Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? 17:35 - Oct 16 with 4574 viewsCopfordBlue

If so, what are you basing it on?

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:21 - Oct 16 with 1191 viewsHARRY10

". We should be winning games like this with ease. We can’t because I worry the players bought are not as good as the hype"

That pretty much nails it

We had the same guff last season where supposedly we had the strongest squad in L1. Where are they now ?

They need a bit of confidence.....bollox. A poor exvus for a player not fully committed. The players are training and playing together throughout the week. This gel stuff was yet another tired excuse.

If there was any genuine improvement, today should have seen us totally dominate Camb, and certainly not concede another two goals. The concern is that teams can work us out and so have a better 2nd half against us. So what happens when we play them next time.

A problem that has previously befallen us. Start the season well, then fade in the 2nd half.

There is little that suggest we have the mindset to grind out results week in week out.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:23 - Oct 16 with 1167 viewschrismakin

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:21 - Oct 16 by HARRY10

". We should be winning games like this with ease. We can’t because I worry the players bought are not as good as the hype"

That pretty much nails it

We had the same guff last season where supposedly we had the strongest squad in L1. Where are they now ?

They need a bit of confidence.....bollox. A poor exvus for a player not fully committed. The players are training and playing together throughout the week. This gel stuff was yet another tired excuse.

If there was any genuine improvement, today should have seen us totally dominate Camb, and certainly not concede another two goals. The concern is that teams can work us out and so have a better 2nd half against us. So what happens when we play them next time.

A problem that has previously befallen us. Start the season well, then fade in the 2nd half.

There is little that suggest we have the mindset to grind out results week in week out.

Prime example im afraid as I mentioned is edwards. Lovely feet, flashy, but come on, 0 end product and no guts. He was pointless today coming on, showed absolutely nothing in his cameo.

Morsy......... not interested? already got a jan move sorted, looks disinterested

Fraser - still not used correctly

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:26 - Oct 16 with 1177 viewsLeoMuff

Possibly, we are 6th in the form tables over last 6 games and have improved, we 5 points off sixth.
We are improving and if we can match our performances for most of the first half of games over 90 mins we will go on a significant run.

We are hugely frustrating at present though, what is going on with the Jekyll and Hyde first 40 mins Brazil to second half Bryan Gunns Norwich ? And the whole condeeding after scoring?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:46 - Oct 16 with 1155 viewsChurchman

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 18:46 - Oct 16 by Superblue95

“We are lucky to have the points we have”

Nonsense. Plenty of things to legitimately complain about without talking out of your arse

It my opinion and that’s what the forum is for. I shall not use abusive language towards you as you have to me. I shall just say three words: Sheffield Wednesday, Morecambe.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:56 - Oct 16 with 1143 viewsTheBlueGnu

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:43 - Oct 16 by billlm

NO

Agreed. More chance of getting a pull-off in a Nunnery

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

We’re 5 points off the play-offs in October, and have yet to deliver more than on 22:16 - Oct 16 with 1127 viewsunstableblue

.. 40mins of quality in a game (excepting Doncaster)

Today is unacceptable and very concerning

Was it a performance with no quality no? a sackable performance? definitely not

If Cook can fix this defensive frailty, after some tightening after Bolton, play-offs are easily in reach

Has he proven to me he’s got the tactical and technical chops I expected to do this, definitely not

We needed to win today, and at 2-0 up we should have.

Go again against Pompey and Fleetwood looking for the elusive balanced performance… cook needs one very soon… and if another Bolton performance appears, might be curtains

But yeah given that 43mins today play offs are not out the question…. Yet

And just to reiterate a point I made earlier… get rid of cook and you have Ashton and a load of Bristol city fitness people with questionable pedigree and yet another throw of the manager dice…. Risk risk risk

We should have got Mark Robins in 2017

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 22:27 - Oct 16 with 1117 viewsArnieM

