Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? 09:12 - Mar 24 with 6404 viewsBrixtonBlue

Surely the police aren't going to take note of every time they see you jogging.

And this thing of no more than 2 people... unless you live in the same household. Are police going to be stopping groups and checking? How?

All sounds very wishy washy to me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:13 - Mar 24 with 3320 viewshomer_123

It shouldn't need to be policed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:15 - Mar 24 with 3300 viewsAce_High1

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:13 - Mar 24 by homer_123

Exactly its time everyone took some responsibility and managed themselves in line with the guidance.

We are all adults, just stay at home and keep away from everyone.
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:15 - Mar 24 with 3296 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tracking cell phones and backup up using CCTV in urban areas. Didn't you ever watch Spooks?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:16 - Mar 24 with 3283 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:13 - Mar 24 by homer_123

Rather a moot point wouldn't you say homer? We shouldn't need to lock our doors or have speed cameras either...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:16 - Mar 24 with 3279 viewsportmanking

If you want to go against government advice and put yourself and loved ones in danger by doing more than is allowed, on your head be it.

I don't see how clearer the government can make it right now, without physically deploying the army on the streets to monitor movements. Do we all really want that?!
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:17 - Mar 24 with 3278 viewsStokieBlue

Maybe people should take some personal responsibility to implement it?

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:23 - Mar 24 with 3232 viewsGuthrum

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:17 - Mar 24 by StokieBlue

SB

But why should my rights be infringed just because of some poxy disease? It's a sunny day, I'm a free-born Englishman, I'm going to the seaside. This only affects old people, anyway.

Yes, people are actually saying things like that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:24 - Mar 24 with 3226 viewsBugs

Shouldn't need to be, but there is a sizeable minority in this country that are prime one tw@ts.They think the world is about them and don't give a fu*k the consequences of their actions. Me rather we people.
Login to get fewer ads

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:25 - Mar 24 with 3221 viewshomer_123

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:23 - Mar 24 by Guthrum

But why should my rights be infringed just because of some poxy disease? It's a sunny day, I'm a free-born Englishman, I'm going to the seaside. This only affects old people, anyway.

If they were just saying it Guthers, that wouldn't be a problem. The issue is they 'doing' that. :(

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 3209 viewshomer_123

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:17 - Mar 24 by StokieBlue

SB

You mean act like grown ups and adults?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 3205 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:16 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Rather a moot point wouldn't you say homer? We shouldn't need to lock our doors or have speed cameras either...

But by the same token speed cameras are only in certain locations and don’t catch everyone who speeds, and door locks don’t prevent all burglaries

Clearly the police won’t catch every offender however will enforce where they can

On a related note saw a video of police stopping and quizzing a driver on Foxhall Road in the early hours of this morning re his reason for being out, so clearly is going to be some level of enforcement

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 3203 viewsWeWereZombies

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:15 - Mar 24 by Ace_High1

Exactly its time everyone took some responsibility and managed themselves in line with the guidance.

We are all adults, just stay at home and keep away from everyone.

Is that closing sentence for all of us or just aimed at homer_123? On the whole I have always found him a very decent poster...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:53 - Mar 24 with 3148 viewsBrixtonBlue

SB

You've essentially made the same point as homer and you're both getting up arrows while I'm getting down. I don't understand. Surely these go without saying? The fact is people are dicks, lots of them WON'T take personal responsibility (as we've seen already). So I'm asking what the law are practically going to do about it.

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:55 - Mar 24 with 3133 viewsportmanking

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:53 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

You've essentially made the same point as homer and you're both getting up arrows while I'm getting down. I don't understand. Surely these go without saying? The fact is people are dicks, lots of them WON'T take personal responsibility (as we've seen already). So I'm asking what the law are practically going to do about it.

As I said, save for the Army being deployed along the streets, it's nigh-on impossible and requires a national effort to look after each other.
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:55 - Mar 24 with 3138 viewsBlueBadger

NO-ONE is forcing me to exercise, I'll tell you that, Dollars.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:56 - Mar 24 with 3127 viewsGeoffSentence

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:23 - Mar 24 by Guthrum

That last point is really the main part of the problem. People, and in particularly young people see this as something that will happen to someone else, that someone else being the old.

It is mainly the old and vulnerable who are dying, but it is not just them ending up in intensive care. People need to get it into their heads that it can get them too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:09 - Mar 24 with 3081 viewsr2d2

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:55 - Mar 24 by portmanking

As I said, save for the Army being deployed along the streets, it's nigh-on impossible and requires a national effort to look after each other.

