Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. 16:55 - Aug 6 with 24396 viewshomer_123

Not surprising I guess.

Anyone think their stance might change as we veer towards Oct?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 4951 viewsmanchego

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:02 - Aug 6 by blueislander

As the only thing our government has said is that the back stop has to go, and this is non-negotiable for the EU there is little point in talking. There seem to be no other proposals being put forward by the UK.

The Govt don't seem to know that the EU can read newspapers (in many different languages). So when they lie about everything being the fault of the EU or Eire or Remoaners or whatever, it's clear to anyone that they are not honest or competent.
The EU are well rid of us.
Nope on 18:50 - Aug 6 with 4963 viewsDyland

The media pages with Gove looking like the Peter Richardson character in the Comic Strip Five Go Mad films makes me want to kick all these inept posturing dickfaces in the teeth.

Fooking do your jobs ffs. Fook me.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Holland? on 18:51 - Aug 6 with 4951 viewsDyland

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:35 - Aug 6 by giant_stow

The only answer is to blockade France with our wonderful navy while threatening to invading Holland.

Ja, a shmoke and a pancake.

I'd move there if they weren't so aloof.

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:58 - Aug 6 with 4928 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:49 - Aug 6 by manchego

The Govt don't seem to know that the EU can read newspapers (in many different languages). So when they lie about everything being the fault of the EU or Eire or Remoaners or whatever, it's clear to anyone that they are not honest or competent.
The EU are well rid of us.

I seem to recall one of the European Parliamentarians saying something along the lines that the EU should have done more to counter some of the misinformation in the British media well before the referendum but they chose to allow our own Government to let it go unchallenged instead (or even in many quarters to encourage it - Boris for example).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 4903 viewsmanchego

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:58 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I seem to recall one of the European Parliamentarians saying something along the lines that the EU should have done more to counter some of the misinformation in the British media well before the referendum but they chose to allow our own Government to let it go unchallenged instead (or even in many quarters to encourage it - Boris for example).

They were in a rock / hard place scenario.
They knew we were being lied to but it would not work if it was just the EU campaigning on behalf of the EU.
They needed someone in the UK to do it too. We didn't.
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 4902 viewsEwan_Oozami

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:58 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's a good point! A lot of the Brexiters have said all along that the EU want to punish the UK for daring to vote to leave pour encourager les autres. They've got it wrong, the EU have effectively allowed the UK to punish itself in a highly global fashion as a warning to other EU countries

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 4891 viewsGuthrum

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:07 - Aug 6 by factual_blue

cummings is an utter berk and will soon be shut out by the Civil Service.

Quite prepared to damage the country just to prove how Very Clever he is.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:21 - Aug 6 with 4885 viewsgordon

The chances of the EU changing it's position on the backstop have got to be pretty much zero. Whether we're genuinely committed to our own self-destruction, or just bluffing, I've no idea. I imagine Boris's plan doesn't really go much further than where we are now.

I guess we're going to see a no-confidence vote succeed in September, and then there are quite a few different outcomes possible..
Login to get fewer ads

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:28 - Aug 6 with 4873 viewsLeoMuff

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:21 - Aug 6 by gordon

The chances of the EU changing it's position on the backstop have got to be pretty much zero. Whether we're genuinely committed to our own self-destruction, or just bluffing, I've no idea. I imagine Boris's plan doesn't really go much further than where we are now.

I guess we're going to see a no-confidence vote succeed in September, and then there are quite a few different outcomes possible..

It’s all a negotiation game, unfortunately Boris has staked everything on leaving on 31st Oct, giving us 2 and a bit months to negotiate, the eu know that no deal is completely unacceptable to 49 % of the population and possibly a lot more, they also know we will struggle to get any decent trade deals outside the EU as we will be in a shocking position being desperate to get off WTO tariffs.

They think we will blink or their will be seismic changes politically.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:30 - Aug 6 with 4868 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is one way for the EU to drop the back stop. However, it is to remain in the customs union which certainly will not suit the ERG. One would almost ask, if we are staying in the customs union (and accepting all the regulations that go with it) why leave at all?

