Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton speaks… 12:40 - Dec 6 with 7507 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:11 - Dec 6 with 1628 viewsGuthrum

Another fairly revealing titbit from that interview - not only is Gilmartin McGreal's former Assistant at Swindon, but Ashton himself knows the bloke. Gives an idea of the detailed football experience we now have in the administration of the club, one of the things I think was lacking before.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:11 - Dec 6 with 1620 viewsITFC_Josh

Mark Ashton speaks… on 12:55 - Dec 6 by abracaDOBRA_

Yeah me too, didn't sound like he was thinking of appointing McGreal full time.

(Edit this reply was meant to be to Jayeess)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:42]

The kings of anglia podcast have done an interview with him and he says that he hasn’t brought Mcgreal in with the intention of offering him the job
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:13 - Dec 6 with 1607 viewsgtsb1966

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:11 - Dec 6 by Guthrum

Another fairly revealing titbit from that interview - not only is Gilmartin McGreal's former Assistant at Swindon, but Ashton himself knows the bloke. Gives an idea of the detailed football experience we now have in the administration of the club, one of the things I think was lacking before.

Gilmartin might only be employed for a week unless they are going to offer him a coaching job full time.
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:15 - Dec 6 with 1587 viewsJDB23

Mark Ashton speaks… on 12:52 - Dec 6 by hype313

Seems like a perfectly logical progression for Pep.

I'm on it.

Makes sense, he's taken City as far as he can, about time he progressed to a club with European pedigree.
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:16 - Dec 6 with 1581 viewsGeoffSentence

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:03 - Dec 6 by jayessess

that's what I meant.

Also, it is what you said.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:20 - Dec 6 with 1531 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:09 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

Although, all the 'inspirarational' management speak is really quite grating.

Experienced professional manager uses manager-speak. Rather comes with the territory and is, IMO, preferable to passion without organisation.

When things aren't going well, somebody needs to be up-beat and positive. So long as they're doing the background work as well.

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:21 - Dec 6 with 1509 viewsHerbivore

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:20 - Dec 6 by Guthrum

Experienced professional manager uses manager-speak. Rather comes with the territory and is, IMO, preferable to passion without organisation.

When things aren't going well, somebody needs to be up-beat and positive. So long as they're doing the background work as well.

This is the kind of blue sky thinking we need.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:25 - Dec 6 with 1468 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:13 - Dec 6 by gtsb1966

Gilmartin might only be employed for a week unless they are going to offer him a coaching job full time.

He might be. But shows they think it's worth doing properly even if only for this run of two or three games.

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:39 - Dec 6 with 1372 viewsFtnfwest

Still looked in shock tbh
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 1366 viewschicoazul

Mark Ashton speaks… on 12:47 - Dec 6 by SitfcB

Big emphasis on it being the boards decision.

Interesting that managers in work have already applied!

He said it was a unanimous board decision. Evans is on the board. The Banter Era lives on, getting stronger year by year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 1363 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:03 - Dec 6 by jayessess

that's what I meant.

Apologies, completely miss read your reply. At least we are in agreement!
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:42 - Dec 6 with 1359 viewschicoazul

Mark Ashton speaks… on 12:58 - Dec 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Mark Ashton makes me feel uneasy.

Not sure why, but I’m still not sold on him.

It’s the beard.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:46 - Dec 6 with 1319 viewsFevsBCFC

Mark Ashton speaks… on 12:58 - Dec 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Mark Ashton makes me feel uneasy.

Not sure why, but I’m still not sold on him.

Is the penny beginning to drop yet re Ashton?

Cook was a dead-man walking as soon as Gamechanger brought Ashton in. Having interviewed for our job (along with Chris Hughton) he appointed the caretaker Dean Holden. Will be interesting to see if the extensive search lands back at McGreal.

We had exactly the same bullsh1t.

“Global search”
“You’d be surprised who’s expressed an interest in the job”
“Vigorous search” (he meant rigorous)

And we ended up with Dean Holden (Dean is smashing bloke btw) our interim manager.

The story is Cook heard what Ashton had to say and tried to talk himself down in the interview so he wouldn’t get it! Your club is the first club Cook hasn’t had success at.

FWIW Rene Gilmartin, who you’ll know played for McGreal down the road, but knows Ashton and Rolls from Watford, is as lovely a bloke as you could ever meet. Very good on his opposition analysis too.

Just step back and think.

The CEO loves a transfer window, loves the thrill of a signing. How quickly are you gonna get a new manager in to build a genuine well-thought through Jan recruitment drive. The answer is you can’t. The new head-coach won’t have time to assess the current strengths and weaknesses, nor will there be enough time to properly scout and data / video analyse prospective targets.

You will be signing Mark Ashton players, those players will be from Mark’s preferred list of Agents.

As per my very first post on here, I like Ipswich, they are a club that have operated well and have a lot of likes from neutral fans.

This guy will f++k up your club….just like he did at City, Oxford and Watford.

If in 18-24 months I am wrong, I will come back on here and apologise I’ve made a mistake.
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:47 - Dec 6 with 1301 viewsmrshallisfit

Mark Ashton speaks… on 12:46 - Dec 6 by MaySixth

Puppet on a string.

