Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: 11:30 - Apr 17 with 7270 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: on 11:50 - Apr 17 with 2445 viewsRobTheMonk

TEAM: on 11:43 - Apr 17 by BLUEBEAT

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I said it it, but you were thinking it.

Lambingo episode 2: The Scouse Strikes Back.
TEAM: on 11:51 - Apr 17 with 2444 viewsGuthrum

TEAM: on 11:39 - Apr 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

What does this do for Cooks credibility?

Suggested big changes were in the offing for today.

Maybe it's just last chance saloon.

Who else does he put in? Bunch of U23s to get smashed? Players who couldn't even get in the last few weeks' teams?

Think the wholesale changes are coming over the summer, not necessarily now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TEAM: on 11:52 - Apr 17 with 2431 viewspointofblue

TEAM: on 11:38 - Apr 17 by ArnieM

You need some experience in the back four I’d suggest .

I think Woolfie and McGunniness are paired because time and again our CB pairing has been caught napping with balls dropping into that six yard area .

I’m not sure if Cook has even had these two youngsters as a pairing since he’s been here has he ?

Our results with a Woolfenden/McGuinness centre back partnership:
Gillingham (H) W1-0
Crewe (H) W1-0
Hull (H) L0-3
Oxford (A) D0-0
Plymouth (A) W2-1
Portsmouth (H) L1-2
Burton (H) W2-1
Swindon (H) L2-3
Sunderland (H) L0-1
Crewe (A) D1-1
Blackpool (H) W2-0
Peterborough (A) L1-2
Northampton (H) D0-0

Blackpool and Swindon aside, basically fine against the lower sides but signs of struggle against those nearer the top of the table.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: on 11:53 - Apr 17 with 2423 viewspointofblue

TEAM: on 11:46 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

Back to 4-2-3-1, which I would hope we play for rest of season now.

I wonder if McGuiness and Bennetts are playing in lieu of new signings. They are the only odd choices.

Kenlock I think is still injured which would explain Ward who surely win't be here next year.

Kenlock’s on the bench, though?

TEAM: on 11:54 - Apr 17 with 2406 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like Cook has decided to go for it one last time.

Given them enough rope to either make something happen or hang themselves.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TEAM: on 11:56 - Apr 17 with 2377 viewsDennyx4

TEAM: on 11:46 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

Back to 4-2-3-1, which I would hope we play for rest of season now.

I wonder if McGuiness and Bennetts are playing in lieu of new signings. They are the only odd choices.

Kenlock I think is still injured which would explain Ward who surely win't be here next year.

Think you could be right re McGuinness & Bennetts. I wonder also whether he felt that some players were not 100% committed due to not having a contract next season, which doesn't apply to the loans.

Contracts not with us, but they know they have a football contract somewhere.

It did run through my thoughts, that if a player is not going in 100% into challenges, with the thought of picking up an injury, it would affect performance.
TEAM: on 11:58 - Apr 17 with 2330 viewschrismakin

Amazing bluff from PC.

Was not expecting a team like that.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

TEAM: on 11:58 - Apr 17 with 2321 viewspointofblue

TEAM: on 11:56 - Apr 17 by Dennyx4

Think you could be right re McGuinness & Bennetts. I wonder also whether he felt that some players were not 100% committed due to not having a contract next season, which doesn't apply to the loans.

Contracts not with us, but they know they have a football contract somewhere.

It did run through my thoughts, that if a player is not going in 100% into challenges, with the thought of picking up an injury, it would affect performance.

Don’t get McGuinness over Chambers though, especially if we are offering him a role at the club post retirement as rumoured so he knows he doesn’t have to pull out if challenges etc.

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: on 12:01 - Apr 17 with 2289 viewsPJH

TEAM: on 11:50 - Apr 17 by MrTown

No. Edwards won’t be kept.

That is wonderful news, if true.
TEAM: on 12:07 - Apr 17 with 2221 viewsIllinoisblue

Another chance for Bennetts to run around, give the ball away, and fail to put in a good cross.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TEAM: on 12:07 - Apr 17 with 2218 viewschrismakin

It's a bit strange considering his rants in the press conferences yesturday were made when the players he has chosen today were packing their stuff for the weekend.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The thing about Bennets... on 12:15 - Apr 17 with 2157 viewsunstableblue

TEAM: on 12:07 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

Another chance for Bennetts to run around, give the ball away, and fail to put in a good cross.

... is if you asked the opposition defenders recently the player they struggled with it would probably Bennets, as he is beating people, and pulling defences out of shape.... but as you rightly say it doesn't hurt them

he has done one or two decent crosses, but majority are poor...

if we can get bodies up with him,and allow him to offload more simply he could be an asset

god, i'm clutching at straws

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TEAM: on 12:22 - Apr 17 with 2098 viewslazyblue

He didn’t actually say big changes today though just during the summer.
TEAM: on 12:22 - Apr 17 with 2098 viewsjayessess

TEAM: on 12:07 - Apr 17 by chrismakin

It's a bit strange considering his rants in the press conferences yesturday were made when the players he has chosen today were packing their stuff for the weekend.

