Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) 13:07 - Oct 29 with 25654 viewsEwan_Oozami

According to my highly dodgy Twitter feed...
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 13:10]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:33 - Oct 30 with 956 viewsmonytowbray

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:20 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

With all due respect, 'the Tories are racist' is well....Tuesday. 'Labour are racist' is news because well, historically they've been much, much better about this. The fact that they've failed as badly badly as this and people are STILL trying to excuse it by saying 'yes but the other lot are worse'.

Just because the alternatives are worse, doesn't mean you should stop striving to be better.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 22:27]

That’s not what I’m saying though. My point is when two parties are held to different standards you don’t really have a fair democracy.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:34 - Oct 30 with 947 viewsvindicatedblue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:15 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Here we go.

As you know, I didn’t say that individual comment was “pretty accurate”. There were two others as well re: the coordinating involvement of the Israeli embassy and the ex-embassy official in charge of the JLM.

You seem to accept those yourself as you haven’t challenged me. But I was very clear that the last one needed more evidence or it should be retracted.

So 2 pretty clear comments and a 3rd that sees those first 2 linked although needing more evidence of a direct link. So yeah, I’m happy with “pretty accurate” overall.

It certainly beats “antisemitic trope” in the accuracy stakes. That’s crazy talk.

When challenged on your comments regarding the dual loyalty trope aimed at the 68 Rabbis you stated that "it fits how the Israeli embassy work".
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:43 - Oct 30 with 927 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:34 - Oct 30 by vindicatedblue

When challenged on your comments regarding the dual loyalty trope aimed at the 68 Rabbis you stated that "it fits how the Israeli embassy work".

Well, yes it does. It got even closer when I actually worked out it was the ex-Embassy official who organized the rabbis’ letter.

Of course that’s not enough to say it was the embassy directly involved. So I’ve been clear that Willsman would need evidence I haven’t seen to make that specific claim.

You know all this. And yet this is your big antisemitic trope. It’s pretty loopy when you actually understand Willsman isn’t talking about a trope but about real individuals with real connections here. If you spent more time researching the facts than lining up the accusations then you’d know this exactly like I did.

Enjoy your evening!

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:48 - Oct 30 with 901 viewsgazzer1999

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 19:20 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

With all due respect, 'the Tories are racist' is well....Tuesday. 'Labour are racist' is news because well, historically they've been much, much better about this. The fact that they've failed as badly badly as this and people are STILL trying to excuse it by saying 'yes but the other lot are worse'.

Just because the alternatives are worse, doesn't mean you should stop striving to be better.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 22:27]

Well said your last line. I for one do not think that the Labour Party are full of racists nor the Conservative party. I do however think none of them do enough to dispel the truth and there may well be bad eggs in both but also good people as well.
Politics is so tribal in this country and people will jump on anything, I notice however the Conservatives are not all jumping up and down trying to point score after yesterdays report, that may be they are concerned about an enquiry into their own dealings or some other reason.
I know how you are very vocal in your anti Brexit feelings, but if it was not for the labour voters that turned last year, Boris would be in no position to carry through the result of the referendum.

I think we should all try to bring this country together and stick to the rules which in the main the good people of Ipswich are doing. Everywhere I go people are wearing face coverings especially where I work and there are a lot of young people there, they obey the distancing and constantly sanitise their hands. I do not wish to point score but am always interested in peoples calm controlled opinions, I have no idea who is telling the truth and am just trying to get through this like everyone else and hope it doesn't touch me as it has so many others.
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 30 with 831 viewsFunge

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 15:28 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Dunt FFS. He’s not a journalist who uses facts but a hack who weaves his opinions into a narrative.

And he knows full well he’d have waded in whatever Corbyn said or didn’t say.

He can’t handle the fact that Corbyn didn’t just roll over but defended himself from the attacks that were inevitably incoming. But I think what gets Dunt most is that Corbyn’s statement was 100% factually correct.

Jesus, man, you are *unreal* on this. It's very unpleasant to read.

