Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said 08:54 - Apr 27 with 14459 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

he'd "rather let the bodies pile high than have another lockdown" then surely he must resign?

I know he's got away with saying all sorts of disgusting things in the past, but with more than 127,000 deaths within 28 days of a positive test, and nearly 151,000 with Covid-19 on the death certificate, surely this is the final straw?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:39 - Apr 27 with 1546 viewsjeera

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:23 - Apr 27 by Barneycurley

Do you not think that people could support him yet be horrified if he's said something like that?

Its all or nothing with some people, hey

That doesn't even make sense.

"Yeah, I can think the bloke's a complete **** but still support him".

Does this stuff really sound smart to you in your head?

All you seem to do is drop by and post this kind of nonsense.

It really is all or nothing with some people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:41 - Apr 27 with 1542 viewstractordownsouth

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:33 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

What would it say about your character though it you supported someone who has:

- Said they would rather let bodies pile up in their thousands.
- Suggested at the start of the pandemic we should "take the hit" and let Covid run through the population.
- Called people of colour piccaninies.
- Called gay men "tank topped bum boys".
- Compared Muslim women to bank robbers and letterboxes.
- Lied to parliament, repeatedly.
- Illegally shut down parliament and lied to the Queen about it.
- Lied about a border in the Irish Sea.
- Lied to the public, repeatedly.
- Conspired to have a journalist beaten up.
- Compared gay marriage to a union between "three men and a dog".
- Overseen giving away billions of money to his friends and party donors through cronyism.

There are things I've missed as well I'm sure. What is it about him that you support so wholeheartedly that you can overlook all of that? I'm genuinely curious.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 10:34]

Point of order re your second point - he didn't actually say that. In that particular interview he said (and I'm paraphrasing) that "some have suggested we should take it on the chin" rather than advocating that as a course of action. Although of course it can be argued that in the first half of March, that seemed to be what some in government were advising.

Obviously that's not an overall defence of him though, my views on him are pretty clear and the rest of your points explain why he's completely unfit to hold office.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:44 - Apr 27 with 1524 viewsHerbivore

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:41 - Apr 27 by tractordownsouth

Point of order re your second point - he didn't actually say that. In that particular interview he said (and I'm paraphrasing) that "some have suggested we should take it on the chin" rather than advocating that as a course of action. Although of course it can be argued that in the first half of March, that seemed to be what some in government were advising.

Obviously that's not an overall defence of him though, my views on him are pretty clear and the rest of your points explain why he's completely unfit to hold office.

I'm leaving it in because it's pretty evident that the government was considering a herd immunity strategy early on and this may well have contributed to the delay in locking down that cost upwards of 10,000 lives. He was, as he often does through his own words or others, testing the water to see how such a policy might play out when he made those comments. A sensible and decent leader wouldn't have even countenanced such a course of action.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:45 - Apr 27 with 1516 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:15 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

I reckon they could sell it with a 'we're going back into the EU because it's clear that they need some good old fashioned British common sense at the helm'.

OMG, that would actually work.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:48 - Apr 27 with 1501 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:33 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

What would it say about your character though it you supported someone who has:

- Said they would rather let bodies pile up in their thousands.
- Suggested at the start of the pandemic we should "take the hit" and let Covid run through the population.
- Called people of colour piccaninies.
- Called gay men "tank topped bum boys".
- Compared Muslim women to bank robbers and letterboxes.
- Lied to parliament, repeatedly.
- Illegally shut down parliament and lied to the Queen about it.
- Lied about a border in the Irish Sea.
- Lied to the public, repeatedly.
- Conspired to have a journalist beaten up.
- Compared gay marriage to a union between "three men and a dog".
- Overseen giving away billions of money to his friends and party donors through cronyism.

There are things I've missed as well I'm sure. What is it about him that you support so wholeheartedly that you can overlook all of that? I'm genuinely curious.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 10:34]

He's got a funny haircut.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:54 - Apr 27 with 1482 viewshype313

Gets worse.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:00 - Apr 27 with 1453 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:39 - Apr 27 by jeera

That doesn't even make sense.