I couldn't really see how he was going to make the sweeping changes he'd been hinting at without playing kids who are a long way off ready.

I'd say Thursday's rant was either (a) Cook running his mouth without thinking or (b) Cook deliberately trying to provoke a reaction.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The thing about Bennets... on 12:22 - Apr 17 with 2097 viewsThe_Realist_09

The thing about Bennets... on 12:15 - Apr 17 by unstableblue

... is if you asked the opposition defenders recently the player they struggled with it would probably Bennets, as he is beating people, and pulling defences out of shape.... but as you rightly say it doesn't hurt them

he has done one or two decent crosses, but majority are poor...

if we can get bodies up with him,and allow him to offload more simply he could be an asset

god, i'm clutching at straws

I agree. It's sad that although he struggles for an end product, he is still one of the only players who looks like he has a chance of opening a team up by being willing to carry the ball or beat a man.

Bishop has the ability to carry the ball too, but doesn't do it enough for me, could just be a lack of confidence.
TEAM: on 12:23 - Apr 17 with 2093 viewsMookamoo

I'm happy-ish with that.

Ward isn't great, but he can't drop Chambers, not play Skuse and also drop Ward. Would like to have seen Dobra instead of Edwards, especially if Edwards will be off.

Everyone would moan if Chambers was picked instead of Vincent-Young. Perhaps put Chambers in the middle instead of McGuiness, but we have to play the likes of McGuiness if we want any decent loans next year, and lets face it, we will need them.

Woolfenden needs a run of games at CB now. He has to be allowed to make some errors.
The thing about Bennets... on 12:23 - Apr 17 with 2084 viewspointofblue

The thing about Bennets... on 12:22 - Apr 17 by The_Realist_09

I agree. It's sad that although he struggles for an end product, he is still one of the only players who looks like he has a chance of opening a team up by being willing to carry the ball or beat a man.

Bishop has the ability to carry the ball too, but doesn't do it enough for me, could just be a lack of confidence.

Much happier seeing Bishop in the number ten role though. His best performance for us was probably against Plymouth, in which he played there.

TEAM: on 12:24 - Apr 17 with 2078 viewsZXBlue

Bit baffling after the midweek comments. Biggest issue is scoring but the same old players continue in forward positions.
TEAM: on 12:25 - Apr 17 with 2072 viewsChrisd

Still lots of the players that have consistently failed, but are still getting their opportunity, really surprised by some of the selections of this squad today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

TEAM: on 12:25 - Apr 17 with 2071 viewsStewart27

TEAM: on 11:33 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Toto injured? Or is that a sign his time is up. Wonderful to see a 22-year old having to guide a 19-year old loanee through a match again, and probably get brickbats whilst doing it. Is he really considering a loan for McGuinness again? Otherwise, why not play Chambers? I can understand Ward at left back considering how young our centre back partnership is.

Edwards and Bennetts ahead of Dobra? Really?

I guess he’s trying to win the game and there’s no point playing chambers as he won’t be here next season.
TEAM: on 12:25 - Apr 17 with 2071 viewsTheBoyBlue

It all feels very much going through the motions. Whoever he puts out from the squad available to him is unlikely to get anything this afternoon.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

TEAM: on 12:26 - Apr 17 with 2064 viewsjayessess

Ward must be an A+ suck-up around the dressing room. Captain?!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

TEAM: on 12:26 - Apr 17 with 2055 viewsNthsuffolkblue

TEAM: on 11:33 - Apr 17 by DanTheMan

Hmmm, not as radical as I was expecting.

That said looks like the preferred formation. Not sure why we're bothering playing McGuiness.

Can only imagine that Toto is unavailable and he was determined not to use Chambers leaving us with little other option. The other possibility is that he wants to look at McGuinness with a view to possibly bringing him in next season. He certainly shows more passion than most.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Its a massive game for the Dozzell, Downes,Bishop trivariate on 12:26 - Apr 17 with 2055 viewsunstableblue

The thing about Bennets... on 12:23 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Much happier seeing Bishop in the number ten role though. His best performance for us was probably against Plymouth, in which he played there.

... we know Downes can step up for the big game, be counted

Dozzell, Bishop have gone missing in this crucial period... need to TURN UP

Chambo and Toto been punished for some absolutely WOEFUL defending on Tuesday

COME ON McGuiness show them how its done, walk the talk WOLFY

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TEAM: on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 2048 viewsGlasgowBlue

When he said that the next few weeks would be miserable I thought he meant for the players, not the fans.

Don't mind that back 4 but the midfield is the same old same old.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024