Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bish not had many takers..? 19:37 - May 24 with 4318 viewschrismakin

I've never seen footballers apart from conference level put their highlights on twitter..as a means of putting themselves out there

[Post edited 24 May 2021 19:44]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bish not had many takers..? on 20:56 - May 24 with 1109 viewsLeoMuff

Bish not had many takers..? on 19:58 - May 24 by JackSted

I don't get this. So even though we triggered his extension, he goes ahead at the lazy option to try and find himself a new club instead of trying to prove himself to PC that he should stay.

Definitely shows what his attitude is like.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 20:02]

He got back to regularly playing after being injured for 2 years, that in itself says he most likely isn’t lazy. He would be a great acquisition for any league 1 club, and could play in the championship again if he has a decent season.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:00 - May 24 with 1086 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The highlights peter out pretty quickly.

By the end its just him completing a standard pass.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:03 - May 24 with 1087 viewsxrayspecs

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:00 - May 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

No shots on targets, no assists.

Not sure the reel does him justice as he scored a few this year...
Bish not had many takers..? on 21:10 - May 24 with 1062 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:03 - May 24 by xrayspecs

Pretty sure it included all 4 goals.

To be fair, I'd love him to stay and rip it up next season. But that's hope not expectation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bish not had many takers.. on 21:15 - May 24 with 1052 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bish not had many takers.. on 19:40 - May 24 by J2BLUE

4140 minute league season no including injury time

2 minutes 13 seconds of highlights...

He's probably retweeting a fan made video. I'm sure he could sell himself better than with two minutes of highlights.

130 seconds of highlights for 36 appearances. Thats less than 4 seconds of highlights for every game.

That's not a great look for a highlights reel.

To be fair, I've always liked Bishop, and although he was a failure last year like everyone else, I'd love nothing more than to see him come good next season. (Even if that's for someone else).

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:17 - May 24 with 1042 viewsJ2BLUE

He scored at least two in that footage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:40 - May 24 with 1000 viewsjeera

You need to clean those specs buh!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:42 - May 24 with 997 viewsJackSted

Bish not had many takers..? on 20:31 - May 24 by clive_baker

Biggest load of sh1t I’ve read on here today, and that’s saying a lot.

Chill, Clive, it's just my opinion no need to get aggressive.

Maybe I worded it a bit wrong but I've just never seen a player post those sort of videos unless they've been released which is just weird to me. If this was me I'd want to prove to the boss he's making a bad decision in allowing me to go. To me it just feels like he's accepted his fate without any fight
[Post edited 24 May 2021 21:43]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Login to get fewer ads

Bish not had many takers..? on 23:03 - May 24 with 913 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:42 - May 24 by JackSted

Maybe I worded it a bit wrong but I've just never seen a player post those sort of videos unless they've been released which is just weird to me. If this was me I'd want to prove to the boss he's making a bad decision in allowing me to go. To me it just feels like he's accepted his fate without any fight

Your opinion is clearly well wide of the mark.

He has got fit and played this season. He played enough to trigger an automatic contract extension. His lack of effectiveness in our team has been matched by the rest of our squad.

I am sure that, if he can continue to stay fit and he gets the right players around him, he will be a very good footballer at this level or the level above. Cook is looking to get in the players he wants and that requires shifting players out and as many as possible. If he can get in the right players that he wants and they work well with whatever remnants of the current squad are here, that bodes well for us. Anyone who can't see we need a lot of change from what we have had the past 2-3 seasons must be very short-sighted.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bish not had many takers.. on 23:20 - May 24 with 902 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bish not had many takers.. on 19:39 - May 24 by wkj

Good lord - you really are the Alex Jones of football aren't you.

Has to spend 30 minutes a day putting up with Jermaine Jenas' 'jokes', and is also pregnant?

Congrats Makers on your happy news.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bish not had many takers..? on 23:41 - May 24 with 877 viewschrismakin

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:42 - May 24 by JackSted

Tbf that is the point of my OP... I agree the vids arent something you tend to see from a player in contract at a club.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bish not had many takers..? on 00:50 - May 25 with 841 viewsBlueBadger

Bish not had many takers..? on 23:41 - May 24 by chrismakin

Tbf that is the point of my OP... I agree the vids arent something you tend to see from a player in contract at a club.

