Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Club statement* 19:16 - Sep 11 with 22340 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

*Club statement* on 06:24 - Sep 13 with 2601 viewsglasso

*Club statement* on 19:26 - Sep 12 by SitfcB

That’s football. I enjoy it. A shame a lot of fans cry about it.

Exactly this.

It's a right kick in the gut when a player gets to wind you up after scoring against your team but that's nothing compared to the absolute joy when it happens the other way around. It's all theatre. Nobody should have to expect racist abuse or similar when it happens.

Some of my best memories as an Ipswich fan (there are precious few, unfortunately!) are when we've suckerpunched another team whose fans/players have been winding us up. Millwall away and Charlton away are two that immediately come to mind - last minute winners that must've absolutely devastated those lot at the other end. That's football, innit. Highs and lows.

Now, if only we could enjoy a couple more highs...
*Club statement* on 07:35 - Sep 13 with 2484 viewsblueboyd

Seems he has now apologised on twitter - for those who say he doesn't realise what he has said and has been coerced in to saying such things, should his apology be taken as heartfelt? - for me, it is a start but I can't say whether it is a heartelt apology or not.

I stand by a ban from Portman Road, police investigation and then the courts can get him proper help. Sometimes things have to go that far to get real help. for all the people saying they would help hime etc. So far no-one has really tried to change his behaviour.

BTW if anyone knows who is making him say or do things then you have a choice to make, sit back and allow them to continue being idiots or to inform the club of who they are, if enough people do that then they are history too which can only be a good thing surely.
*Club statement* on 07:38 - Sep 13 with 2474 viewsnoggin

*Club statement* on 07:35 - Sep 13 by blueboyd

Seems he has now apologised on twitter - for those who say he doesn't realise what he has said and has been coerced in to saying such things, should his apology be taken as heartfelt? - for me, it is a start but I can't say whether it is a heartelt apology or not.

I stand by a ban from Portman Road, police investigation and then the courts can get him proper help. Sometimes things have to go that far to get real help. for all the people saying they would help hime etc. So far no-one has really tried to change his behaviour.

BTW if anyone knows who is making him say or do things then you have a choice to make, sit back and allow them to continue being idiots or to inform the club of who they are, if enough people do that then they are history too which can only be a good thing surely.

"So far no-one has really tried to change his behaviour. "

How do you know this? For someone to help requires Troy to want that help.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

*Club statement* on 07:54 - Sep 13 with 2427 viewsblueboyd

*Club statement* on 07:38 - Sep 13 by noggin

"So far no-one has really tried to change his behaviour. "

How do you know this? For someone to help requires Troy to want that help.

fair point. He will get that help now.
*Club statement* on 07:57 - Sep 13 with 2418 viewsArnieM

*Club statement* on 17:51 - Sep 12 by SuperCoops

Are you seriously trying to justify what Troy did? Really?

I’ve no idea what “ Troy” did - I do not use Twitter. I have no idea who Troy is .

I’ve have said TWICE in each of my posts I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT WAS SAID ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!!!

I do wish people would actually read what is said .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

*Club statement* on 08:05 - Sep 13 with 2393 viewsnoggin

*Club statement* on 07:54 - Sep 13 by blueboyd

fair point. He will get that help now.

Let's hope so, for his sake.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

*Club statement* on 08:32 - Sep 13 with 2334 viewsJ2BLUE

*Club statement* on 02:03 - Sep 13 by Beyriey

I'm rarely active on this forum, though first off I just want to put to the record that I obviously don't condone anything said during the video.

I've been fairly close to the individual recorded in the video for quite some time, as he would always comment on my Twitter posts about Ipswich, and would often just want to talk about football. His social media usage drastically changed when he met a bunch of fans on social media. I have a rough idea of who they are judging by what he's told me, though it would be unfair to throw out allegations against anybody.

