Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London is never getting out of lockdown 22:01 - Apr 23 with 2813 viewsElderGrizzly

Westminster Bridge again tonight...🙄

London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:03 - Apr 23 with 2292 viewsThe_Last_Baron

This applause nonsense has outstayed its welcome. The first week was fine, now it's tedious and achieves nothing but winding the public up. People have been cooked up in their flats and houses for weeks and they see this lot acting like pr1cks and then ask what's the point.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:06 - Apr 23 with 2276 viewsElderGrizzly

London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:03 - Apr 23 by The_Last_Baron

This applause nonsense has outstayed its welcome. The first week was fine, now it's tedious and achieves nothing but winding the public up. People have been cooked up in their flats and houses for weeks and they see this lot acting like pr1cks and then ask what's the point.

There are crowds drinking on the embankment like this is a party. It’s ridiculous and each week encourages more to join them.

Stay at home is a simple enough message.

Unless these people are trolls living under the Bridge, then f*ck off back home and stop Increasing the risk of extending the lockdown In severity or length
London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:14 - Apr 23 with 2218 viewsFtnfwest

The last 2 or 3 weeks we’ve had videos posted with similar scenes at the local hospital with a couple of hundred NHS staff and some public packed together during the event outside the hospital.
London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:56 - Apr 23 with 2121 viewsbournemouthblue

London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:14 - Apr 23 by Ftnfwest

The last 2 or 3 weeks we’ve had videos posted with similar scenes at the local hospital with a couple of hundred NHS staff and some public packed together during the event outside the hospital.

Where about is that?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

London is never getting out of lockdown on 23:19 - Apr 23 with 2075 viewsmonytowbray

Tw@ts tonight set fireworks off and scared the crap out of my cat who was outside. She’s had a rough past bless her and flips out a bit if a door slams too hard.

It’s almost become a parody of itself now. A lovely nationwide gesture and probably one the only moments outside of Football I’ve felt some level of pride in my nationality. But clapping means sweet f’ all if the a large chunk of the country are not going to consider the massive cognitive dissonance in their voting habits.

These people were heroes before this all happened already, when they were underpaid and literally demonised if they were foreign.

Clapping still? Ha. Get to f*ck.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

London is never getting out of lockdown on 23:32 - Apr 23 with 2035 viewsLord_Lucan

London is never getting out of lockdown on 23:19 - Apr 23 by monytowbray

Tw@ts tonight set fireworks off and scared the crap out of my cat who was outside. She’s had a rough past bless her and flips out a bit if a door slams too hard.

It’s almost become a parody of itself now. A lovely nationwide gesture and probably one the only moments outside of Football I’ve felt some level of pride in my nationality. But clapping means sweet f’ all if the a large chunk of the country are not going to consider the massive cognitive dissonance in their voting habits.

These people were heroes before this all happened already, when they were underpaid and literally demonised if they were foreign.

Stop slamming your door.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

London is never getting out of lockdown on 23:43 - Apr 23 with 2008 viewsmonytowbray

London is never getting out of lockdown on 23:32 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

Stop slamming your door.

My don’t but she nearly jumped a mile when my Dad shut the shed earlier.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

London is never getting out of lockdown on 00:14 - Apr 24 with 1954 viewsSpruceMoose

For once I agree with you. It's the same over here. A camera crew rocked up last night to film the applause. Every fúcker and his wife, whipping off the old masks, crammed together to get their mugs on TV.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

London is never getting out of lockdown on 06:48 - Apr 24 with 1776 viewsm14_blue

I make you right.

It’s run its course
London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:20 - Apr 24 with 1716 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I think it's quickly becoming a big 'look at me'/validation-seeking exercise.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:23 - Apr 24 with 1709 viewsbluelagos

London has a population of around 6-7m? The people not socially distancing on the various bridges numbered a few 100?

Not to say they are not being silly, all for the purpose of some social media pictures.

But putting the numbers into perspective mightn't be a bad idea.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:43 - Apr 24 with 1661 viewsEly_Blue

London is never getting out of lockdown on 23:19 - Apr 23 by monytowbray

I say that the police should arrest all of the tvvats on the bridge and terraces that are flouting the law and the government rules, then maybe people will start to think twice about it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:48 - Apr 24 with 1649 viewsbluelagos

London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:43 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

I say that the police should arrest all of the tvvats on the bridge and terraces that are flouting the law and the government rules, then maybe people will start to think twice about it

Have you followed the ongoing riots in Paris? Over strict enforcement will almost certainly lead to social problems down the line.

And logistically, we simply don't have the police numbers or the cells to arrest everyone who isn't maintaining a 2m distance.

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:04 - Apr 24 with 1611 viewsEly_Blue

London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:48 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

Have you followed the ongoing riots in Paris? Over strict enforcement will almost certainly lead to social problems down the line.

And logistically, we simply don't have the police numbers or the cells to arrest everyone who isn't maintaining a 2m distance.

Fair enough you can’t arrest everyone flouting the 2m rule who happened to be walking across the bridge but those on the south bank etc should be arrested or slapped with fines that make them think anout their actions on the wider community.

