Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners 09:39 - Apr 12 with 3157 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sounds to me like he's sticking around.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 9:39]

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:42 - Apr 12 with 2703 viewsFixed_It

The bedwetters had better start stripping their beds and get new sheets out.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:47 - Apr 12 with 2579 viewsKeno

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:42 - Apr 12 by Fixed_It

The bedwetters had better start stripping their beds and get new sheets out.

Maybe they will need to wash the green crayon off first?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:50 - Apr 12 with 2493 viewsMetal_Hacker

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:47 - Apr 12 by Keno

Maybe they will need to wash the green crayon off first?

After they stop licking the windows maybe ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 2452 viewsKeno

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:50 - Apr 12 by Metal_Hacker

indeed and finished the last Battenberg finger

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:52 - Apr 12 with 2429 viewsJ2BLUE

As predicted.

There's no chance it came as a complete surprise. Evans might have told him it was off but he would still have known it was a possibility however small. Happy to leave it there thought and move on. Great stuff.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 9:53]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:52 - Apr 12 with 2412 viewsWallingford_Boy

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:50 - Apr 12 by Metal_Hacker

Yet you were joining in with them below, you cheeky rascal!

But yeah, he is clearly fine, all is good, now lets get this season over with and crack on with summer recruitment!

RIP Sir Bobby

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:58 - Apr 12 with 2298 viewsMetal_Hacker

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:52 - Apr 12 by Wallingford_Boy

Yet you were joining in with them below, you cheeky rascal!

But yeah, he is clearly fine, all is good, now lets get this season over with and crack on with summer recruitment!

I was joining in ? THis morning I made comment that it was "non-commital" which the original post from the club was quite clearly .

Wally see my posts from yesterday fella ref it being nonsensical - nothing to see here !!!

Apart from that how are the illegal streams going ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:59 - Apr 12 with 2249 viewsWallingford_Boy

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:58 - Apr 12 by Metal_Hacker

I was joining in ? THis morning I made comment that it was "non-commital" which the original post from the club was quite clearly .

Wally see my posts from yesterday fella ref it being nonsensical - nothing to see here !!!

Apart from that how are the illegal streams going ?

You ok hun?

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:07 - Apr 12 with 2106 viewsmonty_radio

Not sure that assurances could be given about Cook's future relationship with an, as yet, unnamed CEO. Pleased Cook has broken his silence, but the story has a little way to run on yet before rank outsiders can either state authoritively that all is, or is not, well. If he really likes it down here and feels genuinely optimistic, then great. But a quick tweet with Watson is not the fulsome and open statement ultimately needed after the dust has settled. We've all praised the new openness so far; long may it continue.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 2028 viewsEwan_Oozami

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 09:51 - Apr 12 by Keno

indeed and finished the last Battenberg finger

No need to bring the Battenberg into it....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:13 - Apr 12 with 2020 viewspointofblue

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:07 - Apr 12 by monty_radio

Not sure that assurances could be given about Cook's future relationship with an, as yet, unnamed CEO. Pleased Cook has broken his silence, but the story has a little way to run on yet before rank outsiders can either state authoritively that all is, or is not, well. If he really likes it down here and feels genuinely optimistic, then great. But a quick tweet with Watson is not the fulsome and open statement ultimately needed after the dust has settled. We've all praised the new openness so far; long may it continue.

It’s a tweet from a much more in depth press conference, to be fair, so we’ll get more context in due course. It sounds positive though.

It is funny - obviously Cook hasn’t had the impact here even he probably hoped for but as soon as there were questions about whether he’d like it here I was very concerned. I think we have the right man but it’s a marathon and not a sprint. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:21 - Apr 12 with 1866 viewsSwansea_Blue

How on earth can it have come as a total surprise?

He obviously doesn't read Phil's reports.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:21 - Apr 12 with 1856 viewsHipsterectomy

Sounds like he’s off

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:22 - Apr 12 with 1820 viewspointofblue

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:21 - Apr 12 by Hipsterectomy

Sounds like he’s off

What makes you say that?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:24 - Apr 12 with 1793 viewsKeno

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:22 - Apr 12 by pointofblue

What makes you say that?

didn't think he smelt that bad, have you checked his best by date?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:28 - Apr 12 with 1729 viewsJ2BLUE

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:21 - Apr 12 by Hipsterectomy

Sounds like he’s off

No it doesn't

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:29 - Apr 12 with 1731 viewsPhilTWTD

All PC said about the new ownership this morning.

