Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here 08:28 - Jul 8 with 19741 viewsitfcjoe

Discuss...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:58 - Jul 8 with 1484 viewsFixed_It

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:54 - Jul 8 by BiGDonnie

Absolutely.

He's been massively lucky that we have so many youth's we can use for this upcoming season, because if we didn't he'd have nowhere to hide.

It already seems like that unless we bounce straight back, we won't be bouncing at all.

'Massively lucky' - or has invested heavily in maintaining our Academy for this very reason. Maybe, just maybe, some credit is due for this aspect of the strategy - it isn't all own to luck!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 9:19]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:02 - Jul 8 with 1461 viewschicoazul

Tell us something we dunno Joe

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:05 - Jul 8 with 1457 viewsbracknell_blue

Correct. No need for discussion, move on.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:06 - Jul 8 with 1448 viewschicoazul

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:41 - Jul 8 by Metal_Hacker

What is there to discuss I'd ask ?

Destination nowhere I'm afraid . The whole scenario is starting to hurt right now after supporting ITFC for the best part of , well too many years.

Problem being , I'm really not sure of the answer

Here is the answer. It is very simple and straight forward. Evans needs to eat a large hit, find a buyer, and sell & go away as he has failed utterly by every possible metric. There are loads of buyers out there for football clubs in the south east of England not too far from London with a decent (if currently only lurking) fanbase, good sized stadium, historical precedent for success, and decent infrastructure e.e.g Playford Road, Academy etc.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:08 - Jul 8 with 1468 viewsFixed_It

'Play the youths', they said. 'No more journeymen', they said. 'Get players wanting to play for the shirt', they said. 'Let's try and play the Ipswich way', they said.

And now listen to them...
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 9:09]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:08 - Jul 8 with 1441 viewsStadiumofdark

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:55 - Jul 8 by Herbivore

I expect the changes to contracts will have saved around £6m to £7m, so with sales and sell on fees we may just have covered the £9m shortfall. That doesn't then mean there's money in the coffers though, that £9m drop is in the context of a club already running at a £6m a season loss. Any money spent on fees will also have a knock on effect on what we can spend on wages. I fully expect at least a couple more signings that will be frees and loans. I don't have an issue with that. If we don't make another signing at all then I'll be very disappointed but it's still early July and the transfer window has nearly 2 months to run for us.

yep, a couple of signings (3 ideally) to supplement our youthful but unbalanced squad and I'll be happy. Anything less and it'll feel like fraud. I'm happy to protest naked whilst cleaning the SBR roof
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:10 - Jul 8 with 1427 viewsportmanking

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:05 - Jul 8 by bracknell_blue

Correct. No need for discussion, move on.

Move on? Why? If we've all too easily come to that conclusion, why on earth are we so accepting about it?
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:13 - Jul 8 with 1412 viewsitfcjoe

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:06 - Jul 8 by chicoazul

Here is the answer. It is very simple and straight forward. Evans needs to eat a large hit, find a buyer, and sell & go away as he has failed utterly by every possible metric. There are loads of buyers out there for football clubs in the south east of England not too far from London with a decent (if currently only lurking) fanbase, good sized stadium, historical precedent for success, and decent infrastructure e.e.g Playford Road, Academy etc.

Amazingly he doesn't want to sell

Login to get fewer ads

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:13 - Jul 8 with 1414 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:58 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

'Massively lucky' - or has invested heavily in maintaining our Academy for this very reason. Maybe, just maybe, some credit is due for this aspect of the strategy - it isn't all own to luck!

Possibly, although we need that to be proven. From previous years, it's clear that the academy/strategy hasn't delivered* at a Championship level. Hopefully the step down this year will show those younger players in a better light, as they should be a step above this level.

*when I say delivered, I mean generated youngsters of a sufficient quality to play or sell (& reinvest back into the team) to allow us to remain competitive in the division.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:14 - Jul 8 with 1400 viewsDanTheMan

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:13 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

I don't understand what he gets out of it anymore.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:15 - Jul 8 with 1390 viewsportmanking

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:13 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

I find that utterly exasperating if so. Does he see ITFC as merely a marketing tool? I mean, who'd heard of Marcus Evans before his takeover? No-one. His £70m has certainly helped raise his personal profile in the last decade.
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:15 - Jul 8 with 1390 viewsBiGDonnie

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:58 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

Meh, disagree with that. These players were here long before ME was.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:16 - Jul 8 with 1378 viewsFixed_It

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:15 - Jul 8 by BiGDonnie

Really?

Ready! Steady! Cook!

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:21 - Jul 8 with 1372 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:42 - Jul 8 by DanTheMan

Agreed.