The aforementioned 'Livingstone defence' defines your stance on this down to a fine, fine point. Ignore the crux of the argument, rather, focus upon the individual making it.

Is said individual in your corner? Then they are erudite, considered, or (in the case of attack from other quarters) mis-represented by the 'establishment' (whatever that means).

Are they in the other corner? Then they are biased, agenda-driven, 'Red Tories' - or whatever other inane label you choose to affect them with.

I regret emotionally investing in the Corbyn project - he was (is) an arrogant, shallow, vain individual; incapable of seeing past his own ideology - amazing at leading crowds of chanting enthusiasts to vocally support his vision, yet completely incapable of mobilising the subsequent support garnered.

A politician of almost 40 years, yet one with precisely no political nous.

A pox on his house; the house that has enabled this shower of a government to piss all over us with an 80-seat majority.
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 30 with 809 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 30 by Funge

The aforementioned 'Livingstone defence' defines your stance on this down to a fine, fine point. Ignore the crux of the argument, rather, focus upon the individual making it.

Is said individual in your corner? Then they are erudite, considered, or (in the case of attack from other quarters) mis-represented by the 'establishment' (whatever that means).

Are they in the other corner? Then they are biased, agenda-driven, 'Red Tories' - or whatever other inane label you choose to affect them with.

I regret emotionally investing in the Corbyn project - he was (is) an arrogant, shallow, vain individual; incapable of seeing past his own ideology - amazing at leading crowds of chanting enthusiasts to vocally support his vision, yet completely incapable of mobilising the subsequent support garnered.

A pox on his house; the house that has enabled this shower of a government to piss all over us with an 80-seat majority.

Cheers. I’m glad you made your feelings known.

It matches my anger that people are so content to make their points with clearly no actual interest in digging deeper to see what is actually true or not.

A pox on anybody who has watched this crisis develop and stood idly by while smeary narratives and the fears of a community have been exploited for political and factional ends. And hopefully something dick-shrinkingly worse for those who have actively joined in.

How do you suggest we take the anger out of it?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:27 - Oct 30 with 775 viewsRyorry

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 30 by Funge

As I said at the bottom of the previous page (amongst other things) - like DK, JC is an ivory tower idealist unable to cope with, and unsuited to, practical politics.

Not sure how accurate this is from @GarethBlues, but revealing if true -

"Nah, 'great' backbenchers deliver things which change people’s lives. Take
@stellacreasy and @carolynharris24 as recent examples. Corbyn’s had 35+ years on the gravy train and has nothing to show for it. No legislation in his name, no Committees chaired, no Shadow portfolio held."

[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 20:31]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:29 - Oct 30 with 772 viewsFunge

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

It matches my anger that people are so content to make their points with clearly no actual interest in digging deeper to see what is actually true or not.

A pox on anybody who has watched this crisis develop and stood idly by while smeary narratives and the fears of a community have been exploited for political and factional ends. And hopefully something dick-shrinkingly worse for those who have actively joined in.

Why even bother?

You're so far gone on this, there's little point in discussing it. You repeatedly attack the man, not the message.

My post here is, I suppose, a lament that there are those like you, ostensibly on the same side of the political divide as me, who would indulge the likes of Mendoza/ Willsman/ Williamson - these politicians so wedded to their ideology, that they fail to realise that sometimes it's not what you're saying, it's how you say it.

But, you know, I'm ostensibly someone with a left-wing outlook who disagrees with you, which presumably makes me a Red Tory enabler or something.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:35 - Oct 30 with 753 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So that's another 200% over statement of the reality!

"Starmer said that of 827 cases connected to antisemitism that had been dealt with since he took over as leader in April, a third of the perpetrators had been removed from the party."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/30/labour-to-investigate-complaint

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:37 - Oct 30 with 744 viewsRyorry

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

You can't see the wood for the trees on this - and I'd say that's similar to Corbyn actually.

