Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago 14:37 - Mar 7 with 8137 viewsunstableblue

Saw this tweet!

That’s Ipswich at home against Wolves in the Championship

That crowd was pathetic.

The game was described as drab

Stuart Watson headlines ‘the usual tedium has returned’ and added
“ Ipswich Town fans had to sit through a typically stale spectacle at Portman Road this evening, a goalless affair with relegation-battling Wolves making it six draws from seven for Mick McCarthy’s men.” And “ The crowd was so quiet that you could hear skipper Luke Chambers shout ‘liven up’ at his team-mates at one stage”

Wolves we’re on an awful run, 6 defeats in a row, and we mustered 43% and 3 shots

And we had Lawrence and McGoldrick up front!! Jesus wept

There were 15,000 in Portman Road to watch Wolves in the Championship.

There will be 25,000 tonight against Accrington Stanley in League One

Never forget!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 957 viewsGarv

Football an entertainment sport...who knew?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:17 - Mar 7 with 940 viewsCoastalblue

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:03 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

I think most people would enjoy being in the premier league more than league one.

Stop digging, you're looking silly.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:21 - Mar 7 with 934 viewschicoazul

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:17 - Mar 7 by Coastalblue

Do you not think the league we are in affects our enjoyment? Why don’t we go non league in that case and win every game but refuse promotion?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:22 - Mar 7 with 933 viewsitfcjoe

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:01 - Mar 7 by Kropotkin123

Sometimes?

Regarding the support structure, that is one issue. I'd saying having a manger like Mick is the result of having no support structure. If we had a better support structure we'd identify and pursue more ambitious managers. Ones that believe they can achieve success through playing football.

I guess an element of that - but that support structure sometimes also knows more than one way to skin a cat and that by having a manager of Mick's ability level at the time it can get them where they need to be before moving on as a lot of clubs have done when getting into a different league

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:23 - Mar 7 with 923 viewsclive_baker

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:17 - Mar 7 by Coastalblue

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:25 - Mar 7 with 902 viewsTractorCam

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:03 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

I think most people would enjoy being in the premier league more than league one.

Depends how we did in it. My mate is a Swansea fan and after 3 years they were sick of it as you're turning up ready to lose most weeks.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:25 - Mar 7 with 901 viewspositivity

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:09 - Mar 7 by clive_baker

Certainly not knocking Mick, he played the hand he was dealt and he played it about as well as could have been expected. Sadly ME dealt him a 2 and a 7.

and instead of asking to deal again, he stuck. every card's a prisoner!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:27 - Mar 7 with 890 viewsgiant_stow

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:21 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

Do you not think the league we are in affects our enjoyment? Why don’t we go non league in that case and win every game but refuse promotion?

you might be on to something there - sounds fun.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:29 - Mar 7 with 877 viewschicoazul

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:25 - Mar 7 by TractorCam

Depends how we did in it. My mate is a Swansea fan and after 3 years they were sick of it as you're turning up ready to lose most weeks.

What’s the point of promotion then?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:33 - Mar 7 with 858 viewschicoazul

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:27 - Mar 7 by giant_stow

you might be on to something there - sounds fun.

Maybe I’m just an irascible old man but I don’t understand the attitude.

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:36 - Mar 7 with 852 viewsCoastalblue

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:21 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

The league and placing is somewhat irrespective of the state of the club. The suggestion is we are in a better place now, and excusing the one metric you decided to seize on we are light years ahead of where we were six years ago.

And no, in isolation I don't think the league affects the enjoyment of most, I too was at that wolves game and even had we somehow conjured a last minute winner it still would have been a dire evening, one of many at that time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:49 - Mar 7 with 819 viewspositivity

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:36 - Mar 7 by Coastalblue

The league and placing is somewhat irrespective of the state of the club. The suggestion is we are in a better place now, and excusing the one metric you decided to seize on we are light years ahead of where we were six years ago.

And no, in isolation I don't think the league affects the enjoyment of most, I too was at that wolves game and even had we somehow conjured a last minute winner it still would have been a dire evening, one of many at that time.

totally agree, as well as the good football, hope is important.

under latter-days mick, we had no real hope of going up, just desperately clinging on. under mckenna, we have hope of better days ahead.

