Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12802 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:13 - Apr 3 with 681 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:11 - Apr 3 by footers

I said the Our Father and Hail Mary at least once a day throughout my schooling and look how I turned out ffs.

You obviously needed to say it each break time as well for full effect

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:21 - Apr 3 with 652 viewsTrequartista

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:07 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

I’m not particularly anti our flag, or to be fair not against it at all - but if I were to fly a flag it would be the cross of St George. I’m English, not British if talking about nationality in that respect.

Tom Hunt is just an utter moron, who is proud of being so - just spends all his time trying to divide people rather than helping his constituency.

Does anyone really think schools should be flying the flag? Or singing the national anthem? Maybe Lords Prayer every morning as well......none of it offends me, but none of it is designed to help people

It was interesting how the union jack changed to the st george around Euro 96. Not sure what prompted that, maybe because we were drawn in the same group as Scotland at that tournament.

See although i love Britain and England, i would never wave a flag at a football match, or wear union jack apparel or any of that stuff. No interest in the Royal Family or anything like that. Just total cringe. It's only people recently saying that we should be ashamed of our flag that has prompted any defence of it in me. Perhaps i'm just getting old.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:25 - Apr 3 with 640 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:58 - Apr 3 by m14_blue

How does forced flying the flag teach people to be proud of the country?

There is precisely zero chance of any of the desperately insecure and inadequate fake 'patriots' pushing this explaining how this will help, because they can't, and it won't.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:27]
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 641 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:21 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

It was interesting how the union jack changed to the st george around Euro 96. Not sure what prompted that, maybe because we were drawn in the same group as Scotland at that tournament.

See although i love Britain and England, i would never wave a flag at a football match, or wear union jack apparel or any of that stuff. No interest in the Royal Family or anything like that. Just total cringe. It's only people recently saying that we should be ashamed of our flag that has prompted any defence of it in me. Perhaps i'm just getting old.

Not sure that the Union Jack changed to the cross of St George at all, did it?

The Union Jack is generally seen at the Olympics where Great Britain competes, whereas the cross of St George is generally associated with the England football (and cricket) team. I am not sure the Scottish and Irish (or even the Welsh?) would be too keen to see the Union Jack associated with those England teams.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 639 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:59 - Apr 3 by footers

You and other patriots have a very shaky understanding of this country's history and language.

I agree we should promote education in both of those areas but don't think a piece of coloured cloth will be helpful in that.

I agree with you, but you've made a mistake in your first sentence - Paz is a very very long way away from being a patriot.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:27 - Apr 3 with 634 viewsTrequartista

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:28 - Apr 3 by wkj

I hate that the Union Flag has become a hate symbol - thanks a f**king lot BNP.

The BNP have virtually disappeared in recent years. Other groups that have filled the void e.g. EDL have been more prone to waving the English flag i'd have thought.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:29 - Apr 3 with 639 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:21 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

I'm certainly not ashamed of it.

I am ashamed at some of the people who have touted it as something other than it should be.

I'm going with Union Flag shorts in the 80s, or whenever they were popular.

That was the beginning of something quite different.

No one wants to see beer-bellied old guys with burnt blotchy skin in Union Flag shorts.

That was not good for the image and whoever manufactured those needs suing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 623 viewsTrequartista

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:26 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure that the Union Jack changed to the cross of St George at all, did it?

The Union Jack is generally seen at the Olympics where Great Britain competes, whereas the cross of St George is generally associated with the England football (and cricket) team. I am not sure the Scottish and Irish (or even the Welsh?) would be too keen to see the Union Jack associated with those England teams.

In football yes. It is wall-to-wall union jacks on the 1966 World Cup Final footage, and certainly the England fan abroad in the 70s and 80s was draped in them.

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 625 viewswkj

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:53 - Apr 3 by MattinLondon

National flags are used by a lot of far-right groups in different countries.

Largely, most British people aren’t patriotic as in fly-the-flag when compared to other societies- certainly if I see the Union flag flying high in someone’s garden I think that that person must be a bit odd - don’t think I’m the only one who thinks this.

Being patriotic doesn’t mean singing the national anthem and declaring your love to a family full of privilege.

Patriotism by virtue of a symbol is much less effort than virtue of... virtues.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 623 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:58 - Apr 3 by footers

This is it exactly.

This type of shallow, flag-waving patriotism is like beating your missus for a year, demanding your Findus crispy pancakes are on the table of an evening and cheating on her but still buying her petrol station flowers on Valentine's day and saying everything's going well.

