Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - APRIL 2023 09:55 - Feb 13 with 90222 viewschicoazul

What's your personal highlight of the Banter Era?
For me, the way Delaney told Jewell he was off to live in New York and needed to be let go, and then turned up at Palace a month or so later and enjoyed a promotion and a long career in the top flight.
I also like very much the fact Jewell signed Ingimarsson (sp) simply because they were at the same resort on holiday at the same time and Ingi did of course turn out to be an absolute knacker of a player.
Also the gangsters arriving at Playford Rd looking for Chopra.
What are yours?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 9:47]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 00:38 - Nov 29 with 4643 viewsTractorWood

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:10 - Nov 28 by monytowbray

Jewell missing his post-match presser to watch a DVD.

The half time dance troupe being booed and never coming back.

Kevin Bru losing his dog.

Jonathan Douglas and Jordan Spence being team regulars somehow.

Drawing 4-4 with Derby.

Half time entertainment edition:

The time a group of cheerleaders had to choreograph their dancing to a slow brass band. Surreal.

The time they did blindfolded penalties and the best penalty was someone making contact with the ball and not falling over.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 08:16 - Nov 29 with 4579 viewsRobTheMonk

Jordan Graham coming back for a second loan stint and still being rubbish.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 08:47 - Nov 29 with 4566 viewsGeoffSentence

This must have been mentioned by now, but cant trawl through elevn pages to check.

Selling Jordan Rhodes for 800k, watching as he became the free scoring strike we desperately needed and his next 3 clubs each getting a fee around £10M for him.

And to top it all he helped the budgies get promoted.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:39 - Nov 29 with 4539 viewsmarchy

This dickhead.

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:48 - Nov 29 with 4523 viewsmarchy

Jonathan Douglas kicking the ball into his own face.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:19 - Nov 29 with 4494 viewsLankHenners

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 00:38 - Nov 29 by TractorWood

Half time entertainment edition:

The time a group of cheerleaders had to choreograph their dancing to a slow brass band. Surreal.

The time they did blindfolded penalties and the best penalty was someone making contact with the ball and not falling over.

On a similar theme, when the halftime cheerleaders got booed off then one of them came on here afterwards and got in an argument about it.

The club trying to make 'My Way' a club anthem to sing before kick-off as it was Sir Bobby's favourite which failed due to the North Stand complaining it was too slow and wasn't 'Blue Army' chanted at 100mph.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:55 - Nov 29 with 4447 viewsmonytowbray

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:19 - Nov 29 by LankHenners

On a similar theme, when the halftime cheerleaders got booed off then one of them came on here afterwards and got in an argument about it.

The club trying to make 'My Way' a club anthem to sing before kick-off as it was Sir Bobby's favourite which failed due to the North Stand complaining it was too slow and wasn't 'Blue Army' chanted at 100mph.

I still think that was Libby and I’s finest moment when the Cheerleader’s leader came on telling us, who have both spent years in bands for love over money, that he’d like to see us give up our spare time to perform in front of a crowd. And then he actually admitted the reason they were crap was the grass surface, thus proving they shouldn’t be there.

Who decides these half time acts? I mean a group of teenagers thinking they’re a dancing gang from a USA teen film was never going to win over football fans.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:30 - Nov 29 with 4414 viewsCoastalblue

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:55 - Nov 29 by monytowbray

I still think that was Libby and I’s finest moment when the Cheerleader’s leader came on telling us, who have both spent years in bands for love over money, that he’d like to see us give up our spare time to perform in front of a crowd. And then he actually admitted the reason they were crap was the grass surface, thus proving they shouldn’t be there.

Who decides these half time acts? I mean a group of teenagers thinking they’re a dancing gang from a USA teen film was never going to win over football fans.

The group that Sarfend had for a time were very popular, hard to think why, no pun intended.

It's a shame Mark Fish is a couple of years too early for this, though I guess he no longer stands out as much seeing what has followed.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 22:32 - Dec 31 with 4158 viewsmonytowbray

One final bit of banter for the decade. Please be kinder to us 20s.

