Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four into two 08:57 - Aug 19 with 5223 viewsIpswichKnight

We have a bit of a quandary coming up, we have 4 number 10’s and realistically only 2 spots available one starting and one on the bench, so who starts and who’s in the bench out of

Bishop
Judge
El-Miz
Dobra

It sounds like Dobra will be used more as a wide player so think we can discount him for the moment.

That leaves Bishop, Judge and El-Miz fighting it out for 2 spots. For me I’d pick Bishop and El-Miz, El-Miz as he offers a goal threat and set piece too but I suspect he will currently be the one to miss out.

Was heartening to have all 4 play well though!
Four into two on 08:59 - Aug 19 with 2750 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Injuries will mean we rarely have all 4 available. Judge may be played out wide sometimes. You have already stated Dobra will play elsewhere if at all. So it is likely mostly 2 players for the 2 slots with the question of who is first choice and who is on the bench. I doubt Bishop will complete many 90 minutes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Four into two on 09:00 - Aug 19 with 2739 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...and Lankester can also play as a 10.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Four into two on 09:04 - Aug 19 with 2717 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think Bish may play wide a fair bit as well. Judge showed his class last night and with a pre-season behind him might just have the season we expected of him last season. El Miz looks really good too of course. I expect Judge will start the season in the team. El Miz to get plenty of 30 mins when Judge gets tired. That would be ideal actually. El Miz to start cup games etc and lets see if he can take the shirt full time.

We have a big strong squad you have to say!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Four into two on 09:10 - Aug 19 with 2693 viewsKeno

what about Doz?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Four into two on 09:10 - Aug 19 with 2691 viewsWallingford_Boy

After last night, same with goalkeepers!

I imagine it'll

Cornell
Holy
Plug Jnr
Prizzy

In that order

RIP Sir Bobby

Four into two on 09:14 - Aug 19 with 2674 viewstractorboy1978

We have a lot of options in the 10 and wide positions:

Edwards
Lankester
El-Miz
Dobra
Judge
Jackson (he's not a central striker in that system)
Sears

I still think we will see a lot of rotation this season, we have even more games in an even shorter space of time than last season. But hopefully this time it's rotation into a set system with clearly defined roles.
Four into two on 09:15 - Aug 19 with 2669 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Four into two on 09:10 - Aug 19 by Wallingford_Boy

After last night, same with goalkeepers!

I imagine it'll

Cornell
Holy
Plug Jnr
Prizzy

In that order

It will be interesting to see how Cornell compares to Holy but I hope he makes a quick decision and sticks with the one he sees as better until there is very good reason to change.

I also suspect there is little between Wright and Przybeck. Sounds like Wright did well last night.

Four into two on 09:15 - Aug 19 with 2674 viewsHerbivore

Hoping someone might come and take Judge off our hands. He's blocking the development of others and hasn't done enough to deserve a regular start after 18 months here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Four into two on 09:18 - Aug 19 with 2658 viewsWallingford_Boy

Four into two on 09:15 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

It will be interesting to see how Cornell compares to Holy but I hope he makes a quick decision and sticks with the one he sees as better until there is very good reason to change.

I also suspect there is little between Wright and Przybeck. Sounds like Wright did well last night.

I just think he is not sure on Holy, signing a very similar keeper in terms of experience makes me think he sees Cornell as number one.

I might be wrong, just my thoughts!

RIP Sir Bobby

Four into two on 09:22 - Aug 19 with 2640 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Four into two on 09:18 - Aug 19 by Wallingford_Boy

I just think he is not sure on Holy, signing a very similar keeper in terms of experience makes me think he sees Cornell as number one.

Might be that he likes that close competition for his number one keeper. I just hope he doesn't keep changing them. They need to know where they stand and gain confidence that one mistake isn't going to be the end for them.

Four into two on 09:28 - Aug 19 with 2604 viewshype313

Four into two on 09:18 - Aug 19 by Wallingford_Boy

I don't think that's the case, I think it's more to do with the fact that we have one League One capable Keeper and two youth players who are to early in their careers to throw in, so it makes sense to have two readily available, experienced Keepers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Four into two on 09:29 - Aug 19 with 2588 viewsSuperblue95

All four of those can play other positions so it’s not a big deal.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Four into two on 09:30 - Aug 19 with 2587 viewsKeno

Four into two on 09:28 - Aug 19 by hype313

I don't think that's the case, I think it's more to do with the fact that we have one League One capable Keeper and two youth players who are to early in their careers to throw in, so it makes sense to have two readily available, experienced Keepers.

pah, get you with your common sense straight forward answer!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Four into two on 09:31 - Aug 19 with 2579 viewshype313

Four into two on 09:30 - Aug 19 by Keno

pah, get you with your common sense straight forward answer!!

I know, what am I thinking, need to get back to the usual blunder and waffle sharpish!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Four into two on 09:35 - Aug 19 with 2560 viewshomer_123

Nolan?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Four into two on 09:38 - Aug 19 with 2556 viewsGarv

Isn't this what rotation is for?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Four into two on 09:47 - Aug 19 with 2528 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Four into two on 09:15 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

Hoping someone might come and take Judge off our hands. He's blocking the development of others and hasn't done enough to deserve a regular start after 18 months here.