Proper patriotism is being active in your community, looking out for other people and generally doing right by your fellow man/woman/person.

Unfortunately, this goverment does the former while most want to do the latter.

Not that long ago a BBC presenter made an obvious joke that the flag which a Tory cabinet minister had on display in the background was too small for a minister.

That joke, prompted Tories up-and-down the country (including Tom Hunt) to get offended stating that the presenter was disrespecting the flag. What a load of bollox.

As you said, patriotism means having pride in your community etc not by using the flag as a point scoring grudge.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 622 viewsbluebudgie

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:58 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I actually think that if they insist on schools flying them, we should fly every flag that represents all nationalities of all staff and students in school including the EU flag. I wonder how Hunt would feel about that.

Perhaps he would then need educating about what the EU, Chinese and Filipino flags represent.

Why? the British taxpayer pays for the schools and the school is in Great Britain so therefore the British flag should be flown
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:33 - Apr 3 with 614 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:31 - Apr 3 by bluebudgie

Why? the British taxpayer pays for the schools and the school is in Great Britain so therefore the British flag should be flown

Yeah, schools can barely afford books and pens, so let's make them buy flags and flagpoles.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:33 - Apr 3 with 607 viewsjeera

Why are you following my posts around down-voting them?

Even one asking why MPs have FB pages?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:34 - Apr 3 with 603 viewsHerbivore

Obvious troll is obvious.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:34 - Apr 3 with 597 viewsTrequartista

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:29 - Apr 3 by jeera

I'm certainly not ashamed of it.

I am ashamed at some of the people who have touted it as something other than it should be.

I'm going with Union Flag shorts in the 80s, or whenever they were popular.

That was the beginning of something quite different.

No one wants to see beer-bellied old guys with burnt blotchy skin in Union Flag shorts.

That was not good for the image and whoever manufactured those needs suing.

To be honest there is more of a case to be embarrassed about it in the 70s and 80s, when the NF, BNP and football hooligans were waving it.

All of those things have now died out or switched to the St George, so why has it become an issue now? Culture wars i suspect.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 586 viewsjeera

Do you even understand the difference between Gt Britain and Britain/UK without Googling?

Not much of a patriot are you really?

As a taxpayer you should at least know the name of your own country.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:40 - Apr 3 with 577 viewsMullet

I suggest you look into how schools are funded.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:42 - Apr 3 with 570 viewswkj

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:27 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

The BNP have virtually disappeared in recent years. Other groups that have filled the void e.g. EDL have been more prone to waving the English flag i'd have thought.

The BNP have disappeared by name, but many heads have popped up in it's place. EDL, Footballing Lads whatever-it-is, Leave.EU - the list goes on.

Crybaby

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:43 - Apr 3 with 562 viewswkj

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:40 - Apr 3 by Mullet

I suggest you look into how schools are funded.

P
O
T
D

If they only knew the half of it.

Crybaby

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:43 - Apr 3 with 558 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:03 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

But that isn't what was said at all.

All who voted to leave should recognise this is one consequence of that vote. That is what was stated.

I (and the other poster), at no point said everyone who voted leave had racist motivations. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to say that (given the nature of the official leave campaign) they were not uncomfortable with getting into bed with racists and xenophobes.

Not all leave supporters are racist but all racists are leave supporters.

Whow......
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:44 - Apr 3 with 555 viewsSpruceMoose

You're a great advert for why schools need more funding for actual education uses. Not flags and flagpoles.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:45 - Apr 3 with 546 viewsTrequartista

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:42 - Apr 3 by wkj

The BNP have disappeared by name, but many heads have popped up in it's place. EDL, Footballing Lads whatever-it-is, Leave.EU - the list goes on.

Yes i was careful to point out others have filled the void. Sadly I think there will always be extremists in any society.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:46]

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:46 - Apr 3 with 545 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:43 - Apr 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Whow......

Well hold on a mo.

Read it back.

Is it not a reasonable assumption that xenophobic, (and yes racist), types will have voted for Brexit? Certainly everyone I know of who are that way leaning did.

That's not to be confused with the other way around of course.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:47 - Apr 3 with 541 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:11 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Should they fly flags that represent the nationalities of all staff and students too?

Some schools will have lots of flag poles.

I do like the fact that it will show how multi-cultural some schools are, though.

Can the students and teachers from European countries show their nationhood within one flag? Maybe the EU flag? Cant see how Hunt and his pals could object to this.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:48 - Apr 3 with 649 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:43 - Apr 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Whow......

Agreed. Racists were all for free movement, everyone knows that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024