Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract players 11:07 - Mar 24 with 4176 viewsitfcjoe

So many, be interesting to see what happens.....

Could run a sweepstake on it

Keep
Chambers
Wilson
Jackson
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Drinan
Przybek
Morris
Z Brown
Gibbs

Release
Skuse
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Edwards
Sears
Huws
Nsiala
Wright
Folami
Clements
Andoh
K Brown
Hughes
White
O'Reilly
Healy

(Edited for Gibbs, which was an oversight)
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 11:51]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Out of contract players on 11:11 - Mar 24 with 3168 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Keep
Chambers
Nsiala
Skuse[Part-Coach]
Judge
Wilson
Jackson
Bishop
El Mizouni
Drinan(Debateable)
Przybek
Morris
Z Brown

Release
Nydam
Ward
Donacien
Edwards
Sears
Huws
Wright
Folami
Clements
Gibbs
Andoh
K Brown
Hughes
White
O'Reilly
Healy

Be a shame to see so many youngsters go but we've seen so little of them.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Out of contract players on 11:15 - Mar 24 with 3154 viewsSomethingBlue

Not that much to disagree with there. I do wonder if someone like Bish might benefit from a change of scene. But hopefully he rips it up here over the next few weeks and helps us get somewhere, and then we go from there.

Not really sure Drinan is worth retaining, done a job when asked to this season but ultimately not quite up to it and Cook will want to strengthen that area.

Probably in the minority but I'd probably keep Judge if he'd be OK with phasing into more of a squad role.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Out of contract players on 11:19 - Mar 24 with 3131 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players on 11:15 - Mar 24 by SomethingBlue

Not that much to disagree with there. I do wonder if someone like Bish might benefit from a change of scene. But hopefully he rips it up here over the next few weeks and helps us get somewhere, and then we go from there.

Not really sure Drinan is worth retaining, done a job when asked to this season but ultimately not quite up to it and Cook will want to strengthen that area.

Probably in the minority but I'd probably keep Judge if he'd be OK with phasing into more of a squad role.

I've got no real issues with Judge and think he's been decent of late - but just not been a good fit here and think a move would suit him.

Understand re Bishop, he's got a big opportunity in next 11 games as will surely play in most - up to him to grab it, but if he doesn't, and if Edwards flatters to deceive, I'd probably let both go

Has become a real mish mash to our squad, with regards to age profiles and it's a really old squad - a dozen players who are 20-21 with minimal game time between them as squad so big.

Have heard Cook wants about 20 players, and that Dyer only wants about 10 for the 23s......that's a huge change from where we are

Out of contract players on 11:22 - Mar 24 with 3117 viewshype313

To be honest you can't really make a case for any of those on the release list.

Potentially Nsiala as a back up and he's probably not on high wages, haven't seen enough of Folami to make a judgement, but if we are to really take strides forward then sentimentality has to go out the window.

I'd add Drinan to the release list, he's not pulled up any trees, he's an industrious player but he's not going to get us to the place we want.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Out of contract players on 11:23 - Mar 24 with 3107 viewsMookamoo

Isn't Gibbs worth keeping? I thought there was talk of bigger clubs keeping an eye on him.
Out of contract players on 11:26 - Mar 24 with 3087 viewsHullblue

Surprised you've put Gibbs in the release camp, Joe. I thought he was really highly rated? I've only seen the first team game he played in where he obviously struggled, but I had just put that down as Lambert's fault.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Out of contract players on 11:31 - Mar 24 with 3055 viewsKeno

I think Tom Healy is an excellent prospect and deserves a big chance

good lad, a credit to his sponsor

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Out of contract players on 11:32 - Mar 24 with 3044 viewsMB26

Where do you see Nydam's future Joe? I'd like to see more of him as a full-back but I understand Tommy Smith is highly rated also.

Also very surprised to see Gibbs and Hughes fall into the released category. Have they not kicked on as expected?

Is Folami a work-permit issue? I expect him to be released anyway but if we wanted to keep him has Brexit had an impact?
Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract players on 11:34 - Mar 24 with 3028 viewsKieran_Knows

I’d be quite happy to see all of the below, going;
Holy, Ward, Edwards, Jackson, Nolan, Donacien, Wright, Sears, Nsiala, Drinan, Cornell, Kenlock & Huws.

50/50 on;
Chambers, Wilson, Skuse, Judge & Hawkins.

