a large core of the returning fans would be right up for it and continue to be behind it.

However ending this season on a downer imo could undo all that work over the last year.

Football is fickle. Yes I'm fickle. But so are hundreds and thousands more of what I'd call football fans rather than town fans who go to our games. There are those who will follow up or down. But there are those who have enjoyed the ride. Hence the change in atmosphere recently when things look like falling down.

It's a shame we re even talking about it after our start.
I felt 10 points might be caught over a few months. But within a few weeks is painful.

And that's what I mean about emotional v rational. Emotionally, this season feels like it's turning sour, and is becoming painful. The loss of Davis and Hirst has hurt us badly. Rationally... it's a brilliant season, no matter what happens tonight.

As a collective, are we going to be emotional or rational tonight? I hope for the latter. I do fear the former, as it's human nature.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:26 - Jan 13 with 3476 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:21 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

And that's what I mean about emotional v rational. Emotionally, this season feels like it's turning sour, and is becoming painful. The loss of Davis and Hirst has hurt us badly. Rationally... it's a brilliant season, no matter what happens tonight.

As a collective, are we going to be emotional or rational tonight? I hope for the latter. I do fear the former, as it's human nature.

That's the thing. The support will be there. But the bounce needs to be there for that extra group to be involved. It's never really been any different through the years it only feels like it maybe has because we won something like 14 of our last 16 home games or what ever it was.. no matter when you want to PR you weren't only entertained you went home enjoying a win. Its that group that added to the noise.

I get KMs warcry. But it only works both ways. The supporters turning up with collectively get behind the lads when they are collectively entertained and feel a win is coming.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:35 - Jan 13 with 3395 viewsITFCSG

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:26 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

That's the thing. The support will be there. But the bounce needs to be there for that extra group to be involved. It's never really been any different through the years it only feels like it maybe has because we won something like 14 of our last 16 home games or what ever it was.. no matter when you want to PR you weren't only entertained you went home enjoying a win. Its that group that added to the noise.

I get KMs warcry. But it only works both ways. The supporters turning up with collectively get behind the lads when they are collectively entertained and feel a win is coming.

Exactly. While automatic promotion was never really expected at the start of the season, this dip of form against bottom clubs makes the disappointment of having it all slip worse.

And playoffs. Realistically speaking as much as a lottery might be can you realistically beating one of Leeds or Southampton, WBA over two legs or the final?

Support, yes we all support. But watching the body language of players like Ladapo in recent games and headless running + poor finishing of players like Jackson with little or no end product reminiscent of the dark days under Cook and Lambert it is understandable why supporters aren't whipped into the collective frenzy McK is expecting.
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:41 - Jan 13 with 3340 viewsWhos_blue

So as it stands we're having an amazing season beyond most of our expectations.
We've punched above our weight all season and the team have given us something to cheer about.
At the first sniff of a blip (no wins in five in the league but only one loss) the season is seemingly crumbling before our eyes.
If we drop out of the top two (as we currently have today) and end up in the playoffs behind Leicester, Saints and Leeds, how is that a failure based on our cautious pre season expectations?
We can see that Freddie is short of confidence and Jackson isn't a prolific scorer, but they'll be pulling on the blue and white today. Moaning and jeering at them (if some do) is ridiculously counter productive. They've given us something to believe in, the least we can do is back them for 90+ mins.
Uppa Towen.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:45 - Jan 13 with 3297 viewswaveneyblue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:00 - Jan 13 by ITFCSG

I want I want I want and I'm going to stamp my feet till I get it.

Not sure if you're aware, we aren't Man City, we have FFP to deal with and it's pretty tricky to get good strikers in during January.

Nothing says entitled modern fan more than your post
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:49 - Jan 13 with 3246 viewsgainsboroughblue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:45 - Jan 13 by waveneyblue

I want I want I want and I'm going to stamp my feet till I get it.

Not sure if you're aware, we aren't Man City, we have FFP to deal with and it's pretty tricky to get good strikers in during January.

Nothing says entitled modern fan more than your post

It's posts like that that almost make me wish we had just quietly settled into mid-table this year. We've had an absolutely unreal season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:52 - Jan 13 with 3190 viewsNeedhamChris

I struggle to see what you've said here that's worthy of a downvote.

Agree, but let's not pretend we expected that gap. It just feels worse because we had it.

Nervous about tonight, but come on town!

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:54 - Jan 13 with 3152 viewspointofblue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:26 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

If the extra group need some help to create a bounce after the season we've had so far they may as well not be there.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 3109 viewsKievthegreat

I feel we don't get to really say we've let a 10 point gap slip unless we lose tonight.

That said we desperately need to find a way to work without Hirst and on the basis of the last 2 games, we don't know that yet. Fingers crossed McKenna has a tactical plan or Ashton has a great signing (or both) up their sleeves.
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 17:03 - Jan 13 with 3021 viewsMullet

With a game in hand if we are following your logic and anything but a defeat means we are still ahead of Soton et al.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 17:03 - Jan 13 with 3022 viewsJ2BLUE

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:57 - Jan 13 by Kievthegreat

I feel we don't get to really say we've let a 10 point gap slip unless we lose tonight.

That said we desperately need to find a way to work without Hirst and on the basis of the last 2 games, we don't know that yet. Fingers crossed McKenna has a tactical plan or Ashton has a great signing (or both) up their sleeves.

Yea but we might not lose and then Frimmers can't be negative.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 2914 viewsFBI

If you'd offered me a playoff place before a ball was kicked, I'd bite off your hand. Yes, there's a dip, but it's not like we've lost four in a row. Plenty of games left yet and the only people bleating and saying silly stuff are the bell ends who probably shout 'SHOOOOOTTTT!' when we get the ball 30 yards out cos they've seen it on Sky.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 17:48 - Jan 13 with 2831 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 17:03 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Yea but we might not lose and then Frimmers can't be negative.

I'll do as I always do. If we win I will discuss the pros and negatives of the performance.

If we lost I shall also share thoughts on both.

I look forward to seeing your balanced views.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 2687 viewsMJallday

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 17:48 - Jan 13 by FrimleyBlue

I'll do as I always do. If we win I will discuss the pros and negatives of the performance.

If we lost I shall also share thoughts on both.

I look forward to seeing your balanced views.

Oh I can’t wait to hear your thoughts

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024