Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No middle ground with Cook 17:56 - May 16 with 4732 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

In a couple of years He'll either be hated for selling the family silver in getting shot of academy graduates like Doz, Woolfenden, Nydam, Downes, Bishop etc, or he'll be a genius who rebuilt ITFC. I hope and I also fear....
No middle ground with Cook on 17:59 - May 16 with 2998 viewstextbackup

11th and 9th in league one?
Family silverware...?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No middle ground with Cook on 18:00 - May 16 with 2991 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt he'll be hated. I know we naturally want to see our younger players succeed but we can't keep holding off in league one waiting for them.

Some people seem to want to see the academy kids succeed more than the club. No criticism, just an observation. We'd all love a team of homegrown players but it's not going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the info is wrong though and we have a couple of them in the team next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No middle ground with Cook on 18:09 - May 16 with 2926 viewsVic

Personally, I don’t have much fear that he’ll get us up in a couple of years. Everything about the owners and the team they’ve put together just seems right. It’s what we’ve needed.

Losing the younger s without giving them a season to see if they can develop under a decent manager and with better players around them is a shame. But if in a couple of years we’re back in the championship and making progress I don’t think many of us will look back with too much anger.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

No middle ground with Cook on 18:20 - May 16 with 2833 viewsBelsteadCav

Family silver 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂🤣🤣

Worst Ipswich town side in history.

If these players were that good, why are we still in division 3?

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

No middle ground with Cook on 18:38 - May 16 with 2693 viewsmrshallisfit

No middle ground with Cook on 17:59 - May 16 by textbackup

11th and 9th in league one?
Family silverware...?

Yep. More like a rolled-up ball of tin foil.
No middle ground with Cook on 18:38 - May 16 with 2689 viewsOldboy

No middle ground with Cook on 18:20 - May 16 by BelsteadCav

Family silver 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂🤣🤣

You beat me to it. Worst team by a country mile. If anybody wants this shower, they are welcome to them.
No middle ground with Cook on 18:40 - May 16 with 2663 viewsStokieBlue

No middle ground with Cook on 18:00 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Doubt he'll be hated. I know we naturally want to see our younger players succeed but we can't keep holding off in league one waiting for them.

Some people seem to want to see the academy kids succeed more than the club. No criticism, just an observation. We'd all love a team of homegrown players but it's not going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the info is wrong though and we have a couple of them in the team next season.

This post is spot on.

Bishop isn't even a younger player anymore, he will be 25 at the start of next season.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

No middle ground with Cook on 18:41 - May 16 with 2660 viewsStewart27

Can we just clarify that he’s not getting rid of the actual academy.

Just the academy products that we wanted to succeed, who have led us to 11th and 9th in league one.

I really, really wanted them to succeed.
Login to get fewer ads

No middle ground with Cook on 18:42 - May 16 with 2642 viewsstonojnr

No middle ground with Cook on 18:09 - May 16 by Vic

Personally, I don’t have much fear that he’ll get us up in a couple of years. Everything about the owners and the team they’ve put together just seems right. It’s what we’ve needed.

Losing the younger s without giving them a season to see if they can develop under a decent manager and with better players around them is a shame. But if in a couple of years we’re back in the championship and making progress I don’t think many of us will look back with too much anger.

he wont get a couple of years, he gets Town up next season or not keep them in the top 2 within 18 months he'll be looking for a new job, its just the simple business of expectation the new owners will adhere to having spent out their millions in money buying him the team he wants, they will demand success not excuses.

the average time a League One manager stays in post is just under 500 days.
No middle ground with Cook on 19:09 - May 16 with 2550 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

No middle ground with Cook on 19:23 - May 16 with 2482 viewsitfcjoe

Family silver 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂🤣🤣

Well this season they had a manager who checked out before the season started, who then sacked the fitness coach and just sucked the life out of the club.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm also coming to the CONCLUSION that Cook/US project is going to be.... on 19:33 - May 16 with 2404 viewsunstableblue

..... HUGELY SUCCESFUL or an UNMITIGATED clusterf@ck disaster

I don't think there is any middle ground

This scale of root and branch monumental change going on is unprecedented

But I have to say the US team seem quite naive to me... their media strategy is comical

Any success is coming from Cook and Ashton only, mark my words, that's where our hopes lie

You think we had a rollercoaster with Marcus?! we're entering a whole new fun fair PEOPLE

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

No middle ground with Cook on 19:35 - May 16 with 2356 viewsBlueBadger

No middle ground with Cook on 19:23 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Well this season they had a manager who checked out before the season started, who then sacked the fitness coach and just sucked the life out of the club.

...and would rather sign loanees than coach his players from day one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No middle ground with Cook on 19:37 - May 16 with 2317 viewsreusersfreekicks

Family silver 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂🤣🤣

So every single one of them is rubbish eh?
No middle ground with Cook on 19:39 - May 16 with 2311 viewsLeoMuff

No middle ground with Cook on 19:23 - May 16 by itfcjoe

and last seasons excuse ? I want these guys here and winning things, but if Cook thinks they are not part of his plans or could use the money to strengthen then so be it, they have had chances a plenty.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

That's where I am now on 19:41 - May 16 with 2300 viewsScottCandage

No middle ground with Cook on 19:09 - May 16 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Yes, we have (had?) some talented youth now coming into their own. There might have been a time that Dozzell hadn't gotten a fair shot, but now they all have had a fair shot at showing who they are as players. I don't think that we need to see more from any of them to see if they will push on to be top level players. Can anyone really say that Downes, Dozzell or Woolfie will actually do so? And they had the GREATEST chance to show who they are and what they could be when Cook came in. They obviously didn't impress him, or at least not to the extent that Cook might have felt the desire to keep them around no matter the cost (opportunity or direct).