Leaving the rest to build a squad around;
Woolfenden, Norwood, Lankester, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, KVY, El Mizouni & Dobra.

Then there’s the 6 loan players which will return to their clubs, so potentially more gaps to fill in the squad also.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Out of contract players on 11:50 - Mar 24 with 2963 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players on 11:23 - Mar 24 by Mookamoo

Isn't Gibbs worth keeping? I thought there was talk of bigger clubs keeping an eye on him.

That's an error - good spot. Yep 100% we keep him

Out of contract players on 11:51 - Mar 24 with 2959 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players on 11:31 - Mar 24 by Keno

I think Tom Healy is an excellent prospect and deserves a big chance

good lad, a credit to his sponsor

*Matt Healy....

Out of contract players on 11:58 - Mar 24 with 2949 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players on 11:32 - Mar 24 by MB26

Where do you see Nydam's future Joe? I'd like to see more of him as a full-back but I understand Tommy Smith is highly rated also.

Also very surprised to see Gibbs and Hughes fall into the released category. Have they not kicked on as expected?

Is Folami a work-permit issue? I expect him to be released anyway but if we wanted to keep him has Brexit had an impact?

Nydam looks nailed on as a left back, has played there all last pre season and both games back so far for 23s - I think he could have agood future there as Kenlock fails to convince.

I like Tommy Smith, and he could potentially get another year but not convinced we want too many staying around.

Gibbs an error.

Hughes is now a second year pro, and had two long term injuries, he's just missed too much time and been overtaken by too many players - a good player but 21 in October.

Same for Folami really, he's 22 in June and needs to play - will he be good enough to play here? I doubt it.

I was looking st some bits this morning, Ben Morris was a regular for the U23s in 2016/17....that's mad. Dylan Crowe and Bailey Clements were in 17/18

We've got a whole load of 20-22 year olds who have just never made the leap to first team and they sadly just need to go so management tream can get a bit of clarity

Out of contract players on 12:08 - Mar 24 with 2919 viewsKeno

Out of contract players on 11:51 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

*Matt Healy....

oh yeah, him as well!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Out of contract players on 12:13 - Mar 24 with 2905 viewsPJH

Out of contract players on 11:34 - Mar 24 by Kieran_Knows

I’d be quite happy to see all of the below, going;
Holy, Ward, Edwards, Jackson, Nolan, Donacien, Wright, Sears, Nsiala, Drinan, Cornell, Kenlock & Huws.

50/50 on;
Chambers, Wilson, Skuse, Judge & Hawkins.

Leaving the rest to build a squad around;
Woolfenden, Norwood, Lankester, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, KVY, El Mizouni & Dobra.

Then there’s the 6 loan players which will return to their clubs, so potentially more gaps to fill in the squad also.

Przybek our only contracted keeper then.

I think it quite possible that Holy or Cornell or both will be made available but they are both contracted for next season as is Nolan(who may also be made available)
Out of contract players on 12:17 - Mar 24 with 2874 viewsIllinoisblue

Surprised to see Drinan on the keep list. I know it’s tough for our strikers playing in a team that does not create chances but Drinan looks well off the pace.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Out of contract players on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 2848 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players on 12:17 - Mar 24 by Illinoisblue

Surprised to see Drinan on the keep list. I know it’s tough for our strikers playing in a team that does not create chances but Drinan looks well off the pace.

I just think he is one of those that can be a long term reserve who will come in and out when required and do ok - a Richard Naylor outside the 2 years or so he was very good (and bearing in mind we are at a much lower level than then - I'm not comparing the two as Bam-Bam far, far superior)

Out of contract players on 12:26 - Mar 24 with 2835 viewsMrTown

Keep:
Nsiala
Donacien
El Mizouni
Nydam
Z Brown

Release
Chambers
Skuse
Wilson
Jackson
Drinan
Sears
Ward
Huws
Judge
Bishop
Edwards
Wright
Folami
Clements
Gibbs
Andoh
K Brown
Hughes
White
O'Reilly
Healy
Przybeck
Morris

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Out of contract players on 12:36 - Mar 24 with 2787 viewsMB26

Out of contract players on 11:58 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

Nydam looks nailed on as a left back, has played there all last pre season and both games back so far for 23s - I think he could have agood future there as Kenlock fails to convince.

I like Tommy Smith, and he could potentially get another year but not convinced we want too many staying around.

Gibbs an error.