Judge was singled out last night as excellent. Let's see him with a pre-season behind him. If the kids are good enough they'll challenge him. I can't see him being anything but good for the youngsters. Good pro and he is a really clever, intelligent player who they will learn bags from. Argument that he is ideal for them to help them through. Can really see El Mizouni and Dobs getting plenty of game time early on coming in for Judge last 20-30 and building them up to more starts. More to come from Judge and if he plays like last season then it will just speed El Mizouni into that starting spot. No problem.

Four into two on 09:53 - Aug 19 with 2512 viewsLibero

I'd only call Judge and Dobra number 10's out of the four you've listed there...
Four into two on 10:30 - Aug 19 with 2445 viewsHerbivore

Four into two on 09:47 - Aug 19 by Terry_Nutkins

Judge was singled out last night as excellent. Let's see him with a pre-season behind him. If the kids are good enough they'll challenge him. I can't see him being anything but good for the youngsters. Good pro and he is a really clever, intelligent player who they will learn bags from. Argument that he is ideal for them to help them through. Can really see El Mizouni and Dobs getting plenty of game time early on coming in for Judge last 20-30 and building them up to more starts. More to come from Judge and if he plays like last season then it will just speed El Mizouni into that starting spot. No problem.

It was a 75 minute kick about against Colchester, mate. A lack of preseason doesn't explain his underwhelming contribution in 2018/19 and it's hard to use that as an excuse for him still playing poorly post-Xmas last season. He'd had plenty of time to get up to speed. Plus it was a wrist injury keeping him out last preseason so it's not like he wasn't training at all. I think the excuses wear a bit thin after a while.

He's probably our highest paid player, he's certainly top three. I think keeping him around because the youngsters might learn from him is hard to justify. If anypne was up for taking his wages off our books I'd drive him there myself. I'd wish him well as he seems a decent lad and a good pro, but he's just not done it here at all and I'd rather see our talented youngsters given the freedom that he's enjoyed and not made use of here.

Four into two on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 2433 viewsHerbivore

Four into two on 09:53 - Aug 19 by Libero

I'd only call Judge and Dobra number 10's out of the four you've listed there...

Yep. Bishop and El Miz are really number 8s. That said if we're playing a 4-3-3 then one of the midfield three will be a bit more advanced and arguably that's the spot these guys are likely to be all competing for. It's kind of midway between an 8 and a 10 role.

Four into two on 11:40 - Aug 19 with 2354 viewsChrisd

Four into two on 09:22 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Might be that he likes that close competition for his number one keeper. I just hope he doesn't keep changing them. They need to know where they stand and gain confidence that one mistake isn't going to be the end for them.

Very true. You're playing with fear if it is based on one mistake, which isn't helpful, you can't play your natural game. Playing under that type of pressure will make you not want to go and gather a cross or get off your line quickly to sweep up just in case there is an error of judgement.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Four into two on 12:10 - Aug 19 with 2317 viewsjayessess

Bishop's best season for us (his breakthrough season) was as a box-to-box midfielder in a 2.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Four into two on 12:11 - Aug 19 with 2313 viewsLibero

Four into two on 12:10 - Aug 19 by jayessess

Bishop's best season for us (his breakthrough season) was as a box-to-box midfielder in a 2.

I felt he played more of a playmaker role, mostly deep lying. This is why Mick Mills often compared him to Ray Wilkins.
Four into two on 12:48 - Aug 19 with 2254 viewsjayessess

Four into two on 12:11 - Aug 19 by Libero

I felt he played more of a playmaker role, mostly deep lying. This is why Mick Mills often compared him to Ray Wilkins.

either way, no particular reason to imagine he'd have to fit into the number 10 role...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Four into two on 08:10 - Aug 20 with 2028 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Four into two on 10:30 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

It was a 75 minute kick about against Colchester, mate. A lack of preseason doesn't explain his underwhelming contribution in 2018/19 and it's hard to use that as an excuse for him still playing poorly post-Xmas last season. He'd had plenty of time to get up to speed. Plus it was a wrist injury keeping him out last preseason so it's not like he wasn't training at all. I think the excuses wear a bit thin after a while.

He's probably our highest paid player, he's certainly top three. I think keeping him around because the youngsters might learn from him is hard to justify. If anypne was up for taking his wages off our books I'd drive him there myself. I'd wish him well as he seems a decent lad and a good pro, but he's just not done it here at all and I'd rather see our talented youngsters given the freedom that he's enjoyed and not made use of here.

I think it's well documented he had a fair bit going on as well as the injury and he was trying too hard. I think a culmination of things. Whatever the reasons there is no doubt he didn't live up to what we expected. Poor seasons can happen (he wasn't dreadful by any means though btw). You can't really question his actual ability though an

I don't think the 'youngsters might' learn from him. They absolutely WILL learn from him and I don't get your concern over his wages now with the cap. We can't spend the saving and we certainly won't get a Judge calibre older for £1300 a week.

Can't wait to El Miz performing but it's unlikely that he'll be able to play week in and week out at the required level at this stage. Judge will be important. There is no negative to having him around post salary cap. When his full wages count then there becomes a different story unless he is performing at top level. Think he'll have a better season. I like that he has talked about the fact he has settled the family here. Important.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024