Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is Lee O'Neill 12:02 - Dec 3 with 2673 viewsBiGDonnie

What's his background? How has he found himself in this position?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:10 - Dec 3 with 2067 viewschrismakin

what is his actual position?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:31 - Dec 3 with 2020 viewsBiGDonnie

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:10 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Lead b*llsh*tter I think.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:38 - Dec 3 with 2003 viewsTieDyedIn95

The joke was he was a PE teacher with some sports degree. I don't know if that was true or not.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

He used to run the bar.... on 12:40 - Dec 3 with 1985 viewsBloots

....at Ipswich Borough Council.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:40 - Dec 3 with 1989 viewsTrumpLambert

A fine man.
https://twitter.com/LeeOGiuliani

@realTrumpLambo

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:40 - Dec 3 with 1980 viewschrismakin

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:38 - Dec 3 by TieDyedIn95

The joke was he was a PE teacher with some sports degree. I don't know if that was true or not.

So he's taken over player fitness then

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:42 - Dec 3 with 1966 viewsElderGrizzly

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:38 - Dec 3 by TieDyedIn95

It’s true

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:43 - Dec 3 with 1955 viewsTieDyedIn95

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:40 - Dec 3 by TrumpLambert

A fine man.
https://twitter.com/LeeOGiuliani

Some people just have so much time. ...

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Login to get fewer ads

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:45 - Dec 3 with 1947 viewsTrumpLambert

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:43 - Dec 3 by TieDyedIn95

And the others are just born this good.

@realTrumpLambo

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:49 - Dec 3 with 1929 viewsTieDyedIn95

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:42 - Dec 3 by ElderGrizzly

It’s true

So Marcus Evans genuinely appointed a PE teacher to run the club.

A PE TEACHER is running our club.

Seriously, why are we still remotely backing this project. Marcus Evans is an absolute moron of the highest order.

Seriously.

A f'kn PE teacher.

I thought it was a joke because I didn't even think Evans was that inept. Turns out he's beyond the joke! Lets get this Evans bloke out now, this is evidence enough the man is just here to do the bare minimum.

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:53 - Dec 3 with 1904 viewsKropotkin123

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:42 - Dec 3 by ElderGrizzly

It’s true

If he "bled blue" he would do what was right by Ipswich and not what is right by ME. The honourable thing to do would be to resign, rather than spout nonsense, whilst our club spirals into oblivion.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:55 - Dec 3 with 1892 viewsWD19

Its on his LinkedIn profile for all to see......
Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:55 - Dec 3 with 1884 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:10 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

General Manager of Football Operations & Academy Manager

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:58 - Dec 3 with 1873 viewsistanblue

Lee O'Neill is a former PE teacher who holds a sports science degree from Loughborough University. He's the latest Evans yes man to hold such a role (e.g. Milne, Clegg), and as such he is someone who will regurgitate whatever Marcus tells him to. He is a mere puppet with Evans' hand up his arse. Think of him as like the Mouth of Sauron from the LOTR. The only reason he is there is because fans became impatient with the previous incumbent and the appointment of O'Neill was a ploy to appease fans - didn't last long did it. The man is a fraud.
Who is Lee O'Neill on 13:59 - Dec 3 with 1769 viewsMetal_Hacker

Unfortunately for LON whoever were sat in that seat working for ME and doing that thankless task they'd get the same flack

One simple denominator in everything about this club wrong doings is ME

Whilst he continues to fluff us all off LON will take the stick

Poll: If it were one or the other

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:06 - Dec 3 with 1753 viewssoupytwist

Someone I know, who is well connected in Suffolk football, described him as a wannabe Dan Ashworth when he was appointed. That's Dan Ashworth former FA director of elite development and current technical director at Brighton.

And if anyone's upset at the club being run by a PE teacher if we get the Cowleys in at any point the managers will be PE teachers too.
Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:09 - Dec 3 with 1724 viewsSpruceMoose

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:43 - Dec 3 by TieDyedIn95

That's why we are all posting on here isn't it?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:12 - Dec 3 with 1716 viewsBloomBlue

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:06 - Dec 3 by soupytwist

Someone I know, who is well connected in Suffolk football, described him as a wannabe Dan Ashworth when he was appointed. That's Dan Ashworth former FA director of elite development and current technical director at Brighton.

And if anyone's upset at the club being run by a PE teacher if we get the Cowleys in at any point the managers will be PE teachers too.

Then we shouldn't have the Cowley's as managers as clearly PE teachers should never be allowed to do any other job than PE teacher
Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:17 - Dec 3 with 1698 viewsthebooks

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:06 - Dec 3 by soupytwist

There's the small matter of a good track record with the Cowleys. I don't believe their last job was head of PE.

Sarri was a bank manager.
Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:17 - Dec 3 with 1693 viewssoupytwist

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:12 - Dec 3 by BloomBlue

Then we shouldn't have the Cowley's as managers as clearly PE teachers should never be allowed to do any other job than PE teacher

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't be considered as managers. There are some jobs PE teachers shouldn't do but being an ex-PE teacher shouldn't preclude you from managing a professional football team or being in day to day charge of one.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 14:18]
Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:20 - Dec 3 with 1681 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:49 - Dec 3 by TieDyedIn95

So Marcus Evans genuinely appointed a PE teacher to run the club.

A PE TEACHER is running our club.

Seriously, why are we still remotely backing this project. Marcus Evans is an absolute moron of the highest order.

Seriously.

A f'kn PE teacher.

I thought it was a joke because I didn't even think Evans was that inept. Turns out he's beyond the joke! Lets get this Evans bloke out now, this is evidence enough the man is just here to do the bare minimum.

He was at the club as an academy player back in his playing days.

He’s not exactly Kieron Dyer or a Richard Wright, but in the days of Clegg some would have been drooling for an ex town ‘player’ to be in his position. Granted, they’ve gone for the most obscure ‘ex player’ possible!
Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:22 - Dec 3 with 1670 viewstownblue

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:55 - Dec 3 by WD19

Its on his LinkedIn profile for all to see......

Exactly this. Not sure why we need all the strange inaccurate speculation.

I hadn't realised he had such a long history with the club before looking him up on there though. Feel a bit of sympathy with him now tbh.
Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:28 - Dec 3 with 1643 viewsBlueBadger

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:20 - Dec 3 by Matt_Netherlands

He was at the club as an academy player back in his playing days.

He’s not exactly Kieron Dyer or a Richard Wright, but in the days of Clegg some would have been drooling for an ex town ‘player’ to be in his position. Granted, they’ve gone for the most obscure ‘ex player’ possible!

Yes, but a PE teacher? The average PE teacher makes most footballers look like Mensa candidates.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 1593 viewssoupytwist

Who is Lee O'Neill on 14:28 - Dec 3 by BlueBadger

Yes, but a PE teacher? The average PE teacher makes most footballers look like Mensa candidates.

Perhaps the fact that they're no longer PE teachers means that they weren't your run of the mill PE teachers int he first place.
Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:19 - Dec 3 with 1561 viewsPhilTWTD

Bit on Lee's background in the below. He is very much one of us with his father Tommy having been a member of the 1975 Youth Cup-winning side.

Although I thought his comments re TWTD the other day were somewhat dismissive and factually incorrect, I think to a great extent he's caught in the middle of this situation rather than being the instigator of it.

Following the below he was appointed academy manager in 2016 and then general manager of football operations around Christmas 2019.

O'Neill Appointed Assistant Academy Manager 6th Aug 2015 20:26
Lee O’Neill has been appointed to the new role of assistant academy manager, TWTD understands. 8

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024