I do get your point that there may be wriggle-room over whether the accuracy of the numbers of accusations of antisemitism were 100% or 99.5% or 98.3% or whatever similar fine margin - but what you (and JC) are missing is that yesterday was not the time for quibbling about the exact purity of the numbers

The insistence by both of you on a truth that is 100% "pure", when what was actually needed was/is for a broader truth to be recognised - ie that there was antisemitism within the LP and that the time has come for it to be rooted out, however painful that may be, was a big mistake.

All JC had to do for the sake of the Labour Party and the country was resist the urge to equivocate about the findings of the report, do the statesmanlike thing, apologise for the antisemitism within Labour that occurred on his watch, properly accept the report's findings, & promise to do his best to help prevent AS in future. That would have been unifying, healing and helped Labour move on to become a more effective opposition.

The fact that he didn't, defensively argued the toss about the findings in fact, was for me another example of how his pursuit of the absolute ideal is, like yours, a hindrance to any effective politics in the real world. If he'd been the strong, intelligent leader of integrity that his momentum supporters liked to think he was, he'd have stuck his hand up and taken one for the team yesterday.

(c & p as I can't work out how to post links to my own posts; this was from bottom of prev page - I don't know if you've chosen not to answer or just didn't see).
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 20:41]

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:40 - Oct 30 with 731 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:35 - Oct 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

So that's another 200% over statement of the reality!

"Starmer said that of 827 cases connected to antisemitism that had been dealt with since he took over as leader in April, a third of the perpetrators had been removed from the party."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/30/labour-to-investigate-complaint

Pretty weird take you have on this. Surely what you should be focusing on is that there were 276 valid cases of antisemitism in the time he's been leader.

Instead you focus on the the fact that not all the cases were upheld.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:46 - Oct 30 with 701 viewsFunge

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:37 - Oct 30 by Ryorry

You can't see the wood for the trees on this - and I'd say that's similar to Corbyn actually.

I do get your point that there may be wriggle-room over whether the accuracy of the numbers of accusations of antisemitism were 100% or 99.5% or 98.3% or whatever similar fine margin - but what you (and JC) are missing is that yesterday was not the time for quibbling about the exact purity of the numbers

The insistence by both of you on a truth that is 100% "pure", when what was actually needed was/is for a broader truth to be recognised - ie that there was antisemitism within the LP and that the time has come for it to be rooted out, however painful that may be, was a big mistake.

All JC had to do for the sake of the Labour Party and the country was resist the urge to equivocate about the findings of the report, do the statesmanlike thing, apologise for the antisemitism within Labour that occurred on his watch, properly accept the report's findings, & promise to do his best to help prevent AS in future. That would have been unifying, healing and helped Labour move on to become a more effective opposition.

The fact that he didn't, defensively argued the toss about the findings in fact, was for me another example of how his pursuit of the absolute ideal is, like yours, a hindrance to any effective politics in the real world. If he'd been the strong, intelligent leader of integrity that his momentum supporters liked to think he was, he'd have stuck his hand up and taken one for the team yesterday.

(c & p as I can't work out how to post links to my own posts; this was from bottom of prev page - I don't know if you've chosen not to answer or just didn't see).

'All JC had to do for the sake of the Labour Party and the country was resist the urge to equivocate about the findings of the report, do the statesmanlike thing, apologise for the antisemitism within Labour that occurred on his watch, properly accept the report's findings, & promise to do his best to help prevent AS in future. That would have been unifying, healing and helped Labour move on to become a more effective opposition.

The fact that he didn't, defensively argued the toss about the findings in fact, was for me another example of how his pursuit of the absolute ideal is, like yours, a hindrance to any effective politics in the real world. If he'd been the strong, intelligent leader of integrity that his momentum supporters liked to think he was, he'd have stuck his hand up and taken one for the team yesterday.'

Good points.

There's a wider issue here - the modern inability to make a sincere apology.

The likes of Hopkins, Piers Morgan etc view apologies as a sign of weakness - when, in reality, it's one of the bravest, strongest things an individual can do.

