Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12798 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:08 - Apr 3 with 1086 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:06 - Apr 3 by BlueBadger

A tidal wave of whatabouttery and 'yes, but Labour' horsesh1t?

It is flag display top trumps....what did you expect!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:12 - Apr 3 with 1082 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:58 - Apr 3 by eireblue

So you take a meta-analysis of many surveys. Which does point to those reasons as the main factor.
It is also what the Brexit campaigners under Cummings purposeful targeted with the “Taking Back Control” message.

I would suggest, even your thoughts have been framed by Brexit type dialogue.

The importance on resources vs population should be formed by demographic data, not simple levels of immigration.

E.g. how do you fund an ageing population with a declining workforce?

Rural areas have older populations.

Uncontrolled immigration is not the same as free movement of labour.
That is again taking a Brexit characterisation of a topic.

Even many Brexit supporters suggested there would be an economic impact, Farage even said it would be better to be poorer if that was a cost to reducing immigration.

Lots of people talk about immigration.

"E.g. how do you fund an ageing population with a declining workforce?"

Is the answer, inflate the value of their property and divy it out to the private sector?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:19 - Apr 3 with 1070 viewseireblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:07 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks for your condescending reply.

You’re Welcome.

I thought it better than calling you a racist or Hitler.
Which was your assumption about what other people would say about you.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 14:24]
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:41 - Apr 3 with 1026 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:06 - Apr 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

The problem was that the evidence of experience was that free movement from within the EU was suppressing wages and yet this was denied by the comfortably off as they benefitted from cheap cleaners, nannies etc...The comfortably off should not then act all surprised when they are slapped in the face.

Also..."protections of the EU"...for the self employed and the gig economy....are you joking. Dismantling the institutions of globalism for the benefit of the corporations and the rich one at a time! Not that you will ever hear me criticise a Tory obviously!

I think that wages have levelled out a bit. I am openly racist when employing tradesmen, I have Polish sparks, plumber and cleaners. I find the Poles are more efficient than most - but they are no longer a cheap option, my sparks prices have gone through the roof. Mind you he is working on a project for the NHS at the moment and the money they are paying is ridiculous. He was telling me (as an example) that the company he works for charged £3000 for moving a power point three metres!

I mean FFS, who the hell is in charge of NHS finances? It's little wonder the NHS is skint.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:57 - Apr 3 with 1003 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:08 - Apr 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

It is flag display top trumps....what did you expect!

Better from you than 'yes but the Labour party'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 15:47 - Apr 3 with 953 viewsmonytowbray

Saw this in the evening and was like WOW.

He’s doing it on purpose and it seems the majority who reply who aren’t troll farm bots have told him where to stick it.

Wonder if he pays for those bots with his local budget or it comes directly from the party package?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 15:51 - Apr 3 with 944 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:18 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I think that Brexit has given racists an opportunity to spout their repugnant views.

But you said "Everyone who voted for Brexit is responsible for this"

Sorry but I think you're a tvvat mate.

Edit; Looking back it wasn't you who said it, but you obviously agree with it so my point remains.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 12:20]

“Own your sh1t” comes to mind.

TWTD never forgets…

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:03 - Apr 3 with 922 viewsClapham_Junction

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:35 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

If truth be told we will never fully know what reasons people voted. The way you word a survey can be slanted to get the result you want.

So let's talk about immigration, it is the elephant in the room and no one dares talk about it, but I don't give a sh1t so I will. Anyone who questions uncontrolled immigration is likened to Hitler.

Personally I quite like for example walking down Norwich Rd resplendent with my big white bald head and I like the fact that I can buy fresh herbs and spices that I can't in supermarkets, I like popping into a Portuguese coffee shop for a real non franchised coffee and I like to people watch all the families sitting amongst each other with three generations, I often look at them and realise they have got a better understanding of life and families than this white bald headed Englishman.

Basically I welcome multiculturalism and I am lucky enough to be a well travelled man to witness and understand other peoples cultures.

If however I were to question uncontrolled immigration I would be told that I am a racist - however we can only accept the amount of immigration that our infrastructure can cope with. If we take in more people than we can house then we are condemning them to poverty and crime. So what do we need to do? We need to create housing and schools to accommodate our own people and also the people who choose to come here. We cannot accept more people than we can adequately accommodate. If we have the infrastructure in place then I have no problem with people coming here to fill these places.

