Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had an amnesty 22:06 - Dec 12 with 3858 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If you had an amnesty on 22:09 - Dec 12 with 3153 viewsCoastalblue

Amnesty doesn't work, nobody would take that surely? It would require Town to be wiped off the face of the earth with no hopes of a Phoenix club.

In the unlikely event of that happening, not sure I'd support anybody, just be a neutral and probably watch non league.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If you had an amnesty on 22:17 - Dec 12 with 3093 viewsjeera

I don't want a different club, I want this one to be the club I expect it to be.

You can't choose another club anyway, it chooses you and that's your lot.

You can grow to dislike it at times, but it's like any true love, it doesn't just go away.

The basted stays with you and hurts you forever.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you had an amnesty on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 3085 viewsHullblue

Leicester. My mum’s from that part of the world and her brother tried his best to get me to support them. Was even a mascot for them once. But it was always Town and always will be. Was glad when they won the league but only in the same way every other neutral was. I wish I could bring myself to feel a bit more strongly about them, because even if you discount the title season as a fluke, they’re an example of how well it can go if you consistently make good decisions.

In a parallel universe that’s Town. Ah well.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

If you had an amnesty on 22:27 - Dec 12 with 3045 viewsChurchman

Nobody. It was a family thing. My dad followed ITFC since before the war and his dad before that. I was brought up with it. I’ve been to many games involving other teams and it’s ok but not the same. Amnesty or re-programming I couldn’t follow anyone else.
Kent County Cricket Club and the Chicago Bears NFL team are the closest I get to following other teams.
If you had an amnesty on 22:37 - Dec 12 with 2976 viewsBluefish

My options

Mildenhall Town- my old club and I would want to go to non league due to the obscenities in football

Brentford- it is where i was born. No chance I would have had the same connection in my younger years due to moving to Suffolk at 2 weeks old

Arsenal - my granddad and biggest influence in football on my younger years was a big fan. Similar to the above and they are also the worst fans in football

Cambridge- when I became a football fan I went to my parents at age 5 and asked who I would support. Cambridge were my closest team and obviously mentioned. Times would have been even worse

norwich- reasons as above. F*** that, nasty dirty inbred weirdos

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If you had an amnesty on 22:37 - Dec 12 with 2989 viewsRegencyBlue

Ipswich Town, rather than Marcus Evans Ipswich Town!

For obvious reasons.
If you had an amnesty on 22:44 - Dec 12 with 2962 viewsFixed_It

As a kid I supported Ipswich and (because my best mate did) Man City (long before they became rich). The first match I saw at PR was between Town and City, and I was then hooked. I ditched City that night. Oh well.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:45]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If you had an amnesty on 22:49 - Dec 12 with 2921 viewsBluefish

If you had an amnesty on 22:44 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

As a kid I supported Ipswich and (because my best mate did) Man City (long before they became rich). The first match I saw at PR was between Town and City, and I was then hooked. I ditched City that night. Oh well.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:45]

I remember going to a man city game where I think they wore there quarters shirts and I'm sure it was something like 4-4. It wasn't my 1st game but it was in the early days but I googled it and the game didn't seem to exist

Would have been about 85-86

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

If you had an amnesty on 22:55 - Dec 12 with 2919 viewsFixed_It

If you had an amnesty on 22:49 - Dec 12 by Bluefish

I remember going to a man city game where I think they wore there quarters shirts and I'm sure it was something like 4-4. It wasn't my 1st game but it was in the early days but I googled it and the game didn't seem to exist

Would have been about 85-86

Mine was way before that. 1971-2 I think. Franny Lee was my favourite player up to that point. But once I'd savoured PR under the floodlights there was only ever one team for me.
Going back to the amnesty thing, I genuinely think that if I wasn't so damned addicted to Town that I would probably lose interest in professional football. I couldn't tell you what the current Premier League table looks like for a start.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If you had an amnesty on 23:36 - Dec 12 with 2816 viewsThe_Major

Well, lest we forget, Town don't own Portman Road. So, the council needs to install Ipswich Wanderers there, and we can roar them up the pyramid.
If you had an amnesty on 23:50 - Dec 12 with 2769 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd give up on football. It's Ipswich or nothing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you had an amnesty on 23:57 - Dec 12 with 2738 viewsBouncebackIpswich

If you had an amnesty on 22:20 - Dec 12 by Hullblue

Leicester. My mum’s from that part of the world and her brother tried his best to get me to support them. Was even a mascot for them once. But it was always Town and always will be. Was glad when they won the league but only in the same way every other neutral was. I wish I could bring myself to feel a bit more strongly about them, because even if you discount the title season as a fluke, they’re an example of how well it can go if you consistently make good decisions.

