Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? 09:03 - Sep 10 with 3815 viewsMullet

I'm anticipating DIY projects being brought forward by management. Saturdays without football are bobbins.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:10 - Sep 10 with 2360 viewsPlums

with wife and daughter away, it was always me and the boy today so it'll be a walk, brunch, GP qualifying and Bundesliga interspersed with cricket. I see the peaceful and definitely non-shouty or violent ice hockey remains on so that could be an option if we want live action.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:10 - Sep 10 with 2352 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Aren't they just. Busman's holiday for me.....hedges at home!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:20 - Sep 10 with 2322 viewshomer_123

According to some on here...we 'have' to sit indoors with the curtains closed in a respectful silence.

Personally, my daughter and I will be playing football, golf and catching a film later today whilst the rest of the family attend a kids party.

Some very much overdue father daughter time for me.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 9:21]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:26 - Sep 10 with 2264 viewsbluelagos

Anyone know if there's any non league matches worth catching?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:27 - Sep 10 with 2245 viewsSitfcB

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:26 - Sep 10 by bluelagos

Anyone know if there's any non league matches worth catching?

Football is off right down to grassroots.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:46 - Sep 10 with 2174 viewsSarge

Continuing to be angry that my weekend has been stolen from me and being left with absolutely nothing to do instead.
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 2130 viewshomer_123

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:10 - Sep 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Aren't they just. Busman's holiday for me.....hedges at home!

Bush trimming?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:12 - Sep 10 with 2114 viewsKeno

I think it would be quite within reason to say that "as a mark of respect you do not feel its right to undertake any DIY projects at this time"

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:17 - Sep 10 with 2081 viewsnoggin

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:12 - Sep 10 by Keno

I think it would be quite within reason to say that "as a mark of respect you do not feel its right to undertake any DIY projects at this time"

A ten years period of mourning would be acceptable.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:17 - Sep 10 with 2085 viewsexeterblue10

Mine will be spent quietly celebrating that match official Stephen Martin will not be ruining anyone’s weekend and for that I am truly grateful.
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:29 - Sep 10 with 2038 viewsHighgateBlue

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:20 - Sep 10 by homer_123

According to some on here...we 'have' to sit indoors with the curtains closed in a respectful silence.

Personally, my daughter and I will be playing football, golf and catching a film later today whilst the rest of the family attend a kids party.

Some very much overdue father daughter time for me.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 9:21]

I seem to have accidentally done the right thing then - the curtains might be closed because I haven't been bothered to open them yet, but a win's a win! A stopped clock is right twice a day and all that...

Well done on the father daughter time. I shall be doing similar (thumbs up emoji)
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:39 - Sep 10 with 2011 viewsjontysnut

Rugby and a few scoops at Ilkley or Otley RFC
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:42 - Sep 10 with 1998 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m going to be showing my respects by going to Wickes and then re-pointing some slabs. It’s what’s she would have wanted. Far more respectful that attending sporting events.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 10:44 - Sep 10 with 1991 viewsDyland

Take the dog for an extra walk. Have a nice pint around 15.45 instead of a pint of piss. Hang out with the family. Cook a nice leisurely dinner vaguely sober.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:07 - Sep 10 with 1885 viewsOsborneOneNil

Did gym this morning.
The wife & I will shortly be taking the dog for a nice walk along the coast path whilst taking in a pub lunch.
Pint or 3 late afternoon with a couple of mates (and moan about the lack of football).
Chilled evening, watch a film, maybe grab a curry, glass or 2 of red.

Tomorrow is a blow, no footie for my boys.
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:33 - Sep 10 with 1814 viewssflurrie

Just put a TV up in the kitchen and fixed the downstairs loo roll holder. Is 11:30 too early for a reward beer? Might just watch f1 qualification later…. Funny old day.
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:41 - Sep 10 with 1783 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Missus is doing the Great North Run tomorrow, so we're heading up slightly earlier than planned today. Longer at Wylam's tap room though, so not all bad.
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:44 - Sep 10 with 1768 viewsbobbyramsey

…….but we’ll still be top of the league.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 11:45]
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:47 - Sep 10 with 1744 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 09:46 - Sep 10 by Sarge

Continuing to be angry that my weekend has been stolen from me and being left with absolutely nothing to do instead.

"Stolen" FFS.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:49 - Sep 10 with 1732 viewsleitrimblue

Some weird online workshop on zoom
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:57 - Sep 10 with 1707 viewsRyorry

Just doesn't feel like a Saturday now.

Getting round to catching up on very long-overdue emails, maybe phone-calls to friends during the showers; nettle, thistle & bramble-pulling between them + other weeding if time.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 12:01 - Sep 10 with 1705 viewsSarge

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 11:47 - Sep 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Stolen" FFS.

Have you ever considered that maybe you don’t know what goes on in other people’s lives?
What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 12:03 - Sep 10 with 1691 viewsTrequartista

I think Soccer Saturday should present 90 minutes of watching the Pools Panel come to their verdicts for all of today's fixtures. And if they don't exist anymore, bring them back.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 12:18 - Sep 10 with 1626 viewsWarkystache

Just finished the housework with my beloved, now we're going shopping to Morrisons. We would have been in San Francisco had things worked out as well....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 12:22 - Sep 10 with 1596 viewsGlasgowBlue

What's everyone doing with their free afternoon then? on 12:01 - Sep 10 by Sarge

Have you ever considered that maybe you don’t know what goes on in other people’s lives?

No a lot, if having a football match means your weekend has been stolen.

Other pastimes are available. There are plenty of weekends throughout the year when there is no football.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024