I believe that if any player had impressed Cook greatly, he would not have gotten rid (or said they could leave). Whatever Paul Cook is, he isn't an idiot.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 19:42]
No middle ground with Cook on 20:32 - May 16 with 2058 viewspointofblue

It would have been nice to see some of the younger players - Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell, Dobra - in a squad which has balance and shape coupled with competent management and coaching with a pre-season behind them. Alas, it doesn’t look like they’ll get this chance with us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No middle ground with Cook on 21:10 - May 16 with 1904 viewsBlueBadger

No middle ground with Cook on 19:39 - May 16 by LeoMuff

and last seasons excuse ? I want these guys here and winning things, but if Cook thinks they are not part of his plans or could use the money to strengthen then so be it, they have had chances a plenty.

Would have been quite nice to see what they good actually do in an organised team that was actually being properly coached and motivated with better players around them though rather than playing under a fraud who'd gotten them relegated and then decided he'd rather sign loan players than do his job properly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No middle ground with Cook on 21:36 - May 16 with 1836 viewsgazzer1999

No middle ground with Cook on 21:10 - May 16 by BlueBadger

Would have been quite nice to see what they good actually do in an organised team that was actually being properly coached and motivated with better players around them though rather than playing under a fraud who'd gotten them relegated and then decided he'd rather sign loan players than do his job properly.

Let it go Badger, Lambo has gone lets look forward. I would like nothing better than to see a team of graduates from the academy make the first team and succeed. However it won't happen overnight and if it means we bring in 11 players and some loanees to get us promotion so be it. I just don't want to be stuck in the 3rd division after next year.
No middle ground with Cook on 22:14 - May 16 with 1719 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Name one manager who hasn't sold a player who has gone on to do better, it ain't an exact science. Just get behind the man and let's look forward, he has to build an entire team let alone a squad, of that there can be no doubt, the existing one was becoming non-league level
No middle ground with Cook on 22:31 - May 16 with 1657 viewspointofblue

No middle ground with Cook on 22:14 - May 16 by have_a_word_with_him

Name one manager who hasn't sold a player who has gone on to do better, it ain't an exact science. Just get behind the man and let's look forward, he has to build an entire team let alone a squad, of that there can be no doubt, the existing one was becoming non-league level

That’s just hyperbole - even with Lambert’s undoubted ‘qualities’ and Cook giving up on them the squad still got us to ninth in League One. Nowhere near good enough but nowhere near non-League standard either.

No middle ground with Cook on 22:45 - May 16 with 1629 viewsEireannach_gorm

No middle ground with Cook on 21:36 - May 16 by gazzer1999

Let it go Badger, Lambo has gone lets look forward. I would like nothing better than to see a team of graduates from the academy make the first team and succeed. However it won't happen overnight and if it means we bring in 11 players and some loanees to get us promotion so be it. I just don't want to be stuck in the 3rd division after next year.

We dont have to throw the babies out with the bathwater.
No middle ground with Cook on 22:49 - May 16 with 1619 viewshave_a_word_with_him

No middle ground with Cook on 22:31 - May 16 by pointofblue

That’s just hyperbole - even with Lambert’s undoubted ‘qualities’ and Cook giving up on them the squad still got us to ninth in League One. Nowhere near good enough but nowhere near non-League standard either.

seriously this is your point, a squad that got us to 9th in league one, so a statement about non-league is hyperbole? yeah they were ready to really push on and ensure we only dropped to League 2 but not beyond... awesome. good grief.
No middle ground with Cook on 23:42 - May 16 with 1507 viewspatrickswell

No middle ground with Cook on 22:45 - May 16 by Eireannach_gorm

We dont have to throw the babies out with the bathwater.

I think the most devastating quote so far from Cook has been the one about the atmosphere in the changing room being the same after a win as it was after a defeat. At its root, that is why Cook is opening the exit door for virtually the whole squad. He can coach them to be better players, but he can’t turn around players who are demotivated to succeed and laissez faire about failure.

This squad hasn’t looked comfortable in its skin for 3 years. Neither Cook or us can put up with that any longer.
No middle ground with Cook on 00:11 - May 17 with 1462 viewspointofblue

No middle ground with Cook on 22:49 - May 16 by have_a_word_with_him

seriously this is your point, a squad that got us to 9th in league one, so a statement about non-league is hyperbole? yeah they were ready to really push on and ensure we only dropped to League 2 but not beyond... awesome. good grief.

You do understand League One isn’t a non-League division? Can’t believe I’m asking this but...

ETA - Not to say it is good enough, it isn’t, but there’s no need to make it sound even worse than it is.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 0:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024