Good man. The 2 best teams in this country no doubt. Im the other way round, support Leicester but Ipswich would be my alternate team as I fell in love with the play off winning side and had a serious soft spot for Blues ever since. And I've seen more Ipswich games liv e than Leicester ones in the past 12 months!
If you had an amnesty on 23:58 - Dec 12 with 2735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am a Town fan. I don't get to swap that just because Town are well and truly in the doldrums.

I do hope we can become what Southampton are. How many top players did they develop on their way from here to where they are now.

Aside from them, I always have a soft spot for ex-Town players (most of them anyway).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you had an amnesty on 00:07 - Dec 13 with 2699 viewstownblue

Bury town, local team

Edit: recently I actually think I'd prefer a walk down to ram meadow.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:10]
If you had an amnesty on 00:29 - Dec 13 with 2643 viewsRyorry

You wouldn't be able to drain all the blue ITFC blood out to swap it with something of a different hue without it being the death of the hearts of true fans.

I'd feel I'd betrayed Sir Bobby. No way that's gonna happen. #IpswichTillIDie

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you had an amnesty on 01:14 - Dec 13 with 2582 viewsJ2BLUE

Town or nothing. Even if the club went under and a new club rose from the ashes I think I would be done to be honest.

Even now knowing one man is going to systematically weaken the club in every way for the foreseeable future doesn’t make me wish I could change.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you had an amnesty on 08:52 - Dec 13 with 2351 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’d not ‘follow’ anyone, as such. I’d continue to watch Weymouth, where I live. I’d also continue to watch Southampton, as I also do now...nearest Prem team and the kids enjoy it.
If you had an amnesty on 08:58 - Dec 13 with 2320 viewsIpswichKnight

In an alternative universe I’d probably be a Villa fan, lived in Worcestershire for a bit when very young and had season tickets for Villa ( saw them pip us to the league and win the European cup and parade it around Villa Park ) before moving to London and seeing more of the Town.
If you had an amnesty on 10:21 - Dec 13 with 2242 viewsChurchman

If you had an amnesty on 22:20 - Dec 12 by Hullblue

Jeez, my mum was from Great Yarmouth. I would rather follow the Donald Trump Tribute 11 than that mob from Norwich. My 93 year old dad won’t have yellow in the house and neither will I!

Er indoors family are from Leicester so I could try them? Nah, ITFC or nothing for me
If you had an amnesty on 11:02 - Dec 13 with 2172 viewsLancsBlue

If you had an amnesty on 10:21 - Dec 13 by Churchman

Jeez, my mum was from Great Yarmouth. I would rather follow the Donald Trump Tribute 11 than that mob from Norwich. My 93 year old dad won’t have yellow in the house and neither will I!

Er indoors family are from Leicester so I could try them? Nah, ITFC or nothing for me

My wife and her whole family support Manchester City and have done for decades. She is a season ticket holder and goes with her dad and brother. Every year they try to persuade me to join them and every year I decline. So while they have watched some of the most scintillating football ever seen in this country, I've been trapesing off to see us play at Accrington, Fleetwood or Doncaster. Would I change it? The answer is that I can't. My late father used to say "There's two things in life that you can't change - your relatives and your football team, for good or bad you're stuck with both"

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

If you had an amnesty on 11:22 - Dec 13 with 2142 viewsbrazil1982

A local club, which for me would be Burnley or FC Halifax. I would stillremain eternally disappointed.
If you had an amnesty on 11:40 - Dec 13 with 2106 viewsRyorry

If you had an amnesty on 11:02 - Dec 13 by LancsBlue

My wife and her whole family support Manchester City and have done for decades. She is a season ticket holder and goes with her dad and brother. Every year they try to persuade me to join them and every year I decline. So while they have watched some of the most scintillating football ever seen in this country, I've been trapesing off to see us play at Accrington, Fleetwood or Doncaster. Would I change it? The answer is that I can't. My late father used to say "There's two things in life that you can't change - your relatives and your football team, for good or bad you're stuck with both"

Quite. Wanting to support another club when your own is experiencing hard times would be akin to wanting to join another family because some of your own family have fallen ill.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you had an amnesty on 13:50 - Dec 13 with 2040 viewsistanblue

I would support Banter FC...oh no wait that's Ipswich.
If you had an amnesty on 14:04 - Dec 13 with 2012 viewsstantheman

Forest Green because I used to watch them a few times when I lived and worked near there. No I am not a vegan by the way.
If you had an amnesty on 14:15 - Dec 13 with 1975 viewsHemelBlue

I don’t usually contribute but this post is the most depressing I’ve seen. Those who discuss cheating on their wife are already in a failed marriage
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024