Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12806 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:41 - Apr 3 with 839 viewsfactual_blue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:46 - Apr 3 by dickie

I don't think there are many politicians that I despise more than Tom Hunt and depressingly he represents me

I'm sure he's a good egg really.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:44 - Apr 3 with 816 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:40 - Apr 3 by MattinLondon

I never said that everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist - just that the result enabled the flag-saluting lot to feel more empowered. They would never have felt that way if we had remained.

No need to be so defensive.

I have nothing to defend as I voted remain.

I just don't like people putting down other normal people.

The outrage at people who voted Brexit is as ignorant as the racists who clung to it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:45 - Apr 3 with 819 viewsGuthrum

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:23 - Apr 3 by footers

It's a classic 'not what I voted for, mate' when anyone with half a brain could see what buttons the leave campaign were pushing and whose views they were emboldening. You can't separate the two- actions have consequences.

But, on the other hand, if you firmly believed in the sovreignty/economic benefits of leaving the EU*, would you be justified in not voting for that just because of the racist fringe?

That last has, I think, become more emboldened by Trumpism in the US - and the propaganda/money flowing from there - than Brexit alone.

* Not my position, by the way.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:48 - Apr 3 with 806 viewsKropotkin123

There needs to be a separation of nationalism and the state. The removal of flags from parks, schools and other non-governing institutions should be apart of this. I don't think it is healthy to encourage blind indoctrination, particularly of our young in schools.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:49 - Apr 3 with 806 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:44 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I have nothing to defend as I voted remain.

I just don't like people putting down other normal people.

The outrage at people who voted Brexit is as ignorant as the racists who clung to it.

Given the information available then and now, that doesn’t stack up at all. I agree with you that brexit voters aren’t uniform. But they all enabled these scumbags and do nothing to silence them either out of embarrassment or tacit support it seems.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:54 - Apr 3 with 785 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:49 - Apr 3 by Mullet

Given the information available then and now, that doesn’t stack up at all. I agree with you that brexit voters aren’t uniform. But they all enabled these scumbags and do nothing to silence them either out of embarrassment or tacit support it seems.

Brexit voters voted for whatever reason. You cannot criticise a Brexit voter for the fact that a few bellends did the same for other reasons.

Gunthrum mentioned it above. You cannot expect people who wanted to leave The EU for economic reasons to not have voted how they feel because a small proportion of idiots were clinging to the apron strings.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 12:57]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:58 - Apr 3 with 777 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:54 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Brexit voters voted for whatever reason. You cannot criticise a Brexit voter for the fact that a few bellends did the same for other reasons.

Gunthrum mentioned it above. You cannot expect people who wanted to leave The EU for economic reasons to not have voted how they feel because a small proportion of idiots were clinging to the apron strings.

That’s not what I said though is it? Where is the condemnation without the word “woke” being slung at people? Who is conspicuous by their silence?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:00 - Apr 3 with 766 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:58 - Apr 3 by Mullet

That’s not what I said though is it? Where is the condemnation without the word “woke” being slung at people? Who is conspicuous by their silence?

Where do you expect to hear this condemnation? Do you think people should be phoning you up to apologise?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:08 - Apr 3 with 753 viewseireblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:54 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Statistically, people that voted to leave for economic reasons were in a minority.

The surveys showed the majority of people voted leave for sovereignty and immigration.

In some ways, it is more accurate to characterise the people that were voting to leave for economic reasons as a minority clinging to apron strings.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 13:15]
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:18 - Apr 3 with 719 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:47 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Don't think so. I'm only aware of him through posts on here.

He occasionally crops in Private Eye, usually described as 'the never knowingly informed MP for Ipswich...'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:24 - Apr 3 with 704 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who'd have thought that a campaign waged on the dehumanising of foreigners would have ended up with an upturn of people not liking foreigners? You didn't need to be a psychic to see where that was going to end up.

I'm not sure being daft enough to think we'd lost our sovereignty, or naive enough to think we were suddenly going to be much better off, is quite the defense people seem to think it is.

