Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12799 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:47 - Apr 3 with 861 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:44 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Now I think it's plainly clear that I don't really hold much sway with the politically correct la de dahs but I am in control of my own brain and I have certain standards and it is quite clear that Tom Hunt is full on tvvat. In fact he is an embarrassment to me in the fact that he represents my town.

I have a question though.

Is he really known outside of his constituency?

Don't think so. I'm only aware of him through posts on here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:53 - Apr 3 with 849 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:44 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Now I think it's plainly clear that I don't really hold much sway with the politically correct la de dahs but I am in control of my own brain and I have certain standards and it is quite clear that Tom Hunt is full on tvvat. In fact he is an embarrassment to me in the fact that he represents my town.

I have a question though.

Is he really known outside of his constituency?

If he wasn't before, he is now. Definitely one that CCHQ seem keen to push to the foreground.

That point though is that he is failing his constituents by dragging them into campaigns they didn't ask for and - in the midst of a global pandemic - can ill afford to be sidelined in favour of.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:54 - Apr 3 with 842 viewseireblue

He is popping over to Xinjiang for a fact finding mission to learn how they educate people on being more patriotic citizens.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:55 - Apr 3 with 839 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:53 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

If he wasn't before, he is now. Definitely one that CCHQ seem keen to push to the foreground.

That point though is that he is failing his constituents by dragging them into campaigns they didn't ask for and - in the midst of a global pandemic - can ill afford to be sidelined in favour of.

Would be interesting to see what he's done for his constituents versus the time and energy he's spent on stoking this pathetic social media culture war. I'm guessing Column B would far outweigh Column A....
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 11:57]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:56 - Apr 3 with 841 viewslordsambuca

I had to read this twice and then check the date - 2nd April. Word fail me and I agree with what has been said above.I just feel sad that a person like this is represeting my home town, particularly when the town had a really good consituency MP, regardless of your political persuasion

He also liked this reply. I think this demonstrates the type of conservative party that is beginning to dominate at a local and national level. It was about time they had another dig at the teachers:

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:05 - Apr 3 with 810 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:56 - Apr 3 by lordsambuca

I had to read this twice and then check the date - 2nd April. Word fail me and I agree with what has been said above.I just feel sad that a person like this is represeting my home town, particularly when the town had a really good consituency MP, regardless of your political persuasion

He also liked this reply. I think this demonstrates the type of conservative party that is beginning to dominate at a local and national level. It was about time they had another dig at the teachers:

After the Brexit vote, fools like these felt empowered to basically say what they wanted to say.

Everyone who voted for Brexit is responsible for this.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:06 - Apr 3 with 805 viewsHerbivore

The absolute state of it. My word.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:06 - Apr 3 with 811 viewsBlueBadger

By the end of this parliament he'll either be sharing openly far right material or QAnon memes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 787 viewseireblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:06 - Apr 3 by BlueBadger

By the end of this parliament he'll either be sharing openly far right material or QAnon memes.

And be a minister, but not in health, Matt will be worried about being shown up.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 792 viewsITFC_Forever

The sooner he leaves us and our town alone the better.

No links to Ipswich, parachuted in and as others have said, is more interested in dividing our community than serving it.

Ipswich always used to be an easy-going laid-back town accepting of anyone.... unfortunately I’m not so sure that’s the case any more thanks to certain quarters.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 12:23]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 783 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who wouldn't want to start the day with singing God Save the Queen?

Fortunately, I don't think many schools have morning assemblies any longer (or only rarely if they do)!

As for knowing of Mr Hunt, I wouldn't know anything of him aside from being on here and I live in Suffolk.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:11 - Apr 3 with 772 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:05 - Apr 3 by MattinLondon

After the Brexit vote, fools like these felt empowered to basically say what they wanted to say.

Everyone who voted for Brexit is responsible for this.

Ignorant post.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:13 - Apr 3 with 756 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Forever

No links to Ipswich, parachuted in and as others have said, is more interested in dividing our community than serving it.

Ipswich always used to be an easy-going laid-back town accepting of anyone.... unfortunately I’m not so sure that’s the case any more thanks to certain quarters.

Very well put.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:14 - Apr 3 with 753 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Forever

This sort of post needs to be penned into a letter/email and sent to local rags though.

And to local radio and anyone who will listen.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 886 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:11 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Ignorant post.

Please explain why that is ignorant.

Do you not think the Brexit decision has more enabled racism and jingoistic patriotism?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 887 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Who wouldn't want to start the day with singing God Save the Queen?

Fortunately, I don't think many schools have morning assemblies any longer (or only rarely if they do)!

