Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said 08:54 - Apr 27 with 14257 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

he'd "rather let the bodies pile high than have another lockdown" then surely he must resign?

I know he's got away with saying all sorts of disgusting things in the past, but with more than 127,000 deaths within 28 days of a positive test, and nearly 151,000 with Covid-19 on the death certificate, surely this is the final straw?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:00 - Apr 27 with 3747 viewsMattinLondon

No.
The people who support him will not hear a single word against him and believe that everything is a conspiracy against him by the liberal media. It’s like some sort of cultish hold he has over them.

The only thing he probably can’t get away with is to take us back into the EU.
Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:04 - Apr 27 with 3726 viewslongtimefan

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:00 - Apr 27 by MattinLondon

No.
The people who support him will not hear a single word against him and believe that everything is a conspiracy against him by the liberal media. It’s like some sort of cultish hold he has over them.

“The only thing he probably can’t get away with is to take us back into the EU.”

I’m sure if someone of influence made him a sufficiently “generous offer” he’d find a way!
Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:04 - Apr 27 with 3729 viewsHerbivore

You'll have noticed on here that not one of the posters who support Johnson and his cabal has come out to condemn what he's said. We're all disgusted by it, but we also thought he was a self-serving, inept, sociopathic charlatan before these comments came to light. Those who support him will continue to do so, unfortunately. They don't care about things like truth, integrity, and compassion it seems.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:08 - Apr 27 with 3677 viewsbluelagos

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:04 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

You'll have noticed on here that not one of the posters who support Johnson and his cabal has come out to condemn what he's said. We're all disgusted by it, but we also thought he was a self-serving, inept, sociopathic charlatan before these comments came to light. Those who support him will continue to do so, unfortunately. They don't care about things like truth, integrity, and compassion it seems.

What gets me is when you look at the 7 Nolan principles for those in public office.

Is there even one that you can say he stands by?

Selflessness. Holders of public office should take decisions solely in terms of the public interest.
Integrity.
Objectivity.
Accountability.
Openness.
Honesty.
Leadership.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:10 - Apr 27 with 3662 viewsHerbivore

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:08 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

What gets me is when you look at the 7 Nolan principles for those in public office.

Selflessness. Holders of public office should take decisions solely in terms of the public interest.
Integrity.
Objectivity.
Accountability.
Openness.
Honesty.
Leadership.

He fails on literally every single one of them.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:13 - Apr 27 with 3650 viewsBLUEGOLD

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:10 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

He fails on literally every single one of them.

But Corbyn
Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 3593 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd rather he resigned for mishandling the pandemic causing tens of thousands of unnecessary death, the rampant corruption, the undermining of the GFA which could increase instability in NI again, the attacks on democratic and legal structures and the significant weakening of our global reputation and standing.

But none of that seems to be as big a problem as saying something naughty, for some strange reason. The UK's a funny place right now that seems to have lost its moral compass and replaced it with short-lived, faux social media outrage.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:31 - Apr 27 with 3557 viewsBeckets

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:13 - Apr 27 by BLUEGOLD

But Corbyn

Keep up, it’s “but Starmer” now isn’t it?
Login to get fewer ads

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:44 - Apr 27 with 3479 viewsusm

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:25 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

I'd rather he resigned for mishandling the pandemic causing tens of thousands of unnecessary death, the rampant corruption, the undermining of the GFA which could increase instability in NI again, the attacks on democratic and legal structures and the significant weakening of our global reputation and standing.

But none of that seems to be as big a problem as saying something naughty, for some strange reason. The UK's a funny place right now that seems to have lost its moral compass and replaced it with short-lived, faux social media outrage.

Not only might he have said something a little naughty, but he also had his flat decorated.
Public execution is the only realistic option.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:50 - Apr 27 with 3461 viewsHerbivore

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:44 - Apr 27 by usm

Not only might he have said something a little naughty, but he also had his flat decorated.

Jesus wept.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:53 - Apr 27 with 3453 viewsclive_baker

I think the real litmus test for me is that now we're at the point whether he actually said it or not, we just not surprised by it. That in itself is more concerning.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:57 - Apr 27 with 3409 viewsDarth_Koont

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:08 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

Integrity.
Objectivity.
Accountability.
Openness.
Honesty.
Leadership.

Unfortunately, and this is something people like Peter Oborne and Peter Stefanovic have been pushing (uphill and against the wind), even parliament and the speaker are poor at enforcing these standards.

As it stands at the moment, you can lie but not be called a liar.

It’s like the political establishment have largely given up on the idea of a representational democracy and public service. This stuff from Boris may go beyond the pale and create a mini-storm but then we’ll be back to a sub-standard normality straightaway.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 9:58]

Pronouns: He/Him

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:58 - Apr 27 with 3412 viewsHerbivore

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:53 - Apr 27 by clive_baker

I think the real litmus test for me is that now we're at the point whether he actually said it or not, we just not surprised by it. That in itself is more concerning.

