Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging 22:58 - Dec 29 with 8431 viewsLord_Lucan

Can't believe the comments - well I can actually.

You, I and the other know as much about the case as the next man, which isn't a lot - all we know are the headlines from across the pond.

Here we have a women who has been mentally and physically dominated and manipulated her whole life - which stems back from her father from the day of her first memory.

Poor show

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 4219 viewsfab_lover

What I can say with some certainty is that her life would have contained a level of privilege and comfort that many people would literally cut off a limb to attain.

Whatever happened to her in her life, she had the decision to end the cycle of abuse, if indeed there was such a cycle.

She chose not to. She benefitted to the tune of $30m as a result.

I don't believe in capital punishment, because it is not a deterrent, and it's impossible to reverse if the sentence is later found out to be wrong. I would however offer someone who has just been given a life - whole life - sentence the ability to commit suicide, just to save on the fees for their upkeep.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 4208 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not sure she’s the victim in all of this

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 4163 viewsHerbivore

Ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:15 - Dec 29 with 4079 viewsWicklowBlue

She has been tried and convicted on multiple counts, thus she is guilty and will serve time. Yes I do not know her (thankfully) but I am sure if the coercion piece was some form of defence then she would have been found not guilty based on evidence.

I do wonder however if the Judges direction to the Jury to return a decision quickly due to covid form a grounds to appeal?
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:17 - Dec 29 with 4052 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t claim to know anything more than the headlines and the verdicts but the fact that she’s guilty of 5 of those 6 charges makes me have absolutely no sympathy for her. Kids ffs. Kids.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 4043 viewseireblue

You only read the headlines?

If you are going to have a pop at other posters, at least put a bit more effort in.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 3935 viewsElderGrizzly

I think the hanging will come in about 6 months, just as she is preparing to co-operate to reduce her sentence…
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:53 - Dec 29 with 3817 viewsIllinoisblue

Did Makin hack your account or something?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:00 - Dec 30 with 3747 viewsLord_Lucan

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 23:53 - Dec 29 by Illinoisblue

Did Makin hack your account or something?

I'm not condoning what went on or anything like that. I just don't dig the joy that people have over the conviction and soon to be death of a women who has suffered a life of physical and psychological crucification.

I guess it takes all sorts...........

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:16 - Dec 30 with 3661 viewsXYZ

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:00 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not condoning what went on or anything like that. I just don't dig the joy that people have over the conviction and soon to be death of a women who has suffered a life of physical and psychological crucification.

Siding with paedos was never a good look.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:39 - Dec 30 with 3568 viewsClareBlue

If you actually read what the victims have been saying you will hear that at no point do any even consider that she was being coerced or a victim. In fact the testimony clearly states she was cruel and inhumane beyond what was required to meet the objectives of what she set out to do or was required to do.

Nobody takes any joy in the destroyed lives as a result of this case, including the rest of her life. But don't belittle the sentiment that we have when rich and powerful people have to be accountable for their criminal actions, it's rare it happens.
And don't insult all those people who have domineering and dysfunctional lives and, without the privilege she has had, do not facilitate and contribute to criminal actions to ensure their status.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:50 - Dec 30 with 3516 viewsIllinoisblue

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:00 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

I get your general point about being compassionate to even the most evil of people. Hard though it is, that’s what makes us civilized. Witch hunts and a thirst for revenge is not a good look. However I am intrigued by the claims of Maxwell’s tough life. Maybe the truth will out eventually but from here it looks like she was a wealthy nonce enabler.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:07 - Dec 30 with 3451 viewseireblue

“… a life of physical and psychological crucification”

Which headline did you get that from?
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:11 - Dec 30 with 3448 viewsLord_Lucan

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:50 - Dec 30 by Illinoisblue

I get your general point about being compassionate to even the most evil of people. Hard though it is, that’s what makes us civilized. Witch hunts and a thirst for revenge is not a good look. However I am intrigued by the claims of Maxwell’s tough life. Maybe the truth will out eventually but from here it looks like she was a wealthy nonce enabler.

Ah, you see Illy, that's the difference between you and some others, I always had faith in you. You are at least prepared to have an open mind.