There seems to be an element of peer pressure in the relationship that he has with them. He's often upset by things they've said to him or things that they've told him despite the fact that he still regularly attends games with them. They've also joked about his mental health, and have jokingly encouraged him to harm himself, which regardless, is absolutely not on. There was also an incident last year where one of these lads actively tried to prank him by convincing him that his season ticket had been taken away. In fact, there was a thread on it last year:

Someone is pranking Troyse telling him it was a mistake by ElderGrizzly 10 Dec 2020 21:35
Someone has got his email and is pranking him, telling him he hasn’t got a ticket

https://twitter.com/beneyriey/status/1337146789393297410?s=21

The club was incredibly supportive, though saying that, we need to be careful. I agree with those who've suggested that he should be taken to games by a responsible adult. We need to keep in mind the circumstances behind what has happened. It could also be helpful to let him know what was wrong with what he had said, as it is more than likely that he was coerced into saying those disgusting comments.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 2:05]

Twitter is a terrible place for him.

I still have a screenshot of someone telling him their mum had reported him to DWP for spending money on football and Sky. This person said the DWP were angry and had asked her to write in. Obviously BS to you and me but i'm sure it wasn't to Troy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Bolton fan that initially "reported" him.... on 08:56 - Sep 13 with 2260 viewsBloots

*Club statement* on 08:32 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

Twitter is a terrible place for him.

I still have a screenshot of someone telling him their mum had reported him to DWP for spending money on football and Sky. This person said the DWP were angry and had asked her to write in. Obviously BS to you and me but i'm sure it wasn't to Troy.

....has a history of bullying him (as well as a history of racist and homophobic tweets), when I pointed this out to him he sent me a grovelling message, deleted the tweets and protected his twitter account.

Troy has a put himself in a place where it appears that every football fan of a certain age, whoever they support, is aware of him.

As I've said since the start of this whole sorry saga, there's far more to it than just an individual making disgusting comments on social media.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

*Club statement* on 09:24 - Sep 13 with 2185 viewsSkip_Intro

*Club statement* on 20:03 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

I saw some mention elsewhere that Blue action members are involved. I really hope that's not true

nice bit of stirring there...
*Club statement* on 11:05 - Sep 13 with 2078 viewsSuperCoops

*Club statement* on 07:57 - Sep 13 by ArnieM

I’ve no idea what “ Troy” did - I do not use Twitter. I have no idea who Troy is .

I’ve have said TWICE in each of my posts I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT WAS SAID ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!!!

So you're commenting on stuff you know nothing about when you post on page FIVE of this thread with plenty of references to the seriousness of what has gone on?

And you post this: "But, him giving it large in front of the home end, it was going to happen that someone would “have a go back” on social media , and he shouldn’t be surprised to receive ….. " without not knowing the nature of what "have a go back" entailed?

I suggest you engage your brain after 5 pages of it with an opinion that isn't based on any knowledge of what has actually happened.

Just a thought.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 11:05]
*Club statement* on 12:21 - Sep 13 with 1949 viewsGodzilla

Although he will have to take some responsibility for his actions, it looks like most people are grasping the fact that this guy appears to be extremely vulnerable and easily manipulated by people with bad intentions. If he has autism, then he has a lifelong disability that means he will always have difficulties with social interaction, communication, behavioral issues and perhaps a learning difficulty too. Even if he is quite high functioning on the wide spectrum of autism these things will be there (despite often being hidden). He needs help and someone decent looking out for him as highlighted. I think the club also has a responsibility here too, pretty sure it must have policies for people with autism etc that it might want to review in light of this incident. Imagine if a group of so called friends of someone in wheelchair pushed him/her onto the pitch — who would we be blaming.
*Club statement* on 12:39 - Sep 13 with 1861 viewsWhataday78

*Club statement* on 12:21 - Sep 13 by Godzilla

Although he will have to take some responsibility for his actions, it looks like most people are grasping the fact that this guy appears to be extremely vulnerable and easily manipulated by people with bad intentions. If he has autism, then he has a lifelong disability that means he will always have difficulties with social interaction, communication, behavioral issues and perhaps a learning difficulty too. Even if he is quite high functioning on the wide spectrum of autism these things will be there (despite often being hidden). He needs help and someone decent looking out for him as highlighted. I think the club also has a responsibility here too, pretty sure it must have policies for people with autism etc that it might want to review in light of this incident. Imagine if a group of so called friends of someone in wheelchair pushed him/her onto the pitch — who would we be blaming.

