Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be 15:36 - Mar 4 with 10672 viewsColchesterBlue1985

To take over assuming it’s in the summer and Warnock retires as he said he would (realistic choices obviously):-

1. Karl Robinson
2. Nigel Adkins
3. Neil Thompson u23 manager Sheff wed
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:22 - Mar 4 with 4559 viewsitfcjoe

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:21 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

They're one point outside the POs, and while I don't know it for a fact, I suspect their budget is one of the smaller ones in the league.

Jones, Robinson and Wellens probably ahead of him in the order of preference thinking about it.

Will they have a small budget at that level? I imagine they are about a midtable budget on players - but big spenders on the academy so swings and roundabouts.

They aren't minnows at that level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:23 - Mar 4 with 4553 viewspatrickswell

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:17 - Mar 4 by ColchesterBlue1985

Luke chambers would be a shocking move. More than ever we need some experience to handle some of the fragility around the place not add to it by appointing a player. Remember it took Magilton some time to get used to management and he was a good couple of years older and had helped with the coaching aspects.

Leaving aside the obvious cynicism of “Evans will take the cheap route”, there is a lot of potential good that could come with Chambers as boss or player-boss. Not least, the route from the Academy to the first-team might open up a little more freely than it’s done under recent managers.
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:26 - Mar 4 with 4540 viewsitfcjoe

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:23 - Mar 4 by patrickswell

Leaving aside the obvious cynicism of “Evans will take the cheap route”, there is a lot of potential good that could come with Chambers as boss or player-boss. Not least, the route from the Academy to the first-team might open up a little more freely than it’s done under recent managers.

I go to a lot of U23 and u18 games an you always see Skuse there with the other coaches watching the game and (literally) taking notes, he is also doing some coaching at Woodbridge Town

Chambers isn't as far as I am aware.

If anything was to happen Chambers would be the motivator and man manager with Skuse as the 'brains' behind things.

I personally don't see it happening, there is no need to take that risk - but then I thought that when we appointed Jim

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:43 - Mar 4 with 4503 viewsstrikalite

Nathan Jones or Mowbray
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:44 - Mar 4 with 4502 viewsHarry_Palmer

1) Mark Robins ( I believe he would come, money talks! )
2) Nathan Jones
3) Dave Artell
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:50 - Mar 4 with 4482 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:22 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

Will they have a small budget at that level? I imagine they are about a midtable budget on players - but big spenders on the academy so swings and roundabouts.

They aren't minnows at that level

Think they hang around 10th-12th mark in that division, I am pretty sure I read that earlier in the year somewhere.

In fairness to them, Cowling wants Colchester to be a self funding club and aren't too far from it.

Like you say, they rarely invest heavily in the first team acquisitions, but he has put a lot of money into the development of the academy.

Similar to Evans in that respect, looking for year on dividends though with a cycle of players coming through.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:00 - Mar 4 with 4459 viewsStNeotsBlue

Tisdale for me. Only because his right hand man is the brother of one of my mates.
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:04 - Mar 4 with 4450 viewsKropotkin123

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:04 - Mar 4 by SpruceMoose

1) Treacle
2) Dyer
3) Fishers (mainly so he can be on the receiving end for once!)

Someone knows how to get an upvote

1. Kieron Dyer

If people like Lampard and Gerrard can walk into management roles at a higher level, why can't Dyer with his youth experience?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:14 - Mar 4 with 4432 viewsTonytown

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:22 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Nathan Jones
Nigel Adkins
Karl Robinson (who would definitely jump ship for a pay rise but wouldn't work for an owner like Evans not willing to spend).

So put me down Jones, Adkins and Ainsworth.

Paul Hurst
Paul Lambert
Paul Jewell

No more Pauls please
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:28 - Mar 4 with 4411 viewstractordownsouth

Nigel Adkins
Richie Wellens
Someone from a youth team somewhere

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:34 - Mar 4 with 4397 viewsTractorCam

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:14 - Mar 4 by Tonytown

Paul Hurst
Paul Lambert
Paul Jewell

No more Pauls please

Paul Ince incoming.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 17:44 - Mar 4 with 4386 viewshappybeingblue

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 15:39 - Mar 4 by Parky

1) Mark Robbins (Probably not realistic)
2) Gus Poyet (Probably not realistic either)
3) Chris Hughton (Yeah, f'ck this League One mid-table business is sh!t)

i think we have had a gutful of ex norwich ,so for me that rules robbins and hughton out
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:09 - Mar 4 with 4355 viewsMoriarty

1. George Burley (contingent on succession plan);
2. Carlos Corberan;
3. Nathan Jones.

fka omuircheartaigh

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:14 - Mar 4 with 4343 viewsSwansea_Blue

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 16:21 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

They're one point outside the POs, and while I don't know it for a fact, I suspect their budget is one of the smaller ones in the league.

