Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12803 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:56 - Apr 3 with 706 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:55 - Apr 3 by ghostofescobar

Your words are in the wrong order: schools should fly the Pride flag.

They can fly that as well if they want

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:58 - Apr 3 with 700 viewsm14_blue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:55 - Apr 3 by 26_Paz

Just to teach people to be proud of the country they live in. It’s done in America so why not here?

How does forced flying the flag teach people to be proud of the country?
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:58 - Apr 3 with 700 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:53 - Apr 3 by MattinLondon

National flags are used by a lot of far-right groups in different countries.

Largely, most British people aren’t patriotic as in fly-the-flag when compared to other societies- certainly if I see the Union flag flying high in someone’s garden I think that that person must be a bit odd - don’t think I’m the only one who thinks this.

Being patriotic doesn’t mean singing the national anthem and declaring your love to a family full of privilege.

This is it exactly.

This type of shallow, flag-waving patriotism is like beating your missus for a year, demanding your Findus crispy pancakes are on the table of an evening and cheating on her but still buying her petrol station flowers on Valentine's day and saying everything's going well.

Proper patriotism is being active in your community, looking out for other people and generally doing right by your fellow man/woman/person.

Unfortunately, this goverment does the former while most want to do the latter.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:59 - Apr 3 with 693 viewsfooters

Just to teach people to be proud of the country they live in. It’s done in America so why not here?

You and other patriots have a very shaky understanding of this country's history and language.

I agree we should promote education in both of those areas but don't think a piece of coloured cloth will be helpful in that.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:00 - Apr 3 with 688 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:58 - Apr 3 by m14_blue

How does forced flying the flag teach people to be proud of the country?

Not to mention the state of the US.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:01 - Apr 3 with 682 viewsSpruceMoose

We also shoot school children machine guns. Don't look to America for examples to follow.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:01 - Apr 3 with 681 viewsTrequartista

I've never really cared much about flags and I don't agree at all with compulsory flying of flags, but why is our flag provoking intense reactions? It's our national flag, what other country in the world would be embarrassed to fly their own flag?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:02 - Apr 3 with 668 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:59 - Apr 3 by footers

You and other patriots have a very shaky understanding of this country's history and language.

I agree we should promote education in both of those areas but don't think a piece of coloured cloth will be helpful in that.

I can see why it would appeal to a certain kind of simpleton though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:02 - Apr 3 with 669 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:52 - Apr 3 by 26_Paz

He’s right. Schools should fly the flag and they should do it with pride.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:02 - Apr 3 with 670 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:01 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

I've never really cared much about flags and I don't agree at all with compulsory flying of flags, but why is our flag provoking intense reactions? It's our national flag, what other country in the world would be embarrassed to fly their own flag?

Because our country is a country comprised of four countries with very different identities and histories whose collective flag has been used in three quarters of the world as a symbol of imperialism?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 662 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:36 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I agree that some people voted on a dislike of foreigners but It is ludicrous to suggest that this was the be all and end all. In my humble opinion those that spout that rubbish are just sore losers.

I thought long and hard about the whole thing and decided that it was better to remain - even though I can't stand the Brussels mafiosi.

Personally I think that people who suggest that everyone who voted Brexit is a racist are as thick as the racists that did.

But that isn't what was said at all.

All who voted to leave should recognise this is one consequence of that vote. That is what was stated.

I (and the other poster), at no point said everyone who voted leave had racist motivations. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to say that (given the nature of the official leave campaign) they were not uncomfortable with getting into bed with racists and xenophobes.

Not all leave supporters are racist but all racists are leave supporters.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 660 viewsMullet

Beheadings are done in Saudi Arabia so why not here?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 654 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:03 - Apr 3 by Mullet

Beheadings are done in Saudi Arabia so why not here?

Not much crime there.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:04 - Apr 3 with 654 viewseireblue

Must be hard for you missing Tony and the Cool Britannia vibe.

Don’t worry the Tories won’t be in charge for ever.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:04 - Apr 3 with 653 viewsStokieBlue

The obsession with flags is probably one of the most ridiculous things done in the US and it's internally divisive with many in the south preferring to proudly display the flag of their pro-slavery descendants.

It happens in China once a week yet the US feel the need to do it daily. Just think about that for a minute. It's nationalistic nonsense.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:06 - Apr 3 with 647 viewsjeera

I would suggest when we look at some of those countries who are particularly over fond of the flag waving, that we don't want to be like them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:07 - Apr 3 with 639 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:02 - Apr 3 by footers

Because our country is a country comprised of four countries with very different identities and histories whose collective flag has been used in three quarters of the world as a symbol of imperialism?

Yeah, but apart from that.....

Also worth adding that the embarrassing part isn't so much the idea of schools flying the flag, it's the idea of making it compulsory. Very odd that an allegedly 'small state' proto-libertarian version of the Tories would have MPs who think the state should get invovled in making flags compulsory. The absolute state of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:07 - Apr 3 with 639 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:55 - Apr 3 by ghostofescobar

Your words are in the wrong order: schools should fly the Pride flag.

A few of my colleagues do in their classroom. Some of us wear rainbow lanyards too to show support or start conversations. It’s notable that it was this lot that suppressed that through force of law too.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:07 - Apr 3 with 640 viewsitfcjoe

I’m not particularly anti our flag, or to be fair not against it at all - but if I were to fly a flag it would be the cross of St George. I’m English, not British if talking about nationality in that respect.

Tom Hunt is just an utter moron, who is proud of being so - just spends all his time trying to divide people rather than helping his constituency.

Does anyone really think schools should be flying the flag? Or singing the national anthem? Maybe Lords Prayer every morning as well......none of it offends me, but none of it is designed to help people

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:09 - Apr 3 with 630 viewsm14_blue

I couldn’t really care less either way about the flag but the issue is that it’s obvious and shamelessly being co-opted into this Tory culture war which is dividing and damaging the country.

Their whole raisin d’etre is to keep 45% of the country terrified of a bogey man that barely exists and this is the utterly transparent next phase.

Fcuk them.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:10 - Apr 3 with 632 viewsMullet

No one is embarrassed to, it’s just racist dog whistle nonsense. I’m more embarrassed so many of our country’s school kids need feeding and these bastards tried to stifle that too.

They want to pay people in claps and flags so they can shove even more into their pockets.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:10 - Apr 3 with 626 viewsTrequartista

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:06 - Apr 3 by jeera

I would suggest when we look at some of those countries who are particularly over fond of the flag waving, that we don't want to be like them.

Sure, that's why i'm against compulsory flags, and i do cringe when i see those with big flags in their gardens. But it is going too far the other way to start being embarrassed about it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 621 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:07 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

I’m not particularly anti our flag, or to be fair not against it at all - but if I were to fly a flag it would be the cross of St George. I’m English, not British if talking about nationality in that respect.

Tom Hunt is just an utter moron, who is proud of being so - just spends all his time trying to divide people rather than helping his constituency.

Does anyone really think schools should be flying the flag? Or singing the national anthem? Maybe Lords Prayer every morning as well......none of it offends me, but none of it is designed to help people

I said the Our Father and Hail Mary at least once a day throughout my schooling and look how I turned out ffs.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 620 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 17:52 - Apr 3 by 26_Paz

He’s right. Schools should fly the flag and they should do it with pride.

Should they fly flags that represent the nationalities of all staff and students too?

Some schools will have lots of flag poles.

I do like the fact that it will show how multi-cultural some schools are, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 619 viewseireblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 18:06 - Apr 3 by jeera

Loads of Turkish flags flown in Istanbul, if only the Brexiters knew....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024