I’d rather have social problems further down the line than more deaths than are necessary, people criticise the government for not introducing lockdown sooner but don’t back it being enforced, the government can only do so much if morons like this at the bottom of the gene pool think that things don’t apply to them.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:10 - Apr 24 with 1595 viewsbluelagos

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:04 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

Fair enough you can’t arrest everyone flouting the 2m rule who happened to be walking across the bridge but those on the south bank etc should be arrested or slapped with fines that make them think anout their actions on the wider community.

I’d rather have social problems further down the line than more deaths than are necessary, people criticise the government for not introducing lockdown sooner but don’t back it being enforced, the government can only do so much if morons like this at the bottom of the gene pool think that things don’t apply to them.

I think moving people on / warnings and fines are all part of the police tactics. They do seem sometimes to be reluctant to use them, but they are the people who will have to police London in the coming months.

I'd agree they should use the powers they have to enforce the rules, no issues at all with that.

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:12 - Apr 24 with 1592 viewsdickie

It has created a lovely community spirit on my road - last night people who had previously never said a word to each other stood outside for a further 15 minutes chatting (observing the 2 metre rule (most stayed on their driveways). I agree fireworks and people ignoring the 2m rule are terrible but that is surely a minority? From my experience this is just a way of bringing people and communities together in trying circumstances whilst honouring our hardworking front line staff (who are risking their lives let us not forget)
London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:32 - Apr 24 with 1544 viewsLeaky

London is never getting out of lockdown on 07:48 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

Saw something on FB about riots in France, Aassumed it was fake news. Strange its not mentioned on the news channels.
London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:40 - Apr 24 with 1518 viewsbluelagos

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:32 - Apr 24 by Leaky

Saw something on FB about riots in France, Aassumed it was fake news. Strange its not mentioned on the news channels.

4 nights consecutively. Was reported in the I paper yesterday. Few bits floating around but not getting much coverage for sure.

London is never getting out of lockdown on 09:00 - Apr 24 with 1481 viewsIPS_wich

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:04 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

I might be wrong but I think all those people on the South Bank were on the terrace of St Thomas' hospital which is on the southern end of Westminster Bridge. A fair few of them looked like they were wearing NHS uniforms. If so, then the mind truly boggles!!
London is never getting out of lockdown on 09:28 - Apr 24 with 1436 viewsLord_Lucan

London is never getting out of lockdown on 08:32 - Apr 24 by Leaky

In Italy people are firing Fireworks at police helicopters.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

London is never getting out of lockdown on 09:31 - Apr 24 with 1435 viewsPinewoodblue

London is never getting out of lockdown on 09:00 - Apr 24 by IPS_wich

I might be wrong but I think all those people on the South Bank were on the terrace of St Thomas' hospital which is on the southern end of Westminster Bridge. A fair few of them looked like they were wearing NHS uniforms. If so, then the mind truly boggles!!

Last week they had cameras at the main hospital in Norwich. Assorted NHS staff stood shoulder to shoulder clapping back.

Someone needs to put a stop to it. Doorstep or window only. No NHS staff to respond.

Why do people think they have immunity. A friend who works at a London hospital regularly posts, on Facebook, a group photo of the staff on their COVID-19 ward prior to shift. Calls it team spirit/ togetherness.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

London is never getting out of lockdown on 10:15 - Apr 24 with 1375 viewsjontysnut

London is never getting out of lockdown on 22:06 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

There are crowds drinking on the embankment like this is a party. It’s ridiculous and each week encourages more to join them.

Stay at home is a simple enough message.

Unless these people are trolls living under the Bridge, then f*ck off back home and stop Increasing the risk of extending the lockdown In severity or length

It's outside St Thomas's hospital?
London is never getting out of lockdown on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 1349 viewsSwansea_Blue

London is never getting out of lockdown on 09:31 - Apr 24 by Pinewoodblue

Last week they had cameras at the main hospital in Norwich. Assorted NHS staff stood shoulder to shoulder clapping back.

Someone needs to put a stop to it. Doorstep or window only. No NHS staff to respond.

Why do people think they have immunity. A friend who works at a London hospital regularly posts, on Facebook, a group photo of the staff on their COVID-19 ward prior to shift. Calls it team spirit/ togetherness.

Thoise NHS staff are having to work shoulder to shoulder, so I doubt it makes much difference to them tbh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

London is never getting out of lockdown on 10:29 - Apr 24 with 1338 viewsm14_blue

London is never getting out of lockdown on 10:24 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Thoise NHS staff are having to work shoulder to shoulder, so I doubt it makes much difference to them tbh.

Quite, NHS staff obviously can’t keep 2m apart.
London is never getting out of lockdown on 10:29 - Apr 24 with 1340 viewsitfcjoe

Does seem silly to almost glamourise this as a location for it, as seems to attract people.

I can understand the filming outside hospitals, but really it should stick to that, and communities where are those on their doorstep to encourage what *should* be being done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024