Now I am going to give all the cranks a complete wet dream, I am going to suggest that I have a big problem with people arriving at our shores in boats and dinghys. Yes, I am Hitler personified.

What we should do is take refugees from genuine refugee camps and I have no problem if we doubled our current allocation immediately. The dinghy situation though is dangerous, unvetted and quite frankly insane.

"So let's talk about immigration, it is the elephant in the room and no one dares talk about it"

I don't understand why people claim this so regularly. It's been endlessly talked about for the last 10-15 years and was even a campaign issue in the 2005 general election when the country was generally quite a harmonious place: https://www.ft.com/content/0b521e42-b336-11d9-ad2b-00000e2511c8
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:07 - Apr 3 with 912 viewsClapham_Junction

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:41 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I think that wages have levelled out a bit. I am openly racist when employing tradesmen, I have Polish sparks, plumber and cleaners. I find the Poles are more efficient than most - but they are no longer a cheap option, my sparks prices have gone through the roof. Mind you he is working on a project for the NHS at the moment and the money they are paying is ridiculous. He was telling me (as an example) that the company he works for charged £3000 for moving a power point three metres!

I mean FFS, who the hell is in charge of NHS finances? It's little wonder the NHS is skint.

That sounds like a PFI-type cost. Many years ago I tried to get a simple piece of work done at a fire station in Suffolk that had been built under a PFI deal. Anywhere else, it would have cost something like £50, but because it had to be done by the company maintaining the station under the PFI deal, it would have cost many times that... It's outrageous, and one of the reasons why not everyone looks back on New Labour with misty eyes.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:12 - Apr 3 with 906 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I have been around here for long enough to know how these things go but I am still surprised how quickly this thread has moved on from the neo-fascist tendencies of my no mark MP, via Brexit and immigration, to the Labour party.

On the other hand I suppose there are only a certain number of ways to say that Tom Hunt is not worthy of the position he holds.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:17 - Apr 3 with 899 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:12 - Apr 3 by You_Bloo_Right

I have been around here for long enough to know how these things go but I am still surprised how quickly this thread has moved on from the neo-fascist tendencies of my no mark MP, via Brexit and immigration, to the Labour party.

On the other hand I suppose there are only a certain number of ways to say that Tom Hunt is not worthy of the position he holds.

The % Nasuwt are putting out there is frightening too. I dare say Hunt and Williamson would ignore them too.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:28 - Apr 3 with 877 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:17 - Apr 3 by Mullet

The % Nasuwt are putting out there is frightening too. I dare say Hunt and Williamson would ignore them too.

Quite so Mullers.

“Ministers and school employers must recognise that to deliver the programme of education recovery vital for the nation’s children and young people, teacher wellbeing has to be recognised."

Apparently all that is required is a flag pole and a butcher's apron.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:30 - Apr 3 with 875 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:41 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Not racist but definitely xenophobic- something which you should be ashamed about.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:33 - Apr 3 with 866 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:06 - Apr 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

The problem was that the evidence of experience was that free movement from within the EU was suppressing wages and yet this was denied by the comfortably off as they benefitted from cheap cleaners, nannies etc...The comfortably off should not then act all surprised when they are slapped in the face.

Also..."protections of the EU"...for the self employed and the gig economy....are you joking. Dismantling the institutions of globalism for the benefit of the corporations and the rich one at a time! Not that you will ever hear me criticise a Tory obviously!

But I acknowledged that and you’ve answered something entirely different for some reason?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:44 - Apr 3 with 853 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:28 - Apr 3 by You_Bloo_Right

Quite so Mullers.

“Ministers and school employers must recognise that to deliver the programme of education recovery vital for the nation’s children and young people, teacher wellbeing has to be recognised."

Apparently all that is required is a flag pole and a butcher's apron.

Well-being has been at an all time low prior to the pandemic so it seems clear that the line will have continued to fall. I feel that ministers and mps commenting like this should be made to back them up.

He instead seems to revel in notoriety and upsetting people. Which says everything about his character.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:47 - Apr 3 with 851 viewsStokieBlue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:35 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

If truth be told we will never fully know what reasons people voted. The way you word a survey can be slanted to get the result you want.

So let's talk about immigration, it is the elephant in the room and no one dares talk about it, but I don't give a sh1t so I will. Anyone who questions uncontrolled immigration is likened to Hitler.

