Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson... 15:40 - Jul 25 with 4920 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So why was he in the squad yesterday?

Is Cook opening the door for him by the tiniest crack?

He didn't need to name him.

I wonder if we've had zero takers for him?

He must be on a good contract that with his dismal showing last year no one is keen to take on.

Interesting. Especially as he didn't get on despite Cook giving everyone else bar Holy minutes.

Saying you can get back, but right now all these players are ahead of you.

Perhaps as a make do wideman where we are light.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Kayden Jackson... on 15:49 - Jul 25 with 3838 viewsTrumptonBlue

Given that, as you say, he was the only outfield player who didn't get any minutes, the door still feels pretty firmly closed. It's a well-concealed motivational tool if it was one. Must have been pretty dispiriting for him, I'd have thought.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 15:57]
Kayden Jackson... on 15:57 - Jul 25 with 3762 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Kayden Jackson... on 15:49 - Jul 25 by TrumptonBlue

Given that, as you say, he was the only outfield player who didn't get any minutes, the door still feels pretty firmly closed. It's a well-concealed motivational tool if it was one. Must have been pretty dispiriting for him, I'd have thought.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 15:57]

But why name him?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Kayden Jackson... on 16:00 - Jul 25 with 3722 viewsFPL_Tractor

Kayden Jackson... on 15:57 - Jul 25 by OriginalMarkyP

But why name him?

To get his name out there? Strange but the best I can think of.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Kayden Jackson... on 16:29 - Jul 25 with 3532 viewsHullblue

“Perhaps as a make do wideman where we are light.”

Think it’s that. Still think he could do a good job there with the right coaching too!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Kayden Jackson... on 16:35 - Jul 25 with 3462 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Don't know why it's an issue.

Jackson, along with Downes and others, is still contracted to the club. Still being paid by the club and under an obligation to do his best for the club.

When the season starts, and if we have made no further signings, I expect Downes and Jackson to be regularly involved in the match-day squad..

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Kayden Jackson... on 16:38 - Jul 25 with 3438 viewsWallingford_Boy

Pay him up and get rid.

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson... on 16:42 - Jul 25 with 3408 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The only real question here is why we chose to give him a contract for this season.

Maybe time will tell but I didn't get it and still don't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kayden Jackson... on 16:46 - Jul 25 with 3355 viewsWD19

Kayden Jackson... on 16:00 - Jul 25 by FPL_Tractor

To get his name out there? Strange but the best I can think of.

That’s what it felt like.

Unless Cook got wind that Jackson had BBQ plans for Saturday afternoon and felt like scuppering them because he can.
Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson... on 16:48 - Jul 25 with 3358 viewsOldTimer2

Watching Jackson warm up on his own in the corner in the 88th minute, it did seem to me that he was being given a very clear message that he has no future here. Made me wonder if an offer had been made that he was stalling on

Bobby Robson - thank you

Kayden Jackson... on 16:53 - Jul 25 with 3279 viewschrismakin

Probably

" Look son, this is the level of effort I need to see"

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Kayden Jackson... on 18:02 - Jul 25 with 2971 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kayden Jackson... on 16:38 - Jul 25 by Wallingford_Boy

Pay him up and get rid.

That would be madness.

Would rather loan him out for a season, or let someone take him for free.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kayden Jackson... on 18:36 - Jul 25 with 2788 viewsSuperCoops

Kayden Jackson... on 16:42 - Jul 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

The only real question here is why we chose to give him a contract for this season.

Because he could then leave for free. By activating the contract extension, it gives us time to either find a cash buyer or for him to figure back into Cook's plans - as opposed to him leaving for zero.
Kayden Jackson... on 18:40 - Jul 25 with 2775 viewsCoastalblue

Kayden Jackson... on 16:53 - Jul 25 by chrismakin

Probably

" Look son, this is the level of effort I need to see"

To be fair I'm not sure he's ever showed lack of effort on the pitch for us, clearly I have no idea about off field.

I feel for him, coming to us was clearly a terrible move for his career and it doesn't matter how hard he trains, how good his attitude might be he's never going to fit into a Cook team here.

I think as a club we've failed him every bit as much as he's failed us, and maybe more so.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Kayden Jackson... on 18:41 - Jul 25 with 2760 viewsgtsb1966

Kayden Jackson... on 16:42 - Jul 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can't get my head around that either. If we knew we could get a nominal fee for him I would understand but he is still here and drawing a wage.
Kayden Jackson... on 19:05 - Jul 25 with 2622 viewsWD19

Kayden Jackson... on 18:40 - Jul 25 by Coastalblue

To be fair I'm not sure he's ever showed lack of effort on the pitch for us, clearly I have no idea about off field.

I feel for him, coming to us was clearly a terrible move for his career and it doesn't matter how hard he trains, how good his attitude might be he's never going to fit into a Cook team here.