Oh well, we are where we are. Maybe we should all just try and be a bit nicer to each other.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:27 - Apr 3 with 701 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:36 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I agree that some people voted on a dislike of foreigners but It is ludicrous to suggest that this was the be all and end all. In my humble opinion those that spout that rubbish are just sore losers.

I thought long and hard about the whole thing and decided that it was better to remain - even though I can't stand the Brussels mafiosi.

Personally I think that people who suggest that everyone who voted Brexit is a racist are as thick as the racists that did.

It's fair to say that not everyone who voted leave was stupid and racist. Some were just stupid.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:35 - Apr 3 with 674 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:08 - Apr 3 by eireblue

Statistically, people that voted to leave for economic reasons were in a minority.

The surveys showed the majority of people voted leave for sovereignty and immigration.

In some ways, it is more accurate to characterise the people that were voting to leave for economic reasons as a minority clinging to apron strings.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 13:15]

If truth be told we will never fully know what reasons people voted. The way you word a survey can be slanted to get the result you want.

So let's talk about immigration, it is the elephant in the room and no one dares talk about it, but I don't give a sh1t so I will. Anyone who questions uncontrolled immigration is likened to Hitler.

Personally I quite like for example walking down Norwich Rd resplendent with my big white bald head and I like the fact that I can buy fresh herbs and spices that I can't in supermarkets, I like popping into a Portuguese coffee shop for a real non franchised coffee and I like to people watch all the families sitting amongst each other with three generations, I often look at them and realise they have got a better understanding of life and families than this white bald headed Englishman.

Basically I welcome multiculturalism and I am lucky enough to be a well travelled man to witness and understand other peoples cultures.

If however I were to question uncontrolled immigration I would be told that I am a racist - however we can only accept the amount of immigration that our infrastructure can cope with. If we take in more people than we can house then we are condemning them to poverty and crime. So what do we need to do? We need to create housing and schools to accommodate our own people and also the people who choose to come here. We cannot accept more people than we can adequately accommodate. If we have the infrastructure in place then I have no problem with people coming here to fill these places.

Now I am going to give all the cranks a complete wet dream, I am going to suggest that I have a big problem with people arriving at our shores in boats and dinghys. Yes, I am Hitler personified.

What we should do is take refugees from genuine refugee camps and I have no problem if we doubled our current allocation immediately. The dinghy situation though is dangerous, unvetted and quite frankly insane.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:35 - Apr 3 with 676 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 12:23 - Apr 3 by footers

It's a classic 'not what I voted for, mate' when anyone with half a brain could see what buttons the leave campaign were pushing and whose views they were emboldening. You can't separate the two- actions have consequences.

Lest we forget as well, racially motivated crimes spiked in the wake of June 2016 and the language towards anyone deemed 'not English'(and I say 'not English', very specifically) in media and on the street has definitely changed for the worse - look at the David Lammy phone in the other day, where a caller described him as 'not English'.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:36 - Apr 3 with 666 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Beg your pardon!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:41 - Apr 3 with 654 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:35 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

If truth be told we will never fully know what reasons people voted. The way you word a survey can be slanted to get the result you want.

So let's talk about immigration, it is the elephant in the room and no one dares talk about it, but I don't give a sh1t so I will. Anyone who questions uncontrolled immigration is likened to Hitler.

Personally I quite like for example walking down Norwich Rd resplendent with my big white bald head and I like the fact that I can buy fresh herbs and spices that I can't in supermarkets, I like popping into a Portuguese coffee shop for a real non franchised coffee and I like to people watch all the families sitting amongst each other with three generations, I often look at them and realise they have got a better understanding of life and families than this white bald headed Englishman.

Basically I welcome multiculturalism and I am lucky enough to be a well travelled man to witness and understand other peoples cultures.

If however I were to question uncontrolled immigration I would be told that I am a racist - however we can only accept the amount of immigration that our infrastructure can cope with. If we take in more people than we can house then we are condemning them to poverty and crime. So what do we need to do? We need to create housing and schools to accommodate our own people and also the people who choose to come here. We cannot accept more people than we can adequately accommodate. If we have the infrastructure in place then I have no problem with people coming here to fill these places.

Now I am going to give all the cranks a complete wet dream, I am going to suggest that I have a big problem with people arriving at our shores in boats and dinghys. Yes, I am Hitler personified.

