Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: 6 changes! 14:00 - Jan 16 with 3754 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 14:00]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:11 - Jan 16 with 830 viewsjudespiveyg

Dropping our best centre half is an interesting managerial decision. Not really sure Cornell's done a hell of a lot wrong but I think Holy is pretty solid, especially on crosses. Would rather see Dobra than Judge.
I will say that looks a really good midfield, probably our strongest. Also with Norwood and Edwards we've got our best two attackers starting.
Should be more than enough to win today.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:11 - Jan 16 with 829 viewscressi

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:01 - Jan 16 by BLUEGOLD

Woolf dropped

To be fair there has being a clamour for Holy on here. The Wolf has being poor this season and although no winger Judge was one of the better performers last week.
Is Jackson off or injured although he was truly awful last week and in my view only decent in a two up front
TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:12 - Jan 16 with 819 viewsTieDyedIn95

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:03 - Jan 16 by itfcpaul

He has been truly awful this season

Yeah I agree to a point. Our defence with McGuiness and Wolfenden hasn't looked any better then when it had Toto and Wilson in it. Neither of those lads have had a particularly good season with us but young players tend to get a get out of jail free card from the support.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:13 - Jan 16 with 815 viewsnoggin

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:06 - Jan 16 by DublinBlue84

Thankfully we're only playing a fourth division team.

Watch the happy clappers who are enablers of the downfall of our club come on here and celebrate the result like it's some kind of achievement when we win.

Let that sink in for a moment, so called fans setting their ambitions as high as being happy with beating a team in the bottom division of the league.

I really don't think we'll win.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:14 - Jan 16 with 800 viewslmfcblue

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:11 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

No.

I didn’t watch the game but read he done well (for him)
TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:16 - Jan 16 with 782 viewsHerbivore

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:14 - Jan 16 by lmfcblue

I didn’t watch the game but read he done well (for him)

He did okay, missed a sitter in the first half and scored a consolation goal. Ran around a lot without any real quality. I wouldn't say he was man of the match by any stretch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:17 - Jan 16 with 778 viewsHullblue

That midfield 3 😍 Dropping Cornell seems bizarre though.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:17 - Jan 16 with 772 viewsPinewoodblue

Guess if we lose he will use his youthful midfield as scope goats, couldn’t possible be Lambert’s fault.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:17 - Jan 16 with 772 viewsitfcpaul

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:11 - Jan 16 by judespiveyg

Dropping our best centre half is an interesting managerial decision. Not really sure Cornell's done a hell of a lot wrong but I think Holy is pretty solid, especially on crosses. Would rather see Dobra than Judge.
I will say that looks a really good midfield, probably our strongest. Also with Norwood and Edwards we've got our best two attackers starting.
Should be more than enough to win today.

Woolfenden has been awful

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:19 - Jan 16 with 738 viewslmfcblue

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:16 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

He did okay, missed a sitter in the first half and scored a consolation goal. Ran around a lot without any real quality. I wouldn't say he was man of the match by any stretch.

Who was our best player?
TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 720 viewsHerbivore

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:19 - Jan 16 by lmfcblue

Who was our best player?

Norwood.

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 722 viewsDyland

I like the look of this team, except dropping Woolfenden for Toto which is ridiculous. Doesn't take a genius to figure why does it.

Dobbers not on the bench? Ffs... unless he's got a knock.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 715 viewsNthQldITFC

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:05 - Jan 16 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, no easing them back in via the bench. bizarre.

Not just incompetent, utterly irresponsible. Any further injuries to those returnees today will look very much like culpable neglect.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 713 viewshomer_123

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:17 - Jan 16 by itfcpaul

Whilst none of our players have torn up trees. Wolfy has been no worse than McG and decidedly better than either full back in recent weeks.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:23 - Jan 16 with 696 viewsjudespiveyg

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:17 - Jan 16 by itfcpaul

Only if you ignore his work with the ball at his feet. He's not the most physical player but I love how confidant he is with the ball at his feet. Welcome to the 21st century, even centre halves need to be able to pass a ball these days.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 14:24]

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:24 - Jan 16 with 680 viewsjayessess

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:10 - Jan 16 by ElderGrizzly

Jackson and Dobra not even making the bench?

No centre midfielders either, just 4 striker/wingers

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:28 - Jan 16 with 638 viewsPinewoodblue

Hard to believe that six changes are warranted , based on how the team have performed in training, not just dropping players for a poor performance as Chambers starts. Looks like a roll of the dice selection process to me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:29 - Jan 16 with 627 viewsHerbivore

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:23 - Jan 16 by judespiveyg

Only if you ignore his work with the ball at his feet. He's not the most physical player but I love how confidant he is with the ball at his feet. Welcome to the 21st century, even centre halves need to be able to pass a ball these days.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 14:24]

Woolfenden has been poor to be fair, but then when he's mostly been partnered with an error prone 19 year old cutting his teeth in professional football it's not that mcjb of a surprise. To drop Woolf and retain McGuiness is an odd decision.

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:32 - Jan 16 with 609 viewsjudespiveyg

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:29 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Woolfenden has been poor to be fair, but then when he's mostly been partnered with an error prone 19 year old cutting his teeth in professional football it's not that mcjb of a surprise. To drop Woolf and retain McGuiness is an odd decision.

Certainly not as good as last season I will concede, but I think he's been okay for the most part. As you say McGuiness (who's not even really ours) would have been the more obvious player to drop, although let's face it Toto's hardly any less error prone.

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:37 - Jan 16 with 579 viewsTIB

Do we think McGuinness is this seasons version of Will Norris...has to play x amount of games or we pay extra? Because he’s been goose and should not be starting over Luke “Says it how it is” Woolfenden.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:43 - Jan 16 with 551 viewsHerbivore

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:32 - Jan 16 by judespiveyg

Certainly not as good as last season I will concede, but I think he's been okay for the most part. As you say McGuiness (who's not even really ours) would have been the more obvious player to drop, although let's face it Toto's hardly any less error prone.

On this season's evidence despite his shortcomings Nsiala makes fewer errors that lead to big chances or goals than McGuiness. We just don't look solid with McGuiness in the side, his positioning really isn't very good, but that comes with having played no football prior to this season.

Woolf has had a poor season so far, I'm sure there are reasons why but he's not come close to matching the standards he set last season. I'd still play him because he's a quality player and will get better, but he hasn't been good enough this season.

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:48 - Jan 16 with 531 viewsBLUEGOLD

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:43 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

On this season's evidence despite his shortcomings Nsiala makes fewer errors that lead to big chances or goals than McGuiness. We just don't look solid with McGuiness in the side, his positioning really isn't very good, but that comes with having played no football prior to this season.

Woolf has had a poor season so far, I'm sure there are reasons why but he's not come close to matching the standards he set last season. I'd still play him because he's a quality player and will get better, but he hasn't been good enough this season.

It smacks of a desperate move to pick all of those previously injured players.
TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 517 viewspointofblue

I'd honestly have preferred to see Donacien in for McGuinness with Chambers being moved into the middle. Of course Woolfenden is going to struggle when he's meant to be the experienced partner in the two. Why are we giving McGuinness time over him when he's not our player and has been even worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:59 - Jan 16 with 502 viewsreusersfreekicks

TEAM: 6 changes! on 14:06 - Jan 16 by cbower

I know Jackson was poor last week whilst hugging the line which isn't his game but to be out of the 18 (if not injured) is crazy. He will leave for nothing in the summer if Lambert is in charge. Harsh on Dobra to be out of 18 too.

Yep if Sears is ahead of those 2 it's a nonsense
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024