Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads 12:54 - Sep 7 with 11487 viewschicoazul

He’s putting NI contributions up! Will this crazy fascist government never learn???

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 1670 viewschicoazul

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:38 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

I think we're fairly unique. I'm not a regular user of other sites, but whenever anyone post links of other footie forums or the like, they seem to be very different to this place. It seems to me like we're in a bit of a bubble on here.

Not that I think that's a bad thing given the voices being filtered out are the types that support conspiracies and slavishly support people pushing this culture war nonsens. We get a bit of it, but nowhere near as much as some other footie forums. Plus there is always a place here for people who can eloquently argue their viewpoint.

I'm not really sure why this place seems different. Long running community, with quite a few people having met up in real life? Stricter modding maybe? Phil does run a tight ship that doesn't stand for trolls, idiots, racists and the like.

TWTD is definitely in a political bubble if that’s what you meant. Neoliberal colonialist authoritarianism.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:56 - Sep 7 with 1649 viewsEwan_Oozami

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:45 - Sep 7 by chicoazul

TWTD is definitely in a political bubble if that’s what you meant. Neoliberal colonialist authoritarianism.

It's all these TWTD Centrists causing the problem...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:08 - Sep 7 with 1622 viewsMerseyBlue

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:10 - Sep 7 by Lightworker

Welcome to Tory Britain where the ever-increasing strains of late stage capitalism take their toll on your wellbeing, and we ask you to pay for the privilege of social care, rather than the greedy corporations whose shady working practices and ridiculous demands put you in this position.

Another great day for the Empire.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:28 - Sep 7 with 1592 viewstractordownsouth

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:45 - Sep 7 by chicoazul

Parklife!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:29 - Sep 7 with 1592 viewsBLUEGOLD

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:47 - Sep 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

I don't follow politics closely but one thing I do notice is that TWTD is teeming with anti-tories and I wondered if there was a reason for this? Is it to do with the demographics of Ipswich itself?

I think it’s more to do with being a decent human being and looking for fairness and helping those less fortunate.

That’s not really the Tory thing is it?

More money for the NHS and social care is a good thing.

I’m surprised that they have needed to raise any tax, what with the £350m a week more that we have now we are not in the EU any more.

Income tax is the fairest way to pay for it, increasing the top rate or reducing the amount that it starts at, but that affects their rich mates, so another way has to be found.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:49 - Sep 7 with 1555 viewsChondzoresk

I’m furious, yes I voted Conservative (don’t shoot me down) in the last couple of elections, but never, ever again. I’m fuming. All of them are idiots.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 16:50]
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:51 - Sep 7 with 1548 viewsnoggin

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:49 - Sep 7 by Chondzoresk

I’m furious, yes I voted Conservative (don’t shoot me down) in the last couple of elections, but never, ever again. I’m fuming. All of them are idiots.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 16:50]

Gonna tell us why you voted for them?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:55 - Sep 7 with 1534 viewsHARRY10

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:47 - Sep 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

I don't follow politics closely but one thing I do notice is that TWTD is teeming with anti-tories and I wondered if there was a reason for this? Is it to do with the demographics of Ipswich itself?

"I don't follow politics closely "

that much is clear

and what so many on here are 'anti' is social injustice, hy[ocricy and lies.

Johnson claimed in July 2019, from the steps of number 10, that he had a care plan already worked out. If he did, then he would have known that it entailed raising NI - so when he said (during the 2019 election) he would not raise NI he was knowingly, and blatantly lying. If there was no agreed care plan (as claimed in July 2019) then he was knowingly, and blatantly, lying.

You do not need to follow politics closely to be able to see the lie there.

You just have to stop deluding yourself that those lies are somehow connected to comments made on here
Login to get fewer ads

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:55 - Sep 7 with 1536 viewsChondzoresk

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:51 - Sep 7 by noggin

Jeremy Corbyn in 2 words.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:57 - Sep 7 with 1533 viewsnoggin

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:55 - Sep 7 by Chondzoresk

Jeremy Corbyn in 2 words.

So because you didn't like JC, you voted to make the country poorer?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:15 - Sep 7 with 1501 viewsDinDjarin

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:54 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

We will, but it's a bit silly that those older generation are specifically not going to end up paying for the care they are receiving now.

I am however glad something is being done to address it, as it's been a ticking time bomb for years.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 14:55]

You mean the ones who have paid NI all their lives with the expectation it would provide a pension and health care for them in their retirement?
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:18 - Sep 7 with 1499 viewsjaykay

so you can promise the earth in a manifesto promise and the renegade on it.
pity labour didn't do it their last manifesto, promise the world and then go back on it.
still i expect broadband for all was to much for people do believe in.
so with the n.i. going up electric going up, the poor will suffer again.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 1481 viewsDarth_Koont

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:33 - Sep 7 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Towards the end of the video he talks about taxing stocks, shares and property and "those with the broadest shoulders paying the most."

