Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 09:13 - Dec 16 with 7097 viewshype313

In that I feel very uneasy about going, in fact I'm not going to go.

Can just see it being a situation where it's a mass spreader event.

Personally, I Think it might be wise to give it a wide berth.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 9:35]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:32 - Dec 16 with 3324 viewsstringy

deeply conflicted; triple jabbed and wondering if I keep mask on at all times it would be ok, but as you say...
Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:33 - Dec 16 with 3307 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Scarily enough it was March 2020, but seems longer ago I suppose
Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:34 - Dec 16 with 3300 viewshype313

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:33 - Dec 16 by BrentwoodBlagger2

Scarily enough it was March 2020, but seems longer ago I suppose

Ahh yes, apologies

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:35 - Dec 16 with 3291 viewsGuthrum

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:32 - Dec 16 by stringy

deeply conflicted; triple jabbed and wondering if I keep mask on at all times it would be ok, but as you say...

Minimise time spent in enclosed/crowded spaces (i.e. concourses).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:36 - Dec 16 with 3281 viewshype313

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:32 - Dec 16 by stringy

I would imagine most people will be double or triple jabbed going into the ground, but it doesn't make much difference to this variant.

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:37 - Dec 16 with 3257 viewsGeoffSentence

Feeling the same. Though if the timing was different I'd more likely go. Pick it up at the game and that's Christmas fwcked and in my case this Xmas is a rare chance for a proper family gathering.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 09:42 - Dec 16 with 3223 viewsITFC_Forever

I was supposed to be going to a gig in Nottingham with uni friends on Saturday, but have knocked it on the head.

Am still planning to go the ITFC game instead, but will keep mask on and a scarf over the top of it and minimise the time on the concourse.

I have a feeling the League will postpone all games any way, so the decision will be taken out of our hands.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 3192 viewsMookamoo

Everyone that goes must go knowing that will be exposed to someone who is positive. Depends if you are then going to mix with some elderly relatives over Christmas. If you are, then it's a pretty simple decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:51 - Dec 16 with 3169 viewsStokieBlue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:35 - Dec 16 by Guthrum

Minimise time spent in enclosed/crowded spaces (i.e. concourses).

Could be a case made for closing the concourse bars and food stalls. Obviously a hit to the club financially but would mean there is no excuse not to have a mask on in the concourse.

From previous examples we know mask wearing was near non-existent on the concourse.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 10:39 - Dec 16 with 2981 viewsPinewoodblue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2019 on 09:51 - Dec 16 by StokieBlue

Could be a case made for closing the concourse bars and food stalls. Obviously a hit to the club financially but would mean there is no excuse not to have a mask on in the concourse.

From previous examples we know mask wearing was near non-existent on the concourse.

SB

Trouble is it is part of the matchday ritual and you are not going to be able to stop chanting on the concourse.

There are going to be a lot of family christmases ruined by Saturday’s game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 11:48 - Dec 16 with 2884 viewsDinDjarin

Loads caught it at Charlton last week. And I mean not 1 or 2 but probably hundreds.
Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 12:23 - Dec 16 with 2803 viewsfactual_blue

..But there's the quality of the football to consider.

Ahh......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 15:51 - Dec 16 with 2617 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And I’ll have been at both. What a scumbag I am

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:20 - Dec 16 with 2545 viewsEwan_Oozami

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 15:51 - Dec 16 by The_Romford_Blue

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT ROMMERS!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:23 - Dec 16 with 2522 viewsStokieBlue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 15:51 - Dec 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Given the situation, do you have no reservations about travelling to Ipswich for the match, attending with a big crowd and then travelling back?

I'm barely willing to stray far from my house at the moment to be honest.

SB

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:34 - Dec 16 with 2481 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:23 - Dec 16 by StokieBlue

Given the situation, do you have no reservations about travelling to Ipswich for the match, attending with a big crowd and then travelling back?

I'm barely willing to stray far from my house at the moment to be honest.

SB

Of course. But I’m not going to stop doing stuff I want to do in fear of catching it. I’ll take the necessary precautions (mask) and take my chances.

Just the thought of going back to hiding away at home in lockdown again worsens my mental health let alone actually doing it.

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:39 - Dec 16 with 2448 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 09:49 - Dec 16 by Mookamoo

Everyone that goes must go knowing that will be exposed to someone who is positive. Depends if you are then going to mix with some elderly relatives over Christmas. If you are, then it's a pretty simple decision.

Here's a flowchart:

Are you meeting elderly relatives over Christmas?
/
NO
/
Go to Game

/
YES
/
Do you like the elderly relatives?
/
NO
/
Go to Game

/
YES
/
Are they likely to vote for the Tories at the next Election?
/
NO
/
Don't go to game

/
YES
/
Ruffle your hair up a bit and ask them whether you should let a foreign virus stop you from going to a Great British game of football.

(Best I can do with TWTD formatting)
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 16:46]
Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:40 - Dec 16 with 2438 viewsclive_baker

Nah they were horses, not donkeys.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:41 - Dec 16 with 2428 viewsclive_baker

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 11:48 - Dec 16 by DinDjarin

Loads caught it at Charlton last week. And I mean not 1 or 2 but probably hundreds.

I've felt like sh1t since Charlton but I've tested negative on all occasions.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:41 - Dec 16 with 2427 viewsPinewoodblue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:34 - Dec 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Of course. But I’m not going to stop doing stuff I want to do in fear of catching it. I’ll take the necessary precautions (mask) and take my chances.

Just the thought of going back to hiding away at home in lockdown again worsens my mental health let alone actually doing it.

We each have our own priorities , for many the following Saturday will be more important and they won’t want to risk it being impacted.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:43 - Dec 16 with 2415 viewsStokieBlue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:34 - Dec 16 by The_Romford_Blue

The current precautions aren't working, the R is between 3 and 5. Cases will be 100,000 by the time the match is played.

Nobody mentioned a lockdown. It's more about whether 29000 people gathering in a single location and meeting in pubs beforehand is a sensible course of action at this time.

Enjoy the match and hopefully your Christmas.

SB

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:43 - Dec 16 with 2414 viewsSomethingBlue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 11:48 - Dec 16 by DinDjarin

Yes that was an absolute melting pot, especially in the area around the bars and toilets where everything bottlenecked. I definitely did not catch it, fortunately, but was almost surprised not to have.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 16:43]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:44 - Dec 16 with 2397 viewsgtsb1966

Good for you Rommy. Virtually everyone who is vulnerable or of a certain age has been vaccinated apart from the ones that don't want it. You should, as will I, carry on with living a normal life as best you can within the rules.
Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:46 - Dec 16 with 2378 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:43 - Dec 16 by StokieBlue

The current precautions aren't working, the R is between 3 and 5. Cases will be 100,000 by the time the match is played.

Nobody mentioned a lockdown. It's more about whether 29000 people gathering in a single location and meeting in pubs beforehand is a sensible course of action at this time.

SB

So your saying I shouldn’t go? Just seeing as you asked me whether I think it’s a good idea and answered honestly.

I think if I didn’t go when the game is open to the fans and I have a ticket, is affectively the same as lockdown is it not? What have we got if we don’t have hobbies. The saturdays at the racing and the football are my hobbies and both involve mixing with crowds unfortunately

There's really no need.... on 16:48 - Dec 16 with 2350 viewsBloots

Saturday's game feels a bit like Cheltenham 2020 on 16:43 - Dec 16 by StokieBlue

SB

....for this type of post is there?

Sometimes you really let yourself down.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024