Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? 14:40 - Apr 11 with 5624 viewsBlueBadger

I swear, it won't be the ever-growing parade of stress, illness, horrible decisions and death, isolation or lack of pubs it'll be fooking curtain twitchers threatening to call the police because their neighbours, having taken their dog out, are now going out to do some shopping for their elderly relatives.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 15:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 21:29 - Apr 11 with 1921 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 16:49 - Apr 11 by r2d2

There are dogs round here being walked that havent been out their gardens in 15 years. Neighbours on bikes who have never been any further than the garden gate before this. One set of neighbours who have been here 9 years have bought bikes especially. Before that they barely staggered from the front door to the car. I notice they are pushing them more than actually riding them.

Lots of positives there then.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 1852 viewsr2d2

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 18:40 - Apr 11 by bluelagos

Nothing at all tbh. It's amazing how a really long cycle ride, a stop in a beauty spot and a ride home can relax you :-)

I hope you are only out around an hour? Another thing people are bending to their own advantage. 10 mile bike rides or 8 mile hikes. That was never what was meant.
What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:55 - Apr 12 with 1850 viewsr2d2

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 18:57 - Apr 11 by WD19

What if they decided to buy the bike in January but only completed the transaction recently?

And/or if the bike is from Luxembourg.

Thing is, these bikes will be put away and never used again in a couple of months. In fact they have sat on the front of their drive for 4 days and havent moved, probably never will again.
What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 10:19 - Apr 12 with 1839 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 16:55 - Apr 11 by textbackup

the dog situation is something I picked up on early doors.
all these poxy dog owners that now seem like they need to walk the mut everyday that previously didn't give two fcks about doing it.
mine goes out twice a day, every day, any weather, regardless of how fcked I am after a night shift. and I haven't seen 90% of these dogs and owners.
the times of day vary for me too, so I cover a big timescale

You’re probably right, but I would add that I’d probably fall into that bracket to anyone local to me as previously I would stick the dogs in the car after dinner and head up to a field, but now am taking them round the block a couple of times instead most days as driving somewhere for exercise seems to be a no-no

(Obviously this rather depends where you live though)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 14:05 - Apr 12 with 1790 viewsbluelagos

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:53 - Apr 12 by r2d2

I hope you are only out around an hour? Another thing people are bending to their own advantage. 10 mile bike rides or 8 mile hikes. That was never what was meant.

You can hope all you want pal. But last time I checked it had sfa to do with you.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 20:25 - Apr 12 with 1735 viewsGeoffSentence

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 16:49 - Apr 11 by r2d2

There are dogs round here being walked that havent been out their gardens in 15 years. Neighbours on bikes who have never been any further than the garden gate before this. One set of neighbours who have been here 9 years have bought bikes especially. Before that they barely staggered from the front door to the car. I notice they are pushing them more than actually riding them.

It is great that people are discovering the joys of the open air.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 20:31 - Apr 12 with 1721 viewsGeoffSentence

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:53 - Apr 12 by r2d2

Where does this 'hour' thing come from? I am hearing that a lot recently, but it is not in the government guidelines

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 20:39 - Apr 12 with 1715 viewsNthQldITFC

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 15:21 - Apr 11 by britbiker

Dog walkers who refuse to use a lead on their pets. Socially distancing is somewhat harder when their pet refuses to obey its owner and follows your dog along the walk. Plus why are so many dog walkers not clearing up their pets poop now. Guessing more are walking at night so dont get seen.

That's shameful. Whenever I find that I don't have a bag on me, I always pick it up gingerly with my bare hands and carry it home. And I don't even have a dog.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 21:32 - Apr 12 with 1697 viewsJonBlue

It's a difficult one, I can see the potential annoyance caused by over zealous neighbours.

As one of those 'key workers' who has no choice but to be in contact with dozens of people daily without any form of PPE, it niggles me that people who have the privilege of being able to stay at home, either because of home working or government furlough handouts can't be bothered to make the most of that privilege and selfishly want to ignore or bend official advice putting themselves and others at risk unnecessarily.

It's like some people can't see how fortunate they are. So what you're bored, you've a lower chance of dying if you behave responsibly.
What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 01:46 - Apr 13 with 1651 viewsjeera

Possibly not a great deal more.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 01:53 - Apr 13 with 1650 viewsvapour_trail

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 16:55 - Apr 11 by textbackup

the dog situation is something I picked up on early doors.
all these poxy dog owners that now seem like they need to walk the mut everyday that previously didn't give two fcks about doing it.
mine goes out twice a day, every day, any weather, regardless of how fcked I am after a night shift. and I haven't seen 90% of these dogs and owners.
the times of day vary for me too, so I cover a big timescale

Texters and the droid appear to be spending the lockdown twitching their net curtains searching for a bit of canine based excitement.

Calm down boys, get into the lefty bumfest.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 02:00 - Apr 13 with 1645 viewsjeera

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 01:53 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

Texters and the droid appear to be spending the lockdown twitching their net curtains searching for a bit of canine based excitement.

Calm down boys, get into the lefty bumfest.

To be fair, if I have Texters right, he's more annoyed at bad dog owners.

I have a neighbour who doesn't seem to realise his dogs need to go out.

In 3 years I've never laid eyes on them, yet they bark crazily every day.

That or he just has recordings strapped to skateboards that he rolls towards the back gate each time someone dares to walk by.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:42 - Apr 13 with 1586 viewsCoastalblue

Joggers, runners, whatever you want to call them.

The vast majority of people when out are great, leaving space and keeping their distance.