Cook: Very, Very Exciting Times Ahead Under Fantastic New Owners 12th Apr 2021 10:28
Boss Paul Cook admits that the Blues’ takeover came as a surprise to him last week but believes there are “very, very exciting times” ahead for Town under “fantastic new owners”. 39

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:39 - Apr 12 with 1674 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:29 - Apr 12 by PhilTWTD

Cook: Very, Very Exciting Times Ahead Under Fantastic New Owners 12th Apr 2021 10:28
Boss Paul Cook admits that the Blues’ takeover came as a surprise to him last week but believes there are “very, very exciting times” ahead for Town under “fantastic new owners”. 39

Thought this explained a lot. Cook was aware of incoming investment (hence comments about "behind the scenes) but didn't know it would be a full takeover until very late.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:53 - Apr 12 with 1601 viewsRadlett_blue

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:07 - Apr 12 by monty_radio

I think Cook joined Town under the Evans "I will let my manager manage" mantra, which he has stuck to in the past. The new owners seem to want a different football structure & if Cook wants complete control of recruitment (within a budget) as many managers do, this needs to be resolved quickly or else it will blow up at some stage. The last thing we need is Cook walking in the middle of the summer recruitment process.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:58 - Apr 12 with 1583 viewsgordon

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:53 - Apr 12 by Radlett_blue

I think Cook joined Town under the Evans "I will let my manager manage" mantra, which he has stuck to in the past. The new owners seem to want a different football structure & if Cook wants complete control of recruitment (within a budget) as many managers do, this needs to be resolved quickly or else it will blow up at some stage. The last thing we need is Cook walking in the middle of the summer recruitment process.

Yes, that'll be the issue, depends what kind of CEO we get in etc., and what the owners expect the relationship to be. Basically the Evans model is at the very extreme end of the 'let managers manage' scale and if that's what attracted Cook then we'll have to wait and see whether he's the right manager for the new structure - I suspect ultimately he won't be, but who knows.
From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 11:04 - Apr 12 with 1556 viewstractorboy1978

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:58 - Apr 12 by gordon

Yes, that'll be the issue, depends what kind of CEO we get in etc., and what the owners expect the relationship to be. Basically the Evans model is at the very extreme end of the 'let managers manage' scale and if that's what attracted Cook then we'll have to wait and see whether he's the right manager for the new structure - I suspect ultimately he won't be, but who knows.

A lot depends on the calibre of players being bought in too. If he's being handed turd I doubt he will be pleased but if they are unearthing decent players that fit his style and team identity, I can't imagine he will have complaints.
From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 1515 viewsitfcjoe

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:29 - Apr 12 by PhilTWTD

What are your thoughts or your hunch on it all, having seen the whites of his eyes, so to speak

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 12:36 - Apr 12 with 1381 viewshoppy

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 10:24 - Apr 12 by Keno

didn't think he smelt that bad, have you checked his best by date?

Maybe it was the cheese?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 12:46 - Apr 12 with 1342 viewsPhilTWTD

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 11:10 - Apr 12 by itfcjoe

What are your thoughts or your hunch on it all, having seen the whites of his eyes, so to speak

Seemed very positive, was very jokey with us. He didn't need to be as effusive about things if he had the sort of major concerns which had been speculated.

Maybe there'll be some bones of contention going forward but that can happen anywhere at any time, as Lambert's exit illustrated.
From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 12:54 - Apr 12 with 1306 viewschrismakin

From EADT - Cook excited for new Owners on 12:46 - Apr 12 by PhilTWTD

Seemed very positive, was very jokey with us. He didn't need to be as effusive about things if he had the sort of major concerns which had been speculated.

Maybe there'll be some bones of contention going forward but that can happen anywhere at any time, as Lambert's exit illustrated.

I think he'll be slightly concerned that a new owner won't understand the constraints he has with this squad and their limited ability

They'll already joked about play off final etc and as much as PC is trying, this lot just aren't delivering the goods.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024