Hughes is now a second year pro, and had two long term injuries, he's just missed too much time and been overtaken by too many players - a good player but 21 in October.

Same for Folami really, he's 22 in June and needs to play - will he be good enough to play here? I doubt it.

I was looking st some bits this morning, Ben Morris was a regular for the U23s in 2016/17....that's mad. Dylan Crowe and Bailey Clements were in 17/18

We've got a whole load of 20-22 year olds who have just never made the leap to first team and they sadly just need to go so management tream can get a bit of clarity

It's a shame that some don't get at least an opportunity but I guess that's the nature of the beast that is football. The pathway here seems a lot more difficult for younger players to make the first team which is a suprise considering how much the academy is lauded over by the higher powers and how little we spend on transfer fees (I appreciate we pay a lot of agent fees and high wages for both loanees and free signings).

I think it's the same across the footballing landscape but you always form a personal attachment to "one of our own". However, I look through your list and I can't say there's is anyone I'm particularly gutted about losing from the academy graduates. Looking at the academy as a whole, we seem to do a decent job. Those who are good enough get their opportunity (Downes, Woolfenden, Dozzell etc.), those who are perceived to be better are sold on (Knight, Brown) without us particularly missing them and those who don't make it move onto pastures new.

I can't recall many in recent years (Rhodes/Marriott aside) that I've been gutted to see leave. Benyu was a big one but look where he's ended up. I'd say the club gets it right more often than not.
Out of contract players on 12:37 - Mar 24 with 2783 viewsmonty_radio

Out of contract players on 11:58 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

Gibbs an error.

If, as Cook seemed to suggest, some were to be given the news of being let go soon, what are the logistics of that? Is it just advance warning for June, or can other clubs firm up an interest, even perhaps taking them on for training purposes only?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Out of contract players on 12:55 - Mar 24 with 2748 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players on 12:37 - Mar 24 by monty_radio

If, as Cook seemed to suggest, some were to be given the news of being let go soon, what are the logistics of that? Is it just advance warning for June, or can other clubs firm up an interest, even perhaps taking them on for training purposes only?

Guess a combination of everything - but ultimately we have far too many players, it makes training difficult, and we want to give them the best opportunity possible to find a new club.

Out of contract players on 13:19 - Mar 24 with 2686 viewsGarv

Keep:
Chambers
Wilson
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Morris
Judge
Drinan (otherwise we'll have no strikers)
Donacien (if still in L1)

Retain and sell:
Jackson

Release
Skuse
Ward (ideally I'd keep him around but he and Kenlock will probably end up both being 2nd choice which is pointless)
Edwards
Sears
Huws
Nsiala

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Out of contract players on 13:25 - Mar 24 with 2654 viewschrismakin

Very difficult time wise too

Doesnt want to let it drag on... but also tell players to soon that they're not wanted and it could cause negative effects

Tough tough job to have

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Out of contract players on 13:29 - Mar 24 with 2644 viewsParky

Keep:
Wilson
Jackson
Bishop
Toto
Nydam
El Miz
Morris
Z Brown
Gibbs

Release:
Chambers
Skuse
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Edwards
Sears
Huws
Drinan
Wright
Folami
Clements
Andoh
K Brown
Hughes
White
O’Reilly
Healy
Out of contract players on 13:31 - Mar 24 with 2625 viewsAce_High1

Keep

Jackson (only to then sell for funds)
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Z Brown
Gibbs

Release

Drinan
Przybek
Morris
Chambers
Wilson
Skuse
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Edwards
Sears
Huws
Nsiala
Wright
Folami
Clements
Andoh
K Brown
Hughes
White
O'Reilly
Healy

Need a clear out, too much squad filler dross.

Less is more.
Out of contract players on 14:07 - Mar 24 with 2561 viewsmonty_radio

Out of contract players on 13:31 - Mar 24 by Ace_High1

Keep

Jackson (only to then sell for funds)
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Z Brown
Gibbs

Release

Drinan
Przybek
Morris
Chambers
Wilson
Skuse
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Edwards
Sears
Huws
Nsiala
Wright
Folami
Clements
Andoh
K Brown
Hughes
White
O'Reilly
Healy

Need a clear out, too much squad filler dross.

Less is more.

We only have a squad, not a team. The fact that there'd be no certain agreement re which players had to play if fit shows the problem. Even Norwood and Downes can't be counted on yo stay fit.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024