Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Contracts 15:31 - Apr 4 with 4881 viewsCheltenham_Blue

In my opinion.

Aluko - 1 year extension
Norwood - 1 year extension
Carroll - No.
Jackson - 2 year with option
Kenlock - No
Clements - Trigger 1 year extension
Donacien - 2 year with Option
Simpson - Trigger 1 year extension

Have I missed anyone?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 15:31]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, Contracts on 07:36 - Apr 5 with 1338 viewsSimonds92

So, Contracts on 17:19 - Apr 4 by N2_Blue

Norwood has given us nothing recently when we needed it

Plymouth 6 clean sheets on the bounce and we carved them open so frequently last week. Norwoods movement and pressing caused that, he creates space for others and works his arse off. We just need runners from midfield to get beyond him rather than trying to play the intricate stuff 10 yards outside the box with 10 opposition players in front of them. Or we play 2 up top with 1 no.10 i think that would be more effective personally at this level.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 7:37]
So, Contracts on 08:20 - Apr 5 with 1299 viewsxrayspecs

Would offer Aluko a two year deal + an option
Suspect Jackson would need to be a three year deal for him to sign
No to Norwood, Carroll, Kenlock and Clements. You can add Holy to your list
Trigger Simpson deal and then sell

Donacien is contracted until 2024 with his extension, so no need to do anything at this stage.

May need to look at new contracts for Burns.

Would also release Dobra, KVY, Harper and Penney
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 8:21]
So, Contracts on 08:57 - Apr 5 with 1255 viewsgeg1992

So, Contracts on 08:20 - Apr 5 by xrayspecs

Would offer Aluko a two year deal + an option
Suspect Jackson would need to be a three year deal for him to sign
No to Norwood, Carroll, Kenlock and Clements. You can add Holy to your list
Trigger Simpson deal and then sell

Donacien is contracted until 2024 with his extension, so no need to do anything at this stage.

May need to look at new contracts for Burns.

Would also release Dobra, KVY, Harper and Penney
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 8:21]

Agree with all of this except perhaps keep Penney and KVY as back up options, as assume they're on low wages.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

So, Contracts on 09:41 - Apr 5 with 1235 viewstextbackup

id be seeing the back of norwood, bonne and pigott.... and starting fresh with new strikers.

have zero hope any of them will muster a shot in the next 5 games, let alone a goal.

(realise 2 of those arent on the list, but just adding my 2 pence worth)

aluko keep
norwood go
carroll go
jackson 1/2 years
kenlock lol
clements go
donacian - 2 year
simpson offer a year, see if the agents lets him take it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, Contracts on 09:46 - Apr 5 with 1234 viewsIpswichKnight

Norwood - No
Simpson - we trigger the year extension and offer a contract, if he turns it down we still get a fee at the end of the next season from a tribunal.
So, Contracts on 09:49 - Apr 5 with 1232 viewstextbackup

So, Contracts on 21:02 - Apr 4 by Garv

Assisted our winning goal against Plymouth and was involved in all of our big moments on Saturday. He's head and shoulders above all of our other fit strikers, and over a season he'll score more than Jackson will. It's not as if he's not offering the team anything and missing loads of chances, he's been given limited service.

He's also an experienced head amongst a relatively young squad and a talker. We've lacked characters and players with a voice for years and still do in my opinion. He's a perfect squad player.

i'm sorry, what?

we've got this entire new professional set up, bright young manager, and norwood is deemed good enough to be an experienced talker on the pitch?

hes does what it says on the tin, hes a bash brother. assist for the plymouth goal was very good, but for every 1 of those you get 6 of his "shots" from a stupidly tight angle with 3 people waiting for him to square it.

So, Contracts on 10:42 - Apr 5 with 1184 viewsbaxterbasics

Sadly I've only been to one game in the last couple of seasons. But my main takeaway from that was that Aluko was clearly our handiest player. Just a touch more pace and he'd be golden (but then, probably playing in a higher league). So he's a keep.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

So, Contracts on 10:50 - Apr 5 with 1175 viewshype313

So, Contracts on 10:42 - Apr 5 by baxterbasics

Sadly I've only been to one game in the last couple of seasons. But my main takeaway from that was that Aluko was clearly our handiest player. Just a touch more pace and he'd be golden (but then, probably playing in a higher league). So he's a keep.

