Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Women’s game 20:25 - Jul 31 with 2335 viewsJack27

A genuine question after the Euros final. Will anyone now go to the ITFC women’s games?
The Women’s game on 20:28 - Jul 31 with 2293 viewsFreddies_Ears

I go already. It is great...!!!
The Women’s game on 20:30 - Jul 31 with 2265 viewsParky

No
The Women’s game on 20:36 - Jul 31 with 2229 viewsSitfcB

No

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Women’s game on 20:38 - Jul 31 with 2204 viewsJack27

The Women’s game on 20:30 - Jul 31 by Parky

No

I won’t either. I only ask because after the final they keep saying that this is just the start of the women’s game - but it won’t go any further forward (at the moment at least) because the club fixtures won’t have any support
The Women’s game on 20:39 - Jul 31 with 2190 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honestly ….just let the nation enjoy it

Does it matter who will and who won’t ? No not really

Poll: If it were one or the other

The Women’s game on 20:41 - Jul 31 with 2181 viewshomer_123

I'd rather take my kids to see women's football.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Women’s game on 20:43 - Jul 31 with 2168 viewsjeera

The Women’s game on 20:38 - Jul 31 by Jack27

I won’t either. I only ask because after the final they keep saying that this is just the start of the women’s game - but it won’t go any further forward (at the moment at least) because the club fixtures won’t have any support

But that misses out an entire section of recruitment before getting anywhere near to club level.

They are talking about grass roots, getting more kids into the sport from whence it would grow.

We're still shaking off age old tropes so for the national ladies team to have this kind of success is massive. The knock-on from that is what they mean by 'this is the beginning'.

Not that a load of semi-professional sides will pop up overnight and suddenly draw large crowds.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Women’s game on 20:47 - Jul 31 with 2108 viewswaveneyblue

The Women’s game on 20:43 - Jul 31 by jeera

But that misses out an entire section of recruitment before getting anywhere near to club level.

They are talking about grass roots, getting more kids into the sport from whence it would grow.

We're still shaking off age old tropes so for the national ladies team to have this kind of success is massive. The knock-on from that is what they mean by 'this is the beginning'.

Not that a load of semi-professional sides will pop up overnight and suddenly draw large crowds.

Bloody hell, I 100% agree with you on this.

I can't believe that this will do nothing but good for the women's game in this country.

Hopefully it will inspire loads of young girls to try the sport.
Login to get fewer ads

The Women’s game on 20:49 - Jul 31 with 2108 viewsJack27

The Women’s game on 20:39 - Jul 31 by Metal_Hacker

Honestly ….just let the nation enjoy it

Does it matter who will and who won’t ? No not really

I’m not downplaying it - I watched it, enjoyed it and thought they were great!
The Women’s game on 20:50 - Jul 31 with 2097 viewshomer_123

The Women’s game on 20:47 - Jul 31 by waveneyblue

Bloody hell, I 100% agree with you on this.

I can't believe that this will do nothing but good for the women's game in this country.

Hopefully it will inspire loads of young girls to try the sport.

Not only will it do good for the women's (and girls) game but football overall.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Women’s game on 20:51 - Jul 31 with 2084 viewsFtnfwest

No I’m pleased for them and they’ve done very well but I can’t create interest in it that I haven’t got.
The Women’s game on 20:58 - Jul 31 with 2010 viewsJ2BLUE

Women's football is taking off. It will start with the WSL and big tournaments. You cannot expect the whole pyramid to suddenly catch fire after one event.

Women's football has come a long way and will continue to grow. Come back in 20 years.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Women’s game on 20:59 - Jul 31 with 2001 viewsBlueForYou

Unfortunately no. But I will respect the women’s game a load more!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 21:25]
The Women’s game on 21:05 - Jul 31 with 1956 viewsjayessess

I've not been to see ITFC Women live before, but do follow how they're getting on and hope to try and get to some games this season.

