Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match 20:52 - Nov 7 with 26843 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Have fully nicked this off Ipswich Fanzone twitter, but it had me laughing. So I decided to bring it to TWTD.

Home or Away game.. fire away

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 13:26 - Nov 8 with 8011 viewsBlueastheycome

At ‘that’ Watford away game in the play off season, every time Jay Tabb got on the ball and ran with it, the bloke behind would bellow out ‘GO ON RONALDO!’.

Tickled us at the time but doesn’t seem that funny now.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 13:38 - Nov 8 with 7990 viewstractorboy1978

"He's got a tea towel on his head" - to Efe Sodje away at Southend.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 13:46 - Nov 8 with 7979 viewsNthQldITFC

"...he's got no hair, but we don't care, David, David Bingham"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 7960 viewsBryanPlug

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:46 - Nov 8 by bluelagos

V Brizzle City mid to late 80s.

They had a forward called Bobby Taylor. They were losing and when he came on, they were very happy showing encouraging him with a loud rendition of "Super, super Bob....super Bobby Taylor"

Few minutes in and he took one right in the privates. He was laid out flat with the magic sponge being applied to his gonads, clearly in agony when the North stand gave a rendition of "Super, super bob...Bobby's got no bol1ocks"

Quickly followed by "Stayed in the dugout..."

Fgger still got the equaliser.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Millwall away a few years back..... on 14:26 - Nov 8 with 7924 viewsBloots

.....their lot were singing "Keano, you're a c*nt, Keano, Keano you're a c**"

I tried to start "Jackett, you're a coat, Jackett, Jackett you're a coat"

Everyone just stared at me.

I thought it was funny.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 14:29 - Nov 8 with 7916 viewsFifeITFC

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 09:45 - Nov 8 by carlisleaway

Remember the song sung by the North when Jason Dozzell returned to Portman Road with Spurs, shall we just say it ruined his day and we won 3-0 in the FA Cup. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame that Dozzell had had the last laugh earlier in the season scoring a late equaliser for Spurs against us live on Sky.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 14:46 - Nov 8 with 7888 viewsBlueBoots

Reading away (about 20 years ago now...)

Uri Geller was involved in the club in some way and sitting in the directors box - chant went out of "Uri Geller, what a bender, what a bender"

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:18 - Nov 8 with 7846 viewsbraveblue

We signed Herman from Iceland. Someone asked Burley if we got one free.

Pablo shoulder to shoulder on the wing in front of us. Guy shouted Come on Pablo, use your wallet.
Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:29 - Nov 8 with 7833 viewsFenboyBlue

At a home match in our Burley promotion season, I think it might have been with Grimsby, Venus skied a free kick into the North Stand and someone shouted from the back "Venus! What planet are you on?! I think he heard it and smiled.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:11 - Nov 8 with 7776 viewssolemio

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:29 - Nov 8 by FenboyBlue

At a home match in our Burley promotion season, I think it might have been with Grimsby, Venus skied a free kick into the North Stand and someone shouted from the back "Venus! What planet are you on?! I think he heard it and smiled.

To which he replied "I'm not a planet, I'm a star."
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:50 - Nov 8 with 7738 viewsmonytowbray

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:24 - Nov 8 by BLUEBEAT

Amazing. I had a sausage story too.

Perhaps the same bloke? Not sure if the guy in question (ST holder) is just very highly wired on life or white powder haha.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:52 - Nov 8 with 7736 viewsmonytowbray

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:40 - Nov 8 by Superblue95

I always laugh when I think of the time we thrashed Sheff Weds on the opening game of the season (07/08?) and loads of people started chanting “4-0 and your house is wet” because there was bad floods in Yorkshire at the time.

Another mildly funny one was home to Wednesday again a few years later and Keiran Westwood got injured. When it was announced he was due to be replaced by Adam Wildsmith the whole North Stand seemed to turn to the person next to them and say “who?” About 5 seconds later as he ran towards his goal it broke into a chant of “who the f*cking hell are you?”

I remember that. I started the WE’RE ALL NICE AND DRY” chant.

TWTD never forgets…

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:56 - Nov 8 with 7736 viewsmonytowbray

My mate is still laughing at my “His Mum did his haircut with a bowl” chant at Scott Davis vs Tranmere, he had a perfect bowl cut line rather than a blend on the back and sides.

Naomi Scott swore at me for shouting “Get back Spence you useless prick” last season away at QPR, that’s my claim to fame and I’m having it.

TWTD never forgets…

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:12 - Nov 8 with 7715 viewsGeoffSentence

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:56 - Nov 8 by monytowbray

My mate is still laughing at my “His Mum did his haircut with a bowl” chant at Scott Davis vs Tranmere, he had a perfect bowl cut line rather than a blend on the back and sides.