Definitely keep Aluko, he seems to really enjoy it here and at 33 he knows he won't be getting lots of offers.

As much as he won't be able to play every game, just by having him on the bench with 20-30 to go, he can be a gamechanger.

Seems like he's well liked around the place, the sort of character McKenna likes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

So, Contracts on 11:00 - Apr 5 with 1160 viewsHarlestonblue

Goal scoring has been the Achilles Heel and we need new forwards so goodbye to Norwood, Bonne and Pigott I'm afraid. A real shame Bonne didn't work out but we need fresh faces and a higher standard.
Some fans (and players) talked about us scoring 4 or even 6 in a match but it hasn't happened in a long time and it's not going to with these guys. We have a real good goalkeeper, the defence is sound although a new left WB would be welcome. Midfield pretty good; maybe one new addition? I would jettison Rakeem Harper. The forward line the real priority plus a new back up keeper?
So, Contracts on 11:05 - Apr 5 with 1155 viewsDanTheMan

Aluko - 1 year, could see it being longer if he's still got his legs after.
Norwood - Go, wages are already high and honestly think we can do better.
Carroll - Go
Jackson - 2 year
Kenlock - Go
Clements - Torn on this one, might come good but not sure he's gonna get the game time.
Simpson - Keep him about if we can but doesn't look likely.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 11:49]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So, Contracts on 11:39 - Apr 5 with 1131 viewsGarv

So, Contracts on 21:40 - Apr 4 by Veggie

Involved in all our big moments on Saturday? Remind me of those please as I can’t remember any.

Well we didn't have many on reflection, but the chest down and left foot shot second half - possibly our best chance, and the flicked on header for the disallowed goal.

Did he get any real service?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So, Contracts on 11:42 - Apr 5 with 1129 viewsGarv

So, Contracts on 22:40 - Apr 4 by Tangledupin_Blue

And Norwood'll be 32 in September so unlikely to show any improvement.

Daryl Murphy was already 32 by the end of the play off season.

So, Contracts on 11:42 - Apr 5 with 1130 viewsSouperJim

So, Contracts on 09:49 - Apr 5 by textbackup

i'm sorry, what?

we've got this entire new professional set up, bright young manager, and norwood is deemed good enough to be an experienced talker on the pitch?

hes does what it says on the tin, hes a bash brother. assist for the plymouth goal was very good, but for every 1 of those you get 6 of his "shots" from a stupidly tight angle with 3 people waiting for him to square it.

I can see both sides of this arguement. Norwood is a poundshop Shefki Kuqi/Alan Lee/Daryl Murphy and imho we are crying out for that kind of player in our squad. As technically poor as he is, the physical approach does reap considerable rewards at this level and has an impact on our game management which is easy to underestimate.

We have to be aiming higher when the window rolls around though, surely.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So, Contracts on 11:46 - Apr 5 with 1118 viewschicoazul

So, Contracts on 11:05 - Apr 5 by DanTheMan

Aluko - 1 year, could see it being longer if he's still got his legs after.
Norwood - Go, wages are already high and honestly think we can do better.
Carroll - Go
Jackson - 2 year
Kenlock - Go
Clements - Torn on this one, might come good but not sure he's gonna get the game time.
Simpson - Keep him about if we can but doesn't look likely.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 11:49]

Strongly suspect Aluko is off to the States this summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, Contracts on 11:51 - Apr 5 with 1114 viewsGarv

i'm sorry, what?

I don't think a professional set up and having more technical and generally better players means you don't need experience and players with a voice. As a bench player and general squad member in League One, he's not a bad option to have at all.

So, Contracts on 11:54 - Apr 5 with 1111 viewshype313

So, Contracts on 11:51 - Apr 5 by Garv

I don't think a professional set up and having more technical and generally better players means you don't need experience and players with a voice. As a bench player and general squad member in League One, he's not a bad option to have at all.

