Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memorable one off chants 12:00 - Aug 24 with 6943 viewsPinewoodblue

Two spring to mind.

First Town fans “England’s number two, England England’s number two”

One by away fans “ The referees a German”

Anyone care to add an example or explain the background to these?

Silly me not mentioning the best one ever and we were live on Sky…blue moon….

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Memorable one off chants on 17:37 - Aug 24 with 1497 viewstractordownsouth

When we played Sheffield Wednesday at home in August 2015 one bloke in the SBR lower started chanting "you'll never play for England" at Keiran Westwood.

It soon stopped when he was reminded that Westwood is Irish.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Memorable one off chants on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 1470 viewsJ2BLUE

A Norwich player was brought on as a sub with a hairstyle with makes Cantwell look butch. The North Stand without missing a beat "what the f**king hell is that?"

Still makes me laugh.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Memorable one off chants on 18:10 - Aug 24 with 1457 viewsKeno

Memorable one off chants on 17:27 - Aug 24 by bluelagos

Thought it was a mini?

thats harsh Laggy, a semi maybe

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Memorable one off chants on 18:20 - Aug 24 with 1449 viewscarlisleaway

Memorable one off chants on 16:16 - Aug 24 by JamestownPrince

Similarly singing to Jason Dozzell at White Hart Lane in 94."Chim chimney .. Dozzell was a farmer but now hes a J.."...so funny at the time but would be arrested now!!

The Jason Dozzel song was first sung at Portman Road when we played Spurs in the FA Cup, this song was continuously sung and he was taken off, believe we won 3-0 or 3-1
Memorable one off chants on 20:58 - Aug 24 with 1360 viewsTractorWood

Arsenal fans singing:

"Harry Redknapp pays tax when he wants"

After his run in with HMRC.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Memorable one off chants on 21:01 - Aug 24 with 1348 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Memorable one off chants on 21:04 - Aug 24 with 1349 viewsRKD

This really seems like a great thread for those that want to get nostalgic for a time where being homophobic/antisemitic with no consequences. Also throw a nice bit of mocking mental illness in there for good measure.

TWTD, eh!?

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Memorable one off chants on 21:05 - Aug 24 with 1347 viewsRKD

Memorable one off chants on 17:51 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

A Norwich player was brought on as a sub with a hairstyle with makes Cantwell look butch. The North Stand without missing a beat "what the f**king hell is that?"

Still makes me laugh.

Robert Eagle. Leiston lad. Got in trouble a few years ago for alleged sexual assault.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Login to get fewer ads

Memorable one off chants on 21:08 - Aug 24 with 1329 viewschrismakin

Memorable one off chants on 21:04 - Aug 24 by RKD

This really seems like a great thread for those that want to get nostalgic for a time where being homophobic/antisemitic with no consequences. Also throw a nice bit of mocking mental illness in there for good measure.

TWTD, eh!?

Bit of a long chant that one

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Memorable one off chants on 22:10 - Aug 24 with 1278 viewsKeno

Memorable one off chants on 21:08 - Aug 24 by chrismakin

Bit of a long chant that one

Im trying to work out the tune it goes to

Sounds like something from the Smiths

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Memorable one off chants on 22:13 - Aug 24 with 1278 viewsPhilTWTD

"He's got his shorts on back to front, he's got his shorts on back to front..." at Steve Claridge on his Leicester debut.
Memorable one off chants on 22:41 - Aug 24 with 1243 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Charlton away on a Tuesday when they played their home matches that season at Upton Park, a lone Addicks fan sat in the main stand near to the away end surrounded by empty seats...
"What's it like,
What's it like,
What's it like to have no friends".

Steve Whitton scored the goal that night in a 1-1 draw.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Memorable one off chants on 23:28 - Aug 24 with 1211 viewsThe_Major

Two spring to mind from the 90s.

At an Anglo Italian match which was basically 58p to get in if you were a youngster, which meant there was a load of teenagers goading coming up with somewhat staid banal chants, to which the older heads retorted with:

"Sing in assembly, you only sing in assembly"

And then there was the completely random moment at one game, where one chap, clearly bored with the anti Norwich stuff, bellowed in a baritone...

"We hate Clydebank, and we hate Clydebank..." and so on. The venom he displayed on the pronunciation of "bank" was most impressive. Within thirty seconds, most of the North was singing it, much to the confusion of the other three sides of the ground.

Never did find out why he hated Clydebank. I guess Cowdenbeath or Stenhousemuir had too many syllables.
Memorable one off chants on 00:49 - Aug 25 with 1147 viewssotd78

For those old enough to remember:

Who's up Mary Brown, who's up Mary Brown? Tommy, Tommy Docherty, etc. In reference to an alleged affair between him and a Man Utd employee by that name.

And to Peter Shilton caught in a compromised situation with not his wife in his jag with a girl called Tina.
Endless chants of Tina, Tina, Tina

We were jealous teenagers!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Memorable one off chants on 01:01 - Aug 25 with 1135 viewsloftboy

Memorable one off chants on 23:28 - Aug 24 by The_Major

Two spring to mind from the 90s.