'I fcked up - I'm sorry'

I still believe that people respect that. The two individuals above do not - and nor, I think, does Corbyn.

Apologise. make amends, receive forgiveness. It's so easy.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 20:48]
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:50 - Oct 30 with 690 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 18:23 - Oct 30 by vindicatedblue

What about if somebody accuses 68 Britiah Rabbi's who condemned antisemitism in the Labour Party as being organised by the Israeli embassy?

The current burden of proof would require the facts to finger only 22 of them!

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:50 - Oct 30 with 688 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:29 - Oct 30 by Funge

Why even bother?

You're so far gone on this, there's little point in discussing it. You repeatedly attack the man, not the message.

My post here is, I suppose, a lament that there are those like you, ostensibly on the same side of the political divide as me, who would indulge the likes of Mendoza/ Willsman/ Williamson - these politicians so wedded to their ideology, that they fail to realise that sometimes it's not what you're saying, it's how you say it.

But, you know, I'm ostensibly someone with a left-wing outlook who disagrees with you, which presumably makes me a Red Tory enabler or something.

Read the article. And, yes, I know who Dunt is. I read him regularly because I’m not in an echo chamber. Same with James O’Brien, Maajid “paycheck” Nawaz, same with all the Guardian centrists telling the left not to be left.

Jesus. Rather than getting upset about me having a pop at meaningless centrist commentators why don’t you ever address the links that I put up to show an actual different perspective and frequently just a different standardof reporting and comment. And why don’t you address what I’ve actually said about Willsman, Williamson and Mendoza (who I don’t ever remember “indulging”)?

Red Tory enabler? I don’t know - does it feel like that? But I do know you’re coming across as lazy and upset about being challenged on your pre-packaged, empty opinion pieces.

But this has been actually very useful to see how triggered people have been by challenging this particular piece of fluff. It’s echo chamber crack for which you can similarly criticize other groups on the political spectrum.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:51 - Oct 30 with 681 viewsRyorry

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:46 - Oct 30 by Funge

'All JC had to do for the sake of the Labour Party and the country was resist the urge to equivocate about the findings of the report, do the statesmanlike thing, apologise for the antisemitism within Labour that occurred on his watch, properly accept the report's findings, & promise to do his best to help prevent AS in future. That would have been unifying, healing and helped Labour move on to become a more effective opposition.

The fact that he didn't, defensively argued the toss about the findings in fact, was for me another example of how his pursuit of the absolute ideal is, like yours, a hindrance to any effective politics in the real world. If he'd been the strong, intelligent leader of integrity that his momentum supporters liked to think he was, he'd have stuck his hand up and taken one for the team yesterday.'

Good points.

The likes of Hopkins, Piers Morgan etc view apologies as a sign of weakness - when, in reality, it's one of the bravest, strongest things an individual can do.

'I fcked up - I'm sorry'

I still believe that people respect that. The two individuals above do not - and nor, I think, does Corbyn.

Funnily enough, one of the few public places that always properly respects such an apology is - here, the TWTD forum! Which is a great credit to the place and (most of) its posters.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:52 - Oct 30 with 682 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 18:57 - Oct 30 by Clapham_Junction

The issue with what Starmer said is that I think a lot of people - not just Corbyn supporters - do think it was exaggerated by the media who were clearly out to get Corbyn on whatever grounds they could. Someone who has made his opposition to Corbyn quite clear stated earlier in the thread that "I don't think it was a wide-spread as some media hype suggested" Are they part of the problem?

And for clarity's sake, saying there was exaggeration is different to saying there was not a problem.

There....it really is THAT simple!

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:52 - Oct 30 with 680 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:37 - Oct 30 by Ryorry

We’ve done this before and you know I disagree.

Enjoy your evening!

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:53 - Oct 30 with 677 viewsitfcjoe

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:46 - Oct 30 by Funge

Good points.