Fair enough. No detail and no indication if this is beyond a mere Health Tax to bail out the NHS rather than pay for structural issues and underfunding across the board but he does say that.

It’s certainly a step in the right direction.

Pronouns: He/Him

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:26 - Sep 7 with 1472 viewsDinDjarin

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:18 - Sep 7 by jaykay

so you can promise the earth in a manifesto promise and the renegade on it.
pity labour didn't do it their last manifesto, promise the world and then go back on it.
still i expect broadband for all was to much for people do believe in.
so with the n.i. going up electric going up, the poor will suffer again.

I think the problem was Labour promised too much.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 1434 viewskeighleyblue

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:03 - Sep 7 by Guthrum

He'd have been better doing it through income tax.

And his party might yet prevent him actually carrying it out, being terrified that a lack of voter bribery may lose them their seats.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:05]

I agree on your first point. The rich should be taxed at a far higher rate. Will never happen though. The NI tax impacts them least, the less well off will suffer most.

His party will wave it through as they all a bunch of sycophants, not in politics for the greater good but for preserving / increasing their own wealth. Look at your local Tory MP's voting history and you'll see they've been whipped into following the party line in 99.9% of cases.

I detest them.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 1432 viewsnoggin

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:26 - Sep 7 by DinDjarin

I think the problem was Labour promised too much.

I think the problem was, Labour didn't have a 'GET BREXIT DONE' slogan.

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:47 - Sep 7 with 1431 viewskeighleyblue

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:27 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

Yeah but he’s not Corbyn so it doesn’t count.

why are you posting tweets from this scummy 'news' channel
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 17:49 - Sep 7 with 1433 viewskeighleyblue

I think it may be because the majority of voters in this country are not Tories. But the voting system is rigged
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 18:04 - Sep 7 with 1394 viewsHARRY10

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:51 - Sep 7 by noggin

The thought from many of them now is that it was down to the 'laws of probability'

As Johnson has lied before every office he has been elected/appointed to, and shown a high level of incompetence when in office.....

........ he was.... err..... bound to stop lying and get it right at some point
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 19:35 - Sep 7 with 1335 viewsgazzer1999

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:03 - Sep 7 by Guthrum

He'd have been better doing it through income tax.

And his party might yet prevent him actually carrying it out, being terrified that a lack of voter bribery may lose them their seats.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:05]

Sorry did I miss something, what exactly is the difference between N.I. and Tax? Last time I looked it all went in the same pot, I am sure that you as a tax payer would have rather paid the full 2 1/2 % rather than sharing the burden with the greedy bosses.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 20:22 - Sep 7 with 1301 viewsjontysnut

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 19:35 - Sep 7 by gazzer1999

Sorry did I miss something, what exactly is the difference between N.I. and Tax? Last time I looked it all went in the same pot, I am sure that you as a tax payer would have rather paid the full 2 1/2 % rather than sharing the burden with the greedy bosses.

NI is a regressive tax which mainly affects younger working people. It won't affect the older wealthy (largely Tory voting) population who pay tax but do not work and/or pay NI which has an age and income limit.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 20:57 - Sep 7 with 1275 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:27 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

Yeah but he’s not Corbyn so it doesn’t count.

I don't know whether to feel dirty for reading a GB News Tweet or amazed they are reporting it in those terms.

I suppose their take is that the tax should not go up at all rather than that it should go on Income Tax instead?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 21:02 - Sep 7 with 1269 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Interesting you think you are a neoliberal colonialist authoritarian.

Or do you think you are the only voice that contradicts the bubble that is all of these things?

There is clearly a wide variety of views among posters on here. What I find noteworthy is that certain viewpoints (held by a significant number of people who post) are frequently unable to stand against counter arguments.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 21:04 - Sep 7 with 1265 viewsthegloryyears

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:17 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

It’s an indictment of the top-down nature of our politics that government and opposition effectively are united in not taxing the wealthy or even just entertaining the idea.

The UK is such a backward country in too many respects.

The top 1% of UK Earners pay 30% of the total tax paid...
The Rich pay far more than the poor in tax...
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 21:08 - Sep 7 with 1256 viewsmutters

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 16:57 - Sep 7 by noggin

So because you didn't like JC, you voted to make the country poorer?

Sorry are you honestly tell me that Corbyns money magic tree spending would have made the country richer?

Do tell, please do tell.....

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024