Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 15:51 - Oct 10 with 3624 viewscleggo

For all the rubbish that's been said on here in the past week about a very able deputy we have at LB who, by the way, is one of our own he's barely put at foot wrong in that first half. Great to see him prove the doubters wrong

Even more impressive considering he's completely nullified Blackpools star man of the season in CJ Hamilton

Kenlock on 15:53 - Oct 10 with 3118 viewswkj

He's played well today, but the critisism of him leading up to this game was valid. If he can make how he's played so far today close to his regular standard, it would be win win for everyone.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kenlock on 15:54 - Oct 10 with 3091 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure you can counter the evidence of 50+ matches with 45 minutes against Blackpool.

He's done well thus far though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kenlock on 15:56 - Oct 10 with 3060 viewsChrisd

It appears he's playing well. Hopefully, he can find that consistency with his performance through playing regularly, he's not a youngster anymore

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kenlock on 15:58 - Oct 10 with 3031 viewsflimflam

Can be great but then can equally be bad.

If he can put a run of consistent games together there is a player in there.

Think he is a confidence player so a few good early moments in a game he is usually fine.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Kenlock on 15:58 - Oct 10 with 3030 viewscleggo

personally think much of the criticism has been way over the top. He's never going to be the best left back in the world, that's why he's a second choice in L1.

Having said that, I think he could easily be a starter and a solid player for a middle of the league side in this division and we're lucky to have him as deputy. It's a little too easy to criticise someone who's stepping in here and there for not being fully at it
Kenlock on 15:58 - Oct 10 with 3020 viewsHerbivore

He's had a good half, pleased to see it. Edwards and Dozzer have helped provide cover when needed and he's worked well alongside Wilson too. Solid performance, which is all he needs to put in. Did well for the second goal too. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock on 16:00 - Oct 10 with 2990 viewsBent_double

Assuming we go on to win this game, and he doesn't make any errors/get injured, I guess that means he plays next weekend too, even if Ward is fit, so he's got a great opportunity to keep Ward out of the side for now.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Kenlock on 16:02 - Oct 10 with 2971 viewsitfcjoe

He's never that bad when he starts, is no more than average generally but that is enough most of the time

He's a throwback to the 70s and 80s where a reseve player would hang around for 7 or 8 seasons and play 100 games over that time as and when needed.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 16:04 - Oct 10 with 2941 viewsChrisd

Kenlock on 15:58 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

He's had a good half, pleased to see it. Edwards and Dozzer have helped provide cover when needed and he's worked well alongside Wilson too. Solid performance, which is all he needs to put in. Did well for the second goal too. Hopefully he keeps it up.

So, is Kenlock ok to play next week after you hammered him with your assessment during the week?

Kenlock on 16:05 - Oct 10 with 2928 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 16:04 - Oct 10 by Chrisd

So, is Kenlock ok to play next week after you hammered him with your assessment during the week?

We'll see. If Ward is fully fit then he comes back in. Look, my view on Kenlock is based on watching him many times over the years. I don't think he's good enough but I'm happy he's had a decent first half today. It's not like I want him to play badly.

Kenlock on 16:08 - Oct 10 with 2914 viewsChrisd

Kenlock on 16:05 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

We'll see. If Ward is fully fit then he comes back in. Look, my view on Kenlock is based on watching him many times over the years. I don't think he's good enough but I'm happy he's had a decent first half today. It's not like I want him to play badly.

No agree with the decision about Ward, he's the first choice LB but Kenlock would benefit from a good run of games. He comes in, then goes out of the side and then comes back in a few months later and we all expect him to perform to a high standard. I hope he continues to play well, it would be good if he gives PL a tough decision to make when Ward is fit for selection.

Kenlock on 16:10 - Oct 10 with 2899 viewswkj

Kenlock on 16:05 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Indeed. I think many people put too much stock on being right over seeing the standard of a player change and improve. That said, Kenlock has given himself a confidence booster today and it's his and his alone to lose.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kenlock on 16:15 - Oct 10 with 2854 viewsDarth_Koont

A lot of his issue is confidence and he got better as the game has gone on.

But he has to stop that turn inside and immediately back that he tends to do far too often. Ward in comparison has his head up and looking forward, with the safe pass becoming the last option rather than the first one.

Hope he pushes on further second half and gets into the attacking positions we know he can take from a few years ago.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kenlock on 16:16 - Oct 10 with 2845 viewsAYACCA

To be fair his FIFA stats aren't great
Kenlock on 16:58 - Oct 10 with 2735 viewsSarge

Decent enough today and should be good enough cover until Ward is back. Think having Edwards in front of him helps a lot, don’t think it’s a coincidence their goal came in the period Judge and Edwards switched sides.