I think as a club we've failed him every bit as much as he's failed us, and maybe more so.

I think that is incredibly generous……although none of us will ever know just how damaging life under Lambert was for so many players.
Kayden Jackson... on 19:09 - Jul 25 with 2583 viewsMillsTash

It’ll be interesting to see if he is named in the squad for Colchester Tuesday night, or instead with the 23’s at Braintree.
Kayden Jackson... on 19:36 - Jul 25 with 2421 viewsGuthrum

Kayden Jackson... on 19:09 - Jul 25 by MillsTash

It’ll be interesting to see if he is named in the squad for Colchester Tuesday night, or instead with the 23’s at Braintree.

Also, whether he is named among the 22 outfield players born after 31st December 2020 allowed in the League One squad for the coming season, which I assume will happen in a week or so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kayden Jackson... on 19:41 - Jul 25 with 2384 viewsHighgateBlue

Kayden Jackson... on 18:36 - Jul 25 by SuperCoops

Because he could then leave for free. By activating the contract extension, it gives us time to either find a cash buyer or for him to figure back into Cook's plans - as opposed to him leaving for zero.

Makes sense. Let's hope that a cash buyer rocks up with a suitcase full of readies then, because there's not much attempt to allow him to feature so far...
Kayden Jackson... on 19:42 - Jul 25 with 2381 viewsHighgateBlue

Kayden Jackson... on 19:36 - Jul 25 by Guthrum

Also, whether he is named among the 22 outfield players born after 31st December 2020 allowed in the League One squad for the coming season, which I assume will happen in a week or so.

After December 2020??? You don't win anything with kids you know... :)
Kayden Jackson... on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 2316 viewsJ2BLUE

Kayden Jackson... on 18:36 - Jul 25 by SuperCoops

Cash buyer? Who exactly? At this rate we'll keep him for another month before loaning him out.

Don't get me wrong, suggesting we pay him up is moronic but I can't see anyone buying him. Free or loan pretty nailed on I reckon. Unless the pay off we want is literally just a sell on fee. That might make sense actually. If he does come good and ends up going for £5m and we have a 20% sell on then fair play but right now it's looking a bit odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kayden Jackson... on 20:07 - Jul 25 with 2228 viewshype313

Kayden Jackson... on 16:48 - Jul 25 by OldTimer2

Watching Jackson warm up on his own in the corner in the 88th minute, it did seem to me that he was being given a very clear message that he has no future here. Made me wonder if an offer had been made that he was stalling on

I was watching him at HT going through warm ups etc, and he just looked like he would be anywhere else than PR at that point in time.

He was just going through the motions.

Joe mentioned a few months back that it would be a gamble to take these extensions as they might backfire. Lets hope someone comes in for him for everyone's sake.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kayden Jackson... on 20:27 - Jul 25 with 2126 viewsjayessess

Kayden Jackson... on 19:51 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

Cash buyer? Who exactly? At this rate we'll keep him for another month before loaning him out.

Don't get me wrong, suggesting we pay him up is moronic but I can't see anyone buying him. Free or loan pretty nailed on I reckon. Unless the pay off we want is literally just a sell on fee. That might make sense actually. If he does come good and ends up going for £5m and we have a 20% sell on then fair play but right now it's looking a bit odd.

We must have been pretty confident that we'd realise a transfer fee on him in the Spring, otherwise we'd have just have passed on the option?

I suspect that Kenlock, Downes, Jackson and Bishop are still here precisely because we have put a price tag on them and think it'll be met if we go deep enough into the window. Hawkins, Cornell, Drinan and Lankester got done quick because it was essentially just a case of finding someone who'd pay their wages instead of us, Dozzell because QPR met his clause.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kayden Jackson... on 20:56 - Jul 25 with 2030 viewsPhilTWTD

Kayden Jackson... on 19:36 - Jul 25 by Guthrum

Think you mean before 31st December 2000! And I'm guessing that the squad won't be named until after the transfer window closes.
Kayden Jackson... on 21:00 - Jul 25 with 2014 viewsmonty_radio

Kayden Jackson... on 20:07 - Jul 25 by hype313

I was watching him at HT going through warm ups etc, and he just looked like he would be anywhere else than PR at that point in time.

He was just going through the motions.

Joe mentioned a few months back that it would be a gamble to take these extensions as they might backfire. Lets hope someone comes in for him for everyone's sake.

I don't know if anyone else has thought this about him, but, to me, he's always had something of Ian Marshall about him in that, with the ball available to be chased he's the electric hare, but when the move breaks down, he becomes a trudger until the next time.

If that's right, training may not be his thing?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Kayden Jackson... on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 1706 viewsGuthrum

Kayden Jackson... on 20:56 - Jul 25 by PhilTWTD

Think you mean before 31st December 2000! And I'm guessing that the squad won't be named until after the transfer window closes.

Aargh - got "born" and "turns 21" the wrong way around!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024