As for knowing of Mr Hunt, I wouldn't know anything of him aside from being on here and I live in Suffolk.

Personally I don't see the need for assemblies, not in the traditional guise anyway.

As much as I love my country and the Queen I don't think people should be forced to sing the national anthem. As an atheist I also don't see why people should be forced to say prayers.

It's all a bit antiquated. Schools are for teaching, not brainwashing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:17 - Apr 3 with 881 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:09 - Apr 3 by eireblue

And be a minister, but not in health, Matt will be worried about being shown up.

Because he really cherishes that 'worst Health secretary ever' title?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:18 - Apr 3 with 877 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:15 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please explain why that is ignorant.

Do you not think the Brexit decision has more enabled racism and jingoistic patriotism?

Yes, I think that Brexit has given racists an opportunity to spout their repugnant views.

But you said "Everyone who voted for Brexit is responsible for this"

Sorry but I think you're a tvvat mate.

Edit; Looking back it wasn't you who said it, but you obviously agree with it so my point remains.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 12:20]

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:19 - Apr 3 with 873 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:15 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Personally I don't see the need for assemblies, not in the traditional guise anyway.

As much as I love my country and the Queen I don't think people should be forced to sing the national anthem. As an atheist I also don't see why people should be forced to say prayers.

It's all a bit antiquated. Schools are for teaching, not brainwashing.

Not sure where the "forced to say prayers" comes from either. Perhaps it is a historic thing from school assemblies before the 1980s? I know it happens in Roman Catholic schools, but I assume parents who choose to send their children to a Roman Catholic school either understand what they are choosing or don't care.

Of course, our national anthem is a prayer so I can see the link there, though.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:21 - Apr 3 with 860 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:18 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I think that Brexit has given racists an opportunity to spout their repugnant views.

But you said "Everyone who voted for Brexit is responsible for this"

Sorry but I think you're a tvvat mate.

Edit; Looking back it wasn't you who said it, but you obviously agree with it so my point remains.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 12:20]

I didn't actually say that.

However, if you recognise that it has given them more opportunity, how can you disagree that everyone who voted for it is responsible for that outcome? To me, it was a reasonably obvious outcome to a campaign waged mainly on disliking foreigners.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:23 - Apr 3 with 855 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:21 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

However, if you recognise that it has given them more opportunity, how can you disagree that everyone who voted for it is responsible for that outcome? To me, it was a reasonably obvious outcome to a campaign waged mainly on disliking foreigners.

It's a classic 'not what I voted for, mate' when anyone with half a brain could see what buttons the leave campaign were pushing and whose views they were emboldening. You can't separate the two- actions have consequences.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:33 - Apr 3 with 814 viewsjaykay

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:23 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

He blocked me on Twitter after I politely questioned him on two separate occasions. Good job I'm not a constituent who, party colours to one side, needs his help! It's so important Ipswich sees sense at the next election.

i dont do facebook, but just joined, to leave a nice comment, so he can block me.

i think some once said those who want to wrap themselves in flags, want their baby comforters back.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 12:41]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:36 - Apr 3 with 797 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:21 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree that some people voted on a dislike of foreigners but It is ludicrous to suggest that this was the be all and end all. In my humble opinion those that spout that rubbish are just sore losers.

I thought long and hard about the whole thing and decided that it was better to remain - even though I can't stand the Brussels mafiosi.

Personally I think that people who suggest that everyone who voted Brexit is a racist are as thick as the racists that did.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:38 - Apr 3 with 786 viewsDubtractor

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:23 - Apr 3 by footers

It's a classic 'not what I voted for, mate' when anyone with half a brain could see what buttons the leave campaign were pushing and whose views they were emboldening. You can't separate the two- actions have consequences.

This was always my concern with brexit, far more than the ramifications of the actual vote. The way that the campaign was run was all about division, about pitching the population against each other, and about appealing to an unspoken type of racism and discrimination. It was a massive green light to a really unpleasant part of our country to crack on.

I'm wary of blaming EVERYONE who voted for it, as everyone has their different reasons, but no one can be surprised that this is where we have ended up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:40 - Apr 3 with 775 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:36 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I agree that some people voted on a dislike of foreigners but It is ludicrous to suggest that this was the be all and end all. In my humble opinion those that spout that rubbish are just sore losers.

I thought long and hard about the whole thing and decided that it was better to remain - even though I can't stand the Brussels mafiosi.

Personally I think that people who suggest that everyone who voted Brexit is a racist are as thick as the racists that did.

I never said that everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist - just that the result enabled the flag-saluting lot to feel more empowered. They would never have felt that way if we had remained.

No need to be so defensive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024