Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... 16:23 - Dec 20 with 4932 viewsmonytowbray

LOL.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:12 - Dec 20 with 1466 viewsNewcyBlue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 17:39 - Dec 20 by BlueBadger

You never answered me above as to what it is we've actually won?

We’ve won a huge sh!t sandwich and we all get to take a bite.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:17 - Dec 20 with 1454 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 22:59 - Dec 20 by mrshallisfit

Still didn't address these points have you cretin.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:20 - Dec 20 with 1447 viewsStokieBlue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:17 - Dec 20 by The_Last_Baron

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

It's really quite odd to revel in a position you seem unable or unwilling to defend.

Have the confidence of your convictions and tell us why we are wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:23 - Dec 20 with 1444 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:20 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

It's really quite odd to revel in a position you seem unable or unwilling to defend.

Have the confidence of your convictions and tell us why we are wrong.

SB

Merry Christmas SB.

As for debating with you and your comrades on here, there's no point Sir. You have made your mind up and so have I. I am on the winning side and you are on the losing one. That's the bottom line. If you ever fancy a pint of beer after a match let me know and I'll be happy to buy you one. I'm sure you're a good lad and you might even find my company not bad.

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:26 - Dec 20 with 1436 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:23 - Dec 20 by The_Last_Baron

Merry Christmas SB.

As for debating with you and your comrades on here, there's no point Sir. You have made your mind up and so have I. I am on the winning side and you are on the losing one. That's the bottom line. If you ever fancy a pint of beer after a match let me know and I'll be happy to buy you one. I'm sure you're a good lad and you might even find my company not bad.

"I am on the winning side and you are on the losing one. "

Odd. But there we are, that's the level we're at. Shame it isn't possible to have a half decent discussion about where we want to go as a country and why.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:30 - Dec 20 with 1431 viewsOnionboy

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 18:42 - Dec 20 by BlueBadger

It'll be bare minimum compliance to standard. What you're enthusiastically advocating will mean that it costs you even less, but has been raised, stored and packed to an even lower standard.

But on the plus side, you'll have a blue passport that you can use the pages of to clean yourself up with after the explosive attack of the sh*ts that you'll be increasing your risk of by eating it.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 18:45]

Why are you always so bitter and twisted
Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:31 - Dec 20 with 1429 viewsjeera

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:26 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

Odd. But there we are, that's the level we're at. Shame it isn't possible to have a half decent discussion about where we want to go as a country and why.

That is the problem right there. The idiots who think that's how it works.

I maintain, a short questionnaire is the way to go before allowing anyone a vote of any description. Just to be reassured they understand what the point is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:33 - Dec 20 with 1424 viewsOnionboy

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 20:47 - Dec 20 by Oldsmoker

Corbyn is a decent man. BloJob isn't.
There will be things that BloJob does while he is PM that even you will grudgingly admit is beyond the pale.

Do you really believe that Corbyn is a decent man?
Even his own party MP's jeered him when he took his place in the chamber.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:33 - Dec 20 with 1425 viewsStokieBlue

Merry Christmas SB.

Merry Christmas.

It's interesting that you see the debate as more of a war where there are sides and there has to be a victor. Perhaps we should have a Christmas truce, meet in no-mans lands and try and understand why you think this is the right path and why others don't.

Not sure anyone has ever referred to me as a lad or comrade before, first time for everything though.

SB

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:36 - Dec 20 with 1415 viewsBLUEBEAT

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 16:26 - Dec 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

The election was a week ago.

Labour put in one of the worst results in political history.

Its time to let it go, and get back to football. ;-)

It’s been just over a week since the Tory landslide victory and so far they have....

1. Scrapped their commitment to increasing the minimum wage to £10.50 an hour.

2. Removed commitments to workers' rights.

3. Removed rights to defence of child refugees from the Brexit bill.

4. Empowered the lower courts to overturn any principle of EU Law (therefore putting rights such as holiday pay and sick pay at risk).

5. Limited the ability of parliament to scrutinise both the Brexit bill and the subsequent trade deals.

6. Continued to sit on the Russian report.

7. Lifted the suspension on fracking.

8. Paved the way for the introduction of GM foods to the UK.

9. Draw up new constituency boundaries for their own future electoral advantage.

10. Filled the House of Lords with cronies, two of whom now sit, unelected, in the revised cabinet.

11. Shown their ongoing enthusiasm for random figures by stating that even if fewer than the current number of 27K nurses leave our NHS each year, we will still somehow have "more nurses".

