Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the exact frustration with this season? 17:58 - Nov 1 with 8018 viewsDarth_Koont

I understand 16 years' of frustration but struggling to understand the current rage from some people.

Certainly compared to recent years, we're a younger squad, scoring more goals, and showing we want to play some decent football. Results and performances haven't been consistently good but we're not far off the p[lay-offs and at times have played some very good stuff. Again, that's better than at any time in the past 3 years.

So what's the specific problem now? Again, I understand the long-term frustration that the players, Mick and even Evans to a large extent can't be held responsible for.

Pronouns: He/Him

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:06 - Nov 1 with 7322 viewsJ2BLUE

Combination of false hope after the first few games, a group of posters who are desperate to be negative but had to wait for their opportunity so are now loving it, people finally losing patience and the odd new fashion of looking for anything, however small, which can be twisted and bent into criticism of MM which no amount of reasoning can argue against because people are all too willing to accept it.

MM has done a decent job on a tiny budget and had star players sold without adequate reinvestment. His time looks to be up at the end of the season but as you say the current hostility is just stupid. People venting and getting pats on the back from other people who are desperate to hate MM for some odd reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:10 - Nov 1 with 7315 viewsmonty_radio

Specifically, I think it might be about frustrated expectation. We bought reasonably well, for us; we started very well. Then, the big let-down seen in a substantial losing streak and a return to caution, and such as 84 mins without a shot. The expectation was probably unrealistic, but the return to that dull feeling that, "it is what it is" makes the disappointment that bit more acute. Yes, the table ought to buoy us up, but the direction seems like an old unwelcome friend.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:14 - Nov 1 with 7302 viewsMullet

Mick was going to go - they were wrong
We were going to get relegated - they look wrong
Mick is a tactical dinosaur - everyone looks wrong
Marcus Evans would react to those walking way - he did that wrong
It's not about injuries - the physio got a few of those wrong

Basically it's a mixture of how wrong it all seems rather than is.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:17 - Nov 1 with 7288 viewsduke_maiden

I can't understand it to be honest.

Youth being given a chance (maybe due to injuries, but still good).
Scoring goals and probably, based on our squad and what was a massive injury list, in about the position I expected us to be at this point in the season.

Either people's expectations are too high, or the last few seasons really have taken their. Only super silky football whilst storming the league will be likely to turn some people around.

Let's just support Mick and the team and see where we are come the end of the season.
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:37 - Nov 1 with 7209 viewsHerbivore

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:10 - Nov 1 by monty_radio

Specifically, I think it might be about frustrated expectation. We bought reasonably well, for us; we started very well. Then, the big let-down seen in a substantial losing streak and a return to caution, and such as 84 mins without a shot. The expectation was probably unrealistic, but the return to that dull feeling that, "it is what it is" makes the disappointment that bit more acute. Yes, the table ought to buoy us up, but the direction seems like an old unwelcome friend.

When did we go 84 minutes without a shot?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

oh Darth... on 19:23 - Nov 1 with 7144 viewsunstableblue

Why I respect your opinion on many matters, your post does emanate from a very rose tinted view of life under Mick.

I’m certainly no rabid Mick hater or outer, and I think he did bring stability when needed and our play-off season had merits especially given the team he had (I wrongly claimed that the play-off season was all down to Murphy individual form, when of course it was more than that).

To say what’s the ‘exact frustration’ is frankly ludicrous, and deserves to be called out.

The EXACT reason is simple - the quality of football on display, the system and selection of players, our lack of basic capabilities such as pass, move and running at the opposition. Demonstrated by low chances, low ball retention and generally turgid fare.

Now I was at the Milllwall game and it was glorious, and there have been other games of merit. But the emerging facets of our play were seemingly lost, such as full backs getting forward, the likes of sears and Ward running at defenders and freeing space for garner and Waghorn.

Second half against Norwich, first half against frickin hopeless burton, sheff U away - some of the football has been truly appallling.

I of course welcome the introduction of Nydam and Downes and Palace away game was positive.

But in what system and formation are they being deployed. Are we getting the best out of our team and players. Shoehorning in 4 strikers with no width and no pace.