Indeed. Those of us that already think he's an awful c*** aren't surprised he'd say something like that. Those that support him aren't surprised and just don't care.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:01 - Apr 27 with 3390 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:25 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

I did say "apart from any of the other scandals" in my subject title. I mean 'not even considering those' it's enough for his resignation.

I hardly think "I'd rather the bodies pile high than have another lockdown" is merely "saying something naughty" and that the outrage is of the "faux social media" variety. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost loved ones and you think their disgust at these comments are simply "faux media outrage"?!? I guess you haven't lost someone close to you. My other half had a work colleague die of Covid. To hear her life belittled like this is abhorrent.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:11 - Apr 27 with 3347 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:44 - Apr 27 by usm

So, what is it about the incompetent, openly bigoted and corrupt Boris Johnson that appeals to you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:12 - Apr 27 with 3332 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:58 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

Indeed. Those of us that already think he's an awful c*** aren't surprised he'd say something like that. Those that support him aren't surprised and just don't care.

Eff this government of corrupt incompetent sociopathic bigots, eff anyone who voted for this government of corrupt incompetent sociopathic bigots and eff anyone who still supports and defends this government of corrupt incompetent sociopathic bigots.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:14 - Apr 27 with 3316 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:04 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

As with Trump, the corruption, incompetence and bigotry isn't a bug, it's a feature. We're talking about people who voted 'leave' in order to Own The Libs and actively embrace the bigotry and ignorance. Because it Upsets The Right People. Never mind that it's going to f**ck them up the sh1tter harder than Freddie Mercury after a dry spell, the lefties are upset, so that's what REALLY matters.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 18:59]

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:15 - Apr 27 with 3325 viewshype313

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:12 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

Eff this government of corrupt incompetent sociopathic bigots, eff anyone who voted for this government of corrupt incompetent sociopathic bigots and eff anyone who still supports and defends this government of corrupt incompetent sociopathic bigots.

I'm a lover not a fighter, but I would love the opportunity to line up Gove, Boris, Shapps and Hancock, baseball bat in hand, for someone to give me the green light to have 5 minutes letting some steam off.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:15 - Apr 27 with 3303 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:00 - Apr 27 by MattinLondon

No.

I reckon they could sell it with a 'we're going back into the EU because it's clear that they need some good old fashioned British common sense at the helm'.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:18 - Apr 27 with 3300 viewsjeera

Flat decorated.
Briefing room revamped.
Plane repainted.

It's all fun fun fun being in charge of a country.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:23 - Apr 27 with 3276 viewsBarneycurley

Do you not think that people could support him yet be horrified if he's said something like that?

Its all or nothing with some people, hey

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:23 - Apr 27 with 3276 viewshype313

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:23 - Apr 27 by Barneycurley

Do you not think that people could support him yet be horrified if he's said something like that?

What's there to support?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:29 - Apr 27 with 3239 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:23 - Apr 27 by Barneycurley

You'd have to be pretty stupid and/or awful if you did though, wouldn't you?

Because let's face it, if you weren't put off by the open corruption, the bigotry or the incompetence, you're not going to be put off by some 'bantz' are you, because you're already too far gone yourself and are more interested in Blue Passports, no foreigners and owning the libs to care about him actually doing what's right for the country at this point.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:33 - Apr 27 with 3233 viewsHerbivore

What would it say about your character though it you supported someone who has:

- Said they would rather let bodies pile up in their thousands.
- Suggested at the start of the pandemic we should "take the hit" and let Covid run through the population.
- Called people of colour piccaninies.
- Called gay men "tank topped bum boys".
- Compared Muslim women to bank robbers and letterboxes.
- Lied to parliament, repeatedly.
- Illegally shut down parliament and lied to the Queen about it.
- Lied about a border in the Irish Sea.
- Lied to the public, repeatedly.
- Conspired to have a journalist beaten up.
- Compared gay marriage to a union between "three men and a dog".
- Overseen giving away billions of money to his friends and party donors through cronyism.

There are things I've missed as well I'm sure. What is it about him that you support so wholeheartedly that you can overlook all of that? I'm genuinely curious.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 10:34]

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:37 - Apr 27 with 3204 viewsfooters

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:33 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

What would it say about your character though it you supported someone who has:

- Said they would rather let bodies pile up in their thousands.
- Suggested at the start of the pandemic we should "take the hit" and let Covid run through the population.
- Called people of colour piccaninies.
- Called gay men "tank topped bum boys".
- Compared Muslim women to bank robbers and letterboxes.
- Lied to parliament, repeatedly.
- Illegally shut down parliament and lied to the Queen about it.
- Lied about a border in the Irish Sea.
- Lied to the public, repeatedly.
- Conspired to have a journalist beaten up.
- Compared gay marriage to a union between "three men and a dog".
- Overseen giving away billions of money to his friends and party donors through cronyism.

There are things I've missed as well I'm sure. What is it about him that you support so wholeheartedly that you can overlook all of that? I'm genuinely curious.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 10:34]

I'm still waiting for the homemade Routemasters scandal to blow up.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024