Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly 11:39 - Nov 10 with 4974 viewsitfcjoe

Or Disney Plus.

I just can't find something that really gets my attention at the moment, might be an attention span thing but nothing is grabbing me.

Annoyingly I started House of Cards, and when I was back on Netflix main menu it advertsied the last season with some huge spoilers in it which has really annoyed me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:45 - Nov 10 with 2630 viewsCoastalblue

If you fancy an alternative to Borat then I thought 'The Spy' was very good, Cohen playing an Israeli spy in a straight role (very well)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:46 - Nov 10 with 2625 viewshype313

I've just watched The Queens Gambit on Netflix, it was pretty decent, only 7 episodes and quite easily binged over the course of a week.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:47 - Nov 10 with 2623 viewshatch

I don't watch many long-running dramas etc these days but some of the recently ITV dramas have been worth a quick watch if you like crime drama - Honour, The Sister, Des etc.

Also, not a series, but we watched The Invisible Man on Sunday night on Sky Movies (free) and I thought it was going to be some rubbish ghost/horror film but it's actually not that at all and a very good thriller. I thoroughly recommend it for a night in with a glass of red.

I've not really answered your question there.
Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:49 - Nov 10 with 2615 viewsKeno

The Fall is good

Just got into Star Trek Discovery

Bosch, Goliath and Justifed are worth a viewing

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:50 - Nov 10 with 2615 viewsStokieBlue

If you like Star Wars then the Mandalorian on Disney+ is great.

I've not watched any "long-running" series in ages. At the moment I prefer to dip into things like "Somebody Feed Phil" or documentaries.

If you like the books then His Dark Materials on iPlayer is good.

SB
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 11:50]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:50 - Nov 10 with 2613 viewsBlueBadger

Netflix I'd recommend, The End of the F***ing World or I Am Not Okay With This.

Both 'coming of age' stories with twists. First one is the story of a couple of teenage runaways and the other is a high-school drama only the protagonist has developing superpowers that she can't control.
Both shows :
a) look fantastic
b) are really well acted(albeit the first one is a little mannered in places)
c) are genuinely clever riffs on pretty hackneyed premises.
d) have 20 minute long episodes and only about 7 episodes to a series
e) terrific soundtracks

[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 11:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 2603 viewsgiant_stow

Designated survivor is sh1tty corny, but fun.

Ozark is much better.

Or left field: Shtisel

(I'm newish to Netflix, so haven't got much else to add, other than avoid The Rain, which is crap)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 2602 viewsgiant_stow

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:45 - Nov 10 by Coastalblue

If you fancy an alternative to Borat then I thought 'The Spy' was very good, Cohen playing an Israeli spy in a straight role (very well)

The spy is brilliant - forgot that one.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:54 - Nov 10 with 2586 viewsBluefish

I'm currently watching Dead to Me. Silly but good and Judy is a delight. Will Ferrell produced and you can tell at times. If you like true stuff then go for the Staircase or one of the many other brilliant ones

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:56 - Nov 10 with 2572 viewsSwailsey

It's Prime, but have you watched This Is Us?

It's slightly cheesy in places, but it's amazing.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:59 - Nov 10 with 2556 viewsGlasgowBlue

Although it's on Amazon, The 100 is a great sci Fi series. 7 seasons and it goes all over the place so the story never gets stale.

Also on Amazon, The Boys. On Disney, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. On Netflix, The Umbrella Academy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:00 - Nov 10 with 2545 viewsReuser_is_God

Assume you've already watched Last Dance?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:01 - Nov 10 with 2544 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm whittling my way through Homeland at the moment, and will then probably move back to Designated Survivor after (I watched the first 3-4 back then went on to something else).

Power is good on Netflix also.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:01 - Nov 10 with 2545 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Please, please, please watch Giri/Haji. It's on Netflix.

I raved about it on here when it was on BBC iplayer. And told all my friends and family to watch it. It's an international clash of cultures crime drama with a brilliant cast and superb characterisation. And it draws on Japanese art, manga and even formal dance-drama traditions (yes, really!). Utterly unique.

Everybody watch it!
Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:02 - Nov 10 with 2534 viewsReuser_is_God

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:01 - Nov 10 by Kieran_Knows

I'm whittling my way through Homeland at the moment, and will then probably move back to Designated Survivor after (I watched the first 3-4 back then went on to something else).

Power is good on Netflix also.

Christ, if I didn't know better I'd have assumed my missus had written that first paragraph.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:04 - Nov 10 with 2527 viewsBarcaBlue

Just finished Ozark, was pretty good overall but a couple too many daft twists.

Before that watched Hinterland, started off a bit Midsommers Murders I thought but by the end it all ties up. Bit too much scowling and lingering shots but worth a view.

Both on Netflix.
Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:05 - Nov 10 with 2516 viewsusm

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 11:56 - Nov 10 by Swailsey

It's Prime, but have you watched This Is Us?

It's slightly cheesy in places, but it's amazing.

I second this.
Get on it, but make sure you watch from the very beginning of the first series.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:06 - Nov 10 with 2513 viewsSWGF

What you after? I really enjoyed "Rake". An Aussie comedy/drama about an alcoholic/drug-taking barrister. Lost it's way in the last series or so, but I binged it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:06 - Nov 10 with 2509 viewsartsbossbeard

By chance, I happened across Cardinal on iPlayer.

Well worth a watch if you enjoy scenic Canadian backdrops and gritty detective dramas.

4 seasons too.

We binged the first 2 quickly (only 6 per season).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:09 - Nov 10 with 2483 viewsKeno

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:06 - Nov 10 by SWGF

What you after? I really enjoyed "Rake". An Aussie comedy/drama about an alcoholic/drug-taking barrister. Lost it's way in the last series or so, but I binged it.

Rake was very good, until the last series

Another Aussie series Wanted is worth a watch

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:16 - Nov 10 with 2462 viewsThisIsMyUsername

HoC is brilliant. Although the last season isn't great, I'm still sad that they ruined it for you.

My most recent series was Mindhunter. Would recommend.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:19 - Nov 10 with 2447 viewsGlasgowBlue

Also, The Blacklist.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:23 - Nov 10 with 2432 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:06 - Nov 10 by artsbossbeard

By chance, I happened across Cardinal on iPlayer.

Well worth a watch if you enjoy scenic Canadian backdrops and gritty detective dramas.

4 seasons too.

We binged the first 2 quickly (only 6 per season).

It's very good. A great echoing of the interior state of mind of Cardinal in the way things are shot and portrayed.
Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:25 - Nov 10 with 2421 viewsuefacup81

Deutschland '83/'86 are on All 4 and are well worth watching, especially with Deutschland '89 having been released in some countries and due over here soon.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Need a new TV series to get into - Sky, Netflix ideally as Amazon is fiddly on 12:48 - Nov 10 with 2379 viewsBlue_Order

Gomorrah
Gomorrah
Gomorrah

If you can’t deal with the subtitles, just take an evening course at college to learn Italian instead.

It’ll be worth your time, I promise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024