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:55 - Mar 7 with 787 viewsHerbivore

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:00 - Mar 7 by PhilTWTD

Think it has some impact, doesn't it? You pretty much know eight times out of 10 in this division that it's going to be a case of breaking down a massed defence, which doesn't make for a hugely exciting match in terms of a contest. I don't think there would be a continuing appetite for League One football if we remain in this division.

Agreed. I'm pretty fed up with League 1 at this point. I'll renew my season ticket if we don't go up but whilst we're playing some good stuff, the standard in this league is pretty grim and there's not a lot to like about it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:57 - Mar 7 with 784 viewsHerbivore

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:02 - Mar 7 by textbackup

BCWYWF
that went well

Or something along those lines

It's 5 years since he left and we're in our fourth year in League 1.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 17:07 - Mar 7 with 782 viewsMattinLondon

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 15:56 - Mar 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Wolves wont be playing Accrington tonight,

Wolves were taken over in 2016 with their new owners pumping a lot more into the club which rejuvenated the club and fans. Without that investment, Wolves may well not be an established PL club.

The club may well have been in the championship but we were dying a slow death under Evans. We would eventually have been relegated with or without Mick.

Now, yes were in L1 but the levels of enthusiasm is ten fold what is was back then. Ideally we would never have been relegated and our owners would have brought us as a championship outfit. But that wasn’t the case.

Anyone who thinks that the football and club was in a better position then has no clue - we were a rotting corpse.
Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 17:07 - Mar 7 with 777 viewsPhilTWTD

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:55 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

Agreed. I'm pretty fed up with League 1 at this point. I'll renew my season ticket if we don't go up but whilst we're playing some good stuff, the standard in this league is pretty grim and there's not a lot to like about it.

Indeed. I felt the same about the Championship for a while!
Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:31 - Mar 7 with 678 viewschicoazul

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:36 - Mar 7 by Coastalblue

That one metric being the fact we were in the league above. Stockholm Syndrome from many fans in this thread.

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:32 - Mar 7 with 677 viewschicoazul

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:49 - Mar 7 by positivity

totally agree, as well as the good football, hope is important.

under latter-days mick, we had no real hope of going up, just desperately clinging on. under mckenna, we have hope of better days ahead.

Better days ahead, such as competing at the level Mick had us competing at.

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:37 - Mar 7 with 672 viewspositivity

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:32 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

Better days ahead, such as competing at the level Mick had us competing at.

we weren't competing, we were struggling at that stage.

we had continued decline, league one and continued asset-stripping to look foward to!

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:41 - Mar 7 with 666 viewsCoastalblue

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:31 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

That one metric being the fact we were in the league above. Stockholm Syndrome from many fans in this thread.

I'm not playing any more, nobody is this obtuse or willing to look this stupid without attempting to troll.

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:42 - Mar 7 with 670 viewsArnieM

OP: that was the wonder of Micks football. Had he stayed another year I would have given up my season ticket after 50+ years of being ever present. I couldn’t stomach anymore of the utter boring dross being served up at home!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:44 - Mar 7 with 663 viewsEdwardF

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 15:15 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

It was a lot better than now if that’s what you mean.

‘’Are you Bluefish in disguise?, ’Are you Bluefish in disguise?’’ (and repeat)

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:45 - Mar 7 with 660 viewsGuthrum

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 15:56 - Mar 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Wolves wont be playing Accrington tonight,

Tho they had been in League One a couple of seasons before that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:49 - Mar 7 with 655 viewswaveneyblue

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 16:00 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

You can beat that drum again and again but some people simply won’t listen because for many Ipswich fans failure is a form of success.

or perhaps - People can finally see light at the end of the tunnel, the style of football is good and there is a connection between the club and fans

But of course, you two doom mongers won't see it like that - because you just love being miserable

I'm sure I've asked before, but why do you support Ipswich, surely there must be something more miserable you can enjoy ?
Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:52 - Mar 7 with 652 viewsEdwardF

Remarkable insight to the state of Ipswich 6 years ago on 18:45 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

Tho they had been in League One a couple of seasons before that.

Come on, don't spoil a good fantasy with the truth Gunthrum!

His assertion that things were better 6 years ago, ranks in the top 5 of the most idiotic/look at me comments ever posted on TWTD

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024