Anyone who thinks this new squad , new regime from top to bottom was going to secure promotion this season knows did all about football ! It will take the WHOLE of this season for this new set up to bed in - I suggest quite a few fans need to start dealing with it … and as someone else has said Paul Cook will not be sacked . The new owners are at least realistic in their goals for this season. I’m case people have forgotten ; this Club has had and is still having a complete overhaul . These changes “take time”.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 22:33 - Oct 16 with 1101 viewsunstableblue

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 22:27 - Oct 16 by ArnieM

Anyone who thinks this new squad , new regime from top to bottom was going to secure promotion this season knows did all about football ! It will take the WHOLE of this season for this new set up to bed in - I suggest quite a few fans need to start dealing with it … and as someone else has said Paul Cook will not be sacked . The new owners are at least realistic in their goals for this season. I’m case people have forgotten ; this Club has had and is still having a complete overhaul . These changes “take time”.

I’m not happy at all with cook and the speed of progress, these capitulations are far too frequent

BUT there are team performances that lead to sacking, and that was not one

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 00:02 - Oct 17 with 1043 viewsjayessess

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 22:27 - Oct 16 by ArnieM

Funny thing, having watched football for the last 3 decades, it's this sort of thinking that strikes me as delusional. Football teams don't tend to have 2-year cycles, they don't usually have transition seasons and managers don't usually go from massive underachievement to overachievement simply because one season has passed to another.

Generally speaking, a managerial appointment works, at least a little, relatively quickly and after 15 games or so teams look more or less as good as they're going to.

That's reality the majority of time. Everything else is just fans bargaining with grief as things go wrong. Chances are from here, we get it right more or less in the next few games, or we'll bumble along at this level until Cook gets the chop. The rest is just wishful thinking.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 00:04 - Oct 17 with 1040 viewsSuperblue95

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:46 - Oct 16 by Churchman

It my opinion and that’s what the forum is for. I shall not use abusive language towards you as you have to me. I shall just say three words: Sheffield Wednesday, Morecambe.

If you think the word ‘arse’ is abusive I’m not sure you should have access to the internet

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 00:17 - Oct 17 with 1031 viewsjayessess

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 21:46 - Oct 16 by Churchman

Not sure that proves your point really. Why does scoring late against Wednesday and Morecambe (worth 2 points) outweigh conceding late to Burton, Cheltenham, Wimbledon, Cambridge (worth 6 points)? Either they're all deserved or all fortunate/unfortunate, surely?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:05 - Oct 17 with 947 viewsitfcjoe

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 00:17 - Oct 17 by jayessess

Not sure that proves your point really. Why does scoring late against Wednesday and Morecambe (worth 2 points) outweigh conceding late to Burton, Cheltenham, Wimbledon, Cambridge (worth 6 points)? Either they're all deserved or all fortunate/unfortunate, surely?

I think it’s just the point that for all this talk of how unlucky we have been it’s ignored we’ve had our fair share as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:27 - Oct 17 with 923 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:05 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

I think it’s just the point that for all this talk of how unlucky we have been it’s ignored we’ve had our fair share as well

The point, though, is that we haven't had our fair share (yet). The bad luck has outweighed the good luck. By no measure could you call us a lucky team.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:27 - Oct 17 with 922 viewsjayessess

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:05 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

This would suggest that we've probably had the worst of it, on balance?

[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 8:28]

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:36 - Oct 17 with 901 viewsitfcjoe

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:27 - Oct 17 by jayessess

This would suggest that we've probably had the worst of it, on balance?

[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 8:28]

Scored 7 more than we should have done and conceded 9 more - there are better xG tables out there than this one but we are 2-3 places behind where we should be in reality.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 09:21 - Oct 17 with 859 viewsjayessess

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 08:36 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

Scored 7 more than we should have done and conceded 9 more - there are better xG tables out there than this one but we are 2-3 places behind where we should be in reality.

Thing is given our fixture list thus far it doesn't really matter. Wherever we are in the league and whatever the underlying quality of our play, it'll be flattered by the fact we've barely played anyone good.