TWTD never forgets…

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 22:50 - Dec 31 with 4147 viewsolimar

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 08:20 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

The Jewell chapter of my book is currently called "Paul & the age of Byron Lawrence is like Jack Wilshere"

I think you could just shorten the title to "Paul" and cover all the Pauls in the same sorry chapter.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 08:43 - Jan 1 with 4040 viewsSteve_M

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 22:32 - Dec 31 by monytowbray

Ah, perspective.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 09:59 - Jan 1 with 4005 viewsSouperJim

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 22:32 - Dec 31 by monytowbray

The trouble is, they're probably correct. Edwards had a couple of acceptable seasons at right back, but otherwise nobody has impressed. In the space of 6 games KVY has looked like he's going to go on to be the best right back we've had this side of the millennium.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:19 - Jan 1 with 3951 viewsChris_ITFC

New decade. The banter era continues.

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:20 - Jan 1 with 3945 viewsTractorWood

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:19 - Jan 1 by Chris_ITFC

New decade. The banter era continues.

I love this thread and was immediately reminiscing about it when I heard this news.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:23 - Jan 1 with 3930 viewsJ2BLUE

Chico is to blame for this. I told him to call an end to the banter era before the season began but he didn't. He has condemned us all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:26 - Jan 1 with 3918 viewsfooters

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:23 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Chico is to blame for this. I told him to call an end to the banter era before the season began but he didn't. He has condemned us all.

Ah now, have faith, J2. I have a feeling this contract extension will only lead to great things in the very near future.

Or maybe I'm still pissed. Who knows.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 07:52 - Jan 2 with 3858 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:23 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

I have to say, when I heard this news I was sort of delighted as it means the Banter Era will go ever on and on. The only possibility i did think was that maybe Evans is about to sell and this is his reward for Lambert..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 09:01 - Jan 2 with 3804 viewscarlisleaway

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:26 - Jan 1 by footers

Ah now, have faith, J2. I have a feeling this contract extension will only lead to great things in the very near future.

Or maybe I'm still pissed. Who knows.

Must be the rendition of Edward Jeremiah Brown during yesterday’s game, how come everyone seems to know the words. About time Blue Action came up with a better selection of songs for the New Year.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 16:55 - Jan 4 with 3705 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Good' to see there's going to be no let up in banter as we head into a new decade.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 3679 viewschicoazul

First game after the Manager who took us down is announced as being rewarded with a new 5 year contract, we lose 2-1 away to Exeter (in a cup nobody cares about & we have never played in until this season) who are a League below us in the very last minute to a goal scored by early Banter Era stalwart Lee Martin.

As an added bonus for true Banter Era aficionados, I just sat through Final Score on the BBC to the very end AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN ANNOUNCE OUR RESULT.

EDIT TO ADD; as per our friend Funge below, this game was played on FA Cup 3rd Round Day. I imagine this is the first time we have not played in the FA Cup 3rd Round since.....forever?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 17:19]

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 3658 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:12 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

First game after the Manager who took us down is announced as being rewarded with a new 5 year contract, we lose 2-1 away to Exeter (in a cup nobody cares about & we have never played in until this season) who are a League below us in the very last minute to a goal scored by early Banter Era stalwart Lee Martin.

As an added bonus for true Banter Era aficionados, I just sat through Final Score on the BBC to the very end AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN ANNOUNCE OUR RESULT.

EDIT TO ADD; as per our friend Funge below, this game was played on FA Cup 3rd Round Day. I imagine this is the first time we have not played in the FA Cup 3rd Round since.....forever?

Not even on the Final Score ticker

Below tinpot

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 3657 viewsFunge

In addition, the game in question is played on FA Cup 3rd round day.

Chico is it going to be alright as I am emotional right now.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:16 - Jan 4 with 3649 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:14 - Jan 4 by Funge

In addition, the game in question is played on FA Cup 3rd round day.

Chico is it going to be alright as I am emotional right now.

My brother I wish I could tell you that it is but....

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 18:12 - Jan 4 with 3603 viewscarlisleaway

60 years......1960-61
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 15:07 - Aug 7 with 2823 viewsmonytowbray

Got to add...

Pissing away a fair gap at the top of the table in LEAGUE ONE to not even make the play offs.
Then trying to get the play off places extended to make up for our own failures.
Giving Lambert 5 year deal in the middle of said season's fall from grace.
Losing 4-1 at home to Peterborough.
Conceding 5 away to Lincoln.
Everything about Toto Nsiala.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 15:08]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024