Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Club statement* 19:16 - Sep 11 with 22342 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

*Club statement* on 19:46 - Sep 11 with 3292 viewsDublinBlue84

*Club statement* on 19:44 - Sep 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

I agree re his group of mates. I have had the displeasure of sitting near them at games before and they certainly egg him.

But this isn't the first time he has tweeted something that is inexcusable. Which is why I'm surprised the club haven't made him move, as the club are very aware of him.

This is a very difficult situation, hopefully the club come to an acceptable conclusion.

Have to say the people that he hangs around with are a bad influence for all of the reasons that you say. I've been at away games and I've seen it first hand.

Unfortunately this is going to bring the club into disrepute and they have to act like they have done tonight.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

*Club statement* on 19:49 - Sep 11 with 3269 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's an unfortunate situation, which I guess, was something always likely to be a risk of happening.

With choice comes responsibility etc etc but I can't be convinced that he has the capacity to be on social media and be fully aware of what he says, and the consequences of saying it. In Troy's world, it will be 'I've been banned and all I did was....' then we'll probably have threads on here asking for signatures for a petition to get him reinstated.

He clearly needs somebody of good character to be around him. I'm trying really hard not to sound patronising or to be a depriver of liberty but surrounding himself with people who are happy to see him take the hit for what may even have not been his idea to do, does not sit well with me at all.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

*Club statement* on 19:52 - Sep 11 with 3215 viewswkj

*Club statement* on 19:41 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

His group of 'mates' who 'look out for him' seem to set him up nicely a lot of the time.

Yes he's the one saying the stupid things but we've seen he just loves football. What led him from watching the game to making videos like that? It's almost like he is egged on then the cameras come out and he hasn't caught on that everyone else has stopped.

I would like to see the club insist he moves his ST and that he is accompanied by a responsible adult to future games. Instead he's likely to get a ban. Do people remember what he was like last time live football was taken away from him? I do understand he has to face consequences and it is his choice to say that stuff but this happens repeatedly. Even the way people talk to him on Twitter is sickening.

Sitters replied to him linking to the statement. This investigation will worry the life out of him now. People so gleeful to laugh in his face and cause him further misery. People respond to him on Twitter talking in 5 year old language just taking the piss.

I figured that the issue revolved around him. You, I and many others tried to tell him that social media was a terrible place to spend his time. It's sad that he has to come to realise this in such a serious manner.

It is a tough one really as the nature of what happened has to come with firm punishment no matter the back story and influences behind the person. However, it massively sucks as the lad is, as you say, not at all taken care of by his friends - and I have a hard time believing he'd do this if he wasn't being influenced.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

*Club statement* on 19:52 - Sep 11 with 3204 viewstimothyeo

Deserves a ban, along with his apparent mates.
*Club statement* on 19:54 - Sep 11 with 3197 viewsMerseyBlue

Regardless of the problems he faces, or how he may have been egged on or set up, the words came out of his mouth. If he is capable of saying these vile things, he shouldn't be treated any different to anyone else. He should be banned, as should anyone that spread these videos around. We can't excuse this sort of sh1t anymore, regardless of the circumstances.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

*Club statement* on 19:58 - Sep 11 with 3141 viewsCheltenham_Blue

*Club statement* on 19:52 - Sep 11 by timothyeo

But they won’t be banned, as certainly in the stadium, they appear to have thrown him under the bus. The stuff outside the stadium he appears to be on his own but may not be.

I’d be interested to know, if people know that this is the kind of thing his ‘mates’ do to him, especially away, why no one has had the balls to step in?

Seems from here that everyone knows they need a slap and warning off him, but no one wants to do it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

*Club statement* on 20:03 - Sep 11 with 3066 viewsPinewoodblue

He should already be on a watch list and the stewards should be able to identify those egging him on.

If he isn't on a watch list then something is wrong with the stewarding in that area. Suspect at least one steward may have observed his behaviour and without knowing what he was saying just dismissed the situation as not warranting attention.

The club isn't going to come out of this in a good light. They need to get him and his mates in for questioning, with or without a Police officer present.

Drag them out Tuesday evening and ban the lot of them. Minimum the club should do.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

*Club statement* on 20:06 - Sep 11 with 3027 viewsJ2BLUE

*Club statement* on 19:52 - Sep 11 by wkj

I figured that the issue revolved around him. You, I and many others tried to tell him that social media was a terrible place to spend his time. It's sad that he has to come to realise this in such a serious manner.

It is a tough one really as the nature of what happened has to come with firm punishment no matter the back story and influences behind the person. However, it massively sucks as the lad is, as you say, not at all taken care of by his friends - and I have a hard time believing he'd do this if he wasn't being influenced.

Agreed.

Sadly, the more I think about it, the more obvious it is that it will be a ban. I don't think the club have a choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

*Club statement* on 20:21 - Sep 11 with 2919 viewsitfc_bucks

*Club statement* on 19:52 - Sep 11 by timothyeo

I'm genuinely disgusted that one of our own has done this.

I get that a ban will damage his mental health but I just don't see how the club can apply any other sanction.

As for his scrotey mates, they won't bat an eyelid.
*Club statement* on 20:32 - Sep 11 with 2815 viewsblueboyd

*Club statement* on 20:21 - Sep 11 by itfc_bucks

I'm genuinely disgusted that one of our own has done this.

I get that a ban will damage his mental health but I just don't see how the club can apply any other sanction.

As for his scrotey mates, they won't bat an eyelid.

Troy said racist things, he said a player should have been hung and he wanted them to die of aids. Stop sticking up for him. if he is able to find his way to a football stadium and go in unaided, sit in seats unaided and cheer and shout like the rest of us then he should be treated like an adult by the club.