And again, I understand we've just lost a bunch of money being relegated... which we will continue to do unless we get promoted. I'm not saying we need to go nuts, but no money at all to me makes no fooking sense.

I know it's not my money, but I didn't decide to buy a football club.

There's a real bitter irony in Evans' failure to invest in the team this close season, given that for a small outlay compared to the Championship he could not only have us truly competitive in the division but save himself a lot of money long-term by putting a few safeguards(insofar as you can, in sport) against us staying down and losing even more in terms in revenue.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 9:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:23 - Jul 8 with 1351 viewsITFC_Forever

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:15 - Jul 8 by BiGDonnie

ME has been here over 10 years....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 1334 viewschicoazul

Banter.

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:27 - Jul 8 with 1321 viewschicoazul

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:14 - Jul 8 by DanTheMan

I don't understand what he gets out of it anymore.

He must really enjoy being a laughing stock. You know what these rich guys are like, get your kicks where you can eh!

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:33 - Jul 8 with 1330 viewsBloots

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:08 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

'Play the youths', they said. 'No more journeymen', they said. 'Get players wanting to play for the shirt', they said. 'Let's try and play the Ipswich way', they said.

….of our fans are a bit thick don't you?

They probably still think everything is MM's fault.

"In Mick We tRust"

I'll be interested to hear the views of those that said the inevitable relegation after he left would be "a good thing" and that we'd "Come back stronger".

The fanbase is obsessed by extremes, whether that's the "spunk loads of cash" crew, or the "play all the kids" brigade.

When you are in our position then football is all about balance, but too many of our fans are bored of balance.

Balance is boring.

Balance gets you nowhere, literally.

The question remains as to whether going nowhere was better than going where we are going now.

We have an owner that has literally no interest in progressing the club and is happy to minimise his losses, whatever league we are in and a manager that will say anything to get a job and then say anything to keep it.

Neither of them are capable of running/managing a Championship club, let alone a Championship club with higher aspirations.

I fear that they have now found their level in the lower reaches of professional football.

But it's not where our club should be.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:36 - Jul 8 with 1295 viewsitfcjoe

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:33 - Jul 8 by Bloots

"In Mick We tRust"

I'll be interested to hear the views of those that said the inevitable relegation after he left would be "a good thing" and that we'd "Come back stronger".

The fanbase is obsessed by extremes, whether that's the "spunk loads of cash" crew, or the "play all the kids" brigade.

When you are in our position then football is all about balance, but too many of our fans are bored of balance.

Balance is boring.

The question remains as to whether going nowhere was better than going where we are going now.

We have an owner that has literally no interest in progressing the club and is happy to minimise his losses, whatever league we are in and a manager that will say anything to get a job and then say anything to keep it.

Neither of them are capable of running/managing a Championship club, let alone a Championship club with higher aspirations.

I fear that they have now found their level in the lower reaches of professional football.

The game has moved on and we've stood still

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:36 - Jul 8 with 1292 viewschicoazul

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:33 - Jul 8 by Bloots

"In Mick We tRust"

Balance is boring.

Tell us what you really think luv.

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:36 - Jul 8 with 1289 viewsJakeITFC

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:34 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

100 POINTS AND 100 GOALS

How many points do you think we will get this season?
You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:37 - Jul 8 with 1287 viewshomer_123

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:36 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

The game has moved on and we've stood still

Agreed but under Mick we stood still in the Championship.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:38 - Jul 8 with 1280 viewsitfcjoe

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:37 - Jul 8 by homer_123

Agreed but under Mick we stood still in the Championship.

The club was getting further and further behind competitiors of the pitch though - he was just swimming against the tide keeping us standing still on the pitch through smart recruitment and a style of football that limited our more limited players chances to make errors.

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:39 - Jul 8 with 1269 viewsKieran_Knows

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:08 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

I don't think that's quite the point though, is it? Sure, we'd all love to see a team filled with academy players, but when does that realistically happen? The fact is, it's an utter travesty that this football club is in League 1, and we should be doing all we can to return at the first time of asking.

Fact is, we've signed a keeper from a League 1 mid table team, and a striker that's never played higher than League 2 before (although I do think Norwood is an impressive signing). We're chucking all our eggs in to one basket in hoping that the players that got us relegated by losing most weeks, are somehow now meant to have us winning most weeks.

There's such glaring holes in the squad, mainly at full back, centre back, another winger, keeper (if Bart goes) and another striker, but all we keep hearing is that there will only be 1 or 2 more players coming in, and going with what we have (same players from last year and hoping the young players step up).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:39 - Jul 8 with 1265 viewsfactual_blue

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:10 - Jul 8 by portmanking

Move on? Why? If we've all too easily come to that conclusion, why on earth are we so accepting about it?

1. First find a buyer.
2. Be careful what you wish for.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024