Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player 11:09 - Dec 10 with 2480 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

to play every position, so 11 clones, who would it be?

I'd go for Johnny Wark. The midfield and defensive Warkys would be superb, obviously, but the forward Warkys would also score a fair few. We'd be great at taking and scoring from corners, and penalties too.

The only downside I can see is we wouldn't be particularly pacy on the wings, and the goalkeeper Warky would be fairly rubbish... although hopefully the rest of the team would be so good it wouldn't matter so much.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:11 - Dec 10 with 1530 viewsGuthrum

Tommy Smith, obviously.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:11 - Dec 10 with 1518 viewshomer_123

Mark Fish.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:12 - Dec 10 with 1509 viewsBlueandTruesince82

If have gone Wark but I'll go Thijssen or Muren. Total football innit

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:12 - Dec 10 with 1505 viewsBluespeed225

Neil Thompson so we could take a decent corner.
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:15 - Dec 10 with 1488 viewsGavTWTD

Mick Stockwell came to mind immediately. Played in virtually every position anyway during his time here. Big fan.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:15 - Dec 10 with 1484 viewsmonty_radio

Beattie

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:38 - Dec 10 with 1425 viewsDarth_Koont

Taricco

Pronouns: He/Him

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:45 - Dec 10 with 1403 viewsMattinLondon

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:38 - Dec 10 by Darth_Koont

Taricco

Tarricco was once described (by a player who I have forgotten) as a really nice guy off the pitch, but on it, someone who would kick his own grandma in order to win. Magnificent
Login to get fewer ads

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:46 - Dec 10 with 1392 viewshomer_123

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:45 - Dec 10 by MattinLondon

Tarricco was once described (by a player who I have forgotten) as a really nice guy off the pitch, but on it, someone who would kick his own grandma in order to win. Magnificent

Which is, very much, what we are currently missing.

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:47 - Dec 10 with 1389 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:15 - Dec 10 by GavTWTD

Mick Stockwell came to mind immediately. Played in virtually every position anyway during his time here. Big fan.

Bit short for a goalkeeper though. Going to get caught out be a lot of lobs.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:47 - Dec 10 with 1386 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Ben Thatcher.

Sh^thouse our way to the Championship

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:48 - Dec 10 with 1385 viewsBseaBlue

Jim Magilton.......Just to see himself argue....with himself when he made a mistake somewhere!

One of my favourite things at a game was when Jim would stick a shot wide from 25 yards and then instantly find someone else to blame. Legend!
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:48 - Dec 10 with 1382 viewsfooters

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:47 - Dec 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Bit short for a goalkeeper though. Going to get caught out be a lot of lobs.

So does that rule out Tabby too?

Hoppy will be devastated.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:49 - Dec 10 with 1376 viewsjayessess

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:38 - Dec 10 by Darth_Koont

Taricco

In terms of players from my era I think that's a great shout. Attitude, technical ability, strength and speed, I reckon he's one of the few who could ultimately have played anywhere.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 1373 viewshomer_123

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:48 - Dec 10 by footers

So does that rule out Tabby too?

Hoppy will be devastated.

Nah - remember that header against Boro.

And a nice bit of touchline, tight interplay before as well:

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:53 - Dec 10 with 1358 viewsfooters

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:51 - Dec 10 by homer_123

Nah - remember that header against Boro.

And a nice bit of touchline, tight interplay before as well:

Part-man, part-salmon! (Or should that be Sammon...)

Forgot about that goal. TABB IN

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:54 - Dec 10 with 1352 viewsHerbivore

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:15 - Dec 10 by GavTWTD

This is the correct answer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:58 - Dec 10 with 1335 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:54 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

This is the correct answer.

He could fit the kitchens out at Playford Road after the game.

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:00 - Dec 10 with 1334 viewsclive_baker

Wark is a good shout.

Holland would do well, could obviously do a good job in the middle, an all rounder, but probably half decent up top too and would put a shift in defensively. Not sure how he would do against a couple of big front men though.

Went in goal against Oxford once and did OK.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:08 - Dec 10 with 1297 viewsWickwar_Blue

Manu Thetis. At least we’d be intimidating!
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:13 - Dec 10 with 1279 viewsBseaBlue

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:08 - Dec 10 by Wickwar_Blue

Manu Thetis. At least we’d be intimidating!

We would be skint though with the amount of fines we would owe the FA.
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:20 - Dec 10 with 1258 viewsurbanblue

Paul Mariner. Strength and skill all over the pitch.

Fook me we'd be hard ...
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:23 - Dec 10 with 1232 viewsportmanpensioner

Shefki Kuqi
Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:37 - Dec 10 with 1181 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If going for pure versatility, Steve Palmer played in every one of the old 1-11 shirt number system, not all for us mind

But Wark is the obvious answer really

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 12:38 - Dec 10 with 1184 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Here's a thread I don't think's been done - if you had to clone 1 Ipswich player on 11:46 - Dec 10 by homer_123

Which is, very much, what we are currently missing.

Yes. We need to bring in players who would kick Tarrico's grandma.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024