Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fan base is schizophrenic 22:26 - Apr 10 with 4276 viewsitfcjoe

Win and everyone’s happy and it’s all ok

Lose and it’s all massively OTT doom and gloom

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:28 - Apr 10 with 3832 viewsBlue_Moses

You've just described every set of fans since football began
Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:29 - Apr 10 with 3826 viewsHerbivore

Twas ever thus. I still expect us to be fine next season but Christ we're bad at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:29 - Apr 10 with 3825 viewspointofblue

To be fair I don’t think we’ve looked very good at all since the international break - we seemed to be building momentum in terms of performance if not results before then but since...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:31 - Apr 10 with 3815 viewsStenvict

I don't get involved in all this blame of Marcus Evan's, it's pointless, but we win and he's not mentioned, we lose and it's all his fault.

I seem to remember him saying he wanted half the team to be from the youth academy within a few years. Everyone loved that thought. Well here we are...

Poll: What will be announced first?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:34 - Apr 10 with 3779 viewshomer_123

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:29 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Twas ever thus. I still expect us to be fine next season but Christ we're bad at this level.

When you say fine next season...do you mean 15th?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:39 - Apr 10 with 3732 viewsRomeo4

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:31 - Apr 10 by Stenvict

I don't get involved in all this blame of Marcus Evan's, it's pointless, but we win and he's not mentioned, we lose and it's all his fault.

I seem to remember him saying he wanted half the team to be from the youth academy within a few years. Everyone loved that thought. Well here we are...

With the lack of ambition over a number of years and a lack of investment in the squad we are left playing the younguns plus a few older players who are no longer championship standard. We have a couple of reasons to be hopeful in that we have Judge, Huws (if he ever gets fit) and a positive manager but can’t help thinking that we’re simply now finding our proper level.

My hope is that our level will be towards the top of L1 rather than struggling in L1. A lot will depend on whether Judge, Huws can make a genuine difference and whether our youngsters are actually any good. Time will tell I guess.
Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:40 - Apr 10 with 3712 viewsLord_Lucan

That's exactly what I said to myself.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:41 - Apr 10 with 3701 viewsHerbivore

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:34 - Apr 10 by homer_123

No, I expect us to challenge for promotion. There's a big gulf between the leagues.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:42 - Apr 10 with 3696 viewschristiand

Disappointment and frustration due to a very underwhelming season Joe.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:42 - Apr 10 with 3693 viewsreusersfreekicks

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:41 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

No, I expect us to challenge for promotion. There's a big gulf between the leagues.

This. If we can get a potent striker
Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:56 - Apr 10 with 3634 viewsFtnfwest

Hang on. I thought people were saying they can't understand why we're happy when we're losing?
Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:59 - Apr 10 with 3612 viewsquirkie

umm, isn't that a summary of any football fan?

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 23:00 - Apr 10 with 3596 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's embarrassing, but that's modern football fans I think, for all clubs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 23:01 - Apr 10 with 3592 viewsITFC_Forever

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:34 - Apr 10 by homer_123

Our natural place in life.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 23:13 - Apr 10 with 3542 viewsDarth_Koont

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:39 - Apr 10 by Romeo4

With the lack of ambition over a number of years and a lack of investment in the squad we are left playing the younguns plus a few older players who are no longer championship standard. We have a couple of reasons to be hopeful in that we have Judge, Huws (if he ever gets fit) and a positive manager but can’t help thinking that we’re simply now finding our proper level.

My hope is that our level will be towards the top of L1 rather than struggling in L1. A lot will depend on whether Judge, Huws can make a genuine difference and whether our youngsters are actually any good. Time will tell I guess.

Crucially, we were investing in the youth over the last few years by diverting funds to the academy and playing youngsters. And buying young players like Webster. Then supplementing it with undervalued more senior players like Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick.

Hurst came in and abandoned that straightaway by going for almost a full team of 25-year-olds that would have a bit of youth and a bit of experience. And ended up paying good money to create a weaker, less valuable team overnight.

If we'd stuck playing the young 'uns and the older players we could have used any transfer funds to recruit a few players of genuine quality instead and potentially kicked on from midtable.

Pronouns: He/Him

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:35 - Apr 11 with 3291 viewsSteve_M

It seems particularly so at the moment when the real problem last night was the same lack of quality that has left us exposed all season. It's not news that we get punished for our mistakes and don't take chances. Yesterday wasn't even out worst performance at Griffin Park in the last few years (the 2-0 defeat at the start of 16-17 was far worse).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:42 - Apr 11 with 3256 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:44 - Apr 11 with 3242 viewschicoazul

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:42 - Apr 10 by christiand

Disappointment and frustration due to a very underwhelming season Joe.

Seasons.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:50 - Apr 11 with 3220 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 22:29 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

I’m probably getting ahead of myself but although I’m confident about next season, if we come up I think we’ll struggle to stay up without decent investment from Evans.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:54 - Apr 11 with 3203 viewsReuser_is_God

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:50 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I’m probably getting ahead of myself but although I’m confident about next season, if we come up I think we’ll struggle to stay up without decent investment from Evans.

Yeah that's entirely possible.

Although us coming up with some momentum & doing reasonably well is equally as possible.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 09:02 - Apr 11 with 3188 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:54 - Apr 11 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah that's entirely possible.

Although us coming up with some momentum & doing reasonably well is equally as possible.

My fear is we become a Rotherham type yo-yo club.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 3163 viewsSteve_M

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 09:02 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I think Wigan are instructive here, they are now happy to stay in the Championship yet they were a Premier League club as recently as 2013. That's always been my biggest fear with relegation, that it resets what the club is capable of achieving even lower.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 09:16 - Apr 11 with 3147 viewsKieran_Knows

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 09:02 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

You just have to hope that if we are to come back up, we catch some sort of momentum which propels us up the Championship table, rather than just trying to tick over like Rotherham do and stave off relegation (again).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 09:18 - Apr 11 with 3144 viewsWhymarkmariner

Our fan base is schizophrenic on 08:35 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

It seems particularly so at the moment when the real problem last night was the same lack of quality that has left us exposed all season. It's not news that we get punished for our mistakes and don't take chances. Yesterday wasn't even out worst performance at Griffin Park in the last few years (the 2-0 defeat at the start of 16-17 was far worse).

I don't agree with you on lack of quality although we did seem to be overrun by Brentford, but then if we are to believe what Micky Mills was saying a few of their players are Premier class. I think our main problem is that the team is never the same two matches running. I feel now is the time to leave Bree and Chalobah and any other loan players that won't be with us next season and play what we have. Virtual every game PL changes four players. I hope it's because he's trying to find his best eleven and not something that's going to happen week in week out next season because if it is we will be in trouble.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:21 - Apr 11 with 3129 viewsBloots

[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 9:22]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024