You are a rabid mick inner and I respect that, but to have to ask why people are frustrated is ludicrous!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

oh Darth... on 19:43 - Nov 1 with 7077 viewsMullet

oh Darth... on 19:23 - Nov 1 by unstableblue

Why I respect your opinion on many matters, your post does emanate from a very rose tinted view of life under Mick.

I’m certainly no rabid Mick hater or outer, and I think he did bring stability when needed and our play-off season had merits especially given the team he had (I wrongly claimed that the play-off season was all down to Murphy individual form, when of course it was more than that).

To say what’s the ‘exact frustration’ is frankly ludicrous, and deserves to be called out.

The EXACT reason is simple - the quality of football on display, the system and selection of players, our lack of basic capabilities such as pass, move and running at the opposition. Demonstrated by low chances, low ball retention and generally turgid fare.

Now I was at the Milllwall game and it was glorious, and there have been other games of merit. But the emerging facets of our play were seemingly lost, such as full backs getting forward, the likes of sears and Ward running at defenders and freeing space for garner and Waghorn.

Second half against Norwich, first half against frickin hopeless burton, sheff U away - some of the football has been truly appallling.

I of course welcome the introduction of Nydam and Downes and Palace away game was positive.

But in what system and formation are they being deployed. Are we getting the best out of our team and players. Shoehorning in 4 strikers with no width and no pace.

You are a rabid mick inner and I respect that, but to have to ask why people are frustrated is ludicrous!

"I'm no rabid Mick outer" has to be the best line you've ever spun. Well played.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:13 - Nov 1 with 7018 viewsITFC_Forever

Poor goal after poor goal conceded.

Little in the way of exciting, attacking play going forward, leaving the strikers to feed on scraps. We were better at this at the start of the season, but have reverted back to the bad old stuff again. We have to work damn hard to create a chance / score, but we allow other teams to do it at will.

Percentage balls lumped forward for Murphy to chase, even though he left 15 months ago.

Pedestrian and powder-puff centre midfield.

3 RBs signed, neither of whom are any good or better than the one we loaned out.

Letting a strong and experienced CB go and not replacing him.

Constantly changing formation and personnel match by match and then having to do it again in the first half.

Defending 0-1 deficits.

Square pegs in round holes.

Ruining Sears.

Playing the best players but not in a system that suits them.

When we were at our best under Mick (first two-thirds of the P.O. season), we had a settled side, good tempo, set formation and a defined game-plan that suited the players we had. We have none of that now.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 20:34]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:15 - Nov 1 with 7003 viewsdavblue

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 18:06 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Combination of false hope after the first few games, a group of posters who are desperate to be negative but had to wait for their opportunity so are now loving it, people finally losing patience and the odd new fashion of looking for anything, however small, which can be twisted and bent into criticism of MM which no amount of reasoning can argue against because people are all too willing to accept it.

MM has done a decent job on a tiny budget and had star players sold without adequate reinvestment. His time looks to be up at the end of the season but as you say the current hostility is just stupid. People venting and getting pats on the back from other people who are desperate to hate MM for some odd reason.

I think he’s done a good job overall, but I’m getting frustrated with the same old playing style limitations.

That won’t ever change though, we have to work so hard to create a chance and we have little imagination in the final third. Has it been coached out of them maybe are we good enough maybe not but our movement going forwards has been poor under Mick apart from the 5 months in the 14/15 season.
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:22 - Nov 1 with 6982 viewsblue_oyster

I think it's probably the slow realisation that the season is already over in October, and nobody cares.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:23 - Nov 1 with 6977 viewsTrequartista

Rubbish football and we've no chance of going up. It's that simple.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:36 - Nov 1 with 6913 viewsChocorange

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:15 - Nov 1 by davblue

I think he’s done a good job overall, but I’m getting frustrated with the same old playing style limitations.

That won’t ever change though, we have to work so hard to create a chance and we have little imagination in the final third. Has it been coached out of them maybe are we good enough maybe not but our movement going forwards has been poor under Mick apart from the 5 months in the 14/15 season.