The no confidence vote looks almost certain. Would we then get a different (cross-party) grouping form a government or a general election? The hard line leave supporters seem to hope Boris would get to choose a date for an election, would choose after 31st October and we would simply leave without a Government in place to oversee it. I very much doubt that situation would ever be allowed to arise.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 19:38]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:30 - Aug 6 with 4865 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:28 - Aug 6 by LeoMuff

It’s all a negotiation game, unfortunately Boris has staked everything on leaving on 31st Oct, giving us 2 and a bit months to negotiate, the eu know that no deal is completely unacceptable to 49 % of the population and possibly a lot more, they also know we will struggle to get any decent trade deals outside the EU as we will be in a shocking position being desperate to get off WTO tariffs.

They think we will blink or their will be seismic changes politically.

Gen Election?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:33 - Aug 6 with 4863 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 19:18 - Aug 6 by Guthrum

Quite prepared to damage the country just to prove how Very Clever he is.

Nice use of caps there Guthers!

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 20:11 - Aug 6 with 4815 viewsOxford_Blue

They say they won’t.

I think when the reality of a no deal becomes more likely they will crack.
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 20:22 - Aug 6 with 4803 viewsfactual_blue

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 20:11 - Aug 6 by Oxford_Blue

They say they won’t.

Why should they? It will hurt us more than them.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. We're Britain. And we have an Empire.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 20:24 - Aug 6 with 4798 viewsblueislander

They say they won’t.

What on earth makes you think that? Boris seems to “betting the farm” on this . It is a huge odds.against gamble on our economic future.
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 20:29 - Aug 6 with 4782 viewsSwansea_Blue

They say they won’t.

"Crack"?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Holland? on 20:38 - Aug 6 with 4761 viewsgiant_stow

Holland? on 18:51 - Aug 6 by Dyland

Ja, a shmoke and a pancake.

I'd move there if they weren't so aloof.

Yeah I've always liked the Dutch - know what you mean about them being aloof but they crack sooner or later.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Holland? on 20:55 - Aug 6 with 4725 viewsDyland

Holland? on 20:38 - Aug 6 by giant_stow

Yeah I've always liked the Dutch - know what you mean about them being aloof but they crack sooner or later.

Oh aye, I love the Dutch. People being superficially arrogant, aloof, rude or smelly has never put me off. I'm a people person innit.

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 21:45 - Aug 6 with 4684 viewsRyorry

Did you (or anyone) hear Gove this morning on R5l spouting complete bollox (no change there then) about Doris going to persuade the EU to change their mind about the backstop? The EU parliamentarian who was invited to respond literally described what Gove (and Boris) had said as "new-speak", ie turning the truth on its head as per George Orwell's 'Oceanaia' in the novel '1984'; & said there was zero chance of the EU changing its mind on that one.

Isn't the backstop enshrined in law anyway? Not just European, but the Good Friday Agreement?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 21:52 - Aug 6 with 4671 viewsHerbivore

They say they won’t.

Let's imagine for a second that that's not pure fantasy, let's assume they do crack. What would that cracking look like? They'll suddenly not worry about the integrity of their borders or of the single market? What will be the offer to us when they crack?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 00:57 - Aug 7 with 4599 viewsmidastouch

If they watch the Boris Bop they might be forced to blink!
See here:

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 01:31 - Aug 7 with 4582 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Nope, Cummings' plan is to convince the EU that the UK is ready for a no-deal, thus harming the EU more than the UK - unfortunately what Cummings hasn't realised is the EU think this bunch of herberts in Government are a complete shower, and don't really take anything they say seriously, even if they won't say so publicly - the UK will blink first and claim it's all someone else's fault whatever happens.

That's why I think the eyewatering amounts of money the UK is spending trying to prepare for no-deal will ultimately be wasted I reckon.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 17:16]

Bring on a WTO exit. The UK will thrive without the dead weight of the EU sucking it dry like a parasite.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 02:29 - Aug 7 with 4565 viewsSpruceMoose

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 01:31 - Aug 7 by The_Last_Baron

Bring on a WTO exit. The UK will thrive without the dead weight of the EU sucking it dry like a parasite.

You used to be a funny troll. Now you troll like you've been dropped on your head, reversed over by a bus and marched over by a parade.

Either be funny, or be annoying. What you're doing these days is just plain sad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 06:59 - Aug 7 with 4482 viewsHerbivore

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 01:31 - Aug 7 by The_Last_Baron

There are zero benefits to a disorderly Brexit on WTO terms.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 07:24 - Aug 7 with 4448 viewsfooters

They say they won’t.

Are you really that gullible?

If not, then hi, I'm the TWTD wallet inspector. Please send me a scan of all your debit/credit cards via PM, along with your name and address so I can send you your test results.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024