Save all your Kisses for Me.
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:53 - Dec 6 with 1259 viewsMrTown

Why is he talking as if there is chance we could still go up this year.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:55 - Dec 6 with 1234 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:53 - Dec 6 by MrTown

Why is he talking as if there is chance we could still go up this year.

Because there is. Charlton, Wigan, Sunderland, Rotherham and Wycombe our next games. Chance to take points off of them and close the gap every game if we pick up points.
Do you reckon that he.... on 13:55 - Dec 6 with 1227 viewsBloots

....goes to Francesco's to get his Action Man beard trimmed?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:55 - Dec 6 with 1232 viewsCrockerITFC

It kind of looks like Ashton was blindsided on this, he looked a bit overwhelmed as if the board instructed him to sack Cook. He's normally a CEO who gives managers time.

His facial expression throughout was that of a deer in the headlights.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:56]
Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 1190 viewsCrockerITFC

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:15 - Dec 6 by JDB23

Makes sense, he's taken City as far as he can, about time he progressed to a club with European pedigree.

Not sure he'd be a good appointment, he's untested at this level
Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:00 - Dec 6 with 1186 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:55 - Dec 6 by abracaDOBRA_

Because there is. Charlton, Wigan, Sunderland, Rotherham and Wycombe our next games. Chance to take points off of them and close the gap every game if we pick up points.

Plus a load of points available against the less strong teams, which could also propel us up the table.

Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:00 - Dec 6 with 1191 viewsFevsBCFC

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:55 - Dec 6 by CrockerITFC

It kind of looks like Ashton was blindsided on this, he looked a bit overwhelmed as if the board instructed him to sack Cook. He's normally a CEO who gives managers time.

His facial expression throughout was that of a deer in the headlights.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:56]

Jeez, he actually states - “the board unanimously agreed with me”, e.g. it was his decision. He is in full control. O’Leary as Chairman above him, Rolls and Costin on the medical side, Werhun (his relative) in Operations, just brought in Gary Probert on Academy side, and now Rene Gilmartin.

What a protective bubble he has now, nobody can get to him.

Wake up Tractor Boys!
Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:01 - Dec 6 with 1181 viewsIllinoisblue

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:46 - Dec 6 by FevsBCFC

Is the penny beginning to drop yet re Ashton?

Cook was a dead-man walking as soon as Gamechanger brought Ashton in. Having interviewed for our job (along with Chris Hughton) he appointed the caretaker Dean Holden. Will be interesting to see if the extensive search lands back at McGreal.

We had exactly the same bullsh1t.

“Global search”
“You’d be surprised who’s expressed an interest in the job”
“Vigorous search” (he meant rigorous)

And we ended up with Dean Holden (Dean is smashing bloke btw) our interim manager.

The story is Cook heard what Ashton had to say and tried to talk himself down in the interview so he wouldn’t get it! Your club is the first club Cook hasn’t had success at.

FWIW Rene Gilmartin, who you’ll know played for McGreal down the road, but knows Ashton and Rolls from Watford, is as lovely a bloke as you could ever meet. Very good on his opposition analysis too.

Just step back and think.

The CEO loves a transfer window, loves the thrill of a signing. How quickly are you gonna get a new manager in to build a genuine well-thought through Jan recruitment drive. The answer is you can’t. The new head-coach won’t have time to assess the current strengths and weaknesses, nor will there be enough time to properly scout and data / video analyse prospective targets.

You will be signing Mark Ashton players, those players will be from Mark’s preferred list of Agents.

As per my very first post on here, I like Ipswich, they are a club that have operated well and have a lot of likes from neutral fans.

This guy will f++k up your club….just like he did at City, Oxford and Watford.

If in 18-24 months I am wrong, I will come back on here and apologise I’ve made a mistake.

Why have Bristol City never achieved anything of note? Genuine question,
. Big city, good support, nice ground. Can’t all be blamed on Ashton.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:01 - Dec 6 with 1176 viewsIwasthere

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:09 - Dec 6 by J2BLUE

You're only saying that because of everything the Bristol City fans said. Honestly, are we going to let Bristol f##king City fans screw this up for us?

Get a grip and support Ashton because he's a massive step up on Evans.

For the first time in 13 years we can believe what the CEO says, he is not the mouthpiece for Evans. Whether you agree with what he says is a different matter. I am quite impressed that he met the players over the weekend, some individually and then collectively and got their reaction to Cook's sacking. Their reaction on the pitch will be the telling factor. Good luck JM,
Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:02 - Dec 6 with 1168 viewsbluejacko

Mark Ashton speaks… on 13:15 - Dec 6 by JDB23

But do we really want a manager on his downward spiral🤔😀
Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:03 - Dec 6 with 1156 viewsjayessess

Mark Ashton speaks… on 14:00 - Dec 6 by FevsBCFC

Jeez, he actually states - “the board unanimously agreed with me”, e.g. it was his decision. He is in full control. O’Leary as Chairman above him, Rolls and Costin on the medical side, Werhun (his relative) in Operations, just brought in Gary Probert on Academy side, and now Rene Gilmartin.

What a protective bubble he has now, nobody can get to him.

Wake up Tractor Boys!

None of us are in a position to do anything about it, even if he is this absolute monster.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024