12. Instigated the process of preventing a large proportion of the young and the poor from voting by introducing mandatory photo IDs at polling stations as they are aware of the future polling trend upsurging to the left.

13. Have suggested that "those who can afford it" should start taking out insurance to pay for social care.

14. Have paved the way for higher council taxes to fund social care, a policy which will hit the poorest the hardest.

15. Scrapped the enquiry into Islamophobia within the Conservative Party.

Anyone surprised? I am not in the slightest.

Poll: W or W

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:38 - Dec 20 with 1412 viewsHerbivore

Merry Christmas SB.

You said we'd all won earlier. You seem to be backtracking.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:52 - Dec 20 with 1377 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:33 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Merry Christmas.

It's interesting that you see the debate as more of a war where there are sides and there has to be a victor. Perhaps we should have a Christmas truce, meet in no-mans lands and try and understand why you think this is the right path and why others don't.

Not sure anyone has ever referred to me as a lad or comrade before, first time for everything though.

SB

If we meet for a pint I want to talk football. Leave the politics here.

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:54 - Dec 20 with 1372 viewsHARRY10

Merry Christmas SB.

At least you have owned up to your own closed minded isolation, as it is not about 'having made your mind up'. For us anyway.

It is about being open minded and willing to exchange ideas. The brexit side never have been. The early guff about sunny uplands. dfeals etc has long been dropped.

For my part I have decided there is not enough evidence to suggest there is a god, after life etc. But that doesn't mean I have a brexiteer mind that think that because I want it to be so. If someone can demonstrate with reasoned evidence that there is a god, afterlife etc I am quite prepared to listen and change my mind.

Therein lies the difference. I have yet to meet or hear a brexiteer put forward anything that suggests they have a clue about their 'belief' or can put up anything remotely provable by accepted facts. The reality being that anything they previously claimed merely confirmed their delusions - hence their reliance upon vacuous slogans now.
Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:56 - Dec 20 with 1369 viewsjeera

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:54 - Dec 20 by HARRY10

At least you have owned up to your own closed minded isolation, as it is not about 'having made your mind up'. For us anyway.

It is about being open minded and willing to exchange ideas. The brexit side never have been. The early guff about sunny uplands. dfeals etc has long been dropped.

For my part I have decided there is not enough evidence to suggest there is a god, after life etc. But that doesn't mean I have a brexiteer mind that think that because I want it to be so. If someone can demonstrate with reasoned evidence that there is a god, afterlife etc I am quite prepared to listen and change my mind.

Therein lies the difference. I have yet to meet or hear a brexiteer put forward anything that suggests they have a clue about their 'belief' or can put up anything remotely provable by accepted facts. The reality being that anything they previously claimed merely confirmed their delusions - hence their reliance upon vacuous slogans now.

The word is 'learn'.

Many of us want to learn.

Some of us don't.

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 00:29 - Dec 21 with 1336 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 20:19 - Dec 20 by Pinewoodblue

Nothing more hilarious than six Labour MPs voting with government, despite a three line whip, and another 20+ abstaining.

So much for a loyal opposition.

I'm not sure you actually understand the meaning of the phrase 'Her (Or His) Majesty's Loyal Opposition.

There are some very good books on the subject. But be warned; they do have some long words in them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 00:34 - Dec 21 with 1333 viewsjeera

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:30 - Dec 20 by Onionboy

Why do you keep changing your username?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 02:49 - Dec 21 with 1303 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:30 - Dec 20 by Onionboy

Don't mind me, I'd just rather you didn't get a dose of the sh1ts because sub-standard chicken is apparently preferable to occasionally having to be polite to someone from Belgium.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 02:50 - Dec 21 with 1304 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 00:34 - Dec 21 by jeera

Why do you keep changing your username?

Wouldn't a better question be 'why do Phil and Gav keep letting you back?'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 06:49 - Dec 21 with 1271 viewstrueblue1970

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 16:26 - Dec 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

The election was a week ago.

Labour put in one of the worst results in political history.