Personally I quite like for example walking down Norwich Rd resplendent with my big white bald head and I like the fact that I can buy fresh herbs and spices that I can't in supermarkets, I like popping into a Portuguese coffee shop for a real non franchised coffee and I like to people watch all the families sitting amongst each other with three generations, I often look at them and realise they have got a better understanding of life and families than this white bald headed Englishman.

Basically I welcome multiculturalism and I am lucky enough to be a well travelled man to witness and understand other peoples cultures.

If however I were to question uncontrolled immigration I would be told that I am a racist - however we can only accept the amount of immigration that our infrastructure can cope with. If we take in more people than we can house then we are condemning them to poverty and crime. So what do we need to do? We need to create housing and schools to accommodate our own people and also the people who choose to come here. We cannot accept more people than we can adequately accommodate. If we have the infrastructure in place then I have no problem with people coming here to fill these places.

Now I am going to give all the cranks a complete wet dream, I am going to suggest that I have a big problem with people arriving at our shores in boats and dinghys. Yes, I am Hitler personified.

What we should do is take refugees from genuine refugee camps and I have no problem if we doubled our current allocation immediately. The dinghy situation though is dangerous, unvetted and quite frankly insane.

On the immigration point, how does all that square with the post-Brexit decision to allow people to come from Hong Kong to the UK to settle given China's recent moves in the territory?

Estimates are as high as 300,000 over the next 5 years with the actual amount of people who are eligible at just over 5m.

I don't seem to see the same people who were up in arms at EU immigration or desperate people trying to get themselves a better life up in arms about this large potential migration.

Perhaps it could have something to do with this:

"The Home Office has estimated that tax receipts from new arrivals, many likely to work in well-paid sectors, suggest a net benefit to government finances of between £2.4 and £2.9 billion over five years."

Or perhaps the people who had a real issue with immigration previously just haven't cottoned on about it yet.

If the argument is that we don't have the infrastructure to accommodate more people then why isn't that argument being made about the upcoming HK immigration wave?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:58 - Apr 3 with 830 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 16:47 - Apr 3 by StokieBlue

On the immigration point, how does all that square with the post-Brexit decision to allow people to come from Hong Kong to the UK to settle given China's recent moves in the territory?

Estimates are as high as 300,000 over the next 5 years with the actual amount of people who are eligible at just over 5m.

I don't seem to see the same people who were up in arms at EU immigration or desperate people trying to get themselves a better life up in arms about this large potential migration.

Perhaps it could have something to do with this:

"The Home Office has estimated that tax receipts from new arrivals, many likely to work in well-paid sectors, suggest a net benefit to government finances of between £2.4 and £2.9 billion over five years."

Or perhaps the people who had a real issue with immigration previously just haven't cottoned on about it yet.

If the argument is that we don't have the infrastructure to accommodate more people then why isn't that argument being made about the upcoming HK immigration wave?

SB

The answer is that institutional racism that doesn’t exist so we were told this week.

East-Asian racism is much more casual and endearing than our views on the Middle East.

Posting this will save all the bother of watching the board’s right tie themselves up in knots. It’s Easter, cut ‘em a break!

TWTD never forgets…

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:28 - Apr 3 with 799 viewswkj

I hate that the Union Flag has become a hate symbol - thanks a f**king lot BNP.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:52 - Apr 3 with 762 views26_Paz

He’s right. Schools should fly the flag and they should do it with pride.

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 761 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:28 - Apr 3 by wkj

I hate that the Union Flag has become a hate symbol - thanks a f**king lot BNP.

National flags are used by a lot of far-right groups in different countries.

Largely, most British people aren’t patriotic as in fly-the-flag when compared to other societies- certainly if I see the Union flag flying high in someone’s garden I think that that person must be a bit odd - don’t think I’m the only one who thinks this.

Being patriotic doesn’t mean singing the national anthem and declaring your love to a family full of privilege.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 757 viewsm14_blue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:52 - Apr 3 by 26_Paz

Why?
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 754 viewsfooters

Here we go...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 753 viewsMattinLondon

Why?
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:55 - Apr 3 with 754 viewsghostofescobar

Your words are in the wrong order: schools should fly the Pride flag.

GhostOfEscobar

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:55 - Apr 3 with 751 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:54 - Apr 3 by MattinLondon

Why?

Just to teach people to be proud of the country they live in. It’s done in America so why not here?

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024