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 10:48 - Oct 17 with 833 viewsBlue_Moses

Hate to say it but I don't think he will even get us into the top half.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 10:51 - Oct 17 with 823 viewsBlue_Moses

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 20:40 - Oct 16 by quad

Agreed. I think that we have been a bit unlucky not to have a few more points. Just based on the fact that nearly every shot a team has had against us has ended up in our net.

That's not bad luck though is it? Something happening 2 or 3 times is bad luck, after that it's negligence
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 10:54 - Oct 17 with 812 viewsFunge

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:49 - Oct 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think anyone can say they think he WILL get us promoted, not even Cook or anyone at the club. It's a bit of a daft question, frankly.

Excellent point Dolly, cuts right to the crux of our issues as a football team, at this time.
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:03 - Oct 17 with 761 viewslegoman

Yes we will be playing Norwich next season. We have a very good manager, a very good squad and a very good and getting better infrastructure.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:07 - Oct 17 with 760 viewsHerbivore

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:03 - Oct 17 by legoman

Yes we will be playing Norwich next season. We have a very good manager, a very good squad and a very good and getting better infrastructure.

Now isn't the time for trolling. Tell us again about how we've made our best start to the season since the early days of Bobby Robson.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:07 - Oct 17 with 761 viewsMullet

Yes. Only because he’s not far off forcing their hand and getting in someone they want such as Appleton.

However if he does a Jewell and bobs along enough to make things really miserable until it’s too late, then there will be no point until the summer.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:17 - Oct 17 with 741 viewsjayessess

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:07 - Oct 17 by Mullet

Yes. Only because he’s not far off forcing their hand and getting in someone they want such as Appleton.

However if he does a Jewell and bobs along enough to make things really miserable until it’s too late, then there will be no point until the summer.

I think the second one is the likeliest outcome sadly. The only consistent thing about us this season is that every game bar Bolton and Doncaster, we've been in "fine margins" territory, where both sides create and concede enough changes to win, lose or draw the game, usually slightly in our favour. That means we'll probably eventually settle into upper mid-table form, edging into play-off form at our best, which will likely be enough to keep Cook in post for a fair old while yet.

We’re 5 points off the play-offs in October, and have yet to deliver more than on 12:30 - Oct 17 with 733 viewspatrickswell

We’re 5 points off the play-offs in October, and have yet to deliver more than on 22:16 - Oct 16 by unstableblue

.. 40mins of quality in a game (excepting Doncaster)

Today is unacceptable and very concerning

Was it a performance with no quality no? a sackable performance? definitely not

If Cook can fix this defensive frailty, after some tightening after Bolton, play-offs are easily in reach

Has he proven to me he’s got the tactical and technical chops I expected to do this, definitely not

We needed to win today, and at 2-0 up we should have.

Go again against Pompey and Fleetwood looking for the elusive balanced performance… cook needs one very soon… and if another Bolton performance appears, might be curtains

But yeah given that 43mins today play offs are not out the question…. Yet

And just to reiterate a point I made earlier… get rid of cook and you have Ashton and a load of Bristol city fitness people with questionable pedigree and yet another throw of the manager dice…. Risk risk risk

We should have got Mark Robins in 2017

Just on your last point, I don’tthink Mark Robins would have been on anyone’s radar in 2017 and understandably so. At at time he was the epitome of a round the track Football League manager with no tangible achievements bar keeping Rotherham in the football league from a -17 point start.

He’s had a marvellous couple of years though especially given the difficulties Coventry have had to contend with.

As for the OP, I think we’re going to be far too inconsistent unfortunately unless the team can develop greater resilience, or unless Leam Richardson takes pity on Cook and jacks Wigan in in order to help his friend out.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 12:34]
Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 12:44 - Oct 17 with 721 viewsRadlett_blue

Do any of you think Cook will get us promoted this season? on 17:46 - Oct 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think he will.

However, the route to it being possible is him getting a very good tactician and motivator to work alongside him. It is not impossible to go on a great run and move up the table quickly. Look at the state nodge were in when Lambert came in for them at this level.

However, the longer we fail to go on that run, the less likely it is.

If Cook needs a goof tactician & motivator alongside him, then exactly what is his own role at the club?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024