Probably doesn't help his mental health seeing a post with 130+ comments on it tbh.

Whilst I don't condone what he did, the guy clearly has problems and needs some help and support. I personally blame the people he has around him, help him and tell him things are wrong! Rather than seeing him make these videos and just laugh.

Bunch of Morons.

On a side note, he has always been bullied on social media platforms but again he doesn't have people around him to help him, bet none of these "mates" of his are of any help.

I would also like to apologise to Blue Action as I mentioned in my previous comment that I thought he sat with them, sounds like I was wrong about that so, Sorry guys!
*Club statement* on 12:41 - Sep 13 with 1845 viewsBlueStreak

*Club statement* on 07:57 - Sep 13 by ArnieM

Your comments sounds very similar to people who say 'well she brought it on herself' after a rape because the victim dared to wear a dress on a night out.

Players should be able to celebrate how they want without being abused like that, there is no excuse or defense of it. End of.
*Club statement* on 13:26 - Sep 13 with 1711 viewsArnieM

*Club statement* on 11:05 - Sep 13 by SuperCoops

So you're commenting on stuff you know nothing about when you post on page FIVE of this thread with plenty of references to the seriousness of what has gone on?

And you post this: "But, him giving it large in front of the home end, it was going to happen that someone would “have a go back” on social media , and he shouldn’t be surprised to receive ….. " without not knowing the nature of what "have a go back" entailed?

I suggest you engage your brain after 5 pages of it with an opinion that isn't based on any knowledge of what has actually happened.

Just a thought.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 11:05]

Lol isn’t that what everyone in here does . Post an opinion on things they invariable no f all about . And that must definitely includes you

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

*Club statement* on 13:42 - Sep 13 with 1652 viewstimothyeo

*Club statement* on 13:26 - Sep 13 by ArnieM

Lol isn’t that what everyone in here does . Post an opinion on things they invariable no f all about . And that must definitely includes you

Considering the downvotes you've had on this one, maybe walk away quietly and think to yourself for a bit before posting again. If a footballer celebrates scoring in front of you it doesn't suddenly diminish the general laws of society, or morals for that point.
*Club statement* on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 1581 viewsRyorry

*Club statement* on 12:39 - Sep 13 by Whataday78

Probably doesn't help his mental health seeing a post with 130+ comments on it tbh.

Whilst I don't condone what he did, the guy clearly has problems and needs some help and support. I personally blame the people he has around him, help him and tell him things are wrong! Rather than seeing him make these videos and just laugh.

Bunch of Morons.

On a side note, he has always been bullied on social media platforms but again he doesn't have people around him to help him, bet none of these "mates" of his are of any help.

I would also like to apologise to Blue Action as I mentioned in my previous comment that I thought he sat with them, sounds like I was wrong about that so, Sorry guys!

"Probably doesn't help his mental health seeing a post with 130+ comments on it tbh."

I hope if he does read this he'll draw the correct conclusion that the overwhelming majority fully support him & hope he quickly gets some help in coping with/managing his disability. At the same time, that vast majority are also acknowledging that what he said was completely unacceptable, but not entirely of his own making as he was being maliciously encouraged to say such stuff by disgusting bullies, whose company he needs to remove himself from pronto.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

*Club statement* on 14:17 - Sep 13 with 1530 viewsSuperCoops

*Club statement* on 13:26 - Sep 13 by ArnieM

Erm, no.

Most of us have found out and learned details of what had actually happened from either the video/posts on Twitter or on this thread to discuss the matter.

You, on the other hand, have ignored all the posts prior to your own on Page 5, contributed your typical ill-thought out contribution without reading or understanding what you're commenting on.

I think most of us actually know "f all" on what happened from reading before commenting, unlike yourself.
*Club statement* on 15:33 - Sep 13 with 1369 viewsWickets

*Club statement* on 19:29 - Sep 11 by gtsb1966

In normal circumstances I would agree but are these normal circumstances. Obviously we don't know the story but IF it is people exploiting someone with learning difficulties it enters a whole new ball game where education would be more beneficial than a ban. I'm really guessing here though.

I think you have likely hit the nail on the head .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024