Frustrations with Mick

Stubborn team selection... Some players have failed failed and failed again , yet still get picked ahead of talented or young players. Step forward Sears and others.
No attempt at a cup run since he's been here, treated with contempt. Even Man united away where I am sure most of the team would have loved to play , eleven changes.
Alienates fans with barbed comments
His style of football , lack of entertainment , lack of chances, lack of excitement... Then compounds it by not playing Celina who is our best chance at providing some of the above.
First half tactics... Dross and hardly ever leading at half time
Every opposition described as world beaters.
Sets up to stop the opposition every game instead of taking it to them and playing to our strengths.
Still lumping it to a big centre forward when we don't have one.

Pluses this season for Mick
Has tried to play more attractive football
Has played some youngsters.
Brought in some good players on the budget he was given. Certainly did as well as he could.
Second half tactics... Often seems to work out what to do and changes things at half time resulting in comeback wins or draws.
Has tried many different formations, instead of his favourite same old same old.

What would I like to see?

Celina played with Mcgoldrick, they combined well at Luton and seemed to know each other's games
Waghorn tried up front, appears a natural goal scorer ... We seem to play Garner very game to upset the other team... Is it working?
A new left back. Prefer Knudsen at left centre half , great n the air and at laying ball off short.
Kenlock is not the answer tho.
Moore recalled and given a chance instead of 5 mins per game at the end or played up front with a moody disinterested pitman and a bunch of reserves who couldn't beAt Lincoln in the cup.
All of the negatives above righted. Let's give the Fa cup a bash this season... Resting players does not work, we just exit tamely!
McCarthy praising the fans... Not dividing us.
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:42 - Nov 1 with 6895 viewsFtnfwest

Everything from last season plus we are clearly now limping along to micks career progression timetable. One or two of the younger players have had a chance although as usual god forbid they have a bad game. Incidentally by ‘youth’ it’s always been meant as our youth players, not playing other clubs young players for their benefit. Everyone knows the seasons over, it’s merely the gripping question of whether we’ll collect enough points against the poorer teams to avoid a relegation battle. We’ve already had our cup run and I dread drawing....actually anyone in the cup third round.
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:43 - Nov 1 with 6884 viewsTerry_Nutkins

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:22 - Nov 1 by blue_oyster

I think it's probably the slow realisation that the season is already over in October, and nobody cares.

What a very odd thing to say given our position.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 21:49 - Nov 1 with 6771 viewsHerbivore

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:42 - Nov 1 by Ftnfwest

Everything from last season plus we are clearly now limping along to micks career progression timetable. One or two of the younger players have had a chance although as usual god forbid they have a bad game. Incidentally by ‘youth’ it’s always been meant as our youth players, not playing other clubs young players for their benefit. Everyone knows the seasons over, it’s merely the gripping question of whether we’ll collect enough points against the poorer teams to avoid a relegation battle. We’ve already had our cup run and I dread drawing....actually anyone in the cup third round.

Everyone knows the season's over? It's early November and we're a few points off the play offs, you melt.

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 21:59 - Nov 1 with 6737 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:22 - Nov 1 by blue_oyster

Oh give over ffs

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 22:07 - Nov 1 with 6721 viewsCurrie10

* Mick's repeated changing of system.
* Failing to beat any side above us.
* White flag at Cardiff.
* The way Mick winds up many in press conferences.
* The Celina situation.
* Mick's failure to go chasing games when behind.

I'm very much Mick IN however these points I can get why people are very much turning against him and very much need addressing.
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 22:26 - Nov 1 with 6671 viewsStNeotsBlue

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 20:13 - Nov 1 by ITFC_Forever

Poor goal after poor goal conceded.

Little in the way of exciting, attacking play going forward, leaving the strikers to feed on scraps. We were better at this at the start of the season, but have reverted back to the bad old stuff again. We have to work damn hard to create a chance / score, but we allow other teams to do it at will.

Percentage balls lumped forward for Murphy to chase, even though he left 15 months ago.

Pedestrian and powder-puff centre midfield.

3 RBs signed, neither of whom are any good or better than the one we loaned out.

Letting a strong and experienced CB go and not replacing him.