"Yeah, I can think the bloke's a complete **** but still support him".

Does this stuff really sound smart to you in your head?

All you seem to do is drop by and post this kind of nonsense.

It really is all or nothing with some people.

As I said. It's all about Owning The Libs, rather than what will actually benefit the country or even yourself.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:09 - Apr 27 with 1455 viewsjeera

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:00 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

As I said. It's all about Owning The Libs, rather than what will actually benefit the country or even yourself.

When all the crap was doing the rounds on FB about Brexit, some bloke I know posted one of these ridiculous lists of made-up rubbish regarding EU 'laws' and regulations.

I went through most of them one by one and posted it politely pointing out there was a lot of this misinformation going about.

He responded with "yawn".

So he's happy to post a batch of lies written by some troll farm in the far depths of Eastern Europe somewhere but when faced with a few facts it's "yawn".

It's almost impossible to conceive how willingly stupid some people are. They will go to great lengths to paint you as the enemy whilst siding with some Russian troll.

Fecking patriotic that is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:12 - Apr 27 with 1449 viewsHerbivore

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:09 - Apr 27 by jeera

When all the crap was doing the rounds on FB about Brexit, some bloke I know posted one of these ridiculous lists of made-up rubbish regarding EU 'laws' and regulations.

I went through most of them one by one and posted it politely pointing out there was a lot of this misinformation going about.

He responded with "yawn".

So he's happy to post a batch of lies written by some troll farm in the far depths of Eastern Europe somewhere but when faced with a few facts it's "yawn".

It's almost impossible to conceive how willingly stupid some people are. They will go to great lengths to paint you as the enemy whilst siding with some Russian troll.

Fecking patriotic that is.

Half the country has totally lost its head. We're surrounded by madness on a national scale.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:15 - Apr 27 with 1425 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:48 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's got a funny haircut.

....and he'd be great fun to have a pint with, now stop taking the piss out of him or I'll leave the board in a huff.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 1419 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:31 - Apr 27 by Beckets

Keep up, it’s “but Starmer” now isn’t it?

Who?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 1431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 10:01 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I did say "apart from any of the other scandals" in my subject title. I mean 'not even considering those' it's enough for his resignation.

I hardly think "I'd rather the bodies pile high than have another lockdown" is merely "saying something naughty" and that the outrage is of the "faux social media" variety. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost loved ones and you think their disgust at these comments are simply "faux media outrage"?!? I guess you haven't lost someone close to you. My other half had a work colleague die of Covid. To hear her life belittled like this is abhorrent.

I didn't mean to trivialise the impact of those words on people who have lost loved ones. I just think that his actual actions (or lack of) that contributed to these deaths are more important than his tantrums and the stupid things he says. Absolutely it's a sickening thing to say and reflects his attitude to the whole farce. But if he hadn't dealt with it so badly we wouldn't even need to have this discussion.

I just find it strange that there is more of an outrage when he talks about bodies than when his failure of leadership actually results in unnecessary deaths.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:19 - Apr 27 with 1416 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:50 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

Jesus wept.

There's always a couple of 'duty' ones aren't there?

It's never the main players though, just the also-rans.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:21 - Apr 27 with 1413 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:18 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

Who?

Oddly enough the crank left believe this briefing against Boris is a conspiracy to keep "Keith" in a job. They hate him more than the Tories.

[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:22 - Apr 27 with 1421 viewsHerbivore

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:18 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

I didn't mean to trivialise the impact of those words on people who have lost loved ones. I just think that his actual actions (or lack of) that contributed to these deaths are more important than his tantrums and the stupid things he says. Absolutely it's a sickening thing to say and reflects his attitude to the whole farce. But if he hadn't dealt with it so badly we wouldn't even need to have this discussion.

I just find it strange that there is more of an outrage when he talks about bodies than when his failure of leadership actually results in unnecessary deaths.