Then you've got the joggers who have their earphones in and for whom the only thing that matters in the world is their run and the quickest route from A-B regardless of who else happens to be along the way.

They are consistently the worst by a country, well inner city, mile round here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:51 - Apr 13 with 1563 viewsr2d2

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 14:05 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

You can hope all you want pal. But last time I checked it had sfa to do with you.

20 mile bike rides, 15 mile hikes, 10 mile runs etc is just bending things. Reasonable exercise never meant spending 5 hours out at a time.
What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 10:19 - Apr 13 with 1554 viewsmr_bean

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 09:51 - Apr 13 by r2d2

20 mile bike rides, 15 mile hikes, 10 mile runs etc is just bending things. Reasonable exercise never meant spending 5 hours out at a time.

The thing is, if you live in a rural area and go for a 15-mile bike ride, alone, along country lanes that are all but deserted, WTF does it matter?

You're not going anywhere near other people, and you have no intention of doing so.

You have to realise that there's a world of difference between a 15-mile bike ride around a populated area and a 15-mile bike ride out in the sticks. If you live in the sticks, and go for a 15-mile ride that starts and ends at home, it really doesn't matter does it?
What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 10:29 - Apr 13 with 1538 viewsBrixtonBlue

You've been following them all the way to where they're going with them?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 11:27 - Apr 13 with 1501 viewsRyorry

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 10:19 - Apr 13 by mr_bean

The thing is, if you live in a rural area and go for a 15-mile bike ride, alone, along country lanes that are all but deserted, WTF does it matter?

You're not going anywhere near other people, and you have no intention of doing so.

You have to realise that there's a world of difference between a 15-mile bike ride around a populated area and a 15-mile bike ride out in the sticks. If you live in the sticks, and go for a 15-mile ride that starts and ends at home, it really doesn't matter does it?

And a 15 mile ride woud probably take less than an hour anyway?

I do think cyclists should be required to carry bells and use them though - have twice been caught unawares by cyclists whizzing by rather close & unheard, with my dog being very startled & reacting by turning his head into the verge out of fright, which means his back end swings out & could be badly knocked.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:38 - Apr 13 with 1479 viewsGeoffSentence

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 11:27 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

And a 15 mile ride woud probably take less than an hour anyway?

I do think cyclists should be required to carry bells and use them though - have twice been caught unawares by cyclists whizzing by rather close & unheard, with my dog being very startled & reacting by turning his head into the verge out of fright, which means his back end swings out & could be badly knocked.

It's a funny thing, the law, new bikes have to be sold with bells, but you don't actually have to have them on your bike.

I bought mine second hand and it didnt come with a bell, though I have thought it would be handy to have one, though mostly for those people who walk on the wrong side of the road with their back to the oncoming traffic so dont know that I'm coming.

Really must get one.

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:56 - Apr 13 with 1465 viewsbluelagos

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 10:19 - Apr 13 by mr_bean

Indeed sir. Poor bloke would wet himself if I posted up my ride today.

And during those Xmiles and & Y hours I saw precisely 3 other cyclists.

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:58 - Apr 13 with 1459 viewsStokieBlue

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 20:31 - Apr 12 by GeoffSentence

Where does this 'hour' thing come from? I am hearing that a lot recently, but it is not in the government guidelines

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

It was in the Irish guidelines and then Gove said something about it but it was never actually part of the UK guidelines.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:58 - Apr 13 with 1457 viewsbluelagos

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:38 - Apr 13 by GeoffSentence

It's a funny thing, the law, new bikes have to be sold with bells, but you don't actually have to have them on your bike.

I bought mine second hand and it didnt come with a bell, though I have thought it would be handy to have one, though mostly for those people who walk on the wrong side of the road with their back to the oncoming traffic so dont know that I'm coming.

Really must get one.

I've taken to a "Excuse me please" cos most pedestrians can't hear the bell anyway, especially if on the phone / listening to music.

Think the lack of cars is giving a few a false sense of security atm.

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 14:04 - Apr 13 with 1448 viewsRyorry

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:38 - Apr 13 by GeoffSentence

Really must get one.

Round here, some people seem to have taken to driving/cycling on the right (ie wrong) side of the road. Many neighbours have commented on how fast & badly some people are driving now, esp on our narrow, twisty country lanes - apparently because they think there's no-one else on the roads. Crazily irresponsible.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? Nothing but on 14:04 - Apr 13 with 1448 viewsTractorWood

The word community. I hear it on every bit of coverage in seemingly any context. It has now become totally meaningless.

Van drivers who drive 70 on every road because there is no traffic. I've seen so many supermarket delivery vans nearly roll at the roundabout near me.

The Government's shamelessly duplicitous standards on everything. Micheal Gove's daughter can get a covid test but a nurse on a 12 hour night shift can't. The Churchillian quotes and war like rhetoric spewed out everyday when they actually just need a load more masks, gowns and to test every key worker.

I really worry about the return to normality. This Government has two modes of operating. Looking like a shambles whilst being a shambles or looking in control whilst being a shambles.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 14:11]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 14:19 - Apr 13 with 1427 viewsTractorWood

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 13:58 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

It was in the Irish guidelines and then Gove said something about it but it was never actually part of the UK guidelines.

SB

There was a famous Ironman athlete who got pelters a few weeks ago for a 200 mile ride:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-norfolk-52095047

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? on 20:20 - Apr 14 with 1342 viewsEwan_Oozami

The "Did somebody say Just Eat" adverts..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024