I realise that footballers aren't renowned for their brains, but I was wanting to punt myself around a bit I'd be compiling a 'best of' video from when I was playing in a side that nearly got promoted from the Championship, rather than one that finished mid-table in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bish not had many takers.. on 01:41 - May 25 with 827 viewsBlueBadger

Bish not had many takers.. on 20:02 - May 24 by SitfcB

You seem to miss a lot yet speak a lot.

Lad's in his first season stepping up from the News comments, there's gonna be times he looks out of his depth at a higher level.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bish not had many takers..? on 05:00 - May 25 with 783 viewsBondiBlue

Do we know if paul cook's seen this?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Bish not had many takers..? on 06:28 - May 25 with 749 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bish not had many takers..? on 06:54 - May 25 with 735 viewsblueconscience

He forgot the main clip of him laying on a treatment table.

A few nice goals though.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 7:13]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Bish not had many takers..? on 07:04 - May 25 with 726 viewsSamWhiteUK

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:00 - May 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

The last clip is clearly to show him beating a man

This is a better highlight reel than the majority of our players could put together, and there's at least one pass in there that if Dozzell had made, everyone on here would be wetting themselves. Think people need to lay off a bit. I'm pretty sure I've seen TB post stuff like this before?
Bish not had many takers..? on 07:54 - May 25 with 667 viewsitfc_bucks

Bish not had many takers..? on 20:31 - May 24 by clive_baker

Biggest load of sh1t I’ve read on here today, and that’s saying a lot.

This
Bish not had many takers..? on 08:14 - May 25 with 635 viewstomo

I like this one Benteke did yesterday.

Bish not had many takers..? on 08:20 - May 25 with 627 viewsitfcjoe

Bish not had many takers..? on 07:54 - May 25 by itfc_bucks

This

This need to just hate on our players is just so OTT

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bish not had many takers..? on 08:34 - May 25 with 607 viewsChurchman

Bish not had many takers..? on 23:03 - May 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Your opinion is clearly well wide of the mark.

He has got fit and played this season. He played enough to trigger an automatic contract extension. His lack of effectiveness in our team has been matched by the rest of our squad.

I am sure that, if he can continue to stay fit and he gets the right players around him, he will be a very good footballer at this level or the level above. Cook is looking to get in the players he wants and that requires shifting players out and as many as possible. If he can get in the right players that he wants and they work well with whatever remnants of the current squad are here, that bodes well for us. Anyone who can't see we need a lot of change from what we have had the past 2-3 seasons must be very short-sighted.

I think the issue for any club taking him on or us retaining him is his fitness. The general trend is that once a player is injury prone, they stay injury prone. It’s a similar situation to that of Jonny Williams - another really good player wrecked by injury. Can Bishop be relied on to play the games? Is part of his fitness problems down to our lack of medical and rehab facilities and staff that know what they are doing?

The sadness for me is that Bishop looked the real deal when he first broke into the team. The best Academy midfielder by far to break into the team since Dyer. I thought a season or two for us then one of the better Premier clubs would take him. Sadly, injury has robbed him of a big chunk of his game.

I hope for his career he can stay injury free now and playing in a better team might help, but I don’t see how you can rely on him.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 8:35]
Bish not had many takers..? on 08:54 - May 25 with 577 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Bish not had many takers..? on 05:00 - May 25 by BondiBlue

Do we know if paul cook's seen this?

I shouldn't think he wants to.

The contract extension was realised in January, long before he started.
Bish not had many takers.. on 08:59 - May 25 with 554 viewsWickets

Bish not had many takers.. on 19:51 - May 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

He is available for free?

I thought we were still expecting fees for these players we are happy to let go. Otherwise, remind me, why did we resign Jackson?

Plus, since we haven't yet shifted anyone on a contract out of the door, Bishop still could be the first. It is just that at the moment, some teams are still playing this season and others have not yet started sorting out squads for next season. I am sure there are dealings going on behind the scenes but nothing is likely to be officially announced before June for most players except where it is a player staying on a new contract.

Yes i am sure there is a lot in what you are saying , its not like going to the shop to buy a tin of beans is it . I think we would all like to see a bit of progress but it more likely to be another month before anything concrete happens .
Bish not had many takers..? on 09:43 - May 25 with 492 viewsxrayspecs

Bish not had many takers..? on 21:40 - May 24 by jeera

You need to clean those specs buh!

Very odd, that was not the video I initially watched. I see that he posted three video, the most recent is the one I viewed.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 9:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024