Constantly changing formation and personnel match by match and then having to do it again in the first half.

Defending 0-1 deficits.

Square pegs in round holes.

Ruining Sears.

Playing the best players but not in a system that suits them.

When we were at our best under Mick (first two-thirds of the P.O. season), we had a settled side, good tempo, set formation and a defined game-plan that suited the players we had. We have none of that now.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 20:34]

I don't consider myself MMC in or out, I just want us to win every week and this sums up a lot of how I feel.

The talent that is coming through from the youth set up is a massive plus though and long may it continue.
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 23:04 - Nov 1 with 6612 viewstextbackup

First and main reason, under MM it will never change. Mate said this half way through last season, 'what's the point in him being here as this is about as dull and boring as it'll ever be'

His inability to pick a balanced team

Inability to cut out sloppy defending

Under him there's never an overal plan or vision

Players look to be playing within themselves

When we are bad we are fcking terrible, never any middle ground

His complete arrogance

The way managing my club seems to be beneath him

If a team has a slight idea or a bit of quality about then, we lose

Positives - Nydam given loads of game time

Downes getting a bit of game time

We have beaten sht teams to give us early points on board so hopefully if safe by march he'll get a goodbye early so a new guy can get a few games under his belt with this team

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 23:06 - Nov 1 with 6602 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 23:04 - Nov 1 by textbackup

First and main reason, under MM it will never change. Mate said this half way through last season, 'what's the point in him being here as this is about as dull and boring as it'll ever be'

His inability to pick a balanced team

Inability to cut out sloppy defending

Under him there's never an overal plan or vision

Players look to be playing within themselves

When we are bad we are fcking terrible, never any middle ground

His complete arrogance

The way managing my club seems to be beneath him

If a team has a slight idea or a bit of quality about then, we lose

Positives - Nydam given loads of game time

Downes getting a bit of game time

We have beaten sht teams to give us early points on board so hopefully if safe by march he'll get a goodbye early so a new guy can get a few games under his belt with this team

Genuine question Texters.. do you think in a few years time you will look back on Mick's time here and remember some of the good times or will you always 'hate the c**t'?

I still absolutely detest Roy Keane.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 00:20 - Nov 2 with 6499 viewsN2_Blue

is this a serious question...jesus effing christ!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 00:24 - Nov 2 with 6496 viewsN2_Blue

oh and seeing as after last nights game you stated there were positives please care to share them? I could only listen and it sounded terrible but i read Harry's report today, someone who is very fair and balanced, and that was about as scathing a match report as I have seen him write.

i personally couldn't find any positives.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 01:37 - Nov 2 with 6440 viewsCurrie10

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 00:24 - Nov 2 by N2_Blue

oh and seeing as after last nights game you stated there were positives please care to share them? I could only listen and it sounded terrible but i read Harry's report today, someone who is very fair and balanced, and that was about as scathing a match report as I have seen him write.

i personally couldn't find any positives.

Celina doing 90....!? Love to clutch them straws...
What's the exact frustration with this season? on 08:37 - Nov 2 with 6327 viewsHerbivore

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 22:07 - Nov 1 by Currie10

* Mick's repeated changing of system.
* Failing to beat any side above us.
* White flag at Cardiff.
* The way Mick winds up many in press conferences.
* The Celina situation.
* Mick's failure to go chasing games when behind.

I'm very much Mick IN however these points I can get why people are very much turning against him and very much need addressing.

We won at Barnsley, Milwall and Burton after falling behind.

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 08:44 - Nov 2 with 6314 viewsRadlett_blue

What's the exact frustration with this season? on 23:06 - Nov 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Genuine question Texters.. do you think in a few years time you will look back on Mick's time here and remember some of the good times or will you always 'hate the c**t'?

I still absolutely detest Roy Keane.

I don't dislike Roy Keane, despite him being a hopeless Town manager. The real problem was that he squandered Evans's initial investment when a decent manager would have had us challenging strongly for promotion.
Mick keeps making himself more dislikeable with his regular barbed comments about the fans. This increases my confidence that he doesn't want to be here beyond the end of his current contract.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024