At an Anglo Italian match which was basically 58p to get in if you were a youngster, which meant there was a load of teenagers goading coming up with somewhat staid banal chants, to which the older heads retorted with:

"Sing in assembly, you only sing in assembly"

And then there was the completely random moment at one game, where one chap, clearly bored with the anti Norwich stuff, bellowed in a baritone...

"We hate Clydebank, and we hate Clydebank..." and so on. The venom he displayed on the pronunciation of "bank" was most impressive. Within thirty seconds, most of the North was singing it, much to the confusion of the other three sides of the ground.

Never did find out why he hated Clydebank. I guess Cowdenbeath or Stenhousemuir had too many syllables.

When Marlon king was playing for Birmingham he got a chorus of “she said no Marlon she said no” with reference to a night club incident.
In tonight’s game Oxford got a chorus of “you only sing when you’re rowing”
Pat van Den Hawe (sp) got sent off against us after getting a non stop chorus of “wyman f***ed your Mrs” shortly after he got together with Mandy Smith. Wound him right up.
Back in 1988 QPR was on a long losing streak where every game we conceded 3 goals, away at Man City we still lost but it was 2—1, so to their tune of blue moon we sang 2—1 you only beat us 2-1 everyone else scores 3 you only beat us 2-1.
In 1987 Leeds fans battered us at half time in an FA cup tie, when we next played up there we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 , within seconds of the winner going in there was a spontaneous chant of “we’re going to get our f****ng heads kicked in” the Leeds fans clapped us out the ground that day.
Memorable one off chants on 05:32 - Aug 25 with 1067 viewsPerublue

Quite a tame few and not one offs...but...When Ron Fearon was 1st choice (maybe not 1st choice in fact,covering the no.1) Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Ronnie to his goal kicks....simple but my mates and I had just discovered ''the shining'' at that time so added a little something for me.
2. MY FAVE....SHE fell over,SHE fell over .. to an oppo player diving.
and a bit niche this one 3. The Monk ? early -mid 80's for me anyway,somewhere in Churchmans....literally a chant....no idea what it was being chanted,but one man belting out some gregorian styleee

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Memorable one off chants on 08:27 - Aug 25 with 996 viewsoneoffposter

Spurs away 1995 3 days after Man Utd ‘you’re sh1t if you don’t get 9’

Town fans at their best for me
Memorable one off chants on 09:19 - Aug 25 with 950 viewsEssexBloo

“You’ve got no history”

Sung at Col Utd fans. Colchester, oldest recorded town in the country.
Memorable one off chants on 09:30 - Aug 25 with 928 viewsForestHillBlue

slightly different scenario now.....

7th May 2001, Ipswich relegate Man City to the championship to the chant of....

Blue Moon you got promoted too soon and Europe's coming to Town,,,,
Memorable one off chants on 10:10 - Aug 25 with 894 viewsJohnny_Warks_tash

When grant holt came to PR with wolves and was warming up in front of the SBR, he got treated to a song about a certain sexual position and delia smith, which he turned round and gave us the thumbs up.
Memorable one off chants on 11:12 - Aug 25 with 855 viewsTractorWood

Memorable one off chants on 09:19 - Aug 25 by EssexBloo

“You’ve got no history”

Sung at Col Utd fans. Colchester, oldest recorded town in the country.

I'm pretty sure our fans sang "Fulham's a sh*thole' I want to go home" as Craven Cottage is flanked by beautiful Georgian townhouses that are worth millions on one side and rowers on the thames on the other.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 11:12]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Memorable one off chants on 12:04 - Aug 25 with 819 viewsronnyd

Memorable one off chants on 15:48 - Aug 24 by gainsboroughblue

Wasn't there a song aimed at Shilton about some infidelity with a woman called Tina?

North Stand chanted TINA TINA every time the ball went near Shilton. Also "He's got his shorts round his ankles" a few times too.
Memorable one off chants on 12:09 - Aug 25 with 809 viewsronnyd

Memorable one off chants on 17:37 - Aug 24 by tractordownsouth

When we played Sheffield Wednesday at home in August 2015 one bloke in the SBR lower started chanting "you'll never play for England" at Keiran Westwood.

It soon stopped when he was reminded that Westwood is Irish.

He was bloody well right though. Cue Supertramp.
Memorable one off chants on 21:44 - Aug 25 with 698 viewsLord_Lucan

Ipswich v Soton - early 80's

Soton - "Laurie, Laurie, Laurie"

Ipswich - "Motor car, Motor Car, Motor Car"

For the youngsters - Lawrie McMenemy was Soton's unusually very good and well loved manager

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Memorable one off chants on 21:49 - Aug 25 with 694 viewsLord_Lucan

Memorable one off chants on 13:56 - Aug 24 by Pinewoodblue

Can remember someone being told to get himself up to the hospital as his wife was giving birth.

This used to be regular back in late 70's

Mr Burton, please call your wife, your house is on fire

Etc etc

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024