Agreed, but he is on silly money, so you have to ask can we get someone with experience who would be a bench player for half the money.

I'd argue we can.

So, Contracts on 12:29 - Apr 5 with 1076 viewsGarv

So, Contracts on 11:54 - Apr 5 by hype313

Agreed, but he is on silly money, so you have to ask can we get someone with experience who would be a bench player for half the money.

I'd argue we can.

Is he? Realistically we don't know what he's on and it's not our job to know.

You might end up being right, and I'd trust McKenna if that's what he decides to do, based on what he's done so far. There's an argument though for keeping someone who fits the mould that's already in the building.

I think it just boils down to the fact some people like Norwood and some don't. What he's probably best at is splitting opinion.

So, Contracts on 12:35 - Apr 5 with 1065 viewshype313

So, Contracts on 12:29 - Apr 5 by Garv

Is he? Realistically we don't know what he's on and it's not our job to know.

You might end up being right, and I'd trust McKenna if that's what he decides to do, based on what he's done so far. There's an argument though for keeping someone who fits the mould that's already in the building.

I think it just boils down to the fact some people like Norwood and some don't. What he's probably best at is splitting opinion.

Agreed we don't know the number, but it's well documented he is one of the highest earners at the club, if that's the case then you would expect him to be starting week in week out, the fact is he is a bit part player and with the new ownership they will want bang for their buck on every player, and in Norwood I don't think we get that.

He's nearly 32 and goes against the grain of the type of player Ashton et al have been shouting from the rooftops about since they came in.

So, Contracts on 13:04 - Apr 5 with 1032 viewsVeggie

So, Contracts on 11:46 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Strongly suspect Aluko is off to the States this summer.

I’m not sure his holiday location is relevant here
So, Contracts on 13:06 - Apr 5 with 1030 viewsSTYG

So, Contracts on 16:13 - Apr 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Agree with all of that bar Norwood.

Really is time for him to go.

Quite right.

We have Walton, a Championship keeper all day long. Edmundson, a Championship quality defender. Morsy and Celina - easily Championship players and the likes of Woolfenden, who has done well in the Championship, Chaplin - likewise, Aluko - likewise.

Yet some seem to think we can't do better up front than a limited player, whose best return at this level is about 10 goals, has had regular spells out injured and had lots of off the field issues.

I'd imagine we will have two similar strikers with a good pedigree come in, with very slightly different attributes ahead of Jackson, who can offer cover and we will use them based on form / the opposition.
So, Contracts on 13:14 - Apr 5 with 1018 viewsPrideOfTheEast

i'm sorry, what?

I can't wait until people see the type of striker we sign in the Summer.

There is no chance Norwood will be here.
So, Contracts on 13:28 - Apr 5 with 996 viewsLord_Lucan

So, Contracts on 13:14 - Apr 5 by PrideOfTheEast

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So, Contracts on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 970 viewstextbackup

So, Contracts on 13:14 - Apr 5 by PrideOfTheEast

chances are i'll never of heard of them, same as edmundsen, walton, morsy etc.....

however, i'm sure within a few weeks of watching them, i'll be dribbling!!

So, Contracts on 14:05 - Apr 5 with 945 viewsjayessess

Can't see Bailey Clements getting extended realistically. At 21 you can't really afford an indifferent L2 loan spell.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So, Contracts on 14:41 - Apr 5 with 930 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Aluko - Unless on crazy money, 1 yr extension. Will have to be used sparingly but seems a great influence on and off the pitch
Norwood - Presuming Bonne will go, sounds like Jackson is staying. If we want 4 strikers again it depends on Piggott, if he goes Norwood should stay, if he stays we need to offload Norwood. Finding 2 quality strikers would be a challenge, 3 even more so.
Carroll - Think he is done here but KMK seems to like him for some reason
Jackson - Sounds like he is staying which is good
Kenlock - Surely time to leave
Clements - We can do better
Simpson - Doesn't feel like he will be come a regular for us but 1yr extension to see if we can get a fee for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024