Its time to let it go, and get back to football. ;-)

Well said sir 👍
Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 07:36 - Dec 21 with 1257 viewsBloomBlue

Considering the UK/EU gave the world mad cow disease because the food standards were so low I dont think this Country can criticise other Countries for food standards.
Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 07:56 - Dec 21 with 1242 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 23:36 - Dec 20 by BLUEBEAT

It’s been just over a week since the Tory landslide victory and so far they have....

1. Scrapped their commitment to increasing the minimum wage to £10.50 an hour.

2. Removed commitments to workers' rights.

3. Removed rights to defence of child refugees from the Brexit bill.

4. Empowered the lower courts to overturn any principle of EU Law (therefore putting rights such as holiday pay and sick pay at risk).

5. Limited the ability of parliament to scrutinise both the Brexit bill and the subsequent trade deals.

6. Continued to sit on the Russian report.

7. Lifted the suspension on fracking.

8. Paved the way for the introduction of GM foods to the UK.

9. Draw up new constituency boundaries for their own future electoral advantage.

10. Filled the House of Lords with cronies, two of whom now sit, unelected, in the revised cabinet.

11. Shown their ongoing enthusiasm for random figures by stating that even if fewer than the current number of 27K nurses leave our NHS each year, we will still somehow have "more nurses".

12. Instigated the process of preventing a large proportion of the young and the poor from voting by introducing mandatory photo IDs at polling stations as they are aware of the future polling trend upsurging to the left.

13. Have suggested that "those who can afford it" should start taking out insurance to pay for social care.

14. Have paved the way for higher council taxes to fund social care, a policy which will hit the poorest the hardest.

15. Scrapped the enquiry into Islamophobia within the Conservative Party.

Anyone surprised? I am not in the slightest.

The limitation on parliamentary scrutiny on any trade deal is straight out of the Putin playbook.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 10:40 - Dec 21 with 1178 viewshampstead_blue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 17:16 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Isn't he vegan?

I think the issue is more with the overall lowering of standards.

It's OK to say we have a choice not to buy it, but that doesn't really apply when you dine out, buy ready meals, etc, etc. Very few of us check our food that thoroughly and I, for one, appreciate the high standards we have had in this country.

I think I may well go down the vegetarian route aside from meat I can be sure about once the standards have been cut.

Unfortunately, there are many other areas where we won't get the choice.

One thing we have is choice.

Just buy UK meat so you know the standard.

I find it hard to understand the logic behind people's worry about not following the EU's own standards.

Is there logic that we have a desire to trash all the great work our farmers do? I think we can do it ourselves and create a standards package which is good for us.

What's wrong with that. I don't think that we are going to ruin everything.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 10:53 - Dec 21 with 1145 viewsm14_blue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 10:40 - Dec 21 by hampstead_blue

One thing we have is choice.

Just buy UK meat so you know the standard.

I find it hard to understand the logic behind people's worry about not following the EU's own standards.

Is there logic that we have a desire to trash all the great work our farmers do? I think we can do it ourselves and create a standards package which is good for us.

What's wrong with that. I don't think that we are going to ruin everything.

Do you understand how trade deals work?

Where do you think the relative power would lie in negotiations between us and America?
Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 11:10 - Dec 21 with 1128 viewshampstead_blue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 10:53 - Dec 21 by m14_blue

Do you understand how trade deals work?

Where do you think the relative power would lie in negotiations between us and America?

I've no more insight into trade deals than the next man.
You'd be right to assume that I'd be happy to learn from a balanced perspective.

If you have any experience then please expand my knowledge
My core thought is that our farmers and producers will not be tied to the lower standard, if that is the case.
In some ways it's a USP.

(written without any sarcasm and in an open mind)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 11:20 - Dec 21 with 1122 viewsStokieBlue

Brexit is honestly just hilarious now... on 11:10 - Dec 21 by hampstead_blue

I've no more insight into trade deals than the next man.
You'd be right to assume that I'd be happy to learn from a balanced perspective.

If you have any experience then please expand my knowledge
My core thought is that our farmers and producers will not be tied to the lower standard, if that is the case.
In some ways it's a USP.

(written without any sarcasm and in an open mind)

You are missing the point.

As with most things, unfortunately might wins. The US is a bigger market, if we want access we will need to bow to what they want or they just can refuse.

We have literally no leverage at all against them.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024