That said though, I'm probably not the crucial demographic here. Only a relatively small percentage of the population regularly watch men's football and they're disproportionately middle age men like me. Women's club football's main target audience for growth is going to be new fans, rather than us lot.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Women’s game on 21:13 - Jul 31 with 1884 viewsunbelievablue

The Women’s game on 20:38 - Jul 31 by Jack27

The more girls and young women who take up playing will obviously have a huge knock-on effect on the game, including increasing the popularity of club level women's football.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The Women’s game on 21:36 - Jul 31 with 1768 viewsxrayspecs

I went to the AFCW friendly so that I could watch both games. Enjoyed the women's game, it is very different to watching the men.

Yes, I will go and see them again when they play sides close to where I live. At this stage, I cannot imagine travelling the length and breadth of the country to follow the womens team, maybe that will change over time?
The Women’s game on 21:59 - Jul 31 with 1674 viewsclive_baker

I’m absolutely delighted for the England Women, I felt really proud watching it. It’s been a long time coming and I love the thought of girls up and down the country watching that and feeling empowered. You can’t be what you can’t see etc, it’s such a great thing. I don’t think comparisons between the mens and womens games are helpful for anyone, and I see that a lot (I know you aren’t doing that). This is different, that’s different. So what, they’re different sports. Womens football is here to stay, if you don’t like it, don’t watch it. If you do like it, enjoy watching it. It’s really that simple.

Personally I probably won’t watch Ipswich women as I have enough football in my life and frankly very little spare time, but I hope others do and would love to see the Ipswich ladies team kick on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Women’s game on 22:49 - Jul 31 with 1511 viewsbrazil1982

Have you been to Ipswich Wanderers? they need the money more.
The Women’s game on 22:53 - Jul 31 with 1494 viewsLord_Lucan

Not really.

I might pop down out of curiosity and take the grandkids and have a Mr Whippy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Women’s game on 23:10 - Jul 31 with 1429 viewsGuthrum

Have already been to one and even before tonight intended to go again when they are away in this direction (not living close to Ipswich/Felixstowe).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Women’s game on 23:21 - Jul 31 with 1399 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I said a little while back that my gut feeling is a not insignificant part of Gamechanger's motivation for investment into ITFC was based on a belief that the women's game will grow, and ITFC is further progressed in that area than many League One, and for that matter Championship, sides.

I've watched quite a bit of BBC coverage of women's international football over the years. Maybe 10 or 15 years ago it was a case of there being some highly skilled individuals, plenty of athletes with significantly less skill, and some quite dodgy players, particularly goalkeepers.

The way this England team have played in most of their matches this tournament has shown a huge progression from those early days of semi-pro women's football. High quality pass and move football, honed in hours of drills on practice pitches, only possible with full time professionals. Moments of great individual skill, and some very good goalkeepers.

It's not just that England are winners, it's really "enjoyable to watch" football.

Comparing women's and men's football used to be like comparing an amateur boxing match with a professional bout, because the weaknesses and failings stood out. Now it is like comparing a lightweight boxing match and a heavyweight boxing match.

The physicality means there are differences between the two, but the top international lightweights box with considerable skill, just as the heavyweight champions do, and the skill is what you notice. It is just ridiculous to say "Yeah, but that Lightweight wouldn't beat Tyson Fury", and anyone saying it would just be parading their ignorance.

Hopefully now women's football can be enjoyed for it's merits and not be compared to men's football.
The Women’s game on 23:22 - Jul 31 with 1396 viewsITFC_1988

The Women’s game on 21:13 - Jul 31 by unbelievablue

The more girls and young women who take up playing will obviously have a huge knock-on effect on the game, including increasing the popularity of club level women's football.

I made a point of watching with my 3 (nearly 4) year old daughter. Having seen many mens football matches (on in the background) she was transfixed. When they won and I told her they were champions she said ‘the girls are the champions, not the boys’ and said that she wanted to be a footballer when she grows up. That’s enough for me. Having a daughter really brings stuff like this home. Those women are an inspiration and whilst I am unsure as to the short term impact on attendances and the like, there is no doubt that lots of girls will be having a kick about tomorrow and that can only be a good thing.
The Women’s game on 01:38 - Aug 1 with 1258 viewsIllinoisblue

Assume the plan is for the women’s team to actually play in Ipswich rather than Felixstowe. That would help

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024