'I fcked up - I'm sorry'

It’s like taking up the IHRA definitions of anti semitism, could he just do that and move on for the sake of the Labour Party? No, of course not - it has to be attempted to be amended slightly so that it ends up being a huge deal, and more sticks to beat him with. Just arrogant as you state

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:57 - Oct 30 with 660 viewsitfcjoe

The issue with what Starmer said is that I think a lot of people - not just Corbyn supporters - do think it was exaggerated by the media who were clearly out to get Corbyn on whatever grounds they could. Someone who has made his opposition to Corbyn quite clear stated earlier in the thread that "I don't think it was a wide-spread as some media hype suggested" Are they part of the problem?

And for clarity's sake, saying there was exaggeration is different to saying there was not a problem.

Is it that it is exaggerated, or that the same scrutiny isn’t applied to the Tory party and how their rampant Islamobphobia is seemingly ignored?

I think they get conflated, when in reality they are two different things

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:57 - Oct 30 with 663 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:40 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

Pretty weird take you have on this. Surely what you should be focusing on is that there were 276 valid cases of antisemitism in the time he's been leader.

Instead you focus on the the fact that not all the cases were upheld.

SB

I can easily do that while at the same time seeing that the extent of the issue was overstated for political gain within and without the Labour Party.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:59 - Oct 30 with 651 viewsFunge

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:50 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Read the article. And, yes, I know who Dunt is. I read him regularly because I’m not in an echo chamber. Same with James O’Brien, Maajid “paycheck” Nawaz, same with all the Guardian centrists telling the left not to be left.

Jesus. Rather than getting upset about me having a pop at meaningless centrist commentators why don’t you ever address the links that I put up to show an actual different perspective and frequently just a different standardof reporting and comment. And why don’t you address what I’ve actually said about Willsman, Williamson and Mendoza (who I don’t ever remember “indulging”)?

Red Tory enabler? I don’t know - does it feel like that? But I do know you’re coming across as lazy and upset about being challenged on your pre-packaged, empty opinion pieces.

But this has been actually very useful to see how triggered people have been by challenging this particular piece of fluff. It’s echo chamber crack for which you can similarly criticize other groups on the political spectrum.

Ah fck it, DK is right, everyone else is wrong. We got to the point of self-validation you've strived for - as with every other political thread you ever invest yourself in.

Like the majority of posters on this thread, I have no real interest in indulging your peculiar Leftist viewpoint - it's fundamentally odious, as pointed out to you many times before.

Yes, there's the ignore button - but I wonder if anyone reads the reams and reams of deniability and obfuscation you put on this board, and thinks 'Oh yeah, maybe we got it all wrong'?
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 21:00 - Oct 30 with 650 viewsRyorry

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:50 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Jeez - "meaningless centrist commentators", "pre-packaged, empty opinion pieces", "how triggered people have been by challenging this particular piece of fluff", "It’s echo chamber crack" - etc

Pls have a listen to yourself. With advocates like you, no wonder people were put off voting Labour in Dec 19.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 21:00 - Oct 30 with 649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:57 - Oct 30 by itfcjoe

Is it that it is exaggerated, or that the same scrutiny isn’t applied to the Tory party and how their rampant Islamobphobia is seemingly ignored?

I think they get conflated, when in reality they are two different things

The evidence is that it was exaggerated by about a factor of 3!

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 21:01 - Oct 30 with 648 viewsHARRY10

I say, steady on old fellow

When a mob has got it’s gander up they don't want to hear reasoned argument
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 21:06 - Oct 30 with 637 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 20:53 - Oct 30 by itfcjoe

It’s like taking up the IHRA definitions of anti semitism, could he just do that and move on for the sake of the Labour Party? No, of course not - it has to be attempted to be amended slightly so that it ends up being a huge deal, and more sticks to beat him with. Just arrogant as you state

Jesus f@cking wept.

It wasn’t the definition so let’s get that straight. You think opposing some of the IHRA examples is about “arrogance”?!!!

It’s about protecting the right to criticise a far-right government and its apartheid system. It’s about justice for a Palestinian population that is being slowly and methodically pushed to the margins so they either leave or fight and die.

But what did Dunt say about it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024