The Police/Court will take things in mitigation about his wellness and his ease of being egged on but as a club I am sorry, he is toast and rightfully so.

sorry if that sounds harsh but there is no room for exceptions when dealing with racism in football.
*Club statement* on 20:36 - Sep 11 with 2786 viewsWicklowBlue

Regardless of Troy's issues the Club will have to take a no tolerance stance on this and ban him. Even if his so called mates egged him on, haven't seen any evidence that could mitigate against a ban.

The Police will be investigating too and could face further legal sanctions.
*Club statement* (n/t) on 20:38 - Sep 11 with 2770 viewsblueprint

*Club statement* on 19:54 - Sep 11 by MerseyBlue

Regardless of the problems he faces, or how he may have been egged on or set up, the words came out of his mouth. If he is capable of saying these vile things, he shouldn't be treated any different to anyone else. He should be banned, as should anyone that spread these videos around. We can't excuse this sort of sh1t anymore, regardless of the circumstances.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 21:35]
*Club statement* on 20:39 - Sep 11 with 2745 viewsnoggin

*Club statement* on 20:32 - Sep 11 by blueboyd

Troy said racist things, he said a player should have been hung and he wanted them to die of aids. Stop sticking up for him. if he is able to find his way to a football stadium and go in unaided, sit in seats unaided and cheer and shout like the rest of us then he should be treated like an adult by the club.

The Police/Court will take things in mitigation about his wellness and his ease of being egged on but as a club I am sorry, he is toast and rightfully so.

sorry if that sounds harsh but there is no room for exceptions when dealing with racism in football.

Hardly 'sticking up for him'.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

*Club statement* on 20:46 - Sep 11 with 2687 viewschrismakin

*Club statement* (n/t) on 20:38 - Sep 11 by blueprint

Tell me you' re joking with that comparison.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Yep, that's my concern...... on 20:49 - Sep 11 with 2662 viewsDyland

Yep, that's my concern...... on 19:39 - Sep 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

There is definitely a racist connotation in there.

Probably. But the lad is mentally ill, he's not some white supremacist racist is he? Doubt he knows what he thinks half the time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yep, that's my concern...... on 20:55 - Sep 11 with 2599 viewsblueboyd

Yep, that's my concern...... on 20:49 - Sep 11 by Dyland

Probably. But the lad is mentally ill, he's not some white supremacist racist is he? Doubt he knows what he thinks half the time.

oh right, thats ok then....
*Club statement* on 20:55 - Sep 11 with 2602 viewsWarkystache

I'm with J2 on this. Troy is unfortunately the victim of his so-called 'friends'. He is also responsible for his own actions and I agree he will pay the price for these, but I just think it's all so desperately sad and uncalled for. He's a fellow Ipswich fan. It will severely affect his already-poor mental health and it's just pathetic really.

Sad to see on a bad day all round.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:00 - Sep 11 with 2560 viewsDyland

Yep, that's my concern...... on 20:55 - Sep 11 by blueboyd

oh right, thats ok then....

No it's not okay. But this case is nuanced, especially when it's well known there are pricks around him winding him up.

Doesn't excuse it obvs.

*Club statement* on 21:04 - Sep 11 with 2517 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This is a very sad situation all round.

The Bolton lad who’s been abused needs thinking about too. Awful situation

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:07 - Sep 11 with 2470 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:00 - Sep 11 by Dyland

No it's not okay. But this case is nuanced, especially when it's well known there are pricks around him winding him up.

Doesn't excuse it obvs.

The club can’t be seen to accept any kind of excuse here. They could go with a lenient ban, but then what happens with the next guy who now sees learning disabilities as a way out?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

*Club statement* on 21:09 - Sep 11 with 2460 viewsSeablu

*Club statement* (n/t) on 20:38 - Sep 11 by blueprint

Fascinatingly pitiful ignorance on your part.
You’re certainly going to be one to watch very closely.
Play on.
Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:14 - Sep 11 with 2410 viewsDyland

Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:07 - Sep 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

The club can’t be seen to accept any kind of excuse here. They could go with a lenient ban, but then what happens with the next guy who now sees learning disabilities as a way out?

Yeh I totally agree. The club will ban him. Behind that (public) ban there's perhaps a (private) conversation with him.

I hear you. I have a similar raging argument (productive though) with family about gender trans questions, especially prison stuff... don't go there...!

*Club statement* on 21:15 - Sep 11 with 2401 viewsVaughan8

I think I know who you are talking about with reference to the ballot tickets.

He clearly loves his football and seemed to worry about getting a ticket in the ballot.

However, racism (assuming it is) is a hot topic at the moment and the club have no choice but to ban him. Hopefully the others involved in this will be banned also.
Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:21 - Sep 11 with 2352 viewsWicklowBlue

Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:14 - Sep 11 by Dyland

Yeh I totally agree. The club will ban him. Behind that (public) ban there's perhaps a (private) conversation with him.

I hear you. I have a similar raging argument (productive though) with family about gender trans questions, especially prison stuff... don't go there...!

From what I am seeing on Twitter, Troy is still handing out racist abuse to the BWFC person who posted the video. I don't have words for how vile this is....lifetime ban incoming and expect a court appearance. While others have stated he was egged on during/post game he has continued to back that video up.

I made the mistake of looking up Troy's Twitter profile, I'd advise others not to do the same.
Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:23 - Sep 11 with 2334 viewsWarkystache

Yep, that's my concern...... on 21:21 - Sep 11 by WicklowBlue

From what I am seeing on Twitter, Troy is still handing out racist abuse to the BWFC person who posted the video. I don't have words for how vile this is....lifetime ban incoming and expect a court appearance. While others have stated he was egged on during/post game he has continued to back that video up.

I made the mistake of looking up Troy's Twitter profile, I'd advise others not to do the same.

It's been suspended by Twitter.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024