What has gone on has been awful, I just think that the Maxwell bird has been screwed up and manipulated all her life - and I hold my hands up about being compassionate.

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:14 - Dec 30 with 3419 viewsLord_Lucan

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:07 - Dec 30 by eireblue

“… a life of physical and psychological crucification”

Which headline did you get that from?

The headline of my brain my friend.

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:59 - Dec 30 with 3299 viewsRyorry

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 00:50 - Dec 30 by Illinoisblue

Or maybe people aren't witch-hunting or thirsting for revenge, but just have empathy with her victims, who've at last had a modicum of "closure" after those emphatic verdicts.

As you hint at, she made her choices - she could have broken away from working for her father until his death (she certainly had the means to do so); and she didn't even meet Epstein till she was in her late 20s & capable of rejecting his plans. Instead she actively opted for huge money and lifestyle, basically paid for by the those young people, their wellbeing & their futures. Not surprising who people generally have more compassion for.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 02:24 - Dec 30 with 3266 viewsTerra_Farma

Take your head for a shi.te
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 03:55 - Dec 30 with 3188 viewsSaigonTractor

T-this is a fishing post right? Please tell me this is just bait to wind people up.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 05:41 - Dec 30 with 3090 viewsChondzoresk

Her father ran off with my late Dad's pension when Robert Maxwell got involved with Ransomes and Rapier...the whole Maxwell family are dodgy. Good job she was found guilty. She can hang. She is no victim. She is as guilty as Epstein.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 05:54 - Dec 30 with 3076 viewswkj

"Here we have a women who has been mentally and physically dominated"

Yep, that describes the girls she trafficked alright.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 07:10 - Dec 30 with 2903 viewsFightingEssex

I am sorry that I think someone trafficking young girls on behalf of her paedophile ex boyfriend to abuse alongside his mates should be punished for the crime.

I’d say hanging was far too humane for this level of evil.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 08:44 - Dec 30 with 2713 viewseastangliaisblue

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:11 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

Ah, you see Illy, that's the difference between you and some others, I always had faith in you. You are at least prepared to have an open mind.

What has gone on has been awful, I just think that the Maxwell bird has been screwed up and manipulated all her life - and I hold my hands up about being compassionate.

When has she ever shown any compassion for the victims?
Give your head a wobble man.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 08:54 - Dec 30 with 2672 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 01:11 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

This is a wind up surely?

Hold your hands up to being compassionate, but show no compassion to the girls she trafficked all of whom have been, "screwed up and manipulated their whole live[s]"
And what the feck has that got to do with what she's been convicted with anyway?

I grew up on a council estate in a family renowned with 'less than saintly activity', does that mean I should also have become a career criminal and if I had, my upbringing would make it all ok? People should go easy on me when I murdered someone because my upbringing conditioned me to be like that?

I really hope you were drunk when you posted this.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 2592 viewssolomon

Well it’s hard to feel any sympathy for her in any way. Many other people have deep rooted issues that they battle with all their lives but somehow manage to keep hold of their moral compass and refrain from child sex trafficking. It begs the question at what possible pint did she think this would be ok and would never come out? It was pure arrogance.

Maybe it was her life of privilege that led her to believe rules were just for the little people?

Unlike Saville this time the perpetrator will face justice and should heed as a warning to those who may embark on such despicable activities.
Maxwell - and the people roll up for a good hanging on 10:07 - Dec 30 with 2504 viewsGlasgowBlue

If she felt that she was also a victim in all of this then she had every opportunity to do so from the stand. As is her right, she declines to do so.

I'm sure there will be a psych evaluation before sentencing, and no doubt her lawyer will paint a picture of a life of mental and physical abuse that will no doubt portray her as a victim in all of this. Somebody who was easily manipulated throughout her life by dominating men.There may even be a modicum of truth in some of what is put forward.

However, she is a grown woman who had a choice. And she chose to procure and coerce vulnerable young women into the arms of an evil and vile serial paedophile. She deserves whatever punishment comes her way.

Justice will be done. That doesn't mean that people* should be cheering or back slapping each other over the guilty verdict. There are no winners in this whole sorry story.

*Other than the victims and the family members of victims who have been waiting a long time for justice to be done.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024