Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 09:55 - May 3 with 6277 viewsreusersfreekicks

2 questions:
Do you think Cook should keep him?
Do you think he will keep him?
Bishop on 11:30 - May 3 with 2022 viewsMrTown

Bishop on 11:23 - May 3 by WD19

Its a wafer thin call this. Cook has tried him in several positions without any real success. I sense that he 'wants' to keep him, but not sure if Bishop has done enough to justify it yet.

I think it is 60:40 keep......but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

Not particularly a difficult one for me. Doesn’t do enough, nowhere near consistently.

Think he last scored a goal back in October, could be wrong on that.

Tidy little player, another player you just can’t trust to deliver when playing though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop on 11:31 - May 3 with 2020 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes and probably.

Needs to develop a partnership with other midfielders and strikers but there will be different personnel here next season to give him a chance to do that. Has at least as much potential as Dozzell. If they stay fit they will play at a much higher level than mid table in League 1, hopefully with us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bishop on 11:34 - May 3 with 2011 viewspositivity

yes, he should
no, he won't

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Bishop on 11:36 - May 3 with 2010 viewsbraveblue

Afraid not. Played a lot more this year in Div 3 and kit really made his mark. Combined with likely injuries I would say no.

Think Cook might keep him.
Bishop on 11:40 - May 3 with 1996 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bishop on 11:30 - May 3 by MrTown

Not particularly a difficult one for me. Doesn’t do enough, nowhere near consistently.

Think he last scored a goal back in October, could be wrong on that.

Tidy little player, another player you just can’t trust to deliver when playing though.

This one.

He's been in for a long time. Injury prone. When fit never consistent as you have said.

We could easily do without him imo.
Bishop on 11:40 - May 3 with 1995 viewschrismakin

Head over heart moment really

Doesnt really offer much in an important role. Doesnt sore. Doesnt assist. Theres just nothing of use there.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop on 11:47 - May 3 with 1987 viewsFixed_It

Yes he should. Hopefully he will.
You shouldn't give up on talent like his just because of the failings of those around him. He will shine in a better team, which hopefully we will be next year

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bishop on 11:47 - May 3 with 1988 viewsBlueBadger

Bishop on 11:10 - May 3 by MrTown

No and no.

Not good enough consistently, talented little lad, but not good enough consistently.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 11:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 11:56 - May 3 with 1977 viewsParisBlue

Yes and yes (hopefully)

In a more forward thinking team he could be more effective. Also wins freekicks and penalties with his quick feet.

I think Cook has generally played him when available.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 11:57]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bishop on 12:09 - May 3 with 1947 viewsDubtractor

Yes and yes for me.

He needs to offer more than he has, but he has the ability and I think the attitude too, to be a decent player in this division.

Also, he is of very few who I think could haunt us if we let him go.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bishop on 12:14 - May 3 with 1935 viewsBiGDonnie

Definitely keep, and I think PC will keep him on. Is he under contract next season?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bishop on 12:18 - May 3 with 1925 viewsParky

I personally wouldn’t keep him, he’s not fulfilled his potential here due to injuries and isn’t consistent enough. If we’re keeping Downes, Dozzell and then Bishop, it’s the same midfield we’ve had this season, that hasn’t been good enough.

That said, I think Cook will keep him. He’s played him in near enough all positions in midfield and he starts every time he’s fit.
Bishop on 12:29 - May 3 with 1904 viewsParisBlue

Bishop on 12:14 - May 3 by BiGDonnie

Definitely keep, and I think PC will keep him on. Is he under contract next season?

We hold an option on his contract

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bishop on 12:33 - May 3 with 1894 viewsLower_North

No & no

Too Lightweight & injury prone
Bishop on 12:41 - May 3 with 1878 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Yes I think we should keep him and yes I think we will keep him. Bit of an enigma, one of those players that showed immense promise when first appearing on the scene but somehow has never progressed significantly beyond that promising youngster stage. Injuries haven't helped. Paul Cook has spoken numerous times about our inability to create and how he wants flair players to deliver, Bishop has not been doing that with any regularity regardless of his position so I can't imagine he will be a cornerstone of the team next season. Useful squad player and impact sub.
Bishop on 12:42 - May 3 with 1876 viewsBiGDonnie

Bishop on 12:29 - May 3 by ParisBlue

We hold an option on his contract

Cheers, it's a no brainer IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bishop on 12:42 - May 3 with 1873 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes and yes although he needs to find his early season form when he was driving at people and making dangerous runs in the final third.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bishop on 12:52 - May 3 with 1858 viewsMrTown

Bishop on 11:40 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

This one.

He's been in for a long time. Injury prone. When fit never consistent as you have said.

We could easily do without him imo.

I think if you are serious about top 2, in one of the most important roles in the side (no.10) going forward, can you really trust or see Teddy Bishop being your main man.

Not for me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop on 12:53 - May 3 with 1856 viewsChurchman

Yes.
Probably

Injury has robbed Bishop of an awful lot. I think rubbish coaching and playing with ten strangers rather than a team hasn’t helped either. I’d retain him. He has quality and in the right environment, I think he’ll look a better player than he does at the moment.
Bishop on 12:55 - May 3 with 1852 viewsmonty_radio

Bishop on 10:18 - May 3 by BlueBadger

More the gradual acceptance of head over heart that many, including yourself, so it would appear, are not yet ready to make. I've seen the dribbles, the feints, the football - it's been altogether lovely. I feel it's come to an end for us, you don't. Cook's perception will be based on greater understanding than yours or mine, but if he retains him, it'll be a hope rather than a conviction if he bases it on what he has actually seen.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bishop on 13:17 - May 3 with 1810 viewsDarth_Koont

Probably and probably.

He’s a bit of a conundrum for me. On his day, he’s unstoppable when he drives at defences. But not consistent enough the rest of the time.

So it depends on putting him the right team and seeing if we can bring out his undoubted strengths and hide/work on his weaknesses. Same goes for Dozzell really.

But I’d imagine that for a promotion season in League One we’d be most reliant on good-quality all-rounders like Downes and Nydam. Gets more difficult for Cook when you start having to build a team around players so they can show their best.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bishop on 13:32 - May 3 with 1787 viewsFtnfwest

A couple of months ago still yes and yes but not convinced cook will keep him now. If I had to choose then yes I’d keep him but I can’t help feeling he’s part of the large group that cook says he can’t trust.
Bishop on 13:40 - May 3 with 1774 viewsbobbyramsey

No from me, he's been part of the problem.

But I think PC will keep him.
Bishop on 13:43 - May 3 with 1773 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Yes.
Yes.

I hope he does keep him - I think Bishop can work well in the No 10 role - beats players, can play a good simple pass, gets goals. I'd like to see us keep Vincent-Young, Dozzell, Downes, Bishop and Norwood. I'm indifferent to Nsiala staying and would like to see Dobra and El Mizouni to be given more time. All the rest I wouldn't miss (just to be clear I'm not saying Skuse and Chambers have been bad players, they've reached the end of their playing careers).
Bishop on 15:15 - May 3 with 1703 viewsSwailsey

Yes
Hopefully

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024