Jones, Robinson and Wellens probably ahead of him in the order of preference thinking about it.

I don’t understand the interest in Nathan Jones. He was totally incapable of addressing the issues at a recently relegated team in transition at Stoke, which is similar to the stage we’re at.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:25 - Mar 4 with 4319 viewsitfcjoe

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:14 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t understand the interest in Nathan Jones. He was totally incapable of addressing the issues at a recently relegated team in transition at Stoke, which is similar to the stage we’re at.

I think that’s a fair point, but think Stoke a much tougher job than here with regards to the disparity in wages there and the egos in the dressing room. Is a very, very difficult rebuild and a total one required.

It’s not easy here, but reality is there isn’t anyone hanging about on mega money who isn’t going to be playing. Bart was an issue last season but not a massive one as managed to shift him.

Basing him on Luton and previous things I’ve heard about him - but is a risk of course

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:33 - Mar 4 with 4299 viewstextbackup

If he goes in the summer I honestly can’t see beyond Skuse/chambers taking it on.
Not what I want I might add, but can’t see anything but this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:53 - Mar 4 with 4267 viewsBluearmy71

1.Dyer (cutting his cloth with Ipswich at this level is ideal for him imo, maybe teamed up with GB in some capacity for a year or two))

2. Karl Robinson

3. Luke Chambers (my heart would love this ( as is with KD's) he has a passion for this club that is as deep as our own, he knows what we want from the team and after all "there's only one f*cking Chambers")
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:55 - Mar 4 with 4264 viewsBloomBlue

At least you didnt say Jones, he blew it at Stoke no better than Hurst at Town completely out of his depth at Stoke and Ipswich is a bigger club than Stoke.

1) Phil Parkinson
2) Mich McCarthy
3) Sam Allardyce
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:01 - Mar 4 with 4245 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Doesn't matter.

Whoever it is will be told to do it with our kids and with frees and we'll finish 16th.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:10 - Mar 4 with 4228 viewsBloomBlue

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:01 - Mar 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Doesn't matter.

Whoever it is will be told to do it with our kids and with frees and we'll finish 16th.

Playing the youngsters and building a team around the youngsters is the Ipswich way
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:13 - Mar 4 with 4217 viewsSwansea_Blue

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 18:25 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

I think that’s a fair point, but think Stoke a much tougher job than here with regards to the disparity in wages there and the egos in the dressing room. Is a very, very difficult rebuild and a total one required.

It’s not easy here, but reality is there isn’t anyone hanging about on mega money who isn’t going to be playing. Bart was an issue last season but not a massive one as managed to shift him.

Basing him on Luton and previous things I’ve heard about him - but is a risk of course

Ok cheers. I’m not that familiar with what he/his team were like at Luton, so interesting to hear views on him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:17 - Mar 4 with 4210 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:10 - Mar 4 by BloomBlue

Playing the youngsters and building a team around the youngsters is the Ipswich way

No, it WAS the Ipswich way, we haven't been that way for a very very long time.

Our youngsters, whilst here, at any rate, are nowhere as good as we think they are.
We don't develop players correctly and typically, when they leave, they flourish.

And now we are about to do the same with Dozzell who will become a Premier League footballer, given 2 years as a first team starting player somewhere else.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:18 - Mar 4 with 4207 viewsChurchman

Shefki Kuqi, not least because he might just be mad enough to take the job. He’d be fun and I want to see him do that phenomenal best ever celebration if we win a game.
Kieron Dyer with Klug assisting
Chambers/Skuse
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 20:40]
Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 19:53 - Mar 4 with 4170 viewsFPL_Tractor

1. Nathan Jones
2. John McGreal
3. Mauricio Taricco

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Excluding Warnock who would your top 3 choices be on 20:14 - Mar 4 with 4155 viewsbazgammon

McGreal
Nigel Clough
Mariner/Butcher (sentimental)

Poll: Lambert

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024