Not sure what’s happened to Huws though. Pretty sloppy in possession and played more than a couple of dodgy passes, hopefully Nolan back sooner rather than later.
Kenlock on 17:06 - Oct 10 with 2654 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock on 16:08 - Oct 10 by Chrisd

No agree with the decision about Ward, he's the first choice LB but Kenlock would benefit from a good run of games. He comes in, then goes out of the side and then comes back in a few months later and we all expect him to perform to a high standard. I hope he continues to play well, it would be good if he gives PL a tough decision to make when Ward is fit for selection.

The difference Ward makes is his experience and organising others around him. I don't think there is any doubt Ward returns once fit but Kenlock's performance today shows there is no need to rush Ward back or find another player to cover.

Another thing to note is that rustiness. Both Huws and Jackson showed that today. Neither got to the pace of the game and that is thanks to not playing. It was Lambert's thinking in rotating last season and the price we will pay for not doing so (rightly in my view) is that players that do have to come in may need a game or two to get up to speed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock on 17:20 - Oct 10 with 2588 viewsDarth_Koont

Kenlock on 16:58 - Oct 10 by Sarge

Decent enough today and should be good enough cover until Ward is back. Think having Edwards in front of him helps a lot, don’t think it’s a coincidence their goal came in the period Judge and Edwards switched sides.

Not sure what’s happened to Huws though. Pretty sloppy in possession and played more than a couple of dodgy passes, hopefully Nolan back sooner rather than later.

Yep, Judge was ball-watching and left the Blackpool player the space to get a free cross in.

Thought Judge was a bit of a passenger today. I know he looks busy but for me there’s not enough return that we might as well have Bennetts, Lankester or Jackson out wide and causing defenders a little bit more panic.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kenlock on 17:28 - Oct 10 with 2537 viewsJ2BLUE

Perfectly adequate back up LB to step in for the odd game or two. If Ward was out longer term it would be an issue but we aren't going to get a better back up LB within the salary cap.

We should collectively treat him better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kenlock on 17:32 - Oct 10 with 2496 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 17:20 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

Yep, Judge was ball-watching and left the Blackpool player the space to get a free cross in.

Thought Judge was a bit of a passenger today. I know he looks busy but for me there’s not enough return that we might as well have Bennetts, Lankester or Jackson out wide and causing defenders a little bit more panic.

Not sure Judge has any place in the side. Useful bench option for Bishop but that's his role now imo. Doesn't offer enough in the wide forward role.

Kenlock on 17:34 - Oct 10 with 2474 viewsSomethingBlue

Kenlock on 17:32 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Not sure Judge has any place in the side. Useful bench option for Bishop but that's his role now imo. Doesn't offer enough in the wide forward role.

To give him his due, he worked hard in there (as they all did) and didn't shirk a challenge either. Didn't offer much on the ball but if he's happy to come in there and do the required job off it then it's a good start.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 17:34 - Oct 10 with 2471 viewsbournemouthblue

Great game Kenlock, unlike others, I have never doubted you

A perfectly capable left back at this level I'd suggest

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kenlock on 17:35 - Oct 10 with 2455 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I have said that he is good enough at this level. Understand some of the criticism, but some will knock for knockings sake. Out of his depth at Championship level, but should be fine in L1.
Kenlock on 17:40 - Oct 10 with 2411 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 17:34 - Oct 10 by SomethingBlue

To give him his due, he worked hard in there (as they all did) and didn't shirk a challenge either. Didn't offer much on the ball but if he's happy to come in there and do the required job off it then it's a good start.

Working hard is a bare minimum expectation though in fairness. As you said, everyone worked hard today. When you're playing in a front three you need to carry threat as well and Judge just doesn't offer that, sadly. Decent bench option for Bishop for me but shouldn't be starting games and certainly not in a front three.

Kenlock on 17:42 - Oct 10 with 2392 viewsreusersfreekicks

Kenlock on 17:40 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Working hard is a bare minimum expectation though in fairness. As you said, everyone worked hard today. When you're playing in a front three you need to carry threat as well and Judge just doesn't offer that, sadly. Decent bench option for Bishop for me but shouldn't be starting games and certainly not in a front three.

Think that's right - need more mobility,pace and threat on the flanks. Judge better as the furthermost forward of the middle 3
Kenlock on 17:43 - Oct 10 with 2380 viewsSomethingBlue

Kenlock on 17:40 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Agreed on that re front three, certainly in the longer term. Bennetts showed a few flashes that he'll be a good option (as I'm certain he will be, in fact) and Lankester/Sears offer more incision than Judge. Edwards has given Lambert an interesting problem today because it's hard to see how Freddie gets back in on that flank, even though his intelligence and burgeoning relationship with Ward are welcome.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:44]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024