Most of the press is broadly pro-Tory. I think they feel they can run with this as ultimately it'll be dismissed as 'just words' but it serves to fire a shot across Johnson's bow. If they went in as hard on the incompetence shown during the pandemic, that might be harder for their readership to just shrug off and they might struggle to maintain the 'he's doing his best' narrative when their daily propaganda sheet is telling them otherwise. They want to keep Johnson on his toes, they don't want to actually damage him.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:23 - Apr 27 with 1415 viewsLeoMuff

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 09:44 - Apr 27 by usm

Not only might he have said something a little naughty, but he also had his flat decorated.
Public execution is the only realistic option.

That lick of paint cost nearly the average purchase price of a house in the uk, the allowance was £30k, the rest paid for by “donors” allegedly

If that’s ok with you....

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:23 - Apr 27 with 1396 views26_Paz

I guess we will find out what the general public thinks of all these things in the local elections next week ...

The Paz Man

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:23 - Apr 27 with 1400 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:22 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

Most of the press is broadly pro-Tory. I think they feel they can run with this as ultimately it'll be dismissed as 'just words' but it serves to fire a shot across Johnson's bow. If they went in as hard on the incompetence shown during the pandemic, that might be harder for their readership to just shrug off and they might struggle to maintain the 'he's doing his best' narrative when their daily propaganda sheet is telling them otherwise. They want to keep Johnson on his toes, they don't want to actually damage him.

All about presenting an illusion of 'balance'. A fig leaf of respectability to cover the amount of cheerleading they do for the cult of incompetence, bigotry and corruption.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:26 - Apr 27 with 1398 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:23 - Apr 27 by 26_Paz

I guess we will find out what the general public thinks of all these things in the local elections next week ...

You'll be voting for someone non-blue then, given your avowed hatred of people saying 'howwid things' then?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:27]

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:28 - Apr 27 with 1380 views26_Paz

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:26 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

You'll be voting for someone non-blue then, given your avowed hatred of people saying 'howwid things' then?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:27]

I’ll be voting Tory mate. I think you get a second vote in the London mayoral election, not sure what I’m doing with that yet.

The Paz Man

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:29 - Apr 27 with 1380 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:28 - Apr 27 by 26_Paz

I’ll be voting Tory mate. I think you get a second vote in the London mayoral election, not sure what I’m doing with that yet.

Thought not. The Decent Right strike again.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said by BlueBadger 27 Apr 2021 10:11
So, what is it about the incompetent, openly bigoted and corrupt Boris Johnson that appeals to you?

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:31 - Apr 27 with 1387 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:15 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

....and he'd be great fun to have a pint with, now stop taking the piss out of him or I'll leave the board in a huff.

I'm sure he would. I reckon Jonathan Ross would be great to have a pint with but I wouldn't want him running the country.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:32 - Apr 27 with 1374 views26_Paz

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:29 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

Thought not. The Decent Right strike again.

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said by BlueBadger 27 Apr 2021 10:11
So, what is it about the incompetent, openly bigoted and corrupt Boris Johnson that appeals to you?

Re the bodies piling up comment. I’m pleased that all options were discussed. Letting the virus burn itself out was an option. It was discussed and not selected, I don’t see the issue.
Re the flat redecoration, I’m far more interested in how we will repay the billions and billions worth of debt we have incurred rather than where a few thousand for a new kitchen came from.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:32]

The Paz Man

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:33 - Apr 27 with 1379 viewshype313

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:32 - Apr 27 by 26_Paz

Re the bodies piling up comment. I’m pleased that all options were discussed. Letting the virus burn itself out was an option. It was discussed and not selected, I don’t see the issue.
Re the flat redecoration, I’m far more interested in how we will repay the billions and billions worth of debt we have incurred rather than where a few thousand for a new kitchen came from.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:32]

"Re the bodies piling up comment. I’m pleased that all options were discussed"

Wow.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:34 - Apr 27 with 1371 viewsfooters

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said on 11:31 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm sure he would. I reckon Jonathan Ross would be great to have a pint with but I wouldn't want him running the country.

Jonathan Ross?! Bloody hell, Dolly, of all the examples you could have picked.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024