What we should do is take refugees from genuine refugee camps and I have no problem if we doubled our current allocation immediately. The dinghy situation though is dangerous, unvetted and quite frankly insane.

Agree with a lot of that...and to add don't even think about suggesting that a near limitless supply of cheap labour suppresses wages at the bottom!

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:41 - Apr 3 with 653 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:00 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Where do you expect to hear this condemnation? Do you think people should be phoning you up to apologise?

You seem to be doing exactly what you railed against on behalf of brexit voters here. Let alone the fact it’s painfully obvious where such opposition should be heard from these voters you defend. Everywhere we see this sinister and obvious flag waving divisiveness.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:41 - Apr 3 with 648 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:36 - Apr 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Beg your pardon!

He's saying everything is your fault ya big dick

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:43 - Apr 3 with 649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Look what the Old Labour flag ownership campaign has unleashed!

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:45 - Apr 3 with 642 viewsIllinoisblue

Is his middle name Mike?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 632 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:41 - Apr 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Agree with a lot of that...and to add don't even think about suggesting that a near limitless supply of cheap labour suppresses wages at the bottom!

On that point, how does leaving the EU suppress that when there will always be a desire for cheap labour? Especially when now those in charge seem to want some weird echo of the commonwealth/slave era use of migration instead when it’s put to them? What does it change by removing at least the protections the EU gave everyone when it came to labour laws etc?

The fact they’ve got brexit and wrecked the economy further doesn’t help either does it?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:58 - Apr 3 with 612 viewseireblue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:35 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

So you take a meta-analysis of many surveys. Which does point to those reasons as the main factor.
It is also what the Brexit campaigners under Cummings purposeful targeted with the “Taking Back Control” message.

I would suggest, even your thoughts have been framed by Brexit type dialogue.

The importance on resources vs population should be formed by demographic data, not simple levels of immigration.

E.g. how do you fund an ageing population with a declining workforce?

Rural areas have older populations.

Uncontrolled immigration is not the same as free movement of labour.
That is again taking a Brexit characterisation of a topic.

Even many Brexit supporters suggested there would be an economic impact, Farage even said it would be better to be poorer if that was a cost to reducing immigration.

Lots of people talk about immigration.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:06 - Apr 3 with 587 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:43 - Apr 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Look what the Old Labour flag ownership campaign has unleashed!

A tidal wave of whatabouttery and 'yes, but Labour' horsesh1t?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:06 - Apr 3 with 584 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:49 - Apr 3 by Mullet

On that point, how does leaving the EU suppress that when there will always be a desire for cheap labour? Especially when now those in charge seem to want some weird echo of the commonwealth/slave era use of migration instead when it’s put to them? What does it change by removing at least the protections the EU gave everyone when it came to labour laws etc?

The fact they’ve got brexit and wrecked the economy further doesn’t help either does it?

The problem was that the evidence of experience was that free movement from within the EU was suppressing wages and yet this was denied by the comfortably off as they benefitted from cheap cleaners, nannies etc...The comfortably off should not then act all surprised when they are slapped in the face.

Also..."protections of the EU"...for the self employed and the gig economy....are you joking. Dismantling the institutions of globalism for the benefit of the corporations and the rich one at a time! Not that you will ever hear me criticise a Tory obviously!

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 14:07 - Apr 3 with 580 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 13:58 - Apr 3 by eireblue

So you take a meta-analysis of many surveys. Which does point to those reasons as the main factor.
It is also what the Brexit campaigners under Cummings purposeful targeted with the “Taking Back Control” message.

I would suggest, even your thoughts have been framed by Brexit type dialogue.

The importance on resources vs population should be formed by demographic data, not simple levels of immigration.

E.g. how do you fund an ageing population with a declining workforce?

Rural areas have older populations.

Uncontrolled immigration is not the same as free movement of labour.
That is again taking a Brexit characterisation of a topic.

Even many Brexit supporters suggested there would be an economic impact, Farage even said it would be better to be poorer if that was a cost to reducing immigration.

Lots of people talk about immigration.

Thanks for your condescending reply.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024