Naomi Scott swore at me for shouting “Get back Spence you useless prick” last season away at QPR, that’s my claim to fame and I’m having it.

It's a connection with a beautiful and successful woman, I'd take it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:23 - Nov 8 with 7702 viewsoneoffposter

Singing ‘ur sh1t if you dont get 9’ in 95 numerous times at spurs a couple of days after we’d played at Man U

Going potty when we won a corner at Arsenal that year too was funny - the bemused home
Fans were a picture

Good times
At Kenilworth Road in the noughties on 17:40 - Nov 8 with 7681 viewsSouthBucksBlue

They had a ball boy who was a dead ringer for Wayne Rooney. He was changing sides at half time walking in front of the away stand and the whole crowd were belting out Rooney, rooney...
He was laughing as were Shane Supple and our GK coach who were training and turned round to have a look.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:45 - Nov 8 with 7674 viewsallezlesbleus

When we were away to Slovan Liberec, near Prague, a few years ago, me and my mate tried and get a beer at half time. We ended up on the half way line, with the home fans (who were fine). We asked for 2 beers, only to be told "UEFA regulations, no alcohol...….but you can have vodka". So we bought a couple of vodka's and sat on the front row in amongst the Liberec fans.

A few minutes into the 2nd half, Fabian Wilnis comes over to collect the ball for a throw in. My mate jumps up and shouts "Fabio, Fabio, tell Jamma he's a c unit". Wilnis looked bemused when he heard "Fabio, Fabio", but was pi**ing himself when he heard the rest!
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:50 - Nov 8 with 7659 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:56 - Nov 8 by monytowbray

I was literally standing next you that game and can confirm you were shouted at, not sure it was Naomi Scott though, possibly his sister if he has one or a friend.

But I am not certain so claim it anyway.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

At Kenilworth Road in the noughties on 18:57 - Nov 8 with 7617 viewsghostofescobar

At Kenilworth Road in the noughties on 17:40 - Nov 8 by SouthBucksBlue

They had a ball boy who was a dead ringer for Wayne Rooney. He was changing sides at half time walking in front of the away stand and the whole crowd were belting out Rooney, rooney...
He was laughing as were Shane Supple and our GK coach who were training and turned round to have a look.

Bloody hell, I remember that! Brains are great. How on earth was that long forgotten memory still in there?

GhostOfEscobar

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 19:09 - Nov 8 with 7606 viewsgainsboroughblue

"You're supposed to be a step"

Sung by a few Town fans while pointing to a bit of missing terracing at Filbert Street.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 21:29 - Nov 8 with 7500 viewspatrickswell

At Watford in March 2012, I remember one fan shouting various free associative things at the pitch as we subsided to our (then) usual defeat at Vicarage Road. The one that sticks in my memory came in the instant after Martin Taylor cut out a Michael Chopra flick on, the bloke bellowed simply, “PREMIERSHIP EXPERIENCE”.

A group of Stone Island Town fans shouting out the numbers on the jackets of the stewards as they faced our stand in formation at Selhurst Park in McCarthy’s second game in charge of us also tickled me more than might have been expected. It sounded like speed bingo. You take your laughs where you can find them at 4-0 down.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 23:45 - Nov 8 with 7417 viewsArnieM

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:59 - Nov 8 by DBaldy

When we played Newcastle in the Prem there was an opera singer who performed at half time.

When they finished, the Geordies immediately shouted "you're not singing any more". Factually correct and funny at the same time.

Was that the same game where Portman Road, as one, sang, “We never sacked Bobby Robson”..... never heard a peep out those Geordies for ages after that , and they had the whole of top tier of the Cobbold Stand.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 00:16 - Nov 9 with 7395 viewsBonchosBicycle

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:23 - Nov 8 by oneoffposter

Singing ‘ur sh1t if you dont get 9’ in 95 numerous times at spurs a couple of days after we’d played at Man U

Going potty when we won a corner at Arsenal that year too was funny - the bemused home
Fans were a picture

Good times

The Arsenal match was one of the best I ever went to. Along with the "Sh!t if you can't get 9" I remember the Gooners started out mocking us but slowly came around to us as we celebrated every throw in we got like it was a world cup winner. By the end of it they were going as mad as we were when Marshall nicked one.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 00:43 - Nov 9 with 7358 viewsJ2BLUE

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 23:45 - Nov 8 by ArnieM

Was that the same game where Portman Road, as one, sang, “We never sacked Bobby Robson”..... never heard a peep out those Geordies for ages after that , and they had the whole of top tier of the Cobbold Stand.

That was in the Championship live on the BBC.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 03:38 - Nov 9 with 7329 viewsblueoxford

Away at the old Manor Ground.

“Robert Maxwell, what a w**ker, what a w**ker...”

Closely followed by someone shouting “He fell over. He fell over”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024