They will be eventually. Then people will be up in arms. Will be their own fault.
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:13 - Mar 24 with 3060 viewsBloomBlue

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 09:53 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

What do expect them to do?

How about a fine? that will probably work in some situations but you might have the rich person who will say that's nothing I'll pay it and basically ignore it and keep going out. On the opposite end you might have someone on benefits who will say I don't earn enough and cannot afford it and the fine will be spread over 10 years and basically ignore it and keep going out.

So then you get to second offence - do we do same as France threaten a prison sentence of 6 months? How will that work will they be locked up immediately without any court process or do we follow the court process and where do we put all these people facing 6 months in prison while they wait for the court process?

Personally I would lock them up for 6 months no court process you're automatically guilty no medical help once your in there 2 meals a day and no visitors

As the medical people keep saying this will only work if people buy into it
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:45 - Mar 24 with 2996 viewsfactual_blue

We pensioners have been employed as snitches and spies.

*twitches curtain*

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:47 - Mar 24 with 2979 viewsfooters

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:45 - Mar 24 by factual_blue

We pensioners have been employed as snitches and spies.

*twitches curtain*

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:52 - Mar 24 with 2944 viewsbluelagos

The TwtdCV police will be watching!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 2906 viewsDebsyAngel

I don;t go out much as it is, but I want my one walk on a Wednesday when I would normally be visiting my parents. It's an hours' walk, but I want to walk nearby for 30 mins, then come back again. Also need to walk into town on a Thursday (usually get a bus but not sure will do so now) to get some essential shopping then walk home. I hope a walk/shopping trip are considered ok.

My husband goes for a run a couple of times a week, and shopping on a Saturday and Tuesday at our local Aldi/Coop.

One grey area is that it's his mum's birthday soon - would he be allowed to walk to hers and leave her presents on the doorstep then come home?

Be interesting to see how that drug dealing prat next door comes up with his excuses to leave 7 times a day.... or will the dealers start to come here again (I cannot take that happening again....). They have a huge dog and can understand her and the kid taking it for a walk once a day, but they seem above the law and would get away with their usual lives.
How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 11:12 - Mar 24 with 2881 viewsWeWereZombies

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 10:13 - Mar 24 by BloomBlue

What do expect them to do?

How about a fine? that will probably work in some situations but you might have the rich person who will say that's nothing I'll pay it and basically ignore it and keep going out. On the opposite end you might have someone on benefits who will say I don't earn enough and cannot afford it and the fine will be spread over 10 years and basically ignore it and keep going out.

So then you get to second offence - do we do same as France threaten a prison sentence of 6 months? How will that work will they be locked up immediately without any court process or do we follow the court process and where do we put all these people facing 6 months in prison while they wait for the court process?

Personally I would lock them up for 6 months no court process you're automatically guilty no medical help once your in there 2 meals a day and no visitors

As the medical people keep saying this will only work if people buy into it

'Personally I would lock them up for 6 months no court process you're automatically guilty no medical help once your in there 2 meals a day and no visitors'

I was happy with your thought processes until that bit, not really getting people buying into it, is it? Forcing them into it so that they (and some of their families and friends) smoulder with burning resentment. Some will put up with it but, upon release, will look for the first opportunity to seek 'revenge'. It might make you (but not me) feel better for a while but it strikes me as a sure fire way to deepen social divisions and ensure that the after effects of the pandemic are felt for generations.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 11:17 - Mar 24 with 2861 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think they are hoping that the majority of people will be sensible enough and mature enough to take this epidemic seriously and abide by the advice put in place.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 11:28 - Mar 24 with 2821 viewsBloomBlue

How are they supposed to enforce this one exercise thing a day? on 11:12 - Mar 24 by WeWereZombies

'Personally I would lock them up for 6 months no court process you're automatically guilty no medical help once your in there 2 meals a day and no visitors'

I was happy with your thought processes until that bit, not really getting people buying into it, is it? Forcing them into it so that they (and some of their families and friends) smoulder with burning resentment. Some will put up with it but, upon release, will look for the first opportunity to seek 'revenge'. It might make you (but not me) feel better for a while but it strikes me as a sure fire way to deepen social divisions and ensure that the after effects of the pandemic are felt for generations.

Ok that line was more 'tongue in cheek' but my point is people keep talking about how will they enforce it they actually don't a way to enforce it but more importantly shouldn't have to enforce it.
So many people at the moment are just trying to find holes in what's being asked, I really don't understand some people in this Country at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024