Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t shoot the messenger 16:01 - Dec 18 with 19242 viewstextbackup

But spoke to a certain ex loanee striker lastnight who mentioned there has been dialogue between his agent and club…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:26 - Dec 18 with 3704 viewsArnieM

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:05 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

So about the same as Ladapo whom we would be replacing?

I don't think Bonne is the answer, people say we should be looking at quality, championship level and they say Bonne could do a job in other threads.

Seems internally inconsistent to me.

SB

Thing is with Bonne is he won’t really cost us much if anything now. But he’s as good as Ladapo (if he has the same form he had at his last start with us)… and a damn sight quicker at closing down .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:31 - Dec 18 with 3671 viewsStokieBlue

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:26 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

Thing is with Bonne is he won’t really cost us much if anything now. But he’s as good as Ladapo (if he has the same form he had at his last start with us)… and a damn sight quicker at closing down .

Ladapo was free.

I don't think he's quicker at closing down than Ladapo.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:48 - Dec 18 with 3621 viewscbower

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:05 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

So about the same as Ladapo whom we would be replacing?

I don't think Bonne is the answer, people say we should be looking at quality, championship level and they say Bonne could do a job in other threads.

Seems internally inconsistent to me.

SB

If you read the post, I mention rotation and subbing. Bonne would, imho, have contributed more goals than Jackson were he to have been here, starting some games, coming on after 70 mins in others. I never mentioned replacing Ladapo, that was you. I also said that I was not sure he is the answer, again if you read the post, just that he would have bagged half a dozen goals imo. Myself, I think it's a great shame TJJ got injured. He was coming into his own and looked like he was finding his scoring boots too. He suited the style and looked like he could step up with cllub if and hopefully when that happens.

bluescouser

Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:15 - Dec 18 with 3492 viewsbilllm

Shoot me now if it's Bonne,
Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:17 - Dec 18 with 3482 viewsbazza

Don’t shoot the messenger on 16:21 - Dec 18 by SitfcB

He would have about 15 goals by now if he was here already and we’d be clear at the top.

I’d sacrifice a lotto win for bonne to be a success at town sitters .. !! He’s a blue !!! He’s a blue !!
Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:18 - Dec 18 with 3483 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hopefully it’s Dj Campbell and not Macauley Bonne

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:27 - Dec 18 with 3450 viewsRonFearonsHair

Abooooooouuuuuuuu
[Redacted] on 19:42 - Dec 18 with 3385 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:49 - Dec 18 with 3356 viewsStadiumofdark

D J Campbell hopefully. He knew where the net was
Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:57 - Dec 18 with 3311 viewsblueislander

Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:49 - Dec 18 by Stadiumofdark

D J Campbell hopefully. He knew where the net was

Batituta Inuit.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 20:05 - Dec 18 with 3268 viewsPimsNumber1

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:05 - Dec 18 by PioneerBlue

The more the season has progress the more Bonne looks like he suits, people said he doesn’t, but the chasing, the target in the box, the understanding of the system and players makes him very low risk, the costs probably quite high to incentivise release from the champ.

Surely he would cost next to.nothing as a loan or signing.Hes about 10th in pecking order there....has he even played a game.Hes no use to them.He was good to start with ...then couldn't hit a cows
Don’t shoot the messenger on 20:10 - Dec 18 with 3230 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I wouldn't be averse to getting Bonne if we got someone else as well. Cheap punt I'd imagine, but wouldn't want all my eggs in that particular basket.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 20:32 - Dec 18 with 3198 viewsChurchman

Frank Nouble anyone?
Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:01 - Dec 18 with 3133 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bonne + another in and then Ahadme out in loan for the rest of the season. Nothing against Ahadme whatsoever, but think everyone would agree he needs some games.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:04 - Dec 18 with 3113 viewsBobsthename

Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:01 - Dec 18 by Matt_Netherlands

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bonne + another in and then Ahadme out in loan for the rest of the season. Nothing against Ahadme whatsoever, but think everyone would agree he needs some games.

I’ve only seen bits of him and i’m not sure what we want he has anything to offer.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:23 - Dec 18 with 3072 viewsipswichtillidie

Still struggling to see the point of the Adhame signing. Always gonna be the odd mis I guess but whilst I agree he hasn’t had the time on the pitch, you can’t see him getting it either hence the ? Over this one tbh. If we sign another striker and everyone is fit he won’t make the bench. If everyone is fit without signing anyone I don’t think he makes the bench still.

Gav

Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:30 - Dec 18 with 3044 viewsVic

Interesting that you say contact between his agent and the club and not the other way round! I’m quite sure his agent has been in touch - doesn’t mean we’re seriously looking at him. I’d wager the face that KM used him less and less as last season went on suggests that he doesn’t think he’s the answer.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:31 - Dec 18 with 3041 viewsStenvict

Get Ahadme out on loan, and give him his beloved number 18 shirt.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:36 - Dec 18 with 3025 viewsSheffordBlue

Ahadme can only go back to Burton can't he? So part of the equation might depend on them wanting him back

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:43 - Dec 18 with 2980 viewsronnyd

Don’t shoot the messenger on 19:57 - Dec 18 by blueislander

Batituta Inuit.

We signing an Eskimo?
Don’t shoot the messenger on 22:07 - Dec 18 with 2921 viewsDinnernotTea

If Bonne was born and raised in Huddersfield not a single Ipswich fan would want him. A terrible last 12 months for him.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Don’t shoot the messenger on 22:10 - Dec 18 with 2876 viewsWallingford_Boy

Don’t shoot the messenger on 21:04 - Dec 18 by Bobsthename

I’ve only seen bits of him and i’m not sure what we want he has anything to offer.

What a ridiculous comment

RIP Sir Bobby

Don’t shoot the messenger on 22:30 - Dec 18 with 2835 viewsstrikalite

A gamble but free until the end of the season and I doubt there is another player out there who would want this more than Bonne, he'll have fire in his belly I'm sure..

And having a song that everyone can sing is another bonus ;)

No Club is going to release a player who is bang in form and scoring goals, unless it's serious money, and even that would be a gamble, we know how it works...
Don’t shoot the messenger on 02:54 - Dec 19 with 2654 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Excellent. Should have been here from the start of the season. Imagine how many times he’d have been on the end of one of Leif Davis’ delicious crosses.

Also heard that we are going to be recalling (already agreed with Portsmouth) Piggott.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 07:34 - Dec 19 with 2518 viewstextbackup

Don’t shoot the messenger on 17:31 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

Ladapo was free.

I don't think he's quicker at closing down than Ladapo.

SB

What?!
You’ve seen ladapo running, haven’t you? I mean come on, bloke looks like he’s running in mud sometimes (fwiw I like ladapo